Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus forum - we can do better

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:
    It puzzles me that a plea for people to be respectful in their engagement is seen as in any way controversial.

New to the Internet are we? :D

On days that I really want to lose faith in humanity (Few and far between thankfully) I read YouTube comments.

• I didn’t even see the now banned person’s posts or know he may have been increasingly disruptive? because I don’t in general read long threads. They usually become increasingly problematic the longer they go.

The only long thread I peak into is ze Drambo one which keeps me inspired. So for the most part I’m happy with this place

• @LinearLineman I wish I hadn’t started this thread either! I was kind of cringing when I wrote it as I knew how it might come across. It was honest though. I was getting bored with the bickering. That back and forth just makes ABF a duller place. I agreed with much of what Dawdles was saying. I think he and those reacting to him just needed to step back and reset their levels a bit. Keep it fun.

• I don't believe in group think or cliques (by design anyway), but I do think there's a greater good at play here also which deserves protecting and, the bottom line is that in the end this is not the internet at large but a small private club where we are all granted attendance at the pleasure and sufferance of the proprietors. I do think, in keeping with some eastern philosophy, that a number of folks have had past lives here also, and, as is the notion behind that concept, have made an effort to improve the level of their personal interactions. Egos are hard. We all have them :) And as a moderator of another forum I like said long ago: There is no responsibility to be kind or decent in the real world; here it seems fair that there is.

• @LinearLineman said:
    I have read this thread only just now and with great interest. I kind of wish @gusgranite hadn't started this thread though I have tremendous affection and respect for him and understand his disappointment in human nature and his desire to try and improve it. I am sad about the censure of Dawdles. I hope the @d4dOug of the "Drama Triangle" post will elucidate as I think it will shed light on our complicity in this "drama".

I have a few things to say:
    1. Once again, despite any shortcomings of the active and not so active participants, most are remarkable personalities here who present a generosity of spirit and intelligence difficult to find elsewhere.

1. That it is possible that this forum provides about as best a platform for consciousness raising as one can come across.
      IMO it is possible that we all might actually improve from a conversation like this rather than merely take confrontational positions for or against. How can this arise on a forum devoted to iOS apps? Amazing!

2. Though it will seem very odd, I must confess that I shed some tears as I followed this conversation. Partially because of the inherent beauty of the attempt here to be better and more compassionate people, but also because any suppression of free speech, as in Dawdles case, feels like a real transgression of inalienable human rights to me, especially these days. Some might recall Dawdles and I came to blows a while back. He did push my buttons! But I allowed my buttons to be pushed. He actually helped me to see that and inPMs we resolved our conflict. I have always respected his knowledge and accepted whatever psychological motives fueled his contentiousness.

3. In the spiritual philosophy of Adveyda Vedanta ( as I understand it), on this beknighted planet everyone is doing the best he possibly can, even the murderer and rapist. This does not mean society should not do something to put such people out of business, but that there can be no real blame attached. It is just the way each of us wound up, we just can't help it. With a situation like Dawdles his statements have always prompted reactions like "Clownboy" seen here ( I respect the poster who said this very much). Another example of how we cannot help our reactivity, except at a higher level of awareness ( as Einstein said re technological problems). Perhaps he can see his participation now in the "drama triangle" just as I did my own reactivity thanks to Dawdles provocative stance. I hope so. This is what I mean by the platform presenting an opportunity for consciousness raising for all participants. And I find this so rewarding, stunning and worthwhile compared to experiences I have had on other forums.

4. In regard to the above, I am now engaged in a very contentious discussion about jazz on the PianoWorld forum.
      I find my attempt to express another viewpoint being belittled, and my own credibility, talent, knowledge, honesty, skill, education, viewpoint, personal integrity, as well as that of my teachers being openly and blatantly dismissed and discredited by several folks In no uncertain terms. That I feel this as a genuine attempt at suppression ( though of something rather unimportant in the scheme of things) is, for me, emblematic of the forces constantly at work in our world and present ( as Jung described the shadow self) in all of us to greater and lesser degrees. For the more concerned and introspective among us this is a constant reason for self examination and identification of the more primitive fears and impulses that can easily erupt in the best of us and with the best of intentions. If you would like to read this thread, please PM me and I will give you the link. Believe me, it is an eye opener, particularly because the participants assume a mantle of rectitude and intellectual superiority that masks the deeper and creepier motivations below the surface,

5. Finally, thank you for the opportunity to be so long winded about this. I realize it is of great importance to me but may not be to others. The tolerance of this forum is to be highly valued in these troubled times ( for those who don't know, I currently live in Istanbul and am seeing things in quite a new light). With that in mind I would ask @michael to reconsider Dawdles as, from my observation, our reactivity continually drew him further into the net we all unwittingly ( or wittingly) participated in ( including myself). He is a valuable contributor with a difficulty in diplomatic communication. The opportunity for him to grow could be recognized as equally important as our own potentialities. I say give him that chance, but it is only my opinion.

