Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Bleass is live, landscape, and one price for full unlock

Comments

• @Liquidmantis said:

@CRAKROX said:
    Looks really interesting but I won’t engage with any subscription based app.

Bleassapp said: single app purchase (full unlock for 13,99$ !)

I think that and the landscape mode shows they're listening and worth consideration.

Fair do’s I think i’ll be treating myself to a copy of this and kudos to the developer for listening to his target market, they deserve credit for it on top of making a very interesting app.

• @db909 said:
    Get in here @robosardine. This thing has full
    blown note replace recording coupled with midi in and out. I’ve just been recording into it from Soundprism just endlessly replacing and morphing the phrases. Lots of fun, bit buggy though Shame about subscription but I dunno, it might be worth it for me

@db909 and @robosardine , This is a great feature similar to iKaossilator. I have been looking for this feature in other apps too and it has also been added to the recent version of Beatwave. Recording on the new keyboard replaces pervious notes!

• @bri77 said:

@db909 said:
    blown note replace recording coupled with midi in and out. I’ve just been recording into it from Soundprism just endlessly replacing and morphing the phrases. Lots of fun, bit buggy though Shame about subscription but I dunno, it might be worth it for me

@db909 and @robosardine , This is a great feature similar to iKaossilator. I have been looking for this feature in other apps too and it has also been added to the recent version of Beatwave. Recording on the new keyboard replaces pervious notes!

*Oops, meant replaces "previous" notes!

• edited November 2018

Picked this up yesterday it's a pretty fun little app glad I got it.

• @hacked_to_pieces said:
    Picked this up yesterday it a pretty fun little app glad I got it.

Glad you shared. I'm not finding it complicated but I AM finding it puzzling :) There's certainly more there than I first thought....

• edited November 2018

@bri77 said:

@bri77 said:

@db909 said:

Are you sure about that? Have you tried it without any of the rhythm patterns? I ask because I didn’t notice it at all when I was playing around with the first new version, unless this is even newer

Edit: yeah I just tried it, doesn’t seem to work. Also visually if you record a long note it doesn’t show up as being long.

• @db909 said:

@bri77 said:

@bri77 said:

@db909 said:

Are you sure about that? Have you tried it without any of the rhythm patterns? I ask because I didn’t notice it at all when I was playing around with the first new version, unless this is even newer

Edit: yeah I just tried it, doesn’t seem to work. Also visually if you record a long note it doesn’t show up as being long.

Which one(s) are you meaning it doesn’t work on?

• edited November 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

Glad you shared. I'm not finding it complicated but I AM finding it puzzling :) There's certainly more there than I first thought....

What’s puzzling you? I decided to buy because I like this kind of simple yet capable app.

• @anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

What’s puzzling you? I decided to buy because I like this kind of simple yet capable app.

I think, in essence, it MAY be the largely monochromatic nature of the thing. I seem to be taking a while to get muscle memory of where to go for what and I KEEP thinking 'there must be another screen or two I'm missing, just around the next corner...' Usual user rubbishness :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

I think, in essence, it MAY be the largely monochromatic nature of the thing. I seem to be taking a while to get muscle memory of where to go for what and I KEEP thinking 'there must be another screen or two I'm missing, just around the next corner...' Usual user rubbishness :)

There may well be another screen or two there! Long press everything!

• Bleass also works on an iPad 2 running iOS 9 and is one of the most usable GUIs for an iPhone.

• @anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

Heard your exhortations exactly like this:

• @InfoCheck said:
    Bleass also works on an iPad 2 running iOS 9 and is one of the most usable GUIs for an iPhone.

Has anyone been using this on an iPhone SE?

I’d be interested to know how it compares with Elastic Drums and Triq Traq for real world useability on a tiny screen. Are we in Figure territory?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Well done, devs. So what exactly does the one-time purchase give you? What kind of connectivity is there?

