Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• Dawdles, It’s more the way you said it, than what you said. If you had expressed it in a more constructive way, you would have gotten a different response. IMHO of course

• @yowza said:
    Dawdles, It’s more the way you said it, than what you said. If you had expressed it in a more constructive way, you would have gotten a different response. IMHO of course

Exactly, that's what I am trying to say as well. and I am sorry to have misunderstood the refund issue.

If you have a paypal account send me your email I will refund the 14.99 myself :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@yowza said:
    Dawdles, It’s more the way you said it, than what you said. If you had expressed it in a more constructive way, you would have gotten a different response. IMHO of course

Exactly, that's what I am trying to say as well. and I am sorry to have misunderstood the refund issue.

If you have a paypal account send me your email I will refund the 14.99 myself :)

Or, I can pay him back so you can get supporting your family with your income...

I bought Auria Pro twice because I wanted to support the developer, so I can do it here also, just because I think this Synth deserve it!

• edited July 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@yowza said:

He had 14 days to get a refund. That’s more than enough time to assess whether he liked the product and wanted to keep it or not. It’s the same as buying anything from any regular online or bricks and mortar high street retailer. He chose not to get a refund and instead publicly chastise you the developer in a very derogatory manner instead. You should not refund him as it will just encourage his entitled behaviour.
    Excellent synth.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can still "report a problem" to Apple despite the refund window btw.

I'm still hoping the full screen AU bug on ipad pro 12.9 can be fixed soon as it feels too claustrophobic in letterbox mode. Seems to work better on Air 2 than on 12.9 pro at the moment.

• @Carnbot said:
    You can still "report a problem" to Apple despite the refund window btw.

I'm still hoping the full screen AU bug on ipad pro 12.9 can be fixed soon as it feels too claustrophobic in letterbox mode. Seems to work better on Air 2 than on 12.9 pro at the moment.

That's one of the ones that I can not reproduce on my 12.9 iPad. Really clueless right now :(

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

That's one of the ones that I can not reproduce on my 12.9 iPad. Really clueless right now :(

It’s very intersting. It’s absolutely fixed on iOS 12 beta

@Carnbot said:

Do you have a 2017 Pro or 2016?

• @realdawei said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

I'm on 11.3.1 haven't upgraded to 11.4 yet.

Has anyone got a 12.9 pro and 11.4 + Synthmaster?

• edited July 2018

@Carnbot said:

@realdawei said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

I tried it on 11.4 same problem, soon as I tried iOS 12 beta everything worked. (Not recommending beta software though - but it’s an interesting data point )

• @realdawei said:

@Carnbot said:

@realdawei said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

I tried it on 11.4 same problem, soon as I tried iOS 12 beta everything worked. (Not recommending beta software though - but it’s an interesting data point )

ok thanks, that bodes well for ios 12 at least but hopefully it can be fixed for 11.4 and below too. :)

@Carnbot said:

Bulent, what model of 12.9” do you have?
    I’ve got this fullscreen AUv3-problem also, even in Garageband... :-(

I’m on iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 generation with 256GB and Celluar...
    Other than that, it’s a super great synth!

• @Carnbot said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

Do you have a 2017 Pro or 2016?

A matter of facts, to be precise, the first 12.9” iPad Pro came 2015...

• edited July 2018

@Carnbot said:

@realdawei said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:

I have that setup (12.9” iOS11.4)... and, the same problem as you...

• Count me in on the full screen issue as well. Latest 12.9” on 11.4. No full screen available in AUM or BM3. And when I attempt to full screen in GB it causes SM1 to crash.

• edited July 2018

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Bulent, what model of 12.9” do you have?
    I’ve got this fullscreen AUv3-problem also, even in Garageband... :-(

I’m on iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 generation with 256GB and Celluar...
    Other than that, it’s a super great synth!

Mine is 2016 for sure, not 2017. I should probably get a new one next week.

