Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact from Propellerhead software

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:

@reasOne said:
    It isn't that bad guys 😂 come on ...a free synth with limitations.. That's what it is for now, and eventually if you wanna buy add-ons for it you can, or you can choose not too...
    But it is what it is right now, and could evolve into more over time..
    I don't know why the hate is so strong, and why everyone thinks every synth and developer should bow down and meet all your needs in every app they make, and should do it for free and on demand... It's just not rational lol.
    They gotta make money, and only invest time in it if there's an interest in the app... You can't expect them to drop the best thing ever over night and put a price tag on it that people might not wanna pay or want, so let em drop the free compact version and build on over time and don't expext a free app or one with iap to be as good as the desktop version they have been working hard on for years.
    I think it's pretty cool for what it is and can start to build ideas and layers to make songs

The nerve of you. Asking for Reason here? I dare you!!!

Haha ikr , we expect nothing but the best, right now, for free with no login 😂

• “Reason Compact”... Who in earth at Propellerhead thought of that title...... It’s NOT REASON.... at all!..... It’s a synth ( a nice one mind.) from Reason..... Why didn’t they just call it “ Europa Compact!”...... The Title of the app is wrong & misleading.... It will get updated to the proper requirements eventually, as it is a rushed Launch.... If they bring out a “ Kong Compact”... after, I could see where this is going... A La Novation GrooveBox, but instead of GrooveBoxes synths are all in one, Properhead will be individual.... Ore not?... Who knows?... Whatch this space, bit the Lainch of an excellent Synth from Reason( & Propellerhead know about, & have experience of iOS....Like it’s not ther first ventures into iOS, now is it).... Is rather a poor launch.... Maybe the Dev team from “Figure” & “ Rebirth” & “ Thor”, ect have move on?... Or will we see a mutation of Gadget? as Gadget is a closed DAW unit, may Reason will go in the opposite direction.... Bring out synth modules, the release a Squencer for the all there synth ( Reason they didn’t go AU?).... Just rantlessing speculating... Still I nice synth, once you can unlock it, & buy the packs.....

Just ignore me... It’s. Full Moon...lol... :D

• edited August 2018

I don’t know bout ya’ll, but I’ll certainly be politely and kindly pushing the devs to basically bring this up to the feature set of Groovebox, and also remedy the shortcomings of that app. If we can even just get there, but with automation recording, this will be gold. I just love love the chord and arpeggiator functions. They are very well done and will ultimately be the greatest strength of this app.

Once this has multiple tracks and such, it’s going to be ridiculously easy to get nice, full arrangements. Hell you’ll only have to lay down one or two original ideas. Then you can copy, paste, chordify, and arpeggiate and tweak the number of voices, etc and boom, super quick arranging

• @studs1966 said:
    “Reason Compact”... Who in earth at Propellerhead thought of that title...... It’s NOT REASON.... at all!..... It’s a synth ( a nice one mind.) from Reason..... Why didn’t they just call it “ Europa Compact!”...... The Title of the app is wrong & misleading.... It will get updated to the proper requirements eventually, as it is a rushed Launch.... If they bring out a “ Kong Compact”... after, I could see where this is going... A La Novation GrooveBox, but instead of GrooveBoxes synths are all in one, Properhead will be individual.... Ore not?... Who knows?... Whatch this space, bit the Lainch of an excellent Synth from Reason( & Propellerhead know about, & have experience of iOS....Like it’s not ther first ventures into iOS, now is it).... Is rather a poor launch.... Maybe the Dev team from “Figure” & “ Rebirth” & “ Thor”, ect have move on?... Or will we see a mutation of Gadget? as Gadget is a closed DAW unit, may Reason will go in the opposite direction.... Bring out synth modules, the release a Squencer for the all there synth ( Reason they didn’t go AU?).... Just rantlessing speculating... Still I nice synth, once you can unlock it, & buy the packs.....

Just ignore me... It’s. Full Moon...lol... :D

Sorry for the miss type, my daughter had sticky fingers, then wanted to use my iPad.... Sticky screen via “ Nanny’s Icecream spoils”.... :D

• So how do you get Reason Lite? Says it's free in the description, but no indication on how to get it. Plus the Europa synth shows as unavailable. Seems like maybe this release was let out the door too soon.

