Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• edited June 2018

@MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    Guys, regarding favourites/ratings:

I guess I can add 3 or 5 star rating. and the ones that are rated max (3 or 5) appear in "favourites".

How about sharing your ratings with other users? meaning that your rating is recorded in our database (if you are registered). That way we can see which presets are everone's favourites :smile:

We had "online presets library" for SynthMaster. I am planning to have the same feature for SynthMaster One and SynthMaster One iOS as well. That might be a good place to share presets with other users.

Cheers

WOW!! That's like taking it to the next level already. I'm glad you understood its value. This synth is going places!

We can use your dB to get analytical insights into presets, their usage, ratings, etc.

Color-Coding: Suggest that you render presets with a background color based on their rating (eg: green for 5, etc) for a visual cue and instant recognition - I'm sure users will get most use out of color-coding.

5 star rating wouldn't hurt - it offers more power and flexibility with all presets getting a 1-star by default. Those who want to use only 3-star system can use 1, 3 and 5 stars and not use 2 and 4 stars. A 3-star system would offer simplicity that some users may prefer. We'll leave that design decision to you. We could filter presets by (if possible):

rating >= [stars]
    rating = [stars]
    rating <= [stars]

If you are going to display max-rated presets in Favorites, then when we update to that version, all our current Favorited presets should be marked with max star rating during the update so we do not lose our Favorites data.

• The hype is real, this synth sounds great to my ears. I love crafting sounds from wavetables so this is making me happy so far. One thing with the scrolling issues in the preset lists, its very wonky as memtioned and seems to behave differently on different size iPads. Just a short swipe on the 12.9 sweeps all the way to the bottom of the list, but doesn’t act that way on my mini and seems ok. Hope they get that sorted.

• I am totaly suprised with the saxaphonish, flutish, obo-ish sorta things i have been getting.

• @AudioGus said:
    I am totaly suprised with the saxaphonish, flutish, obo-ish sorta things i have been getting.

TEASE!

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:
    I am totaly suprised with the saxaphonish, flutish, obo-ish sorta things i have been getting.

TEASE!

Oh I think they all began by noodeling ‘LED Organic Lead’

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Carnbot said:
    For me instant crashing on 1.06 full screen AUv3 in AUM, apeMatrix and Audiobus 3
    ipad pro 12.9, but hopeful this will be fixed soon....

So far I can not reproduce this on my 12.9 inch iPad.

Unfortunately, I’ve got the crashes too in AU-mode in AUM/Audiobus 3 (doubletapping for fullscreen)...
    Other then that, Synthmaster One delivers as a addictive and powerful synth in stand alone mode (IAA)!

I’m on a iPad Pro 12.9” 2017 gen with 256GB/Celluar, and, on beta 1.06 of SM-One...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dytcxdvu7rmwviy/AABqi2SlXMUFEilsLvuLVwRZa?dl=0

• @AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

Oh yes, that is a really cool patch. I give it a solid 4.5 Blue stars!

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

• @AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

You, my friend, are operating on a next level basis. That track is downright amazing. Promise me you’ll share the final result? I’d love to hear a high quality mixdown of this.

• @AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

Yes that is a quirky and highly enjoyable track. Nice.

• @AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

Loving this!

• @AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

Inspiring. I can imagine Prince and the original cast of the Rocky Horror Show singing over this in the Mos Eisley Cantina....

• @brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

@brice said:

@AudioGus said:

TEASE!

You, my friend, are operating on a next level basis. That track is downright amazing. Promise me you’ll share the final result? I’d love to hear a high quality mixdown of this.

Yeah. Man. You’ve got a touch.

• Aww thanks folks, glad you like it, I shall share a more final one. :)

• Dude that was sweet!

@AudioGus said:
    Aww thanks folks, glad you like it, I shall share a more final one. :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

Inspiring. I can imagine Prince and the original cast of the Rocky Horror Show singing over this in the Mos Eisley Cantina....

lol, can't get that picture out of my head. :)

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Dude that was sweet!

Thanks! :heart:

• @AudioGus said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

lol, can't get that picture out of my head. :)

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Dude that was sweet!

Thanks! :heart:

