Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bleass is live, landscape, and one price for full unlock

Comments

• @pauly said:

@db909 said:
    I like what I see, subscription aside. I’ll probably try it for a month see how it goes. Definitely like the simplistic look of it

I don't really have any experience with Appstore subscriptions, but I know that other subscription sellers are notorious for being easy to sign on to, and damn near impossible to cancel. Does anybody know how easy it is to 'hop on and hop off' subscriptions in the Appstore?

It’s easy enough once you suss out the labyrinthine route to get to the management area.

Settings -> Apple ID/iCloud profile link at the top -> iTunes and App Store -> Apple ID link at the top -> View Apple ID -> Subscriptions.

Obvious, right?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@bleassapp said:
    Thanks for these precious feedbacks ! Our App, BLEASS, will be officially available on November 11th.
    Yes, it is in portrait mode for many reasons : it's ideal with an iPhone, but also optimized for live performance. Yet, as we constantly update and improve BLEASS with new features, the landscape mode for iPad is currently under development : we hope to launch this feature very soon!

Also, the subscription model we've chosen for BLEASS is the only way to constantly add new contents (samples and presets packs) as well as new features (FXs, new Instruments...). If we had chosen not to improve BLEASS constantly, then we would have chosen the single time payment.

Feel free to check our new forum to ask for features https://www.bleass.com/community/

I respect your posting here.

But, that is an oversimplification of the market and how things work.

Otherwise, how are there so many hugely successful apps and developers, from indie to corporate who don't use a sub model?

On iOS? I'd be curious to know who and what is hugely successful, because if we had actual examples with actual profits declared, it would simplify the argument. Assuming it was a comparable app and market, we could just say, hey, look at how so-and-so is doing it and follow their lead.

AFAIK, many of the bigger companies offer relatively inexpensive apps on iOS for promotional purposes. Some update and improve for free or IAP, others not so much. Indie developers are often in it because they love making apps and providing a great service to the community and to the art, regardless of how much money they can make. What about business, though? How does a dev actually make a steady stream of decent income from an iOS app? I don't know, but if it can deliver what a specific group of music-makers want, subscription may be one viable possibility.

• edited November 2018

@lovadamusic said:

@brambos said:

@grego68 said:
    Tize And Glitché have a subscription as well now .Now i Will check every updates and doesnt allow it if it goes to a monthly or yearly subscription.This silly subscription mode appearred two years ago And now it’s the goose that lays golden eggs for the dev. There is subscription for Eq (goose Eq), subscription for several synths, subscription for a lot of bad video/photo app ...Excepted Netflix and a few apps I will never accept this stupid rent for crappy apps. And if all apps become subscription ´based, I will quit for Android !

I think people are really over-dramatic about subscriptions becoming the norm. How many music apps are subscription now? 4? 6? While about that same number of subscription-free music apps are being released every day.

The problem is really negligible, if you consider it a problem in the first place of course.

I think most of the drama queens terrified of the subscription invasion already own more apps than they'll ever use, and even if half the new apps coming go to subs, which doesn't appear close to likely, there would still be more than enough sub-free apps to keep them busy.

This idea of users paying a monthly fee to get constant updates and content makes sense. It's a commitment by the dev and by the user, and may be the best model for getting paid making iOS apps for all I know. Of course, it's not for everyone, but it doesn't need to be. For those open to the model, subscription will only work for apps that deliver. Who is going to pay every month for "crappy" apps?

I don't think BLEASS offers enough for me at this stage of its development, but why attack it for being subscription? If the cost is too high, don't buy it. If it's not landscape, don't buy it. But if enough people do subscribe, maybe someday it'll be an app I want. So I see the app as good news and wish the best to the developer.

well put.... and if they don't give you the run around and tell you up front what features they will provide for the subscription than it will be an improvement over the crapshoot method of not knowing whether a synth is going to include midi or not etc...

if people don't like the features they commit to providing then people won't commit to subscribing, I'm so tired of the 'keep it hush hush on the features front because if we say what we're working on another dev will steal it'....... never happens, but what does happen is continuously the same omitted features over and over again, and if it did happen it would be good for the iOS platform as a whole because then all the devs would be putting in the basic standard features just because they're biting off of another dev who did it.... i.e. oooh I can't tell you whether I'm going to implement panning because if I do somebody else might do it lol.

