Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

THE BEST PART OF APPLE WWDC/KEYNOTE EVENTS IS...

Comments

• @Tarekith said:
    My favorite part is doing a shot everytime they say “magical”.

You are doing that too? 👊🏼😂
    we call it take a sip with every superlative 😮

• I’m interested in what their plans are for the iMac, since my Windows desktop pc is 9 years old, and I can’t face Windows 10.

Can’t really afford an iMac at present, but if it gets an upgrade then I’ll start saving.

I was on windows 7 every single day for like 10 years. Bought new machine and HATED windows 10 for around a week....But I don’t even notice it now. Feels like basically the same OS when I switch between machines now...

I was a long time Win7 holdout, but as I have to get a better machine every few years for work I had to go to Win10.
    Thing that kept me sane was installing ClassicShell - gets rid of all the tile crap and looks just like win7.
    I will say, IMHO, win10 has been very very stable.

• @Max23 said:

@Tarekith said:

& "amazing", "awesome", "revolutionary", "*** enter positive buzzword here"

I do miss the 'Booom!' that Steve Jobs used to use...
    But yeah, those keynotes are perfect for playing buzz-word-bingo!

It will be interesting to hear the 'courageous excuse' for the missing 3.5mm jack on the new iPads especially if they are not 'water proof' and IP-Seomthing certified :D

• edited September 2018

@Samu said:

It will be interesting to hear the 'courageous excuse' for the missing 3.5mm jack on the new iPads especially if they are not 'water proof' and IP-Seomthing certified :D

The experience of dropping your iPad in the toilet and pulling it out with no water damage will be magical.
    "Just towel it dry and keep swiping and wiping."

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m looking forward to this one, as Apple keep failing to give me that final reason to update my Air2. One day they will mess it all up and bring out something I just have to buy again. I still think the Air2 was the best price / performance

I would just like something/anything musicky.....

• @Samu said:

"Have you actually surfed, while you surf? With the new iPad Pro, now you can. With the brightest iPad screen ever, water enthusiasts will be able to enjoy browsing the web up to 1m depth"

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I’m looking forward to this one, as Apple keep failing to give me that final reason to update my Air2. One day they will mess it all up and bring out something I just have to buy again. I still think the Air2 was the best price / performance

I would just like something/anything musicky.....

I’m overloaded with “musicky” stuff - my new found love for Twin 2 is keeping me more than happy :)

• edited September 2018

Change is a request for anger... There will be changes:

Headphones - most people think wired headphones are more trouble than they are worth. Many iPads/iPhones get pulled off tables due to headphone cables and crack the glass. SOLUTION: Wireless headphones. Most users have them so this change doesn't faze them in the least. That little hole allows water into your phone and voids the warranty. SOLUTION: Close the hole and the iphone can survive a short dip in the toilet and maybe even get rinsed out (recommended). DO NOT PUT A WET iPhone IN RICE. Use purified water to rinse off any salts. It's the short circuits that kill chips and pure water does not conduct electricity. But most water ain't pure (i.e. toilets).

Now for someone with $500 headphones this is frustrating but my Korg (Lightning connected) PlugKey with the headphone volume knob gets used more than the iPad headphone jack because I don't carry my iPad around and the Plugkey has a charging port too and real 1/4" audio outs that run to powered speakers so changing to USB-C means I'll need a new audio out approach. PS - The audio from the PlugKey is louder and carries less digital crosstalk from the CPU than that headphone jack.

A small USB-C or Lightning Audio Adapter will be available if wireless latency is not your thing. But cables can be challenging so it's a choice you make and you get tradeoffs. Velcro patches can help give "dongles" extra strength and strain relief.

I'm sure a great music system will be possible with the new iPads no matter what is changed and the anger about iPad differences will become "before/after" factions and some will keep with the older hardware to protect their investment in headphones but some will just re-engineer those headphones into an audio interface suitable for their use case.

Change is inevitable:
    to maintain vendor revenues
    to add new features made available through technical advances
    to give user forums a reason to organize and support each other
    to create "heat"

Get ready for the change agent to be added to the mix in:

1 hour and 22 minutes now

• edited September 2018

@Arpseechord said:
    Is when our expectations hit the iFan

You say it, the Russians deliver!

Sleep Fan Free by Volodymyr Avdyeyev
    https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sleep-fan-free/id698279885?mt=8

• @Max23 said:

@Tarekith said:

Freakin güt

• @supadom said:

@Arpseechord said:

Looks like a cool app...a sleeping aid( not what the masses need right now))
    😁

• @Samu said:

@Max23 said:

@Tarekith said:

I do miss the 'Booom!' that Steve Jobs used to use...
    But yeah, those keynotes are perfect for playing buzz-word-bingo!