N00b here (subtext for: Don't done ask me nuffink else cos I don't know nuffink), but had it recording loops into AUM happily enough.... think I'm going to enjoy blundering about in this, BUT would like those 4 lanes to be at least 8...

It is kinda cool that each lane can play more than one instrument. Some happy accidents to be had there.

After using this for a bit I’m finding lots of cool things it does that may not be so obvious. One that I really like is the Drive parameter. Just fooling with the bit depth and sample quality settings made me smile!

You are utterly right because I didn't even realize each lane can play more than one instrument. Must go look!

Lanes? Are you saying rows or columns?

Are you saying that each box in each row can have different sounds because if your saying that multiple boxes can play in each row, I can’t see that.

• edited November 2018

@Breezee said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Well done, devs. So what exactly does the one-time purchase give you? What kind of connectivity is there?

N00b here (subtext for: Don't done ask me nuffink else cos I don't know nuffink), but had it recording loops into AUM happily enough.... think I'm going to enjoy blundering about in this, BUT would like those 4 lanes to be at least 8...

It is kinda cool that each lane can play more than one instrument. Some happy accidents to be had there.

After using this for a bit I’m finding lots of cool things it does that may not be so obvious. One that I really like is the Drive parameter. Just fooling with the bit depth and sample quality settings made me smile!

You are utterly right because I didn't even realize each lane can play more than one instrument. Must go look!

Are you saying that each box in each row can have different sounds because if your saying that multiple boxes can play in each row, I can’t see that.

Each box in the arranger can have a different instrument, actually a set of different instruments, because the lanes in the synth sequencer can have a different synth for each step...up to 9 different presets or patches of your own
    But you’re right, only one box in the arrangement view in each row (landscape) or column (portrait) can play at once

• @Littlewoodg said:

@Breezee said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

Each box in the arranger can have a different instrument, actually a set of different instruments, because the lanes in the synth sequencer can have a different synth for each step...up to 9 different presets or patches of your own
    But you’re right, only one box in the arrangement view in each row (landscape) or column (portrait) can play at once

That is some wild and funky stuff. Interested to see what a true creative could actually do with that possibility....

• Thank you all for the good vibes! Thanks to @JohnnyGoodyear for the meme, it made us laugh so much! (yet it's also an interesting feedback....)
    Regarding all the questions you may have regarding specific features, please feel free to write us at feedback[at]bleass.com , we'll be happy to help you out.

We've also a community forum in our website that you guys could help us grow : we would thus be able to build a F.A.Q. and tutorial according to your needs : https://www.bleass.com/community/ : feel free to log in !

Finally, following your nice comments on the latest video, we've made a new one (which is more about having a good laugh than showing a tutorial although it shows yet another way of making music...)

be sure to susbscribe to our Youtube channel for more vids!!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@anickt said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@hacked_to_pieces said:

Heard your exhortations exactly like this:

:D

• As regards export on this one....any ideas on how to? I see on the Load/Save page there's an 'Export' button, but that seems to be project only. Any way to export/copy tracks or songs for pasting elsewhere? Yes, I know you can run it through AUM or AB, but was just wondering if there was a handy loop export? Any clues?

• edited January 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    As regards export on this one....any ideas on how to? I see on the Load/Save page there's an 'Export' button, but that seems to be project only. Any way to export/copy tracks or songs for pasting elsewhere? Yes, I know you can run it through AUM or AB, but was just wondering if there was a handy loop export? Any clues?

All I got here is recording the track-performance via IAA or AB3

Your post is a prompt for me to reach out to devs about stem export...

Edit: Oops!
    If you change mode to “Recorder” you can record performance, and export via open in...

Ima still write the dudes about stem export.

• @Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    As regards export on this one....any ideas on how to? I see on the Load/Save page there's an 'Export' button, but that seems to be project only. Any way to export/copy tracks or songs for pasting elsewhere? Yes, I know you can run it through AUM or AB, but was just wondering if there was a handy loop export? Any clues?

If you change mode to “Recorder” you can record performance, and export via open in...

