Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact from Propellerhead software

Comments

• @Samu said:
    Hmm, and the 'export' function doesn't export 'useable' loops as they need to be trimmed first, WTF?!
    Needless to say apps like these really trigger my nerves in a very BAD way and make my BP go thru the roof...

So what if it's 'Free' so is GarageBand and it's way more fun to use :D

wow! I would've thought since Figure exported perfect loops, this would too. It's like they didn't learn anything from developing Figure and Thor...

• @icsleepers said:

@Korakios said:
    https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us/articles/360008599673-Why-are-there-no-drums-in-Reason-Compact

They plan adding drums and more stuff. If it’s true I really hope it’s the Kong module .
    For now I’ll just wait and watch ....

Good looking! This may be the answer I've been looking for... (like, holistically, workflow wise, etc bridging the gap and all that)

I hope that the Fredrik answering the questions on the above link isn't the same Fredrik from Auxy! The piano roll looks identical :o

• @bri77 said:

@icsleepers said:

@Korakios said:
    https://help.propellerheads.se/hc/en-us/articles/360008599673-Why-are-there-no-drums-in-Reason-Compact

They plan adding drums and more stuff. If it’s true I really hope it’s the Kong module .
    For now I’ll just wait and watch ....

Good looking! This may be the answer I've been looking for... (like, holistically, workflow wise, etc bridging the gap and all that)

I hope that the Fredrik answering the questions on the above link isn't the same Fredrik from Auxy! The piano roll looks identical :o

It can’t be. It’s missing all the good stuff from the Auxy piano roll, like long press to highlight and duplicate, etc

• @Halftone said:

@Samu said:
    Hmm, and the 'export' function doesn't export 'useable' loops as they need to be trimmed first, WTF?!
    Needless to say apps like these really trigger my nerves in a very BAD way and make my BP go thru the roof...

wow! I would've thought since Figure exported perfect loops, this would too. It's like they didn't learn anything from developing Figure and Thor...

Maybe it's a different 'team' or something?!

But Europa has the 'line value controller things' from Thor ;)
    Thor never 'clicked' with me in the way that Europa does, at least the 'full' version and not the 'crippled' one in Reason Compact...

Also regarding the bigger picture, Reason Compact will likely mark the end of Figure or at least 'overlap' at some point in the future :)

• @Korakios said:

@kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:
    Here’s a weird one. You can’t change the scale on the note grid if it is set to only one bar. You need to slide the whole thing up and down- so it has to be two bars or more to do this- then reset it to one bar. If you change it starting with more than one bar- the second bar won’t change until you do the slide.

I wouldn’t even touch the grid in this. It’s so easy to get something going without. The chord and arps are awesome and they affect already recorded stuff.

does it have midi out?

No midi :(

release the kraken

• I can’t even try it. I can’t remember my prop login, and the password reset email never gets sent.

• @Tarekith said:
    I can’t even try it. I can’t remember my prop login, and the password reset email never gets sent.

Use a different / any email address? (It doesn’t validate as far as I can see. Just let’s you in after that.)

• @Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Tarekith said:
    I can’t even try it. I can’t remember my prop login, and the password reset email never gets sent.

Use a different / any email address? (It doesn’t validate as far as I can see. Just let’s you in after that.)

I used an email to login but the iaps for sound packs or to unlock the entire synth engine is unavailable........

• @Halftone said:

@Samu said:

I actually prefer loops with their tails on. Otherwise you get abrupt cuts at the end. And it’s pretty easy to take into audioshare and crop to exact bars if required.

It’s nice to have the option of both though (eg Gadget)

• In terms of this release...

Well, on the upside it’s a new synth for iPhone, with a 4 bar piano roll built in. Guess that’s ok if it’s not too expensive to unlock it. Hope you can save your own presets, otherwise I’m not sure I’ll pwrsonallt

• Considering it's Propellerheads... I'll say that THIS IS NOT GOOD. It's not horrible, but it's definitely not good.
    And as someone said before, it's like Auxy and Groovebox had a baby. Why? I'm so confused by how 'not good' this is from Propellerheads.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Arpseechord said:

@Matt_Fletcher_2000 said:

@Tarekith said:

I used an email to login but the iaps for sound packs or to unlock the entire synth engine is unavailable........

They are not available for anyone at the moment...

• @Tarekith said:

Same here...

• You don't have to register to try it, you can skip it, top right.

@Tarekith said:

• I couldn’t get it to work at first until I clicked on the terms and conditions to show I had read it.

• @robosardine said:

@Arpseechord said:

@Tarekith said:

They are not available for anyone at the moment...

Ok thanks I don’t feel so alone now :)

• It's obvious that there is an iPhone version out there, but for the life of me, I can't find it in the app store on my phone. Has anyone using an iphone been successful in finding the download page for the app in the app store?

• @Audiojunkie said:
    It's obvious that there is an iPhone version out there, but for the life of me, I can't find it in the app store on my phone. Has anyone using an iphone been successful in finding the download page for the app in the app store?

It doesn’t show up in search. You gotta go to propellerheads website and use the link from there. Or the link from one of these threads

• @Audiojunkie Reason Compact - Make Music by Propellerhead Software AB - barf wait.

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-compact/download

Download link on their main page no dice?

• Funny thing is I can’t find it by searching. Had to get to it from the main propellerheads.se site

• @Carnbot said:
    You don't have to register to try it, you can skip it, top right.

@Tarekith said:

I don’t get any option to skip the login page. It’s looking for an email/password or Reason login. Nothing else.

• @anickt said:

@Carnbot said:
    You don't have to register to try it, you can skip it, top right.

@Tarekith said:

I don’t get any option to skip the login page. It’s looking for an email/password or Reason login. Nothing else.

Same here. And I forgot my PW so I am hosed! I hope the DEV is reading all of this and and taking notice. Hey Heads drop the sign requirement it’s a real PITA!!!

• @anickt said:

Ditto.

• After watching some videos I really think that Reason Compact will be something like Figure but more advanced , which is not bad :)
    If Propellerhead could change the name of the app and didn’t release it so early , it would go much better .

Still hoping for a separate Reason Mobile app ....

• I was able to reset my password through the Props website. Sure is a mix of Auxy and Groovebox. Don’t like the vertical piano roll at all. Think I’ll skip this one for now. I’m sure it will be great at some point.

• That's weird, when I tried it I didn't need to login or sign up, there was a skip for now option, maybe they've already removed that, sneaky.

• It isn't that bad guys 😂 come on ...a free synth with limitations.. That's what it is for now, and eventually if you wanna buy add-ons for it you can, or you can choose not too...
    But it is what it is right now, and could evolve into more over time..
    I don't know why the hate is so strong, and why everyone thinks every synth and developer should bow down and meet all your needs in every app they make, and should do it for free and on demand... It's just not rational lol.
    They gotta make money, and only invest time in it if there's an interest in the app... You can't expect them to drop the best thing ever over night and put a price tag on it that people might not wanna pay or want, so let em drop the free compact version and build on over time and don't expext a free app or one with iap to be as good as the desktop version they have been working hard on for years.
    I think it's pretty cool for what it is and can start to build ideas and layers to make songs

• @db909 @mgmg4871 Thanks! I have it now. I'd like to get Reason Lite, so that I can see if it will work through WINE on my Linux box. :smile: