Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why i deleted gadget forever

Comments

• @mindscaper no ill intent. Your fervor and certainty reminded me of the scene in Apocalyse Now and thus the painting. Perhaps I was being too obscure; a common enough criticism.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Perhaps I was being too obscure;

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @mindscaper no ill intent. Your fervor and certainty reminded me of the scene in Apocalyse Now and thus the painting. Perhaps I was being too obscure; a common enough criticism.

Ok apologies

I’m just a grumpy English man from the old school

• @mindscaper said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @mindscaper no ill intent. Your fervor and certainty reminded me of the scene in Apocalyse Now and thus the painting. Perhaps I was being too obscure; a common enough criticism.

Ok apologies

I’m just a grumpy English man from the old school

I imagine we went to precisely the same school and were both 15 year olds when The Times printed their opinion that "Lord George-Brown drunk is a better man than the Prime Minister sober," which may or may not have been true unlike that business concerning the Archbishop of Lima. Sadly.

• The nice thing about deleting Gadget forever is that you can always download it again when/if the mood strikes you.

• @kinkujin said:
    The nice thing about deleting Gadget forever is that you can always download it again when/if the mood strikes you.

Yes that is the beauty of apps, you always have them even when you don’t have them lol

But my device is grateful to have gained 1.5gb storage back

• @richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

I’m sharing my music and I’ve noticed you like to post strange and sarcastic stuff on my threads

Requesting you nicely to desist from doing so

If you cannot be bothered to press play and comment or offer some kind of intelligent discussing then you know where the door is 🙏🏻

Harsh.

And the post that provoked this reaction was just a bit of very gentle humour. A lot of over-inflated egos in the forum these days.

Two wrongs don’t make a right dude

I apologised to @JohnnyGoodyear

No inflated ego my end mate, I just misunderstood him

I’m new here, but I see a lot of things I don’t like but I keep my mouth shut so as not to start a flame war 🙏🏻

• In that case, would you mind awfully if I deposited this here?

• Have to be honest here

I’m new to this forum and I just posted my own thoughts and experience in this thread, they are only my own and I do not expect or require anyone to follow suit

What I did not expect was weird comments and quotes and such

I also thought perhaps more comments on the demo would be forthcoming but instead the thread gets derailed

I’m not feeling it, nor am I feeling so welcome

I’m serious about my craft and just like sharing that’s all

If this is a problem or causes problems then I’ll exit no problem 😂😂

• @u0421793 said:
    In that case, would you mind awfully if I deposited this here?

You are on my thread, did u even listen to my track or are you here to derail or relish/ cause politics dude?

• edited October 2018

@mindscaper said:

@u0421793 said:

You are on my thread, did u even listen to my track or are you here to derail or relish/ cause politics dude?

Yo. I don't think anyone actually meant any ill intent towards you. The forum is just a bit quirky sometimes. You get used to it eventually :)

The tracks pretty decent but just wasn't exactly my cup of tea due to me preferring tracks leaning more towards melodic stuff. That being said I look forward to more from you :)

• @mindscaper I wouldn’t take it personal and/or serious. These old guys love shitposting when they can. Happens to all of us 😆. I liked the track and as I hope I mentioned earlier and I too am getting a lot out of this app. It reminds me a lot of the Animoog sound, wave tables and all, and I always wished I could sequence multiple Animoogs with midi for simultaneous tweaking, and I feel like I’m getting that experience here.

• @mindscaper said:
    Have to be honest here

I’m new to this forum and I just posted my own thoughts and experience in this thread, they are only my own and I do not expect or require anyone to follow suit

What I did not expect was weird comments and quotes and such

I also thought perhaps more comments on the demo would be forthcoming but instead the thread gets derailed

I’m not feeling it, nor am I feeling so welcome

I’m serious about my craft and just like sharing that’s all

If this is a problem or causes problems then I’ll exit no problem 😂😂

One thing... the title of this thread is kinda click-bait, isn't it? It really has nothing to do with Gadget, but it's going to invite Gadget users to see what's up. That's a nice beat, but how is it a demonstration of Gadget's obsolescence? I get it, you no longer need it because Electribe Wave covers things for you. Having looked at KEW briefly, I'm not seeing why there's even a comparison to Gadget other than they're both made by Korg. Maybe that could have been better explained, or just post the track and show the love for KEW. Otherwise, expect the thread to attract more noise.

• edited October 2018

@mindscaper this is one of the friendliest forums on the internet. Stick around and enjoy.

I liked your tune. Keep them coming.

• @gusgranite said:
    @mindscaper this is one of the friendliest forums on the internet. Stick around and enjoy.

He's right :)

• @mindscaper : Why didn’t you like GR16?

• @Samu said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

Wavetable position has no meaning with a PCM wave, a PCM wave is 2 dimensional, there is no table so no need for position. The bug would be that the knob is enabled when using PCM.

Start position? :D If you wanted a sharper attack on the PCM sample that would do the job.

Yeah or old-school jungle if/when we get to import our own samples :D
    (Or 'fake glitch/granular time stretch' by spreading the 'start values'(0-100%) across all steps).

I get that...but the button you are talking about is the wavetable start position not the sample start position, that is why it has no effect on a PCM sample.

• @AndyPlankton said:

I get that...but the button you are talking about is the wavetable start position not the sample start position, that is why it has no effect on a PCM sample.

