Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
StreamByter Script: Distribute polyphonic midi to N outgoing mono midi channels
i developped a script that distributes incomming polyphonic midi into N monophonic midi channels.
One use-case is to setup N instances of a monophonic synth using the same preset receiving on different midi channels from Stream Byter and play this set of mono-synth with a single polyphonic midi source.
Here i play 5 Ripplemaker mono synth as single polyphonic synth in AUM:
There is advanced logic for choosing the channel for new notes, including repetition on the same channel and note-hiding (temporary stealing) and unhiding in the opposite play order when releasing keys.
- Note repetiion tries to use the identical output channel for better sounding retrigger.
- Otherwise the script tries to use the channel that had the longest 'pause' so that the release phase of the previous played channel-note is not cut off.
Midi CCs, Aftertouch, Channelpressure and Pitchbend are send to all N channels. Polyphonic AT is changed into channel Aftertouch and send to the note’s channel.
I already did a lot of testing, but please report bugs or enhancements
- You find the quite lengthy source for StreamByter/StreamByter AU in the attached file or via the zip link.
Copy the content into StreamByter and save as preset : PolyToNMono
Alternatively install the AB3 session which is wrapping AUM containing StreamByter AU, 4 Ripplemaker AUs and a Rosetta XY AU for parameter and pitchbend manipulation: Four Ripplemaker Poly-Synth AB3 Preset After loading the session, open StreamByter AU and save the preset using AUMs preset manager.
Usage with 3 mono Ripplemaker in AUM
- Setup one StreamByter AU instance with PolyToNMono preset
- Configure I0F = 3 in the StreamByter source and press 'INSTALL'
- Open 3 imstances of Ripplemaker and in each load an identical preset
- Configure each synth to read midi from StreamByter AU on a single midi channel 1 to 3 using the channel filter
- Configure StreamByter AU to read from the keyboard
If you press a triad chord, three synth will be playing. If you hold the chord and add a single note,
the first pressed key is replaced by the new note. If you now remove the 4. finger, the 'hidden' note
is playing again with its initial velocity.