Thank you @gusgranite for providing a thread to discuss these issues not directly related to drambo's release. This is a dimension of the forum that, for me, is as important as all the iOS fun we have. Best regards, Mike

I also had a issue with Dawdles in the past and was slapped on the wrist by Mr M for calling him a troll. However I actually warmed up to him somewhat since. I have also experienced a level hate from the forum for my crital views on some apps on a few occasions. Some people tell me I’m moaning and some make criptic jokes. Not really a big deal to me to be honest but it does make me think twice before expressing myself. I also feel dawdles should get a second chance.

• edited November 2018

@LinearLineman said:
    I have read this thread only just now and with great interest. I kind of wish @gusgranite hadn't started this thread though I have tremendous affection and respect for him and understand his disappointment in human nature and his desire to try and improve it. I am sad about the censure of Dawdles. I hope the @d4dOug of the "Drama Triangle" post will elucidate as I think it will shed light on our complicity in this "drama".

I have a few things to say:
    1. Once again, despite any shortcomings of the active and not so active participants, most are remarkable personalities here who present a generosity of spirit and intelligence difficult to find elsewhere.

1. That it is possible that this forum provides about as best a platform for consciousness raising as one can come across.
      IMO it is possible that we all might actually improve from a conversation like this rather than merely take confrontational positions for or against. How can this arise on a forum devoted to iOS apps? Amazing!

2. Though it will seem very odd, I must confess that I shed some tears as I followed this conversation. Partially because of the inherent beauty of the attempt here to be better and more compassionate people, but also because any suppression of free speech, as in Dawdles case, feels like a real transgression of inalienable human rights to me, especially these days. Some might recall Dawdles and I came to blows a while back. He did push my buttons! But I allowed my buttons to be pushed. He actually helped me to see that and inPMs we resolved our conflict. I have always respected his knowledge and accepted whatever psychological motives fueled his contentiousness.

3. In the spiritual philosophy of Adveyda Vedanta ( as I understand it), on this beknighted planet everyone is doing the best he possibly can, even the murderer and rapist. This does not mean society should not do something to put such people out of business, but that there can be no real blame attached. It is just the way each of us wound up, we just can't help it. With a situation like Dawdles his statements have always prompted reactions like "Clownboy" seen here ( I respect the poster who said this very much). Another example of how we cannot help our reactivity, except at a higher level of awareness ( as Einstein said re technological problems). Perhaps he can see his participation now in the "drama triangle" just as I did my own reactivity thanks to Dawdles provocative stance. I hope so. This is what I mean by the platform presenting an opportunity for consciousness raising for all participants. And I find this so rewarding, stunning and worthwhile compared to experiences I have had on other forums.

4. In regard to the above, I am now engaged in a very contentious discussion about jazz on the PianoWorld forum.
      I find my attempt to express another viewpoint being belittled, and my own credibility, talent, knowledge, honesty, skill, education, viewpoint, personal integrity, as well as that of my teachers being openly and blatantly dismissed and discredited by several folks In no uncertain terms. That I feel this as a genuine attempt at suppression ( though of something rather unimportant in the scheme of things) is, for me, emblematic of the forces constantly at work in our world and present ( as Jung described the shadow self) in all of us to greater and lesser degrees. For the more concerned and introspective among us this is a constant reason for self examination and identification of the more primitive fears and impulses that can easily erupt in the best of us and with the best of intentions. If you would like to read this thread, please PM me and I will give you the link. Believe me, it is an eye opener, particularly because the participants assume a mantle of rectitude and intellectual superiority that masks the deeper and creepier motivations below the surface,

5. Finally, thank you for the opportunity to be so long winded about this. I realize it is of great importance to me but may not be to others. The tolerance of this forum is to be highly valued in these troubled times ( for those who don't know, I currently live in Istanbul and am seeing things in quite a new light). With that in mind I would ask @michael to reconsider Dawdles as, from my observation, our reactivity continually drew him further into the net we all unwittingly ( or wittingly) participated in ( including myself). He is a valuable contributor with a difficulty in diplomatic communication. The opportunity for him to grow could be recognized as equally important as our own potentialities. I say give him that chance, but it is only my opinion.