Yes, but the other 'knobs' in the UI that are 'not used' are 'dimmed out'.

So for example when one selects a PCM wave the 'Position Knob' is dimmed out but the EG Int knob is still 'on' even though it has no effect.

Same is true when one selects one of the Mod Types. Knobs not in use also get dimmed out. (For example when selecting 'Reflect'). And the Knob Labels change depending on effect.

I do still keep my hopes up that we'll be able to import user samples and 'abuse' the position knob at some point :)

• @Samu said:

@AndyPlankton said:

Yes, but the other 'knobs' in the UI that are 'not used' are 'dimmed out'.

So for example when one selects a PCM wave the 'Position Knob' is dimmed out but the EG Int knob is still 'on' even though it has no effect.

Same is true when one selects one of the Mod Types. Knobs not in use also get dimmed out. (For example when selecting 'Reflect'). And the Knob Labels change depending on effect.

I do still keep my hopes up that we'll be able to import user samples and 'abuse' the position knob at some point :)

Sample import would be awesome, and being able to adjust/modulate the start and end of those would be neat too agreed. (Although the clicking may come back with this :D )

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@mindscaper said:

@u0421793 said:

Yo. I don't think anyone actually meant any ill intent towards you. The forum is just a bit quirky sometimes. You get used to it eventually :)

The tracks pretty decent but just wasn't exactly my cup of tea due to me preferring tracks leaning more towards melodic stuff. That being said I look forward to more from you :)

Thank u

• @gusgranite said:

I’ll try

I don’t really do forums or social media

I came on here to learn and also share my discoveries and creations

My feeling is that iOS holds the keys right now for the future of music production

• @Telstar5 said:
    @mindscaper : Why didn’t you like GR16?

I didn’t feel at home with it and it absolutely sucks on iPhone lol

I didn’t really like poison 202 but I grabbed both to try them

Doesn’t matter cause it’s not as if they were expensive

I just like the feel of KEW, gr16 simply didn’t fit me lol

• @mindscaper said:

My feeling is that iOS holds the keys right now for the future of music production

Personally I agree. I keep mulling over over ways to add to it, but I just love the instant on and ready to rock and roll (not literally).

I’m more a BM3 fan, but keep having fun with KEW :)

• edited October 2018

I'm not a Gadget user and I admit falling into the click-trap. The 'not for the faint of heart' made me pull the trigger...
    Well, expectations, weren't met - in several ways.
    No shock effects - which is actually cool.
    No wavetable specific sounds - this can be done on any sample/synth drum based groove sequencer.
    The mix is almost irritating with it's deep pumping kick but all other parts quite flat, no accents anywhere. Might serve as a backing for another couple of instruments mixed in live, though.
    It's pretty demanding to mix on the fly in such a closed environment, but of course you could solo out parts to process them in one of the multitrackers around.

That's jmh impression - if the tool fits your workflow all is fine.

• @mindscaper said:

@gusgranite said:

I’ll try

I don’t really do forums or social media

I came on here to learn and also share my discoveries and creations

I've been on different forums for many years and when I read something I don't like or don't agree with, how I handle it depends on what's the message inside:
    If it's personal criticism or offence, I just ignore it.
    If it's something technically wrong and I believe to know better then I try to explain it without personally offending.
    If it's an opinion I don't share, then I'm happy that there are other people using their minds!
    Forums would be bland without them.

• @mindscaper said:
    If you cannot be bothered to press play and comment or offer some kind of intelligent discussing then you know where the door is 🙏🏻

And that's how sensitive and entitled some people are these days. There's a box of tissues around here somewhere...

• Most creation posts are ignored, i ignore most as well
    Even though i upload my own just because i usually read the forum when i’m not able to listen to stuff. If i can listen i will usually be on youtube. In my opinion any chatter (even inoffensive jokes) on a creation thread is good since it simply keeps the thread on the first page and will get more possible listens.
    If you don’t want anything other than critical listening don’t title the thread as clickbait-conversation starters, just post your link and ask for feedback. Also, as a general rule, when joining any “club” i see if i can assimilate, or if i don’t care for the vibe i’ll leave without making a fuss. For what it’s worth...if you think the regular forumites on this forum are nasty don’t even try others because this is a super nice and helpful forum, i’ve visited daily for 2-3 years even if i don’t write everytime.

• As a former music writer/critic, I have come to subscribe to the Robert Christgau school of criticism: It's not worth writing about music you don't like. When someone posts something here that I do like, I will give full-throated support. @vpich, for instance, and @echoopera make sounds that are right up my alley, and that alley is probably in a zip code I wish I lived in. This doesn't mean that music I don't like isn't valid: It's more, Who cares what I think?

To be fair to @mindscaper, maybe it's not immediately obvious that this forum is unlike others. The teasing comes from a baseline generosity about music here. We have our flare-ups — and I have contributed to a statistically alarming number of them, I bet. But really, no one meant to insult you. That said, be cool to others.

• @Sonicflux said:

@mindscaper said:

And that's how sensitive and entitled some people are these days. There's a box of tissues around here somewhere...

You need the tissues more than me mate judging by the muscles on your right wrist 😂😂😂😂

• @mindscaper said:

@Sonicflux said:

@mindscaper said:

You need the tissues more than me mate judging by the muscles on your right wrist 😂😂😂😂

Geez. This isn't that kind of forum. Move along.

This discussion has been closed.