• edited July 2018

BTW, I am releasing our next update v1.1.0. This one is gonna be our v1.1 update and will be announced this week on social media/kvraudio/etc (with all the cumulative fixes/new features since v1.0)

Changelog:

1. Fixed: Dropdown menu should close when user clicks any other area on the user interface
    2. Fixed: Dropdown menu should stay open when user selects a new value
    3. Fixed: Listboxes respond incorrectly to swipe gesture
    4. Fixed: SynthMaster One might crash when sample rate changes
    5. Fixed: Delete preset menu doesn't work
    6. Fixed: Clicking on zoom button for the arp/seq crashes SynthMaster One app
  • edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Dawdles said:
    Revisited this today after not gelling with it at all on release. Feelings are the same. Really baffling design, like the people that made it never actually used it....

Main issues -

• windows close automatically. If I wanna audition LFO shapes it’s an absolute nightmare to open window again, find where I was, audition the next LFO. And repeat. Unusable for anyone without superhuman paience. Windows should stay open until user touches elsewhere on the ui.
    • opening mod matrix kills the playing notes. Wtf? How are you supposed to tweak mod matrix in context when you don’t have an external controller set up???
    • The mod matrix parameter knobs are ridiculously small for fine tuning and there’s no pop up window with more precise numerical digit input for value. Unusable for anything precise.

I’m sure there are more issues but these above have already made me switch it off again. Really terrible design on this synth...

To your surprise, we actually use this software that we designed. As long as you are making constructive criticism, we will do our best to resolve the issues reported. In your case I honestly feel like you are treating our software like junk, but still we will try to fix the main issues above.

Regarding mod matrix kill the notes issue: Press the hold button first so that the notes don't turn off while you are editing the mod matrix.

Regarding small knobs: when editing the knob value MOVE AWAY from the knob for FINE editing.

Lol. How did this workflow stuff not bug the hell out of you in use then?!? Baffles me.. Overpriced with all these flaws. Missed my refund window sadly.. And if you're gonna hit forums then grow some thicker skin/swallow some pride when speaking to disgruntled paying customers...

Hold button was pressed when I used it. Notes still got killed when I hit mod matrix. If I'm doing something wrong then it just adds weight to the opinion that this is badly designed.

I think the Hold button feature holding pressed note when switching to Mod Matrix is in beta (it works for me in beta).

Here is a cool trick - tap the Expand button and it gives 3 keyboards - it looks like GeoShred!!! Now switch to Mod Matrix - you have not 0, not 1 but 2 keyboards available!! I've already suggested the dev to make the Octave, Hold and Expand buttons available under Mod Matrix.

Also try the Arpeggiator with the Hold button as how Tim Webb shows in his video:

A few more suggestions about partial keyboards, Velocity and Vibrato on Keys like GB, etc. I made here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/509389/#Comment_509389
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/502024/#Comment_502024

Moving away from the knob while holding it has been the way to twist knobs on iOS for ages because of fat fingers. Knob sizes are optimal in SM1 considering how much content and how many controls they squeezed into a single, USABLE screen. No app can offer you large knobs and buttons while also squeezing everything on one screen. Or just use a cheap stylus or Pencil which many people do and you will find it useful with many other synth apps as well. If you are not using a stylus with DAW/synth apps, you are not doing it right. Once you use a stylus, you'll never go back to using fingers because you don't have to stretch your hands all the way to touch the screen or a control and you can do with precision while also being able to see the knob under the stylus being twisted accurately! And yes, Steve Jobs was downright wrong about using Stylus on iOS :smile: and so, it is very likely that you are mistaken about SM1, too - while so many on this forum simply love it.

As a UI/UX designer, I reiterate SM1's design and layout is highly optimal and well thought out - fitting all on one screen nicely. It shows the experience-level of the dev. As you may know, its screen is divided into 3 sections horizontally (with 3 keyboards) and in AU mode, it displays all these sections in the host app's half screen linearly (with the toolbar on the top) - just swipe horizontally to access other sections of SM1 in AU mode inside a host app. Haven't seen any other AU synth like that (Alchemy in GB with horizontal scrolling is not AU, yet). Vertical scrolling SUCKS in Tornado and Sunrizer AU and shows they were not well thought-out during design phase.

If you are expecting all features working out of the box on day 1 or in week 1 or even month 1, SM1 is not for you. It is a fully functional app that needs some ironing out a few quirks/issues and we are aware of that already. We don't give up on an app as promising as SM1 for some minor issues. For instance, the non-stop scrolling issue of lists makes it unusable as AU inside Cubasis - but for now, I figured if I use the AU Presets list on the left provided by Cubasis (not the SM1's Browser list), I don't have the scrolling issue. Another trick is to drag the scrollbar on the preset list in the Browser and it works too.

There is nothing wrong with releasing a product that is 70% complete and go to market early - many apps have done that including Microsoft, vBulletin, etc - that will add commitment, obligation and more resources to the developer and feedback from the community. People get invested in an app when they become part of its evolution (eg: NS). Let's give SM1 some time it deserves...

I've contacted devs of many other apps in the past with some suggestions and NONE of them obliged. Let me mention just 3 apps here:

1. GarageBand/Apple - submitted many bugs and suggestions that did not fit in a single ticket and I had to break them down into 4 separate tickets each containing multiple issues. Apple simply closed all my 4 tickets asking me to resubmit each issue individually. Do I have time for that when I'm not even using GB anymore? If anyone is using GB and interested in having issues resolved, please go ahead and resubmit these issues individually I mentioned here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/24452/bugs-suggestions-reported-to-apple-on-garageband-for-and-ios

1. Poison-202: For more than a dozen issues I reported (including Favorites feature and Ratings feature), I got a flat-out response of "NO" from the dev saying they will not be implemented/resolved. And one of my suggestions was to provide a user manual or a video which the dev is not interested in providing. Every app should come with a manual or a video for it to be SUCCESSFUL and many devs fail to understand that. Not even large companies understand this when they hire a new recruit, they fall to train/orient them and the new hire has absolutely NO clue how to go about using their systems or doing their job efficiently resulting in mediocre work for the rest of their career. An ounce of training/familiarization goes a long way and offers a ton of returns, outcome and savings. Training/orientation is a MUST!!

2. Kauldron - For many issues I reported, no response so far.

Enter => SynthMaster One - The dev is here right on this forum listening to suggestions and considering them closely. He has already implemented our suggestions of Favorites management with a star, a bank for Favorites, creating/saving presets into User Banks, etc. Try convincing the dev of any other app to consider implementing Favorites or the Ratings feature on their presets - good luck with that! GB has Favorites on loops but NO favorites on presets, yet! EEEEWWW!! Apple's Screen Recording has no way to show finger taps and its audio recording quality is crapshit, Ouch!! What's more, the dev took it one level up and said he would integrate the Ratings feature with their online database library of presets and sharing our ratings with other users. How cool is that! Only a passionate and experienced developer can understand suggestions that add value to the software and make it unique. The dev is also right on creating videos on SM1 (video is the future) and understands their value.

I don't think I'll see another synth on iOS as optimal and replete as SM1 coming from a very experienced developer and SM1 may be my LAST synth on iOS (hey, it has the potential to replace Animoog wavetable synth!). Initially, when it was released, SM1 on iOS had only 3 differences from its desktop counterpart:

16 voices polyphony as opposed to 32 voices
    1x Oversampling as opposed to 4x
    500 presets as opposed to 800 presets

Dev increased oversampling to 4x (pushing boundaries) and releasing the balance 300 presets as an IAP with v1.1 (probably this week) - that blurred their differences. That leaves just one difference between iOS and desktop SM1:

16 voices polyphony as opposed to 32 voices

Maybe, dev could let the users have 32 voice poly on iPad Pros? Even if it is not feasible, is that a big issue? Even if that is an issue, it's a limitation of the iOS platform/devices - not the developer or his skills. When iOS devices become more powerful in future to facilitate 32 voice poly without crapping out, it won't be an issue anymore.

