Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• so ive only used synthmaster player..the free version....im debating getting the pro...but is there any point in getting the pro and buying preset packs if you have the full synth ??? i dont have sm1 either...not sure why i have everything else lol...anyway...imma get the synth so should i just delete the player or go pro ?

• also is 11.99 usd the sale price for ios ?

• Don't confuse Synthmaster Player with Synthmaster One. They are two totally different apps. Player is a player and SM One is a synth. The presets have nothing to do with each other.
    Yes it's confusing.

• @reasOne said:
    so ive only used synthmaster player..the free version....im debating getting the pro...but is there any point in getting the pro and buying preset packs if you have the full synth ??? i dont have sm1 either...not sure why i have everything else lol...anyway...imma get the synth so should i just delete the player or go pro ?

From my understanding, the typical upgrade path is SM Player to SM 2 (at least on Desktop). While there may be some overlap with the SM Player preset packs and the the presets in SM One, it is a different program so the presets are not compatible. However, the underlying synth engine is the same. It's confusing! But I would think of them in separate categories. SM One is for those who like to tweak/create their sounds. SM Player is for those who like to use presets.

also is 11.99 usd the sale price for ios ?

Yes, it's the lowest price I've seen it.

• @yowza said:
    Don't confuse Synthmaster Player with Synthmaster One. They are two totally different apps. Player is a player and SM One is a synth. The presets have nothing to do with each other.
    Yes it's confusing.

yah i was thinking taht the full synth could make the sounds of the player , but was not sure...if it can then the player wont be needed, but i do love some of the presets like the jazz guitar and the plucks...

@rtuckr said:

From my understanding, the typical upgrade path is SM Player to SM 2 (at least on Desktop). While there may be some overlap with the SM Player preset packs and the the presets in SM One, it is a different program so the presets are not compatible. However, the underlying synth engine is the same. It's confusing! But I would think of them in separate categories. SM One is for those who like to tweak/create their sounds. SM Player is for those who like to use presets.

also is 11.99 usd the sale price for ios ?

Yes, it's the lowest price I've seen it.

im getting it right now then, last i saw it , it was like 25$usd...thanks for the info

• @thesoundtestroom Someone is stealing your videos:

• Impressive sound with this one, the interface though...

@kv331audio_bulent Not sure if you're taking feedback, I'm going to give some anyways: Any chance you could move the mod matrix to another section? I know that's a lot to ask, but when trying to create a patch it helps to have access to the keyboard, and when applying an adjustment to the mod matrix you lose access to the keyboard! It's a hassle having to toggle back and forth between the two when adjusting the mod matrix.

• edited September 2018

@e121 said:
    Impressive sound with this one, the interface though...

@kv331audio_bulent Not sure if you're taking feedback, I'm going to give some anyways: Any chance you could move the mod matrix to another section? I know that's a lot to ask, but when trying to create a patch it helps to have access to the keyboard, and when applying an adjustment to the mod matrix you lose access to the keyboard! It's a hassle having to toggle back and forth between the two when adjusting the mod matrix.

Just tap the Expand button on Keyboard tab and you have 3 keyboards (2 when inside Mod Matrix tab) and you can still use keyboards :smile: You could also use the Hold button if you want to access synth areas from Mod Matrix without the keyboards.

• edited September 2018

@e121 said:

@kv331audio_bulent Looking at it again, maybe you could fit it in the "Routing/FX/ARP/SEQ" section. You wouldn't get to view as many at once (only 2 compared to 5, on a regular iPad), but you would have access to the keyboard which is far more important. There's even room for a "MOD MATRIX" button next to the "ARP/SEQ" button.

I hope to see this implemented, as it really is cumbersome trying to apply changes to the mod matrix the way it's set up now.

• @e121 said:

@e121 said:

@kv331audio_bulent Looking at it again, maybe you could fit it in the "Routing/FX/ARP/SEQ" section. You wouldn't get to view as many at once (only 2 compared to 5, on a regular iPad), but you would have access to the keyboard which is far more important. There's even room for a "MOD MATRIX" button next to the "ARP/SEQ" button.

I hope to see this implemented, as it really is cumbersome trying to apply changes to the mod matrix the way it's set up now.

Did you read my suggestions posted above?

• @MobileMusic said:

@e121 said:

@e121 said:

Did you read my suggestions posted above?

Just read it and thanks for the workaround, still less than ideal, though at least you don't have to go back and forth every time. Move it to the "Routing/FX/ARP/SEQ" section and it's a single tap away and keeps everything else in view as well (except for the Routing, etc. which are also just a single tap away).

And yes, this stuff matters. Having things tucked away in menus and not close at hand is a good way to undermine software.

• @e121 said:
    @thesoundtestroom Someone is stealing your videos:

Hey. Not cool. Suggest others also give a quick visit and a DV, to encourage them to sod off etc.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@e121 said:

Hey. Not cool. Suggest others also give a quick visit and a DV, to encourage them to sod off etc.

@JohnnyGoodyear Yeah, I’ve reported it to YouTube, this happens from time to time

• edited September 2018

@thesoundtestroom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@e121 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear Yeah, I’ve reported it to YouTube, this happens from time to time

Expect them to take it down or it'll be a sock full of shit in the post...

• edited September 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@e121 said:

Expect them to take it down or it'll be a sock full of shit in the post...

Stealing others' videos doesn't benefit to stealer's channel. YT's algorithm knows whose video it originally is, who uploaded it first, etc. As you can see, they got only 35 views so far. Plus, it will hurt their channel for duplication of others' content, dilution of creativity, etc. If we report it, it gets taken down overnight (if it is a match) and they get a copyright strike. 3 strikes and their channel gets shutdown. Some people re-uploaded my videos from my MobileMusic channel too and I had to report it and had them taken down.

• Hope the Auria AU crash bug is fixed soon. I just bought it and it’s useless to me.

• @pichi said:
    Hope the Auria AU crash bug is fixed soon. I just bought it and it’s useless to me.

I know it’s only a workaround, but have you tried running SynthMaster One in ApeMatrix as an IAA in Auria Pro? I have it working now and it seems stable so far.

Yeah I know IAA use can be a pain. I really do try to avoid it, but at least it lets you use SM1 for now :)

• Ok, getting just had it crash lol

• edited September 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Ok, getting just had it crash lol

Bummer. Funny, it works in MTS. Anyway it’s not like I don’t have a million other synths. Hope they fix it soon though.

Edit. Actually it does work as an IAA in Auria. So there is that...

• @pichi said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Ok, getting just had it crash lol

Bummer. Funny, it works in MTS. Anyway it’s not like I don’t have a million other synths. Hope they fix it soon though.

Edit. Actually it does work as an IAA in Auria. So there is that...

It’s only been one crash though and not happened since a restart.

• I heard this on the 11th from Corey at WaveMachine Labs:

"It's a SynthMaster One issue and the developer can't figure it out. Rim is helping him now."

• @sch said:
    I heard this on the 11th from Corey at WaveMachine Labs:

"It's a SynthMaster One issue and the developer can't figure it out. Rim is helping him now."

Cool!

• edited September 2018

@kv331audio_bulent,

Could you please release the extra 300-pack IAP sounds in the meantime you iron out issues in SynthMaster One so we could try out the sounds from the the pack in our projects?

TIA

• edited October 2018

Have folks been experiencing more bugs with SM1 in iOS 12? Or is the performance the same as before for you all?

Why I'm asking: I just bought the app, and it seems to have issues all over the place.

(The most worrisome are:

(a) Mod matrix (source random duplication and random override) Every time I try to use a new modulation source for a given slot in the mod matrix, it duplicates that source onto another slot as well - sometimes into an empty slot, sometimes overriding the source for a filled slot.

