Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why i deleted gadget forever

124»

Comments

• @mindscaper said:

@Sonicflux said:

@mindscaper said:
    If you cannot be bothered to press play and comment or offer some kind of intelligent discussing then you know where the door is 🙏🏻

And that's how sensitive and entitled some people are these days. There's a box of tissues around here somewhere...

You need the tissues more than me mate judging by the muscles on your right wrist 😂😂😂😂

Man, if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

• @lovadamusic said:

@mindscaper said:
    Have to be honest here

I’m new to this forum and I just posted my own thoughts and experience in this thread, they are only my own and I do not expect or require anyone to follow suit

What I did not expect was weird comments and quotes and such

I also thought perhaps more comments on the demo would be forthcoming but instead the thread gets derailed

I’m not feeling it, nor am I feeling so welcome

I’m serious about my craft and just like sharing that’s all

If this is a problem or causes problems then I’ll exit no problem 😂😂

One thing... the title of this thread is kinda click-bait, isn't it? It really has nothing to do with Gadget, but it's going to invite Gadget users to see what's up. That's a nice beat, but how is it a demonstration of Gadget's obsolescence? I get it, you no longer need it because Electribe Wave covers things for you. Having looked at KEW briefly, I'm not seeing why there's even a comparison to Gadget other than they're both made by Korg. Maybe that could have been better explained, or just post the track and show the love for KEW. Otherwise, expect the thread to attract more noise.

He'> @ExAsperis99 said:

@mindscaper said:

@Sonicflux said:

@mindscaper said:
    If you cannot be bothered to press play and comment or offer some kind of intelligent discussing then you know where the door is 🙏🏻

And that's how sensitive and entitled some people are these days. There's a box of tissues around here somewhere...

You need the tissues more than me mate judging by the muscles on your right wrist 😂😂😂😂

Man, if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Im actually more curious as to how deep he can dig that hole.....

• This thread is getting dangerously close to forcing me to invoke Kanye west name 5 times; and you know what happens after that...

• @kobamoto said:
    This thread is getting dangerously close to forcing me to invoke Kanye west name 5 times; and you know what happens after that...

S_nV_x..?

• @Jocphone said:

@kobamoto said:
    This thread is getting dangerously close to forcing me to invoke Kanye west name 5 times; and you know what happens after that...

S_nV_x..?

we should only be so lucky my friend

• Come on people

I merely posted a very personal glimpse into what my own experience is with this iOS game

I’m happy ok?

I spent years using apps like gadget and nano studio cause I’m into apps that don’t need routing and can produce a final result expediently and efficiently

Why? Cause I release music other than the demos I’ve shared on YouTube

In other words my core interest is in the final results

And that is what my post was about

At the time of writing, this post has had 2.7k views

That’s quite a lot of visits

The YouTube demo I shared has had 16 views

Do the math lol

People are enjoying the fun of controversy and bickering and not the music or for the most part even encouraging me with my chosen path with all this

The stats tell me that people here for the most part are not into the final results that these amazing apps can produce at the fraction of the price of desktop

And what’s more , you can have these all on your iPhone and take them everywhere

For me that is amazing

Just think of how incredible it is to be able to have a complete studio in your pocket😃

So I’m sharing my own enthusiasm and conviction here

Instead of appreciating, some of you have been outright rude to be honest

I don’t know any of you and none of you know me, and we certainly don’t know who the hell visits here and sees things that reflect badly on us all

Let me be clear, I’m a professional producer and use another name and I guess you could say that I’m reasonably well known in the edm scene

I love iOS apps and pretty much don’t use things like logic anymore cause I’m an outdoors person and I found that having my iPhone was a lot better than the MacBook while out

I quickly found that the workflow suited me and I found a way to produce complete tracks for release

That’s all

Take the piss all you want, start other threads that sound like mine ( as some twat has done)

I just deleted gadget cause I’m happier with KEW and will likely use it with NS2 when the bloody app comes out lol

Ok?

Go find another thread to ruin please

One that is worthy of being messed with

Peace

• @mindscaper said:
    Come on people

I merely posted a very personal glimpse into what my own experience is with this iOS game

I’m happy ok?

I spent years using apps like gadget and nano studio cause I’m into apps that don’t need routing and can produce a final result expediently and efficiently

Do the math lol

People are enjoying the fun of controversy and bickering and not the music or for the most part even encouraging me with my chosen path with all this

The stats tell me that people here for the most part are not into the final results that these amazing apps can produce at the fraction of the price of desktop

And what’s more , you can have these all on your iPhone and take them everywhere

For me that is amazing

Just think of how incredible it is to be able to have a complete studio in your pocket😃

I don’t know any of you and none of you know me, and we certainly don’t know who the hell visits here and sees things that reflect badly on us all

Let me be clear, I’m a professional producer and use another name and I guess you could say that I’m reasonably well known in the edm scene

I love iOS apps and pretty much don’t use things like logic anymore cause I’m an outdoors person and I found that having my iPhone was a lot better than the MacBook while out

I quickly found that the workflow suited me and I found a way to produce complete tracks for release

That’s all

Take the piss all you want, start other threads that sound like mine ( as some twat has done)

I just deleted gadget cause I’m happier with KEW and will likely use it with NS2 when the bloody app comes out lol

Ok?

Peace

I’m definitely 100% with you on the using focused apps that can produce a good final result expediently and efficiently. Cheers to that!

• Please define ruin. I'm very tempted now to post my honest feedback on your work. If it's not strictly praise, is that going to be seen as messing with your thread, or constructive input?

• @db909 said:

@mindscaper said:
    Come on people

I’m happy ok?

Do the math lol

For me that is amazing

That’s all

Ok?

Peace

I’m definitely 100% with you on the using focused apps that can produce a good final result expediently and efficiently. Cheers to that!

🙏🏻

• @wim said:
    Please define ruin. I'm very tempted now to post my honest feedback on your work. If it's not strictly praise, is that going to be seen as messing with your thread, or constructive input?

Go for it!

There are other demos on my channel too

Trash them if u like 😂😂

Bear in mind that they are demos...

Also, please share a link to your own music so I can return the favour 🙏🏻

• Thanks, but I'm not interested in your feedback. Have decided not to give mine either. Actually, bowing out of the thread. Too many and ill defined "rules".

Buh bye.

• @wim said:
    Thanks, but I'm not interested in your feedback. Have decided not to give mine either. Actually, bowing out of the thread. Too many and ill defined "rules".

Buh bye.

Lol

You wanted to feedback on my music but are not willing to get feedback on yours??

This forum is supposed to be a community

There is even the song of the month club here

I’m all about honest feedback but bear in mind that it should be intelligent and informed

Likely you don’t like techno cause you do rock and maybe that means you are biased? Who knows

We all have opinions and tastes which means that our feedback may not actually be valid at times

I tried to accommodate you buddy and extended myself in return

You declined

Peace

• I listened to the track, I thought it sounded decent, but it’s not my musical preference so my opinion wouldn’t count at all anyways. I thought it was a bit short, but you said it was a demo. The bass didn’t translate into my subpac...so maybe get your lows going a bit more?

I think wavetable are super good for moving sounds in the mid to high frequencies, but so far I’m just not feeling KEW or for that matter NAVE in the bass region much...it’s either too rumble, full of low end artifacts, or thinner than I like.

If your having great fun with KEW, I say use it like crazy! Everybody does music differently for the most part, and I believe this is interesting and keeps me interested in discovering new music and ways of making new music. The forum is mostly useful IMHO, I wouldn’t give up on it.

Have a great evening and keep banging em out!

• @mindscaper said:
    And all other music apps apart from AudioShare and grand finale

Electribe Wave that’s why

This app is SERIOUS

I simply cannot praise the synth enough

Now I’m getting used to the way it sequences and automates I’m so happy

I’m not bothered wether NS2 turns up or not- this will do for me😃

Warning- the track clip is not for the faint hearted 😂😂

Nice work. That’s some proper techno there. Electribe Wave was designed very well for it.

• @Rich303 said:

@mindscaper said:
    And all other music apps apart from AudioShare and grand finale

Electribe Wave that’s why

This app is SERIOUS

I simply cannot praise the synth enough

Now I’m getting used to the way it sequences and automates I’m so happy

I’m not bothered wether NS2 turns up or not- this will do for me😃

Warning- the track clip is not for the faint hearted 😂😂

Nice work. That’s some proper techno there. Electribe Wave was designed very well for it.

Thank you mate

I hope you don’t mind but I think the readers might benefit from the pm you sent me as it contains some truths

• I don't get the hostility to those responding to your thread. I mean from the getgo, you were clearly intending this to be incendiary.

You boast about deleting an app that many here use and love, and then act surprised when you get a reaction.

If it's not your thing, then don't use it. The tools are not mutually exclusive. I own both and personally don't find either of them particularly very useful for my own music, but somehow never felt the need to publicly announce the deletion of any app.

Imagine if you will.. a painter who threw out all the tools in their studio because they discovered gouache.. during this honeymoon, tosses all other art supplies in the bin.. Then goes on an forum for painters, posts a fairly entry level painting, and shouts to the world "Hey y'all, look what you can do with gouache! just chucked out all my other art supplies!"

I for one would not be impressed.

• @palm said:
    I don't get the hostility to those responding to your thread. I mean from the getgo, you were clearly intending this to be incendiary.

You boast about deleting an app that many here use and love, and then act surprised when you get a reaction.

If it's not your thing, then don't use it. The tools are not mutually exclusive. I own both and personally don't find either of them particularly very useful for my own music, but somehow never felt the need to publicly announce the deletion of any app.

Imagine if you will.. a painter who threw out all the tools in their studio because they discovered gouache.. during this honeymoon, tosses all other art supplies in the bin.. Then goes on an forum for painters, posts a fairly entry level painting, and shouts to the world "Hey y'all, look what you can do with gouache! just chucked out all my other art supplies!"

I used and loved gadget, and all things korg for years

Personally speaking I see KEW as more suited for a more powerful kind of edm, something that I don’t hear on this forum

For the most part, people here are into experimenting with routing apps together or doing experiments and that’s great.

For me, this is not a hobby or experiment

I got A LOT out of gadget and my money was well spent on some iap but korg gave me a promo code for gadget actually

The last few gadgets were a bit of a letdown for me and I decided to just wait till NS2 comes out and focus on that

But when KEW went universal I got it and realised I didn’t have to wait for NS2 and I merely shared my experience and methodology

I have not dissed, minimised gadget in any way, nor am I pushing others to jump ship to KEW

I am sorry if my op was misunderstood but this is the truth

But ultimately my example proves one thing, that for the most part, iOS apps can be disposable or transitory

Peace

• I like the vibe (the track not the thread :D) as others have already said it seems like backing, ready for other stuff on top, vocal samples, and/or lead synth, some build ups and breakdowns....would be interested in hearing the whole track !

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I like the vibe (the track not the thread :D) as others have already said it seems like backing, ready for other stuff on top, vocal samples, and/or lead synth, some build ups and breakdowns....would be interested in hearing the whole track !

I’m the master of backing! :D

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    I like the vibe (the track not the thread :D) as others have already said it seems like backing, ready for other stuff on top, vocal samples, and/or lead synth, some build ups and breakdowns....would be interested in hearing the whole track !

I’m the master of backing! :D

Gamblers Anonymous may be able to help you with that ! :D

• edited October 2018

@mindscaper said:

@palm said:
    I don't get the hostility to those responding to your thread. I mean from the getgo, you were clearly intending this to be incendiary.

I used and loved gadget, and all things korg for years

Personally speaking I see KEW as more suited for a more powerful kind of edm, something that I don’t hear on this forum

For the most part, people here are into experimenting with routing apps together or doing experiments and that’s great.

For me, this is not a hobby or experiment

I got A LOT out of gadget and my money was well spent on some iap but korg gave me a promo code for gadget actually

The last few gadgets were a bit of a letdown for me and I decided to just wait till NS2 comes out and focus on that

But when KEW went universal I got it and realised I didn’t have to wait for NS2 and I merely shared my experience and methodology

I have not dissed, minimised gadget in any way, nor am I pushing others to jump ship to KEW

I am sorry if my op was misunderstood but this is the truth

But ultimately my example proves one thing, that for the most part, iOS apps can be disposable or transitory

Peace

cool, ok got it. thanks for clarifying.

I agree, apps that were the next big thing now sit unused or get removed.
    Occasionally something groundbreaking crops up (a few my breads and butters: Zeeon, Patterning, AUM, all of Apesoft's offerings.. groundbreakers: Spacecraft and hopefully soon Drambo).
    I bought my first ipad several years ago just to use SAMPLR, and now it hardly gets used due to poor midi sync, and the fact that Auv3 is clearly where all the fun is these days (imo). I can simply do so much more in AUM.

