Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bleass is live, landscape, and one price for full unlock

124»

Comments

• edited March 2019

@bleassapp When I Export it seems its just the Project - are samples contained within the Exported project file. I ask this because I will want to transfer or send projects to my friends who have not got the samples saved locally on their ipads.
    EDIT : i just checked this - what is the point of exporting if the samples do not export with the project.. thats not cool
    Also can you add a Destructive Trim for samples. Helps to minimize project file size.

• Am I missing something? Is there no way to set key/scale for pads? It’s always chromatic?

• edited March 2019

@bleassapp ... I just sprung for pro version, and I’m a little bummed... In the free version I saw there was the ability to choose audio output channel... I thought, “that’s perfect! I. An route each instrument to its own channel in AUM...”

Nope... it’s only left and right... 😡 As it supports IAA, and typically when an app allows multichannel (like Seekbeats or Patterning) it means what it says.

I suggest, so it’s less misleading or confusing, either support true multi channel out or change the terms in the app from channel 1/2 to L/R...

I appreciate what you’re trying to do with the app, and I think I get your vision, but as it is now, it’s too limited for the price...

• Needs scale constraint/picker for tracks other than chords, or have option for nonchord melodic lines to do a scaler transpose based on chord track.
    • Needs proper external audio routing
    • There’s apparently no way to do ties/slides in mono synth unless I’m missing something
    • Needs the ability to have the colors in the drum tracks be different if the underlying sample is different
    • Allow different send fx per track if you’re not going to do proper multitrack output
    • Allow AU fx in the app (a la Quantiloop etc) if you’re not going to allow multiouts
    • Parameter automation recording
    • I can’t midi learn obvious stuff like levels in mixer view?!
    • There’s no panning?!

You’re basically competing with guys like GR16 at your price. You don’t need to be as broad as GR16 in terms of features, but you do need to be deeper... Keep doing what you’re doing, but do it better... It still feels too beta stage.

Just my .02 (or should I say $13.99)

• @MonkeyDrummer Well said . Its a bit of a let down because its a really good app just needs extra functions

• edited March 2019

@MonkeyDrummer @bleassapp i just do not understand how a groovebox has no metronome or record count in. This is a £13.99 app. Sort it out
    Also @bleassapp i see you reference a lot about using Bleass with other apps . That leaves me thinking its not good for a dev to assume the user has or can afford the other apps. i.e your reason for no audio export. You said route Bleass into AUM etc. Fairplay but again this is a £13.99 app that should have Audio Export. Its a good app I want to support fully hence buying the full version just need to add the basic functions at least for standard audio iOS apps.
    Peace.

• @bleassapp I think it’s pretty great what you got going on with this app now, sure there could be some more bells and whistles, but like the other poster said the biggest thing missing is the lack of a scale picker for melodic lines/the mono synth. Why limit that function to just the chords? Especially when this sort of thing has pretty much been standard on iOS music apps for a long time now, scale choice

• @db909 the biggest issue for me is the Export only exports a Project file without the samples. So when you transfer there are no audio samples

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    @bleassapp ... I just sprung for pro version, and I’m a little bummed... In the free version I saw there was the ability to choose audio output channel... I thought, “that’s perfect! I. An route each instrument to its own channel in AUM...”

Nope... it’s only left and right... 😡 As it supports IAA, and typically when an app allows multichannel (like Seekbeats or Patterning) it means what it says.

I suggest, so it’s less misleading or confusing, either support true multi channel out or change the terms in the app from channel 1/2 to L/R...

I appreciate what you’re trying to do with the app, and I think I get your vision, but as it is now, it’s too limited for the price...

• Needs scale constraint/picker for tracks other than chords, or have option for nonchord melodic lines to do a scaler transpose based on chord track.
    • Needs proper external audio routing
    • There’s apparently no way to do ties/slides in mono synth unless I’m missing something
    • Needs the ability to have the colors in the drum tracks be different if the underlying sample is different
    • Allow different send fx per track if you’re not going to do proper multitrack output
    • Allow AU fx in the app (a la Quantiloop etc) if you’re not going to allow multiouts
    • Parameter automation recording
    • I can’t midi learn obvious stuff like levels in mixer view?!
    • There’s no panning?!

You’re basically competing with guys like GR16 at your price. You don’t need to be as broad as GR16 in terms of features, but you do need to be deeper... Keep doing what you’re doing, but do it better... It still feels too beta stage.

Just my .02 (or should I say $13.99)

Thanks for the feedback.
    Regarding audio routing, please note that it's only external audio routing. To that end, we've made a brand new tutorial : go check it out !

regarding your other suggestions, thank you very much, we'll look into it to see what's feasable.

• @stormbeats said:
    @MonkeyDrummer @bleassapp i just do not understand how a groovebox has no metronome or record count in. This is a £13.99 app. Sort it out
    Also @bleassapp i see you reference a lot about using Bleass with other apps . That leaves me thinking its not good for a dev to assume the user has or can afford the other apps. i.e your reason for no audio export. You said route Bleass into AUM etc. Fairplay but again this is a £13.99 app that should have Audio Export. Its a good app I want to support fully hence buying the full version just need to add the basic functions at least for standard audio iOS apps.
    Peace.

audio export is implemented : you have to go to "config" and activate "recorder mode" in order to export 16 bits wav files.

• Thank you @MonkeyDrummer @db909 @stormbeats for your feedback and features suggestions.
    Please feel free to go on on the official thread here on the audiobus forum to add more:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/31732/bleass-apps-official-thread

Maybe you have discovered BLEASS groovebox only a few weeks ago, but have a look at the app's updates history : we have added several features since its launch, and we are continuing to improve the app according to our users feedbacks: There are some great features ideas but as you can imagine, we have to prioritize.
    Our vision with BLEASS groovebox is to offer a stable, crashless and powerful live performance music making machine. Therefore, we will always focus on performance and stability over claggy features. Be sure that there are always new extra functions coming : Stay tuned for the next updates!

• edited March 2019

@bleassapp said

:

@stormbeats said:
    Peace.

audio export is implemented : you have to go to "config" and activate "recorder mode" in order to export 16 bits wav files.

@bleassapp thanks for reply. When I say “no audio export” I mean within an exported Project File no samples or audio are included. Really need this for transfering and backup reasons.I do not consider this or a record count in or sample trim as “claggy” but basics.