Not really liking the being signed in to the app either. Reeks of data collection. Not sure how long this app will last on my iPad.

• edited August 2018

Anybody who says they weren’t totally let down by this is lying...

This is what propellerheads think everyone wants? Really? Europa Figure without drums and only one track....omg gtfo.

Here’s what’s wrong right from the jump....
    1. They shoulda named the app...Figure:Europa
    2. What the hell...one track?
    3. The sequencer in this is actually worse than the gadget sequencer...top down sequencing...NO NO NO
    4. It has no midi...none...no controllers needed
    5. Iaa ...no auv3? Does anyone still think iaa is going to replace audio units?
    6. It has the shitty figure keyboard
    7. Why do I have to scroll thru so many damn screens to program a synth? It’s aweful.
    8. It’s only 60% of Europa and it already pops and cracks
    9. It has like 25 patches at best...but I am sure you can buy new ones since it is missing lots of the engine you won’t be importing your desktop Europa patches...this is stunningly not a great move.
    10. It’s hard to see...bad color choices
    11. Europa as an audio unit synth would have been far superior to this pile of steaming $#!+
    12. I had to login? For what? I don’t have to log in to use gadget...?

Propellerheads testing the iOS waters will never give me a “buy all the iaps this is going to have” attitude...I mean does anyone trust that this app is going to be Reason at all? What is there to test? Go ask Korg what gadget earns them...if this is a viable amount...port Reason since these two things are very comparable... and then don’t be so silly as to act like putting a full version of any reason instrument is a burden to iOS...we are running Auria pro and fabfilter plugs...there’s no more need to say...can it?

I’m really tired of companies acting as though the iPad is Somehow never going to replace the computer...even Apple makes commercials stating “what’s a computer”...because anything breathing with intelligence knows this is the endgame...laptops are all but dead. Mobile devices are getting insanely powerful...

I mean if propellerheads were going to copy iOS apps...why not gadget instead of groovebox?

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone...

Gonna erase this garbage off the iPad and give up on the dream of mobile reason. :(

• @e121 said:
    So how do you get Reason Lite? Says it's free in the description, but no indication on how to get it. Plus the Europa synth shows as unavailable. Seems like maybe this release was let out the door too soon.

Not really liking the being signed in to the app either. Reeks of data collection. Not sure how long this app will last on my iPad.

Download ReasonCompact, launch the app and login / create Propellerhead account, that starts the free app. It should also email you a notification to check your Propellerhead account products where you will find a link to download Reason Lite for free. It worked for me and is awesome - worth every penny but it’s free !!

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Anybody who says they weren’t totally let down by this is lying...

This is what propellerheads think everyone wants? Really? Europa Figure without drums and only one track....omg gtfo.

Here’s what’s wrong right from the jump....
    1. They shoulda named the app...Figure:Europa
    2. What the hell...one track?
    3. The sequencer in this is actually worse than the gadget sequencer...top down sequencing...NO NO NO
    4. It has no midi...none...no controllers needed
    5. Iaa ...no auv3? Does anyone still think iaa is going to replace audio units?
    6. It has the shitty figure keyboard
    7. Why do I have to scroll thru so many damn screens to program a synth? It’s aweful.
    8. It’s only 60% of Europa and it already pops and cracks
    9. It has like 25 patches at best...but I am sure you can buy new ones since it is missing lots of the engine you won’t be importing your desktop Europa patches...this is stunningly not a great move.
    10. It’s hard to see...bad color choices
    11. Europa as an audio unit synth would have been far superior to this pile of steaming $#!+
    12. I had to login? For what? I don’t have to log in to use gadget...?

Propellerheads testing the iOS waters will never give me a “buy all the iaps this is going to have” attitude...I mean does anyone trust that this app is going to be Reason at all? What is there to test? Go ask Korg what gadget earns them...if this is a viable amount...port Reason since these two things are very comparable... and then don’t be so silly as to act like putting a full version of any reason instrument is a burden to iOS...we are running Auria pro and fabfilter plugs...there’s no more need to say...can it?