Just put p.locks, midi in/out, and a sample slicer in every app for Pete's sake, make people happy and take their money!!!! why does this have to be so hard. Everybody complains about apple not taking the platform seriously and why would they when there is a conspiracy against basic standards in apps.

• @pauly said:

@db909 said:
    I like what I see, subscription aside. I’ll probably try it for a month see how it goes. Definitely like the simplistic look of it

I don't really have any experience with Appstore subscriptions, but I know that other subscription sellers are notorious for being easy to sign on to, and damn near impossible to cancel. Does anybody know how easy it is to 'hop on and hop off' subscriptions in the Appstore?

Apple asks all developers to add a statement regarding subscription. To manage your purchases, learn more on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

@bleassapp said:
    Thanks for the kind words. Stay tuned, BLEASS has more features to come, as well as more tutorials to show all of the extent of BLEASS features. The full list of features is here : https://www.bleass.com/#features

Okay mate, let me put it like this. If you add more than four tracks (at least 24 tracks), I'll give the subscription a shot at least for a month. The four-track limitation makes it a "one-time fee of $9.99" toy app and not worth a recurring fee. Sorry if I'm being hyper critical, but please update it with more tracks as soon as you can so I can subscribe as soon as I can, lol.

And, landscape mode to soon follow, although to be fair, I used Gadget back when it was Portrait-only, so that's not really too big an issue.

BLEASS is nothing like a "toy app" : it's a professionnal grade instrument, and I suggest you try it before being so definitive about it ;-)
    We are happy to let you know that we've added a trial period in the next release, so you'll be able to try BLEASS to its full extent !

• @bleassapp said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

@bleassapp said:
    Thanks for the kind words. Stay tuned, BLEASS has more features to come, as well as more tutorials to show all of the extent of BLEASS features. The full list of features is here : https://www.bleass.com/#features

Okay mate, let me put it like this. If you add more than four tracks (at least 24 tracks), I'll give the subscription a shot at least for a month. The four-track limitation makes it a "one-time fee of $9.99" toy app and not worth a recurring fee. Sorry if I'm being hyper critical, but please update it with more tracks as soon as you can so I can subscribe as soon as I can, lol.

And, landscape mode to soon follow, although to be fair, I used Gadget back when it was Portrait-only, so that's not really too big an issue.

BLEASS is nothing like a "toy app" : it's a professionnal grade instrument, and I suggest you try it before being so definitive about it ;-)
    We are happy to let you know that we've added a trial period in the next release, so you'll be able to try BLEASS to its full extent !

I knew the "toy app" line would get your attention mate. ;) I can't wait to give the trial a shot. How long does the trial last?

• edited November 2018

Edited: this app is FUCKING AWESOME. IKaossilator style note replace 100% with MIDI IN on the pro version. You can have up to NINE sounds on each track though only one can play at once. Sample import. This is quite fun guys

• edited November 2018

@lovadamusic said:

@brambos said:

@grego68 said:
    Tize And Glitché have a subscription as well now .Now i Will check every updates and doesnt allow it if it goes to a monthly or yearly subscription.This silly subscription mode appearred two years ago And now it’s the goose that lays golden eggs for the dev. There is subscription for Eq (goose Eq), subscription for several synths, subscription for a lot of bad video/photo app ...Excepted Netflix and a few apps I will never accept this stupid rent for crappy apps. And if all apps become subscription ´based, I will quit for Android !

I think people are really over-dramatic about subscriptions becoming the norm. How many music apps are subscription now? 4? 6? While about that same number of subscription-free music apps are being released every day.

The problem is really negligible, if you consider it a problem in the first place of course.

I think most of the drama queens terrified of the subscription invasion already own more apps than they'll ever use, and even if half the new apps coming go to subs, which doesn't appear close to likely, there would still be more than enough sub-free apps to keep them busy.

This idea of users paying a monthly fee to get constant updates and content makes sense. It's a commitment by the dev and by the user, and may be the best model for getting paid making iOS apps for all I know. Of course, it's not for everyone, but it doesn't need to be. For those open to the model, subscription will only work for apps that deliver. Who is going to pay every month for "crappy" apps?

I don't think BLEASS offers enough for me at this stage of its development, but why attack it for being subscription? If the cost is too high, don't buy it. If it's not landscape, don't buy it. But if enough people do subscribe, maybe someday it'll be an app I want. So I see the app as good news and wish the best to the developer.

Paying a sub for constant content and updates only makes sense if you want or need them. IAP at least allow a greater choice in this matter. A commitment by the dev and by the user, in what way does this differ from a one off payment, IAP or subscription.