Personally, as much as I love the sound of Korg's ios apps, they just don't fit fit well into the workflow and their closed systems are a huge turnoff. I'll occasionally use them as IAA's in AUM, but find myself wanting more from them. Different strokes..

another note - please keep in mind that the forum is frequented by people from all over the globe, making music in a pretty wide array of genres, niches, and styles. And as you've noticed... differing senses of humor as well.
    Curious lurkers, hobbyists, dabblers, experimentalists, and professionals, (or professional experimentalist - in my own case) are all welcome to post here. But don't expect your audience to conform to your desires, or dictate what others post on your thread. That's just not how this works.

peace

• edited October 2018

@mindscaper, I listened to your track when first posted. Then I followed the thread. Fascinating and typical Audiob.us approach. Either you like it or you don't. So, IMAFO, either you accept that people like some cheese with the whines they hear or you try SeriousEDMforumNoHumorAllowed.Com.

So I felt your track deserved another listen. Then I noticed you said "warning: not for the faint hearted." Then I listened. Again. Frankly, it was the same mediocre track I heard the first time.
    Sorry, just my honest opinion. Take a listen to what @bedheadproducer produced in Gadget his first time around.
    Warning: not for those who think a lot of themselves.

Really, if you just had a little broader horizon about human behavior you would not have brought this down on yourself. Plus I think you dig it or you simply would go elsewhere.

And you seem to have a well honed sense of repartee. Perhaps you are no stranger to this type of fracas. Your little tune got a lot of listening thanks to those whose humor and incisiveness makes this a popular place for guests to have a little fun from the generally humorless world we live in. And you remark that most here are hobbyists who just route together apps and experiment. How many posts have you listened to here, my intense, and humorless droog? If you had listened you could never make such a remark since the majority easily surpass this epiphany you posted.

You can search out my creative posts. I, for one, would appreciate your insights into what I do as an experimental hobbyist of fifty years. And though I am not a "professional producer" such as yourself, I, too, have deleted Gadget. I just didn't invite three thousand people to watch me not be able to take a little good hearted joke.

That being said I am sure this will just seem like a bad dream in the morning, which it was, for a lot of us.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @mindscaper, I listened to your track when first posted. Then I followed the thread. Fascinating and typical Audiob.us approach. Either you like it or you don't. So, IMAFO, either you accept that people like some cheese with the whines they hear or you try SeriousEDMforumNoHumorAllowed.Com.

So I felt your track deserved another listen. Then I noticed you said "warning: not for the faint hearted." Then I listened. Again. Frankly, it was the same mediocre track I heard the first time.
    Sorry, just my honest opinion. Take a listen to what @bedheadproducer produced in Gadget his first time around.

Really, if you just had a little broader horizon about human behavior you would not have brought this down on yourself. Plus I think you dig it or you simply would go elsewhere.

And you seem to have a well honed sense of repartee. Perhaps you are no stranger to this type of fracas. Your little tune got a lot of listening thanks to those whose humor and incisiveness makes this a popular place for guests to have a little fun from the generally humorless world we live in. And you remark that most here are hobbyists who just route together apps and experiment. How many posts have you listened to here, my intense, and humorless droog? If you had listened you could never make such a remark since the majority easily surpass this epiphany you posted.

You can search out my creative posts. I, for one, would appreciate your insights into what I do as an experimental hobbyist of fifty years. And though I am not a "professional producer" such as yourself, I, too, have deleted Gadget. I just didn't invite three thousand people to watch me not be able to take a little good hearted joke.

That being said I am sure this will just seem like a bad dream in the morning, which it was, for a lot of us.

Wow

Thanks for the long feedback and critique

Ok sorry to have wasted your valuable time when you could have been doing something more productive 😔

Thanks also for telling me about your music ( you should work in jazz bars or something), and bed heads music is ok, not my thing but it is very well done

Again, I’m not anti gadget, I guess I was hasty in posting about my own enthusiastic transition and maybe my lack of judgement got me some negative attention from people who simply don’t resonate with my vibe

You are clearly a musician who plays instruments and I don’t understand that kind of approach as it’s not my domain and id not expect you to understand real underground dance music either

So best we leave it at that yes? And not waste any time conversing about something we cannot resolve

For the record, I’m not pissed off, just disappointed that on this forum there are very few who appreciate or even understand the dynamics and impact of underground dance

And this is a shame cause for the most part ( and especially the korg apps) are made for exactly that type of music.