Thank you muchly and a halfway house, but it is such a beatbox it would benefit greatly from being able to copy and paste etc so ten bonus points for giving the nice developers a gentle nudge...

• @bleassapp said:
    Thank you all for the good vibes! Thanks to @JohnnyGoodyear for the meme, it made us laugh so much! (yet it's also an interesting feedback....)
    Regarding all the questions you may have regarding specific features, please feel free to write us at feedback[at]bleass.com , we'll be happy to help you out.

We've also a community forum in our website that you guys could help us grow : we would thus be able to build a F.A.Q. and tutorial according to your needs : https://www.bleass.com/community/ : feel free to log in !

Finally, following your nice comments on the latest video, we've made a new one (which is more about having a good laugh than showing a tutorial although it shows yet another way of making music...)

be sure to susbscribe to our Youtube channel for more vids!!

Did enjoy the video!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Thank you muchly and a halfway house, but it is such a beatbox it would benefit greatly from being able to copy and paste etc so ten bonus points for giving the nice developers a gentle nudge...

hi Johnny

could you please tell us more about the copy paste feature you would like?
    We have already a copy paste feature for patterns, but maybe you are hoping for another feature ?

• @bleassapp said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

hi Johnny

We have already a copy paste feature for patterns, but maybe you are hoping for another feature ?

As mentioned elsewhere, it's the ability to export perfect patterns by copying/saving them to the clipboard/files/Audioshare etc. Thanks for asking :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@bleassapp said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

hi Johnny

As mentioned elsewhere, it's the ability to export perfect patterns by copying/saving them to the clipboard/files/Audioshare etc. Thanks for asking :)

Indeed you can export a live audio of your music through "config" menu and then enabling RECORDER MODE on "ON" mode. After you click on stop, you can choose where to save your .wave file.
    if you wish to make "perfect" loops, the recorder built in AUM works very well along with ableton link enabled.

Audioshare/Audiocopy has not been implemented in BLEASS at the moment.

Still, we are thinking of a feature that would enable seperated stems automatic export....
    Stay tuned!

• edited January 2019

@Liquidmantis said:

@pauly said:

@db909 said:
    I like what I see, subscription aside. I’ll probably try it for a month see how it goes. Definitely like the simplistic look of it

I don't really have any experience with Appstore subscriptions, but I know that other subscription sellers are notorious for being easy to sign on to, and damn near impossible to cancel. Does anybody know how easy it is to 'hop on and hop off' subscriptions in the Appstore?

It’s easy enough once you suss out the labyrinthine route to get to the management area.

Settings -> Apple ID/iCloud profile link at the top -> iTunes and App Store -> Apple ID link at the top -> View Apple ID -> Subscriptions.

Obvious, right?

On this subject... the whole of apples settings layout is a redundancy filled, arbitrary, circuitous, logically inconsistent mess. They cannot for the life of them design anything involving menus. And they just keep adding new pockets and conflicting approaches on top of each other.

The exact same thing has happened to iOS and windows over the years in opposite ways IMO. In trying to imitate each other both companies have created Frankenstein systems. Apple’s rigidness and controlling design means they fail miserably at allowing people basic computing functionality and organisation and windows feels like a broken touchscreen os taped onto a proper one.

• Good to see they are still developing it.

• is it possible to use samples in Bleass for the synth tracks?

• @kobamoto said:
    is it possible to use samples in Bleass for the synth tracks?

Hello,

No, you can't use samples for sound synthesis.
    but you can full use any sample, import your own samples or record them in the DRUM MACHINE sequencer of BLEASS

the synthesizers (monosynth and chords) are full virtual analog sound synthesis engines.

• edited March 2019

@bleassapp would really like to import Stereo Samples.
    Also
    1.Choke Groups
    2.Pad Mutes/Solo
    3.Pan
    4.Every Groovebox needs a metronome & at least a 1bar count in
    5.Export Stereo Wavefile . Stems too
    Really like the app but add those above functions and can use more.