Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Reason Compact from Propellerhead software

Comments

• edited August 2018

This RC could become easily in near future an iAP monster

• @Samu said:

@db909 said:
    Also, you have access to the full synth if you press the demo button on the pages, and there’s a lot of interesting things in there, like custom envelope shapes, etc

But it does 'reset' the sound to it's default state when switching the 'demo panels'.
    If this is the 'path' Propellerheads choose to take on iOS I'm off their train.

Why waste all the awesome DPS development and bake it inside a crappy auxy/groovbox knock-off?!?
    Considering Dr.OctoRex found it's way into Gadget I still have hopes for a 'full' Europa stand-alone, AUv3 & Gadget.

But hey, it's just me even though I'm a 'Swede' I have no real compassion for crappy delivery...

I was just happy to be able to see all of the synth before buying, unlike Groovebox. And it’s a pretty dope synth. If nothing else, you have a nice synth with its own sequencer and some other bells and whistles. Now if user presets never come with the full unlock, then we have a problem

• @kinkujin said:

@kobamoto said:

@mathieugarcia said:
    This kind of apps makes music creation more appealing to a wider audience. Also, it's free !

Even though you're a Genius this is the statement that I hate to hear IOS devs make.
    It's the reason we never, ever get there...

I don't get it.

loosely translated it means that since the advent of music app production and development on the iOS platform this has been the 'single' stated reason and reasoning behind the lack of fully featured music production apps. It's the reason that after all of these years you still see people posting about how we are on the verge of iOS being a complete solution.... It's the reason apps that don't have proper midi don't have proper midi, it's the reason that apps that don't have proper audio export don't have audio export, it's the reason apps still get developed under the guise of production to just sell sample packs etc... but mostly it's just something I've heard over and over and over and over and over again.. ironically MG is not one of those devs, his app is one of the most complete if not thee most complete app on the platform along with sunvox

• edited August 2018

@kobamoto
    I see, thanks. For me though, this would be a more complete solution. Using the iPad as sketchpad tool, instrument and link between my favorite desktop apps. I guess I come to this all with a different strategy.

Then again, I have Gadget and BM3 so I'm not totally opposed to getting it all done in ios. :smile:

• @purpan2 said:
    I’m missing something here? This is surely designed by Ampify? It’s graphically outrageously similar.

Bingo.... KRFT.. this must be Doug’s ..... well..
    I knew KRFT was too magical for Ampify to shelf it...

This has to be just a ‘compact’ version of the real deal...

• edited August 2018

I'm not looking for it to be a complete solution either (no offense to our brothers and sisters that are looking for that) .. I'm just looking for it's component parts to be complete
    I want a complete sound module to connect to the outside world, and complete apps to sketch with on the go.

Don't wanna derail this thread though.. compact is cool but they always do this to us, Next slogan you'll hear is that they ' didn't put this or that in it because they wanted to do research in the community to see how they should go forward, what the community wants etc..' = tired.

• edited August 2018

Perhaps on one of those alleged alternative earths they are enjoying a fully fleshed out Reason on ios...lucky devils

• @kobamoto said:
    I'm not looking for it to be a complete solution either (no offense to our brothers and sisters that are looking for that) .. I'm just looking for it's component parts to be complete
    I want a complete sound module to connect to the outside world, and complete apps to sketch with on the go.

Don't wanna derail this thread though.. compact is cool but they always do this to us, Next slogan you'll hear is that they ' didn't put this or that in it because they wanted to do research in the community to see how they should go forward, what the community wants etc..' = tired.

It’s always about the 🤑

• From one of the devs.

Keep an eye out, we are still working on it - we are releasing it early to get constructive feedback and ideas for the upcoming features!

• but we are some 500 app having 3 app using fools over here that would gladly give them the money if they gave us the honey!!! :#

• Not too surprised from a major software vendor. Unlike indies, they prefer to play it safe. That might be part of the reason Bram can be so efficient and prolific. If Hammerhead were a major current product, he might be tempted to “squeeze the lemon” by putting his product’s branding on a new but imitative piece of software.

Like others, my first impression from screenshots was: what do @AmpifyxNovation and @Auxyphile think of this? Validation or aggravation?
    Might it also say something about the future of Thor as AUv3?
    Preset packs may make for good business. And those who already use Reason on the desktop may find some use for this. But it’s strange that the company just embraced third-party plugins on the desktop and isn’t jumping on the opportunity on iOS.
    Ah, well… Maybe Native Instruments will fare better.