In short for most apps, subscription is without a doubt the worst model available.

• edited November 2018

Get in here @robosardine. This thing has full
    blown note replace recording coupled with midi in and out. I’ve just been recording into it from Soundprism just endlessly replacing and morphing the phrases. Lots of fun, bit buggy though Shame about subscription but I dunno, it might be worth it for me

• This app is $87AUD per year. Call me crazy but that is absurd. I'm not dissing subscription here, either.

• Update 1.2.0 is now available! It brings Landscape mode, single app purchase (full unlock for 13,99$ !), ping pong delay, a second LFO, pitch bars and a new sample pack.
    We've made a short video to present some of these new features:

Download update: http://bit.ly/bleassdownload

What do you think of this new update?

• Looks really interesting but I won’t engage with any subscription based app.

• edited November 2018

@CRAKROX said:
    Looks really interesting but I won’t engage with any subscription based app.

Bleassapp said: single app purchase (full unlock for 13,99$ !)

I think that and the landscape mode shows they're listening and worth consideration.

• @bleassapp said:
    Update 1.2.0 is now available! It brings Landscape mode, single app purchase (full unlock for 13,99$ !), ping pong delay, a second LFO, pitch bars and a new sample pack.
    We've made a short video to present some of these new features:

Download update: http://bit.ly/bleassdownload

What do you think of this new update?

What I think about the new update is I bought it. :)

• @bleassapp love the demo video! 😀

• Internationally cheesy video. I'm in.

• @Littlewoodg thank you so much for changing the thread's title!

And thank you all for your kind feedbacks! we shall keep on bringing new updates, and making super cheesy videos in the future!

• @bleassapp said:
    @Littlewoodg thank you so much for changing the thread's title!

And thank you all for your kind feedbacks! we shall keep on bringing new updates, and making super cheesy videos in the future!

I'm sure I/we will have lots of questions, but I'll do the tutorial first :)

• Someone should point the Propellerhead peeps over here so they can see a proper "compact" music app, with asked for features as updates, and not just a synth with a stolen UI and updates to add preset IAPs.

• Well - I guess it’s time to take another look. Devs responses here certainly warrant it!

• Well done, devs. So what exactly does the one-time purchase give you? What kind of connectivity is there?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Well done, devs. So what exactly does the one-time purchase give you? What kind of connectivity is there?

Link, IAA, appears also as AB3 audio source, AB3 midi in and out

• @Littlewoodg said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Well done, devs. So what exactly does the one-time purchase give you? What kind of connectivity is there?

Thumbs up.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Thumbs up.

Haven’t tested the AB set up but I’m seeing it appears there

• @ExAsperis99 said:

N00b here (subtext for: Don't done ask me nuffink else cos I don't know nuffink), but had it recording loops into AUM happily enough.... think I'm going to enjoy blundering about in this, BUT would like those 4 lanes to be at least 8...

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

N00b here (subtext for: Don't done ask me nuffink else cos I don't know nuffink), but had it recording loops into AUM happily enough.... think I'm going to enjoy blundering about in this, BUT would like those 4 lanes to be at least 8...

It is kinda cool that each lane can play more than one instrument. Some happy accidents to be had there.

After using this for a bit I’m finding lots of cool things it does that may not be so obvious. One that I really like is the Drive parameter. Just fooling with the bit depth and sample quality settings made me smile!

• @anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

It is kinda cool that each lane can play more than one instrument. Some happy accidents to be had there.

After using this for a bit I’m finding lots of cool things it does that may not be so obvious. One that I really like is the Drive parameter. Just fooling with the bit depth and sample quality settings made me smile!

You are utterly right because I didn't even realize each lane can play more than one instrument. Must go look!

• @bleassapp said:
    @Littlewoodg thank you so much for changing the thread's title!

Don't know if I need it or not, but at $13.99 for a full unlock, I'm in!

• @db909 said:
    Get in here @robosardine. This thing has full
    blown note replace recording coupled with midi in and out. I’ve just been recording into it from Soundprism just endlessly replacing and morphing the phrases. Lots of fun, bit buggy though Shame about subscription but I dunno, it might be worth it for me

Thanks for that- attention now diverted. I have been waiting for Aphelian which is due soon and will likely be my next addition. Haven’t been too taken yet on this one though will have a closer look now you mention the note replacement aspect 👍

• I’d subscribe to a demo video series if they are all going to be like that ...