Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly-Ripplemaker Morningjam - AUM Session Preset (Download)

_ki_ki
edited September 2018 in Creations

Needed/used AUs

• StreamByter AU, already loaded with „Distribute Poly To 6 Mono Channels“ script
  • 6 Ripplemaker AU, loaded with a modified version of „LEAD Chaos Within
  • Synthscaper AU with default sound
  • Rosetta XY for controling Ripplemaker
  • Rosetta XY for Mixer Control
  • Audiodamage FX Plugins: ADVerb2, Replicant, Dubstation 2

Download directly and choose Open in AUM.

Instructions

To archieve the setup from the screen shot

• Move to mixer display to „Ripplemaker CH6“ (or use AUMs „Jump to bookmark“ feature)
  • Unhide keyboard
  • Open XY „Mixer Control“ and move it to the right above the keyboard
  • Open XY „Ripplemaker Control“ and move it to left above the keyboard
  • Open Spacecraft and move/resize it to the top right
  • Open Ripplemaker on CH6 and it to top left

Dabble around :)

Comments

• @j_liljedahl It would be extra cool, if AUM would restore the window layout on session-load for 100% „total recall“ :)

The window sizes are already saved in the session preset, AUM just needs to store the xy positions and open/closed state...

• Hey man, thanks for sharing.
    Will try it later, as I have to do domestic stuff, as in "clean the house on saturday" :(
    Second time I read about ADs ADverb. Need to check this one out too I guess ;)

• @_ki said:

Needed/used AUs

• StreamByter AU, already loaded with „Distribute Poly To 6 Mono Channels“ script
    • 6 Ripplemaker AU, loaded with a modified version of „LEAD Chaos Within
    • Synthscaper AU with default sound
    • Rosetta XY for controling Ripplemaker
    • Rosetta XY for Mixer Control
    • Audiodamage FX Plugins: ADVerb2, Replicant, Dubstation 2

Download directly and choose Open in AUM.

Instructions

To archieve the setup from the screen shot

• Move to mixer display to „Ripplemaker CH6“ (or use AUMs „Jump to bookmark“ feature)
    • Unhide keyboard
    • Open XY „Mixer Control“ and move it to the right above the keyboard
    • Open XY „Ripplemaker Control“ and move it to left above the keyboard
    • Open Spacecraft and move/resize it to the top right
    • Open Ripplemaker on CH6 and it to top left

Dabble around :)

Looks impressive!

Any audio or vid of this?

There's a few apps I don't own there, but if I get to see/hear the results could be tempted to download them.

Cheers.

• @_ki said:
    @j_liljedahl It would be extra cool, if AUM would restore the window layout on session-load for 100% „total recall“ :)

The window sizes are already saved in the session preset, AUM just needs to store the xy positions and open/closed state...

Nice patch, thanks for sharing :)

Yeah would love to see that in AUM.
    ApeMatrix can recall window positions and states and also has a useful feature of double tapping to hide the open windows and then reveal them again, so would also be great to see some kind of similar shortcut in AUM, to show the mixer and then your window configurations again.

• The session should work, even if apps are missing, i think you get an ‚missing app icon‘ instead of the app. You can replace them by other plugins

• ADverb is just using the default setting with the ‚too hot input‘ turned down.
    • Dubstation2 uses a long dub ping-pong echo setting
    • Replicant glitches the Axon 2 output with random stutter FX
    • Axon 2 plays an eucledian rythm without feedback of nodes

Everything is quite generative, i just configured it this morning and played along.

I uploaded a small screencast of the AUM session. In the attached picture, you can see the AU FX presets settings.

• @_ki said:
    @j_liljedahl It would be extra cool, if AUM would restore the window layout on session-load for 100% „total recall“ :)

I'll consider it! Care must be taken to clip their positions if opened on a device with another screen size, etc.

• @Carnbot said:

@_ki said:

Nice patch, thanks for sharing :)

Yeah would love to see that in AUM.
    ApeMatrix can recall window positions and states and also has a useful feature of double tapping to hide the open windows and then reveal them again, so would also be great to see some kind of similar shortcut in AUM, to show the mixer and then your window configurations again.

Yeah, this is already on my TODO. Some way of hiding/showing all open AU windows.

• @_ki this looks interesting, did you post some audio from this setup?

State saving and presets will be in beta soon, probably by next weekend. I have XML *.SCpreset files which will work across platforms.

• @deltaVaudio I posted a link to a screencast in my previous post. Simple basic harmony, i had no keyboard with me, just dabbled around with AUMs keyboard a bit. Spacecraft adds some athmosphere at the beginning and ending, i mostly wanted to showcase polyphonic playing of ripplemaker. I should have used less reverb ;)

• @_ki said:

+10000