Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• edited July 2018

@palm said:

@palm said:
    ok I skimmed the thread but didn't see answers, so apologies if these questions have been asked already:

1. is Program Change and Bank Select possible via midi? I'm getting nothing and for live use, no PC is a dealbreaker for me.

2. any way to delete presets/banks? I find the browser to be too convoluted and really wish I could slim down the Type and Style categories and get rid of presets I'll never use - the list is so long and it gets a bit bogged down with too many options.

anybody?

As for deleting presets, it is not available in standalone mode. It is available when you load up SM1 as an AU inside a host app such as Cubasis. Just tap on the Save button and you are offered to Save, Rename, Delete, Add to Favorites, Remove from Favorites, Set as Default, Move to iCloud, Send to AirDrop, etc. options. Not sure why these options are not available in standalone mode but only while using it as an AU. @kv331audio_bulent ?

No need to delete presets - just mark what presets you like as Favorites and your shortlisted presets are available in the Favorites bank which is what it is meant for and it is recommended to use it that way.

• edited July 2018

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:
    Is there any word on fixing the loading issues in Cubasis and BM3 or is this something the hosts need to fix? i can build up a project in Cubasis with six instances of Synthmaster One, work for thirty minutes or so without any problems, CPU hovering around 70% or so the whole time but when I reload the project all the instances fail... Am I to learn the Garageband now?

Are you able to freeze / export any of those instances in Cubasis?

I did not try. I pretty much bailed on it in despair but will give it a go... Such a shame. So easy on the CPU and sounding so awesome but clearly some bugness under the hood with memory management of AU instancing or some such tech thing. An update would be fantastic. The Tenori-On, Synthmaster One and Cubasis are like crazy chocolate and peanutbutter and crack.

Now I just learned that garageband listens to all midi channels at once. O_o That is like... delete.

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:
    Is there any word on fixing the loading issues in Cubasis and BM3 or is this something the hosts need to fix? i can build up a project in Cubasis with six instances of Synthmaster One, work for thirty minutes or so without any problems, CPU hovering around 70% or so the whole time but when I reload the project all the instances fail... Am I to learn the Garageband now?

Are you able to freeze / export any of those instances in Cubasis?

Ahh i see, freezing can kick em back to life it seems...! Cool trick, much thanks Good Brice!

• thanks

any idea if Program Change is in the offing?

• ...Wow... SM1, Cubasis and Rozeta is amazing... I’m speechless. What a combo.

• @brice said:
    @kv331audio_bulent I finally struck a vibe with SM1 and the proverbial floodgates have opened. I’ve made 42 presets over the past two days; 26 of them I am 100% captivated and inspired by. That ratio is incredibly high in my book, so I’m gonna be a pain in the ass once more with the hopes that some of the bugs I’ve encountered might be addressed. There are several...not “wishlist” items, but existing functionality that is consistently breaking on this end. Prefer I email you via your site, or communicate these issues here?

Communicating here would be ideal so we could have more perspective, discussion, ideas and suggestions.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    @kv331audio_bulent midi learn cc41 still does not work for me

Can anyone in the forum check if they have issue with assigning cc41 to a parameter via midi learn please?

Would be great if someone could also check if midi cc 41 works or not.

• @kv331audio_bulent

SM1 sounds so incredible!

I'm so thankful that some of the UI issues are being ironed out. I appreciate how much work has and is going into this synth.

this humble user requests:

• When a menu pops up, please make it disappear when you tap outside of the field. As it is, you must tap the field again or tap another field. (just noticed this does behave this way in standalone, but not Au)

• Please, please, please, (pretty please?) add midi control for Program and Bank changes. :)

• Double tap to reset to zero. This is pretty standard practice; having to go to a menu to reset to default feels a bit convoluted.

• Sub Folders for User wavetables. I'm going to have hundreds once I get going with this and I'd like to keep things organized as possible and easy to get to. (on that note... any way to bulk import?)

• Please can anyone check if midi cc41 is assignable. In midi learn it does not work for me.

• @MobileMusic said:

@brice said:

@MobileMusic said:

@brice said:
    This update has really ironed out the things I was struggling with in my sound design endeavors. Just spent several hours with SM1—all of which were frustration-free. Must express again my gratitude for @kv331audio_bulent and his dedication to this synth and its users.

Does that mean you are Ok with the drill-down submenus or still want a better navigation? They both have tradeoffs:

• submenus result in more drilling down but have the benefit of shorter lists and less scrolling and the drilling down offers knowledge/education of what item is Analog, Digital, FM, etc.
    • multi-column lists can have the extra columns for information purpose, can be re-sorted but have longer lists and more scrolling

Sniff, sniff... Are you cooking any BB presets for SM1? :smiley:

The fact that the menus will remain on-screen while auditioning the waveforms/tables makes a WORLD of difference, and the sub menus more digestible. It was the repetitive task of opening those sub menus each and every time that I found frustrating. Those frustrations are gone.

Definitely. The kitchen is in full swing. ;)

I like extra Garlic and Rosemary :smile:
    Remember to include some Sax, Flutes, Choir/Vox and Atmospheric sounds.
    I tried shaping some of these but not completely happy with the results. Unfortunately, neither my first name nor my last name nor my username starts with "B" :neutral:

@brice
    Are these still cooking?
    I like extra Garlic and Rosemary :smiley:

• @palm said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I'm so thankful that some of the UI issues are being ironed out. I appreciate how much work has and is going into this synth.

• When a menu pops up, please make it disappear when you tap outside of the field. As it is, you must tap the field again or tap another field. (just noticed this does behave this way in standalone, but not Au)

• Please, please, please, (pretty please?) add midi control for Program and Bank changes. :)

• Double tap to reset to zero. This is pretty standard practice; having to go to a menu to reset to default feels a bit convoluted.

• Sub Folders for User wavetables. I'm going to have hundreds once I get going with this and I'd like to keep things organized as possible and easy to get to. (on that note... any way to bulk import?)

Hey guys,

I've given a break as I have to write up a R&D project proposal for SynthMaster 2 iOS&Android :smiley: That's gonna take a couple of weeks and after that we will start working on the feature requests and bug reports.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@palm said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Hey guys,

I've given a break as I have to write up a R&D project proposal for SynthMaster 2 iOS&Android :smiley: That's gonna take a couple of weeks and after that we will start working on the feature requests and bug reports.

It's more than OK!!
    As it is now Synthmaster One is wonderful and amazing on my big iPad Pro...
    Good luck and don't forget to rest, take a beer or whatever for loading the batteries!!

Hey guys,

Wohoooo! Never resting, right?
    Enjoy your break and good luck with writing this stuff. And thanks again for all you guys did in the last months here on the forums and of course on your macs coding, adding requests and all that hard work!

As @ErrkaPetti stated, go and charge!

Hey guys,

I consider that ^ information update, very near to an AppStore update.

And reassuring etc..

Cheers,

King

• @palm said:

Are you not able to create new Banks while saving your presets to? Banks are subfolders.

• @MobileMusic said:

@palm said:

Are you not able to create new Banks while saving your presets to? Banks are subfolders.

No, not presets. I'm talkin' wavetables. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to create folders for wavetables. They all go in the User folder, which will quickly get pretty cluttered.

• @palm said:

@MobileMusic said:

@palm said:

No, not presets. I'm talkin' wavetables. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to create folders for wavetables. They all go in the User folder, which will quickly get pretty cluttered.

We're going to fix that issue in our upcoming updates.

• edited July 2018

BTW, after looking at the sale figures through July, we decided to permanently drop the price of SynthMaster One to $19.99. We hope that this will make it more "competitive", because based on low sales figures for the past couple of weeks er decided that $24.99 is not the right price point.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BTW, after looking at the sale figures through July, we decided to permanently drop the price of SynthMaster One to $19.99. We hope that this will make it more "competitive", because based on low sales figures for the past couple of weeks er decided that $24.99 is not the right price point.

yeah, that $20 and up realm seems to be the breaking point on this platform. But that’s an entirely different discussion. Glad to hear you guys are making the necessary moves.

While I have the mic, has there been any progress on the Cubasis front in terms of audio not freezing / rendering and saved sessions loading default patch? Last I recall you had just purchased a new 12” Pro for testing but things kinda went silent after that.

Also let me ask you. I’ve made a lot of presets with the intent on releasing a complete bank or several banks if the process is easy for the end user. I’m using custom waveforms/wavetables in about 99% of my patches. Can you give me the rundown on how the end user should go about installing my files on their device? I want to make sure this can in fact be easily accomplished before I set aside any more time to building out these banks.

Thanks

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I’m loving it - worth the money. One of the most comprehensive synths on ios.

• edited July 2018

Yeah, 2.99 is crazy ridiculous for a synth, 40 bux is too high ... I think this is a tough business. Consumers are getting used to everything being dirt cheap, which is why we all have soo many apps.

I think consumers (on this platform) will need to get used to paying more for all of this R&D from the developers and years of work. Or it may be relegated to hobbyist developers.

• Oh, and thanks for the update Bulent. All the best to you and team!

• Me too really hope that every, I mean every user on iPad that are intrested in music making is buying your app, Synthmaster One!
    Can’t imagine their will be any other synth sounding better than this beast!

And, we need both amateur developers and like you guys, PRO developers on this platform!

May all sales luck come true!

• When?
    When AU3 will work normally with Auria?

• I really like SynthMaster One. It is indeed a shame to see that sales are not good :|

• Yes a shame to hear that. I really like the potential of it.
    But I've had a difficult time with it on my 12.9 pro 2 with crashing and so have shelved until the issues are fixed.

• @Denzkps said:
    When?
    When AU3 will work normally with Auria?

They're releasing a new update (which is in beta status I believe) which fixed the issue.

This discussion has been closed.