Thank you @gusgranite for providing a thread to discuss these issues not directly related to drambo's release. This is a dimension of the forum that, for me, is as important as all the iOS fun we have. Best regards, Mike

In regards to my clownboy remark it was a reference to his provocative avatar.

@LinearLineman with all due respect was philosophical all you like but you’re exacerbating a problem that isn’t a problem in the grander scheme of things. There are a few million other forums our late buddy can torment while he waits out his timeout in the “quiet corner” with regards to his suspended AB forum account.

• Ok @LucidMusicInc, we are all entitled to our opinion. I hope you agree.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Ok @LucidMusicInc, we are all entitled to our opinion. I hope you agree.

To some extent. I was surprised to see the ban but I suspect there was more cause for the ban than these posts. Perhaps a PM and a warning might have been exchanged that he chose to ignore.

We’re entitled to our opinions but we must own up to the consequences of our mistakes as well

• Dawdless for sure had his ups and downs in terms of validity and reasonableness of posts but I had a distinct picture of him prior to banning. He appeared to own every piece of gear under the sun and always had some way the he thought they were deficient. I swear I have seen him on every hardware and software related post. I also never once saw him post a single thing that indicated that he actually made any music. I pretty much saw him as I see the people who post on /r/synthesizers. I think many others on this forum felt the same.

Look, I'm not saying that is who is who he is. In fact, I'm sure it is not. But that is what he APPEARED to be. With that type of projection I can totally understand why people would react to him the way they have in the forum. If there is always something wrong with everything and you are not actually contributing to the creativity of the forum people are going to have a problem with you.

• @gusgranite said:
    The recent bickering and sniping has made me want to stay away of late. This is my fun time, if it gets dull then I move on. I’m sure others are the same. Which would be a shame because I would prefer that we all stuck around. I’ve learned so much from this forum and have always enjoyed hanging out.

One of the bright lights of this forum is the engagement with the developers. We are learning that they are in it for the fun as well because nobody’s getting rich off iOS app development that we’re aware of. If I was a developer though I would be seriously questioning the value of taking part in this forum considering the tone of recent threads.

So here’s a call for us all to just step back a minute and take a breath. Raise concerns but not repeatedly. Treat differing opinions with respect. Treat developers like royalty! Try to keep the tone friendly and good humoured. Cut down the gossip and accusations. Drop your guard and try to not take offence too quickly.

Yes, I may sound like a self-righteous old pomp saying this but I will try to heed my own words as well.

Peace ✌️

Well, I feel I have two cents to add to this original post. I mostly agree with it. However, there is a way to be critical of a developer or their app while at the same time keeping a respectful tone - something I'm still learning to perfect myself, mostly in regards to developers asking for a subscription fee for their app.

Right, this used to be my "Achille's Heel" and would, let's just say make me "passionate" in my responses, lol. :disappointed: (I.e. I'd make an arse of myself.) Oddly enough, it's becoming an Auxy subscriber what made my soften my tone in regards to that.

Regarding politics, this is why Facebook is there. Regarding musicians' political views, that's why there's KVR. :smirk: Lol. With such a diversity of opinions, people will tend to butt heads. Just remember, my dad says, "Opinions are like arseholes. Everyone has one and they all stink. Yours are no exception." :lol: Lol. Developers, @mathieugarcia especially, please remember my dad's quip. It's a good phrase that can help keep you from feeling beaten down.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to offer a sincere long overdue apology to @lucas . I'm sorry I was such an arse to you for so long in regards to your app and pricing. Hopefully you can come back and accept my apology. :disappointed:

• This place can be a lot like Lord of The Flies sometimes.

What people miss is that not a single one of us here are real people. Fiction I tell ya!

We are a collection of screen names and avatars inspired by people. As such, no one’s opinions or truths actually exist. Evidence...Dawdles. He doesn’t exist anymore now does he? See how it works? Is he dead? No. Because Dawdles isn’t a fucking person Charlie.🙄🤦🏽‍♂️😂

The person that created Dawdles can create another profile and be in this very thread as a completely different empathetic contributor and no one be any wiser.

Its not lost on me that people take themonlineselves as seriously as they take their reality’s and I try not to make jokes about these types. Sometimes I can’t resist because it’s pretty absurd to me that people get real feelings upset or engage a guy with a clown avatar as if they’re gonna win office or some prize in the real world for being “right” about something that doesn’t even matter.lol.

It’s astonishing actually. But I get it. Some don’t have much else going on. Some are just sensitive. Some have conditions that prevent them from resisting confrontation. Some have more air in their egos. And so on.

So I try my best to allow space in my humor and asshole flavored perspective for these people in denial that none of us here really exist...to exist safely.lol. I love every virtual soul here because they exist at my pleasure. When it ain’t pleasurable. Poof! You all go bye bye till I say you exist again.

If we really existed, you wouldn’t mind having up to date pictures with your state issued names and contact information so you could be held accountable for your contributions. How many here would make such a commitment? Yeah. That’s what I thought.

If we were all in a room having these debates and threads in real time...attitudes, perspective and behavior would adjust accordingly.

The agitators who are really insecure dweebs would quiet there pompous elitist rants for fear of being smacked. Bullies would be arrested and banned for assaulting people. Talented and beautiful among us would be elevated and so on.

That isn’t the case here. For all I know some of you holy goers have people chained up and screaming while your posting ever so peacefully. Some of the agitators could be monks in real life and come here to tweak.lol

All this to say get over yourself. Everyone. You don’t even fuck exist bro. Have fun, respect people or get banned and voted off the island which means a whole 2 minutes to create a new profile. Who has time for that shit?lol

It. Ain’t. That. Deep.

• @jwmmakerofmusic

The saying about everyone having an opinion is an interesting one, not sure where or how it originated or why it has endured. I don’t believe it’s true however, it bears resemblance to the idea of cultural and moral relativism, your truth is different than mine and therefore we can’t ever completely understand each other and this has resulted in our present day society with identity and segregation politics.

Not all opinions are equal. Some are dangerous, hateful or ignorant. As educated and reasonable minded human beings we have a responsibility to seek out and maintain a degree of consensus and assist in guiding or educating those who hold wrong opinions to form better opinions, in other words to think critically.

• @gusgranite said:
    So here’s a call for us all to ... try to keep the tone friendly and good humoured. Cut down the gossip and accusations. Drop your guard and try to not take offence too quickly.

yeah this bit is what it boils down to for me, its about a high level of mutual respect for people who are ultimately strangers. I think overall we're doing ok here.

• @WillieNegus said:
    This place can be a lot like Lord of The Flies sometimes.

What people miss is that not a single one of us here are real people. Fiction I tell ya!

We are a collection of screen names and avatars inspired by people. As such, no one’s opinions or truths actually exist. Evidence...Dawdles. He doesn’t exist anymore now does he? See how it works? Is he dead? No. Because Dawdles isn’t a fucking person Charlie.🙄🤦🏽‍♂️😂

The person that created Dawdles can create another profile and be in this very thread as a completely different empathetic contributor and no one be any wiser.

Its not lost on me that people take themonlineselves as seriously as they take their reality’s and I try not to make jokes about these types. Sometimes I can’t resist because it’s pretty absurd to me that people get real feelings upset or engage a guy with a clown avatar as if they’re gonna win office or some prize in the real world for being “right” about something that doesn’t even matter.lol.

It’s astonishing actually. But I get it. Some don’t have much else going on. Some are just sensitive. Some have conditions that prevent them from resisting confrontation. Some have more air in their egos. And so on.

So I try my best to allow space in my humor and asshole flavored perspective for these people in denial that none of us here really exist...to exist safely.lol. I love every virtual soul here because they exist at my pleasure. When it ain’t pleasurable. Poof! You all go bye bye till I say you exist again.

If we really existed, you wouldn’t mind having up to date pictures with your state issued names and contact information so you could be held accountable for your contributions. How many here would make such a commitment? Yeah. That’s what I thought.

If we were all in a room having these debates and threads in real time...attitudes, perspective and behavior would adjust accordingly.

The agitators who are really insecure dweebs would quiet there pompous elitist rants for fear of being smacked. Bullies would be arrested and banned for assaulting people. Talented and beautiful among us would be elevated and so on.

That isn’t the case here. For all I know some of you holy goers have people chained up and screaming while your posting ever so peacefully. Some of the agitators could be monks in real life and come here to tweak.lol

All this to say get over yourself. Everyone. You don’t even fuck exist bro. Have fun, respect people or get banned and voted off the island which means a whole 2 minutes to create a new profile. Who has time for that shit?lol

It. Ain’t. That. Deep.

How did you know I have someone chained up and screaming in my house?

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Enough now, untie me and let me go !

• edited November 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@WillieNegus said:

It. Ain’t. That. Deep.

Perhaps a group name outta that?😂

Edit: sorry. I will not be the cause of @fruitbat derailing this group hug by digging in his perv bag of jokes😩

• @supanorton said:
    Here is my favorite line in the link @JohnnyGoodyear shared:

“unique organisms not found elsewhere”

Damn. I just wanted to join the conversation about unique orgasms not found elsewhere, but then I read again.😬

• edited November 2018

@LeonKowalski said:

@supanorton said:
    Here is my favorite line in the link @JohnnyGoodyear shared:

“unique organisms not found elsewhere”

Damn. I just wanted to join the conversation about unique orgasms not found elsewhere, but then I read again.😬

😩🤦🏽‍♂️😂

• @WillieNegus said:

Talented and beautiful among us would be elevated and so on.

