Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why i deleted gadget forever

Comments

• edited October 2018

Once Korg adds import of user samples/wave-tables to KEW and fixes to what apparently is a bug (ie. being able to change the start of the sample playback, I mean the position knob is movable when PCM wave is selected but nothing happens?!).

And bring sample tweaking on par with at least the basics from the Volca Sample I might be tempted but nah, I still love Gadget enough to keep it in my iPad :)

• I’m the opposite - I’ve not bought KEW as I already have Gadget and that does what I need (although I wouldn’t say no to a wavetable gadget...).

• Nice idea, and certainly focuses the mind. I couldn’t do it though, I like lots of things.

• Always good to see when someone has found his own perfect way of music making!
    I wish I was that "easy going" and just shut up and be satisfied with what KEW offers B)

I feel much more at home in GR-16 and Gadget, can't live without my own samples and playing around with my own wavetables and synth programs.

• @pedro said:
    @mindscaper and I forgot to mention your track sounds dope

Thank you

What apps do u use

• @pedro said:
    @mindscaper and I forgot to mention your track sounds dope

Thank you

What apps do u use> @PhilW said:

I’m the opposite - I’ve not bought KEW as I already have Gadget and that does what I need (although I wouldn’t say no to a wavetable gadget...).

The synth is astonishing

• @rs2000 said:
    Always good to see when someone has found his own perfect way of music making!
    I wish I was that "easy going" and just shut up and be satisfied with what KEW offers B)

I feel much more at home in GR-16 and Gadget, can't live without my own samples and playing around with my own wavetables and synth programs.

Thank you

That’s all my op is about

I found the tool that’s right for me

• @mindscaper said:

What apps do u use

Lately I’ve been playing with a combo of Xequence/Rozeta + AUM/apematrix + audiobus and sequencing synths (mostly model 15/D and Zeeon)

I’m also exploring the possibilities of FAC Envolver in this setup but my air2 struggles a bit if I push it.

I’m not making full tracks, mostly preparing sample accurate material (using link) for future tracks I’ll then be sequencing in cubasis.

I find this setup to be great fun, though, and a fresh approach to making music in iOS, without expecting a full DAW environment which I find I can’t really get on the ipad, at least for EDM which is what I do

• @mindscaper said:

Hi

I’m sharing my music and I’ve noticed you like to post strange and sarcastic stuff on my threads

Requesting you nicely to desist from doing so

If you cannot be bothered to press play and comment or offer some kind of intelligent discussing then you know where the door is 🙏🏻

Harsh.

• I could probably delete much of my apps and just use BM3 and a couple of synths :D

Gadget has already gone though as my Air2 doesn’t like the heat lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I could probably delete much of my apps and just use BM3 and a couple of synths :D

I'm nearing my 'App Trinity'(ie. Cubasis, BM3 & Gadget with all IAPs) in no priority order :)

• i enjoy electribe wave for a good jam but it does not feed my creative urges in the way that a proper AUM session does. its hard to produce anything outside of dance music with this kit.

• @Samu said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I could probably delete much of my apps and just use BM3 and a couple of synths :D

I'm nearing my 'App Trinity'(ie. Cubasis, BM3 & Gadget with all IAPs) in no priority order :)

Yeah I would miss Cubasis. I still use it do some stuff and send it to BM3 - same with Twin2 in AP. I suppose BM3 / Cubasis / Auria Pro would be my ‘App Trinity’ :)

• @Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

I’m sharing my music and I’ve noticed you like to post strange and sarcastic stuff on my threads

If you cannot be bothered to press play and comment or offer some kind of intelligent discussing then you know where the door is 🙏🏻

Harsh.

And the post that provoked this reaction was just a bit of very gentle humour. A lot of over-inflated egos in the forum these days.

• @richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

Harsh.

And the post that provoked this reaction was just a bit of very gentle humour. A lot of over-inflated egos in the forum these days.

Might be just misunderstanding a type of humour. I thought ‘what the fuck is this weirdo on about’ regarding @JohnnyGoodyear when I first came on here. Soon got to know he was alright geezer though. I bet some people feel the same about me at times - ‘O there goes that Bat comin’ Out with his usual drivel’ lol

• @richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

Harsh.

+1

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

Harsh.

Might be just misunderstanding a type of humour. I thought ‘what the fuck is this weirdo on about’ regarding @JohnnyGoodyear when I first came on here. Soon got to know he was alright geezer though. I bet some people feel the same about me at times - ‘O there goes that Bat comin’ Out with his usual drivel’ lol

I'll make allowances to anyone who doesn't get English humour, I guess :p

• @richardyot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

Harsh.