I miss the "One more thing" from Jobs. The presentation with Tim Cook are always boring and never suprising. We all know by now what is presented today. People go for the latest and greatest but maybe I buy a iPhone SE 128gb tomorrow can be loaded with samples :)

• ^ agreed. the "best part" is the reduced price for used and refurbished.

• @mannix said:
    People go for the latest and greatest but maybe I buy a iPhone SE 128gb tomorrow can be loaded with samples :)

The 128GB iPhone SE has struck me too but they are no where to be found anymore.
    The 64GB iPhone 8 has dropped in price quite nicely...

• @mannix said:

@dendy said:
    I'm dreaming about iPad MINI with latest CPU, but sadly that's gona never happen :-( iPad mini was best model in terms of size for me :-(

Metoo

The mini is very portable and right size for iPad apps. But for Apple it's cannibalizing the larger phone models, as wel is the large iPad models. btw Apple came up with the Mini after feeling the presure of this small format Android pads. Also the interst of this Android devices is fading.

I had an iPad 2 before. When I bought the iPad mini 1 when it came out, it got the MOST use - it went wherever I went - grocery store, movie theater, mall, you name it. After I got an Air 2 and mini 32 bit got slower on iOS 8, mini went into my trunk and Air 2 doesn't go everywhere as much as the mini did.

I love mini - it's a Small Wonder! It is perfect for kids, women and everyone. But Apple stopped updating it with the latest specs on par with other iPads and just kept it as an item for markets in Asia (India, China, space-constrained Japan, Philippines, etc) where a majority of the users own a mini.

Apple could introduce an iPad mini Pro and still sell a ton of them - without lifting a finger!!

• @Arpseechord said:

@supadom said:

@Arpseechord said:

😁

You’re not saying that Volodymyr Avdyeyev is Putin’s art name, are ya? :)

• @mrufino1 said:
    My favorite part is when it is over so they can do being treated as if they're giving us something. They're introducing new products for people to buy. I know that I use my Mac, iphone, and iPad air every day for work on the music and non music sides of life. But the company makes me angry and their direction is going in a way of making toys. Problem is, Android is a mess, I have a few android tablets for live sound to control my behringer x32 because mixing station is much better than the behringer app, but those tablets are anything but smooth to use. I use only that app, so I don't care, but it could never be my main tablet.

The piece of news I want to hear about after the hype show, however, is confirmation that ios12 is supposed to put an emphasis on making older devices (like my iPad air) not crawl anymore- ios11 really stopped the air from working well. I can't wrap my head around the fact that the air could suddenly be useless when I have a macbook pro that is older and still runs great. However, on a macbook pro now you couldn't add ram, or a larger or faster ssd, which my 2012 can. I guess if that dies I'm either going to have to get used to windows again or make Linux work for music again, neither of which I really want to do.

Oh well, typing this on my 6s which is still running great and will be used until it does so I have that neat little headphone jack.

Apple needs to rush to crush the market with newer innovations in the mobile device arena which is a new category and make competitors scramble every year. Otherwise, copycats would eat Apple's lunch! This results in drastic changes/updates that would slow down older mobile devices. There are hardly any innovations in the desktop/laptop category even by competitors.

• @Samu said:

@mannix said:
    People go for the latest and greatest but maybe I buy a iPhone SE 128gb tomorrow can be loaded with samples :)

The 128GB iPhone SE has struck me too but they are no where to be found anymore.
    The 64GB iPhone 8 has dropped in price quite nicely...

Curious if the iPhone 8 will stay in the iPhone line up after today. And if so how much Apple will ask for it. Get the impression Apple wants everybody start using the new X models.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

iOS 12 is said to be a clean-up version that focuses on optimizations and performance improvements. Let's hope it brings back some lost performance so we could update our devices that got slowed down from iOS 11.

• @MobileMusic said:

@mannix said:

@dendy said:
    I'm dreaming about iPad MINI with latest CPU, but sadly that's gona never happen :-( iPad mini was best model in terms of size for me :-(

Metoo

The mini is very portable and right size for iPad apps. But for Apple it's cannibalizing the larger phone models, as wel is the large iPad models. btw Apple came up with the Mini after feeling the presure of this small format Android pads. Also the interst of this Android devices is fading.

I had an iPad 2 before. When I bought the iPad mini 1 when it came out, it got the MOST use - it went wherever I went - grocery store, movie theater, mall, you name it. After I got an Air 2 and mini 32 bit got slower on iOS 8, mini went into my trunk and Air 2 doesn't go everywhere as much as the mini did.

I love mini - it's a Small Wonder! It is perfect for kids, women and everyone. But Apple stopped updating it with the latest specs on par with other iPads and just kept it as an item for markets in Asia (India, China, space-constrained Japan, Philippines, etc) where a majority of the users own a mini.

Apple could introduce an iPad mini Pro and still sell a ton of them - without lifting a finger!!

Agree, But Tim Cook wants to sell more phones because they just make more profit.

• edited September 2018

More issues reported to Apple recently:

8/12/2018 - 43207132 - Bigger battery on iPad Pros
    Please add a bigger battery on iPad Pros that would give at least 20-25 hours of battery on a charge. This would help pro users that create content such as musicians outdoors, on-the-go, etc. Also, please make the bigger battery as a fast-charging one. Thanks!

Apple's response: For issues pertaining to product design, please contact http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Sent the above feedback to Apple, as well.

7/26/2018 - 42639159 - GarageBand iOS - Keyboard Pitch mode missing for Audio Units
    When we add a Audio Unit to a track inside GB on iOS, the Keyboard Pitch mode is missing. This mode is available for some built-in instruments but not external AU instruments. Please provide this Keyboard Pitch mode for AUs so we could play EXPRESSIVELY using GB's keyboard. For instance, we can play Vibrato EXPRESSIVELY in iFretless Bass app using sounds from another apps' instruments. GB's pitch mode would enable us to play with Vibrato using other apps' instrument sounds.

Appple's response:
    We have determined that this is an issue for you to resolve.
    You need to set the AudioUnit property supportsMPE to YES and implement MDI polyphonic expression (MPE).
    Please let us know whether the issue is resolved for you by updating your bug report.

• edited September 2018

so it is at 12.09, 12/9.
    I'm glad they will be bigging up this format. For me it's the best ipad by far for creation. Fingers crossed it'll be even more pro from now on..... :)

ah, it's on at 10am, well they missed a trick there ;)

• @mannix said:

@MobileMusic said:

@mannix said:

@dendy said:

Metoo

Agree, But Tim Cook wants to sell more phones because they just make more profit.

iPhone is Apple’s cash cow. A majority of their revenue is from iPhone.

• edited September 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@mannix said:

@MobileMusic said:

@mannix said:

@dendy said:

Metoo

iPhone is Apple’s cash cow. A majority of their revenue is from iPhone.

Indeed. That's why all their other stuff is super overpriced. They don't give a damn. If consumers are ready to sell an arm to buy a macbook pro, they are all the happier.

• @supadom said:

@Arpseechord said:

@supadom said:

@Arpseechord said:

😁

You’re not saying that Volodymyr Avdyeyev is Putin’s art name, are ya? :)

One of his earliest drawings

• @Samu
    Agreed. Change is inevitable and the only constant especially in technology. It is so easy to modify a software anytime than a hardware that was already shipped.

However, heard that Sound quality degrades by the time it reaches Bluetooth speakers wirelessly. Apple could keep the headphone jack as an option and it will not break anything other than their bank from not selling enough AirPods. There is no need to remove it in order to use Bluetooth speakers.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:

Wonder when/If we’ll ever be able to sample output from phone to iPad via Bluetooth.....

Technically that should work if the iPhone could be both client & server.

Airplay works from iPhone to AppleTV but not the other way around.
    I do suspect we'd need a jailbreak to 'hijack' the Airplay data though...

• this just in: apple will recycle your old iOS devices "for free" applause

haha. "the Giveback Program" These guys are masters of shmooze.

• edited September 2018

@Dawdles said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @Samu
    Agreed. Change is inevitable and the only constant especially in technology. It is so easy to modify a software anytime than a hardware that was already shipped.

However, heard that Sound quality degrades by the time it reaches Bluetooth speakers wirelessly. Apple could keep the headphone jack as an option and it will not break anything other than their bank from not selling enough AirPods. There is no need to remove it in order to use Bluetooth speakers.

Wonder when/If we’ll ever be able to sample output from phone to iPad via Bluetooth.....

Why not WiFi?
    Bluetooth doesn't offer the bandwidth for uncompressed CD quality stereo audio anyway.
    Just use Sidecar/Mini hosting an IAA synth on the sender and Audioshare or a DAW plus Apollo Sound Injector as the input on the receiver side. Works well over WiFi (with a bit of latency of course, but just record and move :smiley: )
    You know that both AUM and ApeMatrix can serve as IAA clients too, don't you?