If only it were so. I'm still waiting for the call...

• @WillieNegus said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@WillieNegus said:

It. Ain’t. That. Deep.

Perhaps a group name outta that?😂

Edit: sorry. I will not be the cause of @fruitbat derailing this group hug by digging in his perv bag of jokes😩

O yes!....to the group name.....O no....to the request for release Andy :)

• edited November 2018

@MonzoPro said:

@WillieNegus said:

Talented and beautiful among us would be elevated and so on.

If only it were so. I'm still waiting for the call...

Pick up the phone baby! You sexy mf you!!😎😂😂

Folks must admit, a balance of witty, humorous and informative comments uplift this place. Could be just me. Screw any opposing opinion.👀 (😈)

• @WillieNegus said:

It. Ain’t. That. Deep.

Yeah like if Dawdless made an avatar again people wouldn't know it was him? Come on man. Banning is obviously more symbolic than anything but this is a small forum, people aren't stupid. Inventing fictions is harder to maintain than you seem to think.

• edited November 2018

@shiftsynth1 said:

@WillieNegus said:

It. Ain’t. That. Deep.

Yeah like if Dawdless made an avatar again people wouldn't know it was him? Come on man. Banning is obviously more symbolic than anything but this is a small forum, people aren't stupid. Inventing fictions is harder to maintain than you seem to think.

It doesn’t matter if people knew it was him or not. If someone other than Mike is sitting at the gate scrutinizing profiles to match and police if it’s a former bannie-boy they may out themselves as someone with questionable motivation.

Like...wtf cares or has the time for that job? Especially if the re-incarnated avatar is well behaved with upgraded behavior? I’m definitely full jokes on that weanie!lol

Again, it’s not that serious. Maintaining fictions isn’t hard here because again, everyone here is doing it. We don’t exist dude. I promise. I respect if you don’t agree tho. I’m comfortable with being dead ass wrong. Online and in real life. Life’s too short to be right or even caring to be right all of the time. Just be.

Hey, I might be the dumbest guy here. If everyone agrees that to be true it is.

Guess how much it would effect the real man that created my profile?lol.

• @WillieNegus What makes this forum a better place is that we generally do consider each other real people.

and real people need an appropriate amount of humor and brevity. glad you are here mate :wink:

• @Hmtx said:
    @WillieNegus What makes this forum a better place is that we generally do consider each other real people.

and real people need an appropriate amount of humor and brevity. glad you are here mate :wink:

Likewise bro ✊🏽.

• Black Friday sales around the corner, new apps and updates on the horizon. Things are looking good.
    I think around this time of year everybody starts to get a little crazy haha

• edited November 2018

@WillieNegus, my name is Michael Levy, 70, born in NYC and I live in Istanbul. Of course this is not my picture or my real name. I am much better looking, 32 and have several sets of ID.

Foolish of me to think that there was a growth opportunity here for those who like that sort of thing. No point to it as it is not much fun. Argh @gusgranite! There should have been a warning accompanying your topic! NOT FUN! After all a first rate fantasy beats a third rate reality. I will try to adopt your viewpoint, Willie. Of course that is not your real name. And I can't really trust that you don't mean the opposite of what you say. Seriously, I am not slamming you, though you can't believe a word I say, either. Even my enthusiasm about the Ravenscroft275 piano app was a careful fabrication To lead people astray if I can. ( it crackles, hehheh).

I will probably be better off. At least the human condition will not drive me to tears. Must get over these annoying feelings and become part of the lying, unreal world. And certainly must get over myself. As you say, why even bother to be someone? Unbrave New World. Darn you @gusgranite! (I know your name isn't Gus, you slick conniver). You just wanted me to make a fool of whoever I might be pretending to be. Well, you succeeded!
    And oh yeah, the human ( who knows, you could be an alien), posing as Gus, it just ain't that deep. It never was.

• :o

@gusgranite I agree. Everyone just take a step back before jumping forward.

@JohnnyGoodyear interesting comparison to succession ecology.

• Well I live over on the Song of the Month Club thread, I only tend to read what the grown ups write out here in the main forum, but I can tell you SOTMC pretty much shows the best of on line music forums. The AB forum overall is pretty bloody good though it must be said, we shouldn’t beat ourselves up too much, you lovely people