• @kobamoto said:
    but we are some 500 app having 3 app using fools over here that would gladly give them the money if they gave us the honey!!! :#

Who you calling a fool? :D

• _ :D I'm just talkin bout shaft..._

• seriously though, I've got a tiny little iPad mini 4 with a bazillion dollars worth of apps but only use about 5... the money is out there.

• @kobamoto said:
    but we are some 500 app having 3 app using fools over here that would gladly give them the money if they gave us the honey!!! :#

Who you calling a fool? :D > @kobamoto said:

seriously though, I've got a tiny little iPad mini 4 with a bazillion dollars worth of apps but only use about 5... the money is out there.

Time to upgrade...just watch out for that sneaky infra red in the newest models.

• edited August 2018

infra red, what's that?
    strangely though my little iPad mini runs everything like a champ it's crazy.

• @kobamoto said:
    infra red, what's that?
    strangely though my little iPad mini runs everything like a champ it's crazy.

Facial recognition.......protect your 👀

• wow didn't know that... otoh fear is the mind killer, I'll take anybody's water that comes for me, and doesn't bring proper midi and sampling features >:)

• @kobamoto said:
    wow didn't know that... otoh fear is the mind killer, I'll take anybody's water that comes for me, and doesn't bring proper midi and sampling features >:)

Not fear but medical fact that infra red lasers used for facial recognition is very detrimental to the eyes. How many times a day do people open up and check their devices...multiply that and viola......literally watch out for the marketing hype
    I’m still on my mini retina and it’s still holding up relatively good...I’m not too sure what to upgrade too or just let my device die out one day and that’s the end of ios music making for me but then again I’ve spent a few trillion on my apps so ya life is fun

• Looks like they going for tons of IAP.....
    In general i must say...meh‘
    Sorry, i agree with @kobamato here mostly.
    There are enough of these toys on iOS >:)

• Here’s a weird one. You can’t change the scale on the note grid if it is set to only one bar. You need to slide the whole thing up and down- so it has to be two bars or more to do this- then reset it to one bar. If you change it starting with more than one bar- the second bar won’t change until you do the slide.

• Free Reason Lite. I'll take it. As for the app, if it grows into what I hoped Figure would become, I'll take that as well.

• @robosardine said:
    Here’s a weird one. You can’t change the scale on the note grid if it is set to only one bar. You need to slide the whole thing up and down- so it has to be two bars or more to do this- then reset it to one bar. If you change it starting with more than one bar- the second bar won’t change until you do the slide.

I wouldn’t even touch the grid in this. It’s so easy to get something going without. The chord and arps are awesome and they affect already recorded stuff.

• @Arpseechord said:

@kobamoto said:
    wow didn't know that... otoh fear is the mind killer, I'll take anybody's water that comes for me, and doesn't bring proper midi and sampling features >:)

Not fear but medical fact that infra red lasers used for facial recognition is very detrimental to the eyes. How many times a day do people open up and check their devices...multiply that and viola......literally watch out for the marketing hype
    I’m still on my mini retina and it’s still holding up relatively good...I’m not too sure what to upgrade too or just let my device die out one day and that’s the end of ios music making for me but then again I’ve spent a few trillion on my apps so ya life is fun

good to know, weird that something like this would not be of concern to apple, potentially opens them up to a lot of liability.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    From one of the devs.

Keep an eye out, we are still working on it - we are releasing it early to get constructive feedback and ideas for the upcoming features!

They could have just lurked here to get all the constructive ideas they could possibly want, just by looking at the posts on the Groovebox threads.

• @db909 said:

@robosardine said:
    Here’s a weird one. You can’t change the scale on the note grid if it is set to only one bar. You need to slide the whole thing up and down- so it has to be two bars or more to do this- then reset it to one bar. If you change it starting with more than one bar- the second bar won’t change until you do the slide.

I wouldn’t even touch the grid in this. It’s so easy to get something going without. The chord and arps are awesome and they affect already recorded stuff.

does it have midi out?

• does does free reason lite have this europa synth? included or do you have to buy it? because i really like the sound of it

• @kobamoto said:

@Arpseechord said:

@kobamoto said:

good to know, weird that something like this would not be of concern to apple, potentially opens them up to a lot of liability.

Interesting article:

https://1reddrop.com/2017/09/16/will-face-id-iphone-x-damage-retina/

• @kobamoto said:

@db909 said:

@robosardine said:

does it have midi out?

No midi :(

• Hmm, and the 'export' function doesn't export 'useable' loops as they need to be trimmed first, WTF?!
    Needless to say apps like these really trigger my nerves in a very BAD way and make my BP go thru the roof...

So what if it's 'Free' so is GarageBand and it's way more fun to use :D