Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent any ETD on the iPhone version of Synthmaster One?

• @kv331audio_bulent, hey mate, when can we expect to have this app working properly with Auria Pro?????

• @kv331audio_bulent appreciate you checking back in. This is a great piece of machinery, worth your further polishing :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @kv331audio_bulent appreciate you checking back in. This is a great piece of machinery, worth your further polishing :)

+1

• @sch said:
    @kv331audio_bulent, hey mate, when can we expect to have this app working properly with Auria Pro?????

There's a "mysterious" issue that we couldn't solve with the Auria Pro developers. They're saying that our plugin's name is empty. I will debug this further tonight.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@sch said:
    @kv331audio_bulent, hey mate, when can we expect to have this app working properly with Auria Pro?????

There's a "mysterious" issue that we couldn't solve with the Auria Pro developers. They're saying that our plugin's name is empty. I will debug this further tonight.

Really hoping this can be rectified ASAP, I’m sure there are a lot of folks that use AP and we’re all awaiting the opportunity to use this amazing synth.

• Nice! App love!

• edited October 2018

@akeia said:
    Along with resolving these issues, I do hope Mr. Bulent can create functionality for easily syncing presets between Desktop and iOS versions of SM1 (e.g., via Documents folder in iCloud).

Is there an app that does this well?

Here's the issue:

On the Desktop, user data (presets, waveforms, tunings) is under:

Documents/SynthMasterOne/

if you turn on iCloud on your desktop, Documents folder is moved to Documents on iCloud Drive. So desktop user data will be under:

/Documents/SynthMasterOne

SynthMaster One iOS user data on iCloud drive is stored under:

/SynthMasterOne/Documents

So for desktop<->ios sync Documents/SynthMasterOne and SynthMasterOne/Documents folders should be merged somehow. Does that makes sense?

I believe DRC claims to sync between Desktop and iOS apps, although I only have iPhone and iPad syncing currently.

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    So for desktop<->ios sync Documents/SynthMasterOne and SynthMasterOne/Documents folders should be merged somehow. Does that makes sense?

Is there a reason why you can't change SM1 iOS' default folder to Documents/SynthMasterOne/Documents, or similar workaround?

• edited October 2018

@rtuckr said:
    Is there a reason why you can't change SM1 iOS' default folder to Documents/SynthMasterOne/Documents, or similar workaround?

That would solve the issue entirely, but if I am not mistaken every iOS app has its own directory (at the root level, not under documents). It's something Apple should allow us!

Also, not letting the extension access the app's documents folder is also total bulls**! If anyone from Apple is watching this thread: "GUYS FIX THOSE STUPID LIMITATIONS!"

• @rtuckr said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

I believe DRC claims to sync between Desktop and iOS apps, although I only have iPhone and iPad syncing currently.

@kv331audio_bulent said:

DRC uses its own cloud saves but I’ve had some issues with it. I think most of these issues are due to Apple design more than what the devs want to do. I think the best devs can do is just to get the app to save to the files app and then you can back these up to the cloud manually when needed - this may sound a pain, but it does make sure you always have local file access and can back up to the cloud easily when needed. The ideal obviously would be for the app to save an identical folder to the iCloud at the same time as on the local folder- I have no apps that do this though, so it may not be possible.

One day Apple may allow a shared folder that all apps can access, but I doubt that’s coming soon lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@rtuckr said:

DRC uses its own cloud saves but I’ve had some issues with it. I think most of these issues are due to Apple design more than what the devs want to do. I think the best devs can do is just to get the app to save to the files app and then you can back these up to the cloud manually when needed - this may sound a pain, but it does make sure you always have local file access and can back up to the cloud easily when needed. The ideal obviously would be for the app to save an identical folder to the iCloud at the same time as on the local folder- I have no apps that do this though, so it may not be possible.

One day Apple may allow a shared folder that all apps can access, but I doubt that’s coming soon lol

That’s super frustrating and counterintuitive. Obviously, GarageBand does not have this limitation.

• @rtuckr said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rtuckr said:

That’s super frustrating and counterintuitive. Obviously, GarageBand does not have this limitation.

I’ve deleted GB again so can’t remember. I know it has a save folder on iCloud, but does it have access to saves while not connected to the net?

• edited October 2018

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rtuckr said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@rtuckr said:

I’ve deleted GB again so can’t remember. I know it has a save folder on iCloud, but does it have access to saves while not connected to the net?

Also any other file access offline? Sorry, I just can’t be bothered to download it to check again lol

The reason I’m doubting it does, is because Apples other apps like Pages do not.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

Also any other file access offline? Sorry, I just can’t be bothered to download it to check again lol

The reason I’m doubting it does, is because Apples other apps like Pages do not.

Personally, I’m not as concerned about offline access. It’s more important to me that the files sync via the cloud so can be used in either app (desktop/mobile) without the need for import/export.

• glad to hear that SM1 hasn't been abandoned.

I purchased SM1 on the fact that it could be microtuned. Only to discover that this was broken. Between that and the lack of Program changes (and very finnicky touch controls in Auv3...) it's been sitting unused.

So much potential, such a great sounding synth. Can't wait until it's finished :smile:

• @kv331audio_bulent, hey mate, when can we expect to have this app working properly with Auria Pro?????