That is porting an entire desktop VST into a usable iOS mobile app AS-IS, if you ask me. That is something.

Kudos to that accomplishment!!

• @Dawdles I am late to this party but
    IMHO some bee has found its way up your ass. And no one here is helping you understand something about yourself. Let me try. This is music man, not the SALT talks! People gather here to support each other. No one can say that @kv331audio_bulent isn't doing everything he possibly can to turn a great app into an awesome one. I, too, have had some difficulties and am looking for the update to correct some minor but correctable aspects. But people are already making superb music on this gift from dev heaven. If I can't use it properly that is mostly my responsibility. A responsibility you share @Dawdles. You will get very little support from forum members who value just the chance to work with the developer on what is usually a labor of love and not a gold mine in this niche art form and technology.

Maybe you should pull yourself up a little on your own rather than trying to get a leg up by pulling others down, and label it honesty. When generous altruistic souls like @analog_matt stand up for SM1 and rate it superior in many ways to his team's own brilliant achievement who are you to shit your pants over fifteen bucks when all you have to do is contribute like a gentleman, which you are not, and be patient. Did I get your attention? Then be a man and apologize to Bulent for wasting his time and testing his patience. No one will hold a grudge against you here and Bulent has seen far worse than the likes of you I am guessing. Can you do it? This is called a growth opportunity. So, c'mon. Grow.
    This bullshit attitude must be clogging up every drain in your life.
    Or is yours a perfect world otherwise?😀

• edited July 2018

Hmmmm

BTW, I am releasing our next update v1.1.0. This one is gonna be our v1.1 update and will be announced this week on social media/kvraudio/etc (with all the cumulative fixes/new features since v1.0)

Changelog:

1. Fixed: Dropdown menu should close when user clicks any other area on the user interface

Great v1.10beta release!
    Great to have opened window when to toggleing different wavetables etc etc...
    Love from Sweden! Rock on dudes!

• edited July 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

Changelog:

Looks promising. Also, the dropdown menus should ideally stay open while using the keyboard so we could try out other options or tweaks. It would be ideal to close the menus (of the top synth areas) only on tapping the top synth areas outside their menus and not while tapping the keyboard or Mod Matrix on the bottom. This is similar to how Sunrizer works. Cubasis popups close on tapping anywhere. Or this could be made as a preference under Settings as suggested before so each user could choose their way of closing menus, like so (this would please every user):

Close menus on Tapping:

Anywhere (Cubasis style)
    Synth areas (Sunrizer style)
    Manually (SM1 style)

Hopefully, the 300 preset IAP would get included as part of v1.1 as discussed earlier :smile:

• edited July 2018

I was just watching The Last Jedi on Netflix and my synth-head thought to myself, "Oh my, that's a lot of Brass and Sawtooth and Square waveforms all through the movie!" LOL :smiley:

• @MobileMusic said:
    Close menus on Tapping:

Anywhere (Cubasis style)
    Synth areas (Sunrizer style)
    Manually (SM1 style)

Hopefully, the 300 preset IAP would get included as part of v1.1 as discussed earlier :smile:

Menus will not close if the piano view is the current hit view, fixing that in v1.1.1. I'm also changing the init preset behavior for AUv3 effect plugin so Osc1 defaults to "Audio In L" and Osc2 defaults to "Audio In R"

I will introduce IAPs in v1.2, along with preset ratings. That'll be released hopefuly first week of September.

• The new update makes the full screen AU view last a little bit longer than before on 12.9 pro2 but take care as it can be followed by a nasty ear-splitting crash which stops the audio in apeMatrix.

This discussion has been closed.