I’m also glad that many have found joy in using them for their own unique purposes

That’s great😃

Sorry to piss on your parade mate but your message just further clarified what I feel about the current state of iOS music

It has far more potential than most could imagine, it’s just a damn shame that my original post was misunderstood and bastardised by twats like you

I wouldn’t say anything like what you did to me on any of your posts cause we are in two totally different arenas

It would not be my place

Having said that, maybe this forum is not an arena for me

I could be discouraged by the negative feedback and attitudes and leave ( which means I’ve allowed myself to be bullied, like many have been before)

Or

I could just say: fuck your, I don’t care if you like my vibe or my music and just post my stuff anyway and not fall for the age old trick of flame Wars started by people who leads dissatisfied lives and have nothing better to do than wind people up 😂😂

I think the latter is the wiser choice because I have self worth and feel in my own strange way that I have something small to contribute here

I’m sure that over time I’ll figure out who is who and know how to deal with each individual according to their level / style of reciprocation

Peace

• @mindscaper said:

@LinearLineman said:

Wow

Thanks for the long feedback and critique

Ok sorry to have wasted your valuable time when you could have been doing something more productive 😔

Thanks also for telling me about your music ( you should work in jazz bars or something), and bed heads music is ok, not my thing but it is very well done

Again, I’m not anti gadget, I guess I was hasty in posting about my own enthusiastic transition and maybe my lack of judgement got me some negative attention from people who simply don’t resonate with my vibe

You are clearly a musician who plays instruments and I don’t understand that kind of approach as it’s not my domain and id not expect you to understand real underground dance music either

So best we leave it at that yes? And not waste any time conversing about something we cannot resolve

For the record, I’m not pissed off, just disappointed that on this forum there are very few who appreciate or even understand the dynamics and impact of underground dance

And this is a shame cause for the most part ( and especially the korg apps) are made for exactly that type of music.

I’m also glad that many have found joy in using them for their own unique purposes

That’s great😃

Sorry to piss on your parade mate but your message just further clarified what I feel about the current state of iOS music

It has far more potential than most could imagine, it’s just a damn shame that my original post was misunderstood and bastardised by twats like you

I wouldn’t say anything like what you did to me on any of your posts cause we are in two totally different arenas

It would not be my place

Having said that, maybe this forum is not an arena for me

I could be discouraged by the negative feedback and attitudes and leave ( which means I’ve allowed myself to be bullied, like many have been before)

Or

I could just say: fuck your, I don’t care if you like my vibe or my music and just post my stuff anyway and not fall for the age old trick of flame Wars started by people who leads dissatisfied lives and have nothing better to do than wind people up 😂😂

I think the latter is the wiser choice because I have self worth and feel in my own strange way that I have something small to contribute here

I’m sure that over time I’ll figure out who is who and know how to deal with each individual according to their level / style of reciprocation

Peace

I wish you a speedy recovery from adolescence.

• Well, now we see your true colors at last, @mindscaper. It is not that you can't take a joke... you are the joke. That you think your genre of music is beyond the understanding of folks here demonstrates the depth of your pathetic thinking. And I am not in any arena. Strange you use such a gladiatorial term for such a so called "peaceful" and downright loving and loveable individual as yourself. Notice I don't have to call you a twat to insult you.
    You might want to up your game. People are pretty intelligent here and you seem to insult them more with every post you make... I am sure it is unintentional, you are such a good guy.

As far as jazz bars, if you can call the BlueNote and Birdland in NYC "jazz bars" then you are correct. Oops, I forgot who I am talking to.... yes, I have played in jazz bars. Did you listen to my two symphonies, done totally on iOS? I guess us lowly guys just don't understand the true potential of the platform.

What was I thinking to criticize you, mindwaster? I have obviously met my match. Good, better, best, bested!

• Oh, yeah. I forgot...Peace

• That's quite enough of that! Remember there's an actual person there on the other side of the screen; you wouldn't talk like that face to face with someone, no need to do so in text. The reason we love this community is because it's supportive and friendly; please don't break it!

This discussion has been closed.