He posted a fairly well-known painting by contemporary artist Christopher Wool. I personally thought it made the thread more classy.

• @Samu said:
    I mean the position knob is movable when PCM wave is selected but nothing happens?!).

Wavetable position has no meaning with a PCM wave, a PCM wave is 2 dimensional, there is no table so no need for position. The bug would be that the knob is enabled when using PCM.

And bring sample tweaking on par with at least the basics from the Volca Sample I might be tempted but nah, I still love Gadget enough to keep it in my iPad

Bringing the Gadgets to KEW would sort that out ;)

• @mindscaper said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:
    I wonder if the op has even tried Gr-16 and stuffed it with serum wavetables.....

I tried gr 16 and to be honest I didn’t like it

You really need to dive deeper into it mate. It's a much more featured app than Kew. Specially because it supports nested folders now and things you'd expect out of elektron boxes like trig conditions. The dev just keeps adding features every patch. The wavetable synth alone expanded the flexibility of the app to a Ridiculous degree. You can get tons of serum wavetables online and use them directly inside Gr-16.

• @richardyot said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@richardyot said:

@Jocphone said:

@mindscaper said:

Hi

Harsh.

And not a fart joke in sight - must be southern English humour, I guess ;)

• I’m in the Gadget gang so it’s gadget for life homes
    Plus I’ve invested way too much into it just abandon it now
    Still find it one of the fastest ways to get sketches down on iOS

• I have to complete all the IAPs first.
    Then I will delete it for good.
    :D

• edited October 2018

I erased Gadget when they erased the erase button in favor of putting an existing function (scale display toggle) in a new location. I dunno how much juice they thought that would give the app, but it’s pretty dumb to remove an actual feature to make room for small cosmetic shit like that. Also, too many animations, inconsitencies between gadgets, etc. KEW is surprisingly without 90% of the Gadget fiddliness: good knobs, one synth interface, and CPU OPTIMIZED! I can have 8 synths with all kinds of automations going at once versus Gadget where it would start to crackle beyond four or five or whatever because it was always different depending on which gadget it was. One odyssei, 2 Lisbons maybe, but 5 wavestations ? All over the place.

• @mindscaper said:

Nah.. Johnny posts that everywhere. It's how he spreads love, I guess :lol:

• @Samu said:
    Once Korg adds import of user samples/wave-tables to KEW and fixes to what apparently is a bug (ie. being able to change the start of the sample playback, I mean the position knob is movable when PCM wave is selected but nothing happens?!).

And bring sample tweaking on par with at least the basics from the Volca Sample I might be tempted but nah, I still love Gadget enough to keep it in my iPad :)

One can only hope that KEW was a test flight for UI enhancements in Gadget, for example the drum step sequencer and lord pads. Basically > @AndyPlankton said:

@Samu said:
    I mean the position knob is movable when PCM wave is selected but nothing happens?!).

Wavetable position has no meaning with a PCM wave, a PCM wave is 2 dimensional, there is no table so no need for position. The bug would be that the knob is enabled when using PCM.

Start position? :D If you wanted a sharper attack on the PCM sample that would do the job.

• @CracklePot said:
    I have to complete all the IAPs first.

That's the spirit!

• @LucidMusicInc said:

Start position? :D If you wanted a sharper attack on the PCM sample that would do the job.

Yeah or old-school jungle if/when we get to import our own samples :D
    (Or 'fake glitch/granular time stretch' by spreading the 'start values'(0-100%) across all steps).

• @mindscaper I'm pretty certain you've mistaken @JohnnyGoodyear 's tone: his history on this forum reveals a supportive and kind spirit. Perhaps wit can't translate all forum-ers / languages / cultures but JGY is a genuinely positive force here.

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    I’m in the Gadget gang so it’s gadget for life homes
    Plus I’ve invested way too much into it just abandon it now
    Still find it one of the fastest ways to get sketches down on iOS

Just joined the gang after getting kew and I'm not upset about that at all! They play as friends and hope they gadgetize kew, but if I had to delete one of them right now... It would be.....kew cuz... It's just not really a synth and that's what I like to play... So gadget gang for life as well

@CracklePot said:
    I have to complete all the IAPs first.

I'm considering this, it's the only way to revoke my lifetime membership 😂

This discussion has been closed.