I’m really tired of companies acting as though the iPad is Somehow never going to replace the computer...even Apple makes commercials stating “what’s a computer”...because anything breathing with intelligence knows this is the endgame...laptops are all but dead. Mobile devices are getting insanely powerful...

I mean if propellerheads were going to copy iOS apps...why not gadget instead of groovebox?

I feel like I’m in the twilight zone...

Gonna erase this garbage off the iPad and give up on the dream of mobile reason. :(

Apart from that it’s not too bad 🤗
    How about this for 13- It has no automation either.... 🤨

• Quietly decides to come back in a month and see what gives etc.....

• I’m not sure why everyone is hating on this lol. It’s definitely going to get more added later, they’ve even confirmed it. If they called it Reason Europa or Europa Compact now they’d need to change the name later... makes more sense to come out strong with Europa which is already cross platform and then add more like how Groovebox got Minimon etc etc.

I mean I dunno, just saying. Yeah in the current state it’s not super usable, but I can see the vision and if they execute accordingly it’s gonna be a pretty good piece of kit.

• @reasOne said:
    It isn't that bad guys 😂 come on ...a free synth with limitations.. That's what it is for now, and eventually if you wanna buy add-ons for it you can, or you can choose not too...
    I don't know why the hate is so strong, and why everyone thinks every synth and developer should bow down and meet all your needs in every app they make, and should do it for free and on demand... It's just not rational lol.
    They gotta make money, and only invest time in it if there's an interest in the app... You can't expect them to drop the best thing ever over night and put a price tag on it that people might not wanna pay or want, so let em drop the free compact version and build on over time and don't expext a free app or one with iap to be as good as the desktop version they have been working hard on for years.
    I think it's pretty cool for what it is and can start to build ideas and layers to make songs

Well how would you like it if someone chopped your arms and legs off and called you ‘Compact reasOne’? 😂😂

Just joking. The developer on FB seemed like a good guy and up for feedback. I know he’s keeping an eye on this thread. It’s the fact that we have been so excited about the full Reason coming to iOS that this has got such a strong reaction.

• As a big Reason fan from the old desktop times I was really excited to see what Props did on iOS. Unfortunately, I just loudly screamed "nooo!" when I realized what I am looking at - yet another "idea sketchpad" app that's actually yet another synth for iOS. If Propellerheads wanted to find the most saturated market on iOS music apps, then congratulations - this is it. Yes, the ability to comfortably export to desktop version of Reason may be a unique selling point for some, but I am on iOS because I want to avoid the desktop as much as possible, not to always think "if I was sitting in front of the computer, I would be able to do this and that..." I don't want another closed system that will always have some limits.. I want a decent host app with slick sequencer, mixer, sample management, banks and patterns saving and loading, sampler, maybe basic effects built in and most importantly - the ability to load 3rd party instruments and (midi) effects to get crazy with their combinations and never get bored. Reason for desktop has it all.. Just use your knowledge to make it happen on iOS please. I want to have a complete and flexible tool that ignites my creativity, not the one that generates nice, but generic and unoriginal sounds in an easy way. This is the exact opposite of creativity. I don't want to use such tools because I feel like I am walking on paths where many people were before.
    Please, if you make a proper music production station, something that BM3 would be without some of their bugs, very few missing features added and a with a less chaotic workflow, I am fully willing paying desktop price for such app. You are the company that has all the power to do that.

• @Trueyorky said:

@e121 said:
    So how do you get Reason Lite? Says it's free in the description, but no indication on how to get it. Plus the Europa synth shows as unavailable. Seems like maybe this release was let out the door too soon.

Download ReasonCompact, launch the app and login / create Propellerhead account, that starts the free app. It should also email you a notification to check your Propellerhead account products where you will find a link to download Reason Lite for free. It worked for me and is awesome - worth every penny but it’s free !!

Thanks, did not see the “Products” section in my account at first, but now it’s there.

And yeah, no doubt giving away Reason Lite is a very generous gift ftom Propellerhead. It’s basically the same as their intro version for $99 (a few minor differences I guess). Unfortunately I’ve got a 4K display and they haven’t updated for high resolution screens, still worth the download though.