Just fixed it! Apparently it was a very simple fix in the info.plist file...

• I might release a new update with bug fixes only (no new features, yet)

I might release a new update with bug fixes only (no new features, yet)

Yeah do it! :)

• You have rattled my cage! @kv331audio_bulent
    Just so as you know,
    Ive recently been browsing through the beautiful patches in sm1 while hosted in aum and after about the 15-20 point the app dies and takes out the audio in Aum. (A restart fixes everything)
    If noone else has this problem Ill do a re install etc. I know this was a problem in the past as it appeared in the bug fix list. Im running latest ios and latest sm1. Im puzzled. Any suggestions?

• @Richtowns said:
    You have rattled my cage! @kv331audio_bulent
    Just so as you know,
    Ive recently been browsing through the beautiful patches in sm1 while hosted in aum and after about the 15-20 point the app dies and takes out the audio in Aum. (A restart fixes everything)
    If noone else has this problem Ill do a re install etc. I know this was a problem in the past as it appeared in the bug fix list. Im running latest ios and latest sm1. Im puzzled. Any suggestions?

I was having similar crashes when I was still attempting to use SM1. Gave up because of so many glitches and crashes, especially in the Auv3, lack of program changes and microtonal function are a bummer too.

• I love this app more today than when I bought and loved it.

I might release a new update with bug fixes only (no new features, yet)

Yes Please. :)
    I'm mostly an Auria Pro user so haven't been able to use Synthmaster One since I bought it.

• @Richtowns said:

I wonder how much RAM your machine has?

Although I thought I fixed the memory management issue in the previous build, unfortunately it was NOT, so memory was never released when you change a waveform/wavetable/load a new preset/etc. This could be the root cause for this.

Luckly, the memory management issue is now fixed! it'll be in the next build.

• Thanks for the great app @kv331audio_bulent . SM1 is by far my fav synth and excited to hear improvements on the horizon.

• So, I'm a bit lost when it comes to the preset banks for synthmaster one. I purchased some expansions for synthmaster player. Is there a way to use these in synthmaster one? I don't see anywhere in the app where I can buy expansion packs. Also are the VST presets usable in IOS? Is there one place I can get these questions answered that also explains or shows how I can expand my presets on IOS and not have to forgo all the presets otherwise available in all the other iterations of synthmaster?

• @kv331audio_bulent that's great news! I probably noticed the crash most on my old ipad mini 2 which is possibly a little under spec'ed nowadays. Thanks for this and of course for a great app

@bedheadproducer unfortunately these are different products so they cant share presets but ..
    if you buy the desktop version of sm1 which is on offer if you have the ios version you CAN share presets between the two sm1 versions. You also get something like 200 extra presets. Im not sure but the desktop upgrade was only like $30, thats the sort of price I like. The presets are very professional, Im impressed and Im learning. And Im very pleased I will be able to surf those presets without fear with the update.

• This gets asked so often, Synthmaster Player is a different app and synth than Synthmaster One. Both synths were available on desktop before iOS, and I suspect the confusion comes from the names being so similar. The presets are not compatible because as I understand it the underlying architecture of the two synths is different so there is no way the presets can be made compatible. Maybe @kv331audio_bulent can chime in and clear things up?

• edited October 2018

.> @yowza said:

This gets asked so often, Synthmaster Player is a different app and synth than Synthmaster One. Both synths were available on desktop before iOS, and I suspect the confusion comes from the names being so similar. The presets are not compatible because as I understand it the underlying architecture of the two synths is different so there is no way the presets can be made compatible. Maybe @kv331audio_bulent can chime in and clear things up?

Presets are data. SMP presets may have 40 properties while SM1 presets may have 75 properties exposed in their UI's. But still, there are so many hidden properties not exposed in the UI of SMP and SM1 (exposed only in Mod Matrix) and so, they may have equal number of properties behind the scenes. Technically possible to use default values for the missing properties or ignore the extra properties across apps which may sound different but I think they all have a common structure with some properties not exposed fully based on the type of app. There is no way SMP presets could sound so great with just 40-some properties - there should be more properties hidden and not exposed in the UI because it is a player type app.

• @MobileMusic said:
    .> @yowza said:

This gets asked so often, Synthmaster Player is a different app and synth than Synthmaster One. Both synths were available on desktop before iOS, and I suspect the confusion comes from the names being so similar. The presets are not compatible because as I understand it the underlying architecture of the two synths is different so there is no way the presets can be made compatible. Maybe @kv331audio_bulent can chime in and clear things up?

Presets are data. SMP presets may have 40 properties while SM1 presets may have 75 properties exposed in their UI's. But still, there are so many hidden properties not exposed in the UI of SMP and SM1 (exposed only in Mod Matrix) and so, they may have equal number of properties behind the scenes. Technically possible to use default values for the missing properties or ignore the extra properties across apps which may sound different but I think they all have a common structure with some properties not exposed fully based on the type of app.

You have been stuck on this for a while. Do you now for a fact that both apps are the same underneath? If the two apps don't have the same or very similar underlying synth engine then I would say you're wrong. By your reasoning we could get the presets for any synth (by any developer) ported over to any other synth.

I'm happy to be wrong so maybe @kv331audio_bulent will pipe in.

This discussion has been closed.