(b) "Stuck key" behavior. When using an external midi keyboard (seaboard block, connected via the wire and camera connection kit), some note ends up staying on after I release its key within 15-30 seconds of playing. It's the same result as a stuck key that won't release, but it's software side. The only way to get the note to stop seems to be to restart the sound engine - with the panic button, or by changing the polyphony. But fiddling with the synth settings does nothing. (I'll have to test it with other controllers to see if it's just the seaboard.))

• @ohwell said:
    (a) Every time I try to use a new modulation source for a given slot in the mod matrix, it duplicates that source onto another slot as well - sometimes into an empty slot, sometimes overriding the source for a filled slot.

I've seen this issue before and added it to my list of bugs to report. Assigning "None" or "--" to a slot empties an adjacent slot at times.

• Now it’s time for some IAP patches for Synthmaster One!
    I’m been waitina all summer now for an nice update...
    Where is it?

• @Dawdles said:
    Thanks for the update. I really want to keep things constructive this time so I'm reluctant to even post, but I just tried it and it's almost de ja vu.... but changes made to params and Oscs etc aren't audible while notes are held? Seems very odd and unintuitive. I thought I'd hit an instant bug at first when disabling osc1 but it still coming out of the headphones... Surely all parameter changes should effect the sound coming from the output? Auditioning wavetables, auditioning lfo shapes etc....

Guys, first off, apologies for disappearing for quite a while. It is really tough when we have multiple products to support, and come up with a better architecture for our future products (starting with SynthMaster 3). SynthMaster 3 redesign has been taking a lot of my time, but I decided to give a break for a couple of weeks since we have existing pressing issues for both SynthMaster 2.9 and SynthMaster One/SynthMaster One iOS.

The above issue has been one of those pressing issues, but finally it is fixed! B) So, in our next update, here's what to expect for fixes:

1. Osc detune curve, waveform/wavetable type, sub type, sub waveform type, unison voices parameters can now be changed when a note is playing
    2. Filter type parameter can now be changed when a note is playing
    3. SynthMaster One/SynthMaster One iOS now correctly keeps track of used waveform/tables (memory resources) and loads/deletes them when necessary.

I am now going to go through the last 6 pages of this discussion and take note of recently discovered issues.

Thank you for your patience!

Bulent

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Dawdles said:
    Thanks for the update. I really want to keep things constructive this time so I'm reluctant to even post, but I just tried it and it's almost de ja vu.... but changes made to params and Oscs etc aren't audible while notes are held? Seems very odd and unintuitive. I thought I'd hit an instant bug at first when disabling osc1 but it still coming out of the headphones... Surely all parameter changes should effect the sound coming from the output? Auditioning wavetables, auditioning lfo shapes etc....

Guys, first off, apologies for disappearing for quite a while. It is really tough when we have multiple products to support, and come up with a better architecture for our future products (starting with SynthMaster 3). SynthMaster 3 redesign has been taking a lot of my time, but I decided to give a break for a couple of weeks since we have existing pressing issues for both SynthMaster 2.9 and SynthMaster One/SynthMaster One iOS.

The above issue has been one of those pressing issues, but finally it is fixed! B) So, in our next update, here's what to expect for fixes:

1. Osc detune curve, waveform/wavetable type, sub type, sub waveform type, unison voices parameters can now be changed when a note is playing
    2. Filter type parameter can now be changed when a note is playing
    3. SynthMaster One/SynthMaster One iOS now correctly keeps track of used waveform/tables (memory resources) and loads/deletes them when necessary.

I am now going to go through the last 6 pages of this discussion and take note of recently discovered issues.

Thank you for your patience!

Bulent

Thanks for keeping us informed :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    @Dawdles is right, you can not change some discrete parameters when a note is playing:

Osc waveform/wavetable type
    Subosc waveform type
    LFO waveform type
    Filter type

This limitation has always existed since the beginning of SynthMaster :)

I will think about some algorithms/patterns on how to fix that.

Expect a fix in version 1.1.2

• @kv331audio_bulent Thanks for the update. What about the mod matrix issue and the strange "stuck key" behavior with the seaboard - see my post above?

This discussion has been closed.