• This is a gateway drug for their Desktop Product(s). Take a puff. Somehow I don't think we are the target market for this free App. They want to teach the next generation that they too can "make music" just like the rich guys on TV. How hard can it be?

@Trueyorky thanks for the tip on getting Reason Lite. I have forgotten how the big software players license their products and tie them to your user profile. Apple really does own us and the dev's, huh? But the prices are so good we won't leave.

• We want “Reasonasis” , not “Figure 2”

• So how is the FL studio on iOS doing these days, did they ever get those sampling features sorted out?

• Well Korg must be PISSED OFF TODAY!

• Why Gadget users might want to download this app:

You get a free version of Reason Lite, which can create Rex files, which can be used in Gadget with the Stockholm gadget. Here's a good video on how to create Rex files in Reason, I just tested it and it works great, very easy:

• @kobamoto said:
    So how is the FL studio on iOS doing these days, did they ever get those sampling features sorted out?

Very little progress last I checked. :|

• @e121 said:
    Why Gadget users might want to download this app:

You get a free version of Reason Lite, which can create Rex files, which can be used in Gadget with the Stockholm gadget. Here's a good video on how to create Rex files in Reason, I just tested it and it works great, very easy:

Should say, file structure appears to be a bit different, as this video is on version 7. The way I created the file and got it into Gadget is: Right click the audio clip and bounce to Rex, find the Rex file in the browser on the left under “Song Samples” and right click that file to export it, then from there you can get the file into Gadget.

I haven’t explored this at all, but I guess you can adjust the markers on the audio file before you bounce to Rex.

• @e121 said:

@e121 said:

Should say, file structure appears to be a bit different, as this video is on version 7. The way I created the file and got it into Gadget is: Right click the audio clip and bounce to Rex, find the Rex file in the browser on the left under “Song Samples” and right click that file to export it, then from there you can get the file into Gadget.

I haven’t explored this at all, but I guess you can adjust the markers on the audio file before you bounce to Rex.

Still forces us to be tied to the cpu. But it’s a free way to at least get Rex files so can’t be mad at that

• @stormywaterz said:

@e121 said:

@e121 said:

Still forces us to be tied to the cpu. But it’s a free way to at least get Rex files so can’t be mad at that

Free Rex file creator, plus free Reason instruments including the Thor synth. Who knows maybe they plan to one day add audio files and bounce to Rex to Reason Compact. Would make sense, with release of the Stockholm gadget. Reason Compact is kind of a sparse release at the moment.

• @gusgranite said:

@reasOne said:

Well how would you like it if someone chopped your arms and legs off and called you ‘Compact reasOne’? 😂😂

Just joking. The developer on FB seemed like a good guy and up for feedback. I know he’s keeping an eye on this thread. It’s the fact that we have been so excited about the full Reason coming to iOS that this has got such a strong reaction.

😂 I don't even need arms and legs tho for this app

• edited August 2018

Wait wait wait... there's a free version of Reason Lite included? What is Lite anyway? Like Reason Intro?

• @ph8aerror said:
    Wait wait wait... there's a free version of Reason Lite included? What is Lite anyway? Like Reason Intro?

It's basically Intro with fewer tracks and fewer sounds:

https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us/articles/360002750753-What-are-the-differences-between-Reason-10-Reason-10-Intro-and-Reason-10-Lite-

And yes, it's free!

• edited August 2018

• I think it's cool they dropped it how it is.... Not just showing us a video of what they are working on, but letting us play around as well..
    They coulda just dropped a video showing off the whole thing and left us wanting to play around with it.. But they didn't, they took the next step and gave it out free (for now)
    I feel like it'll be sweet as it grows and we got in from the intro.
    I am bitter we can't get rid of the demo screen and just have full access, even with an iap, but it's all good and sounds pretty good regardless

• @AudioGus said:

LMAO!!!
    Look I'm not one of those who bash apps and bitch about things that don't AUv3 or some shit, but... but...
    THIS GIF IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS DROP. LOL

• @e121 said:

And yes, it's free!

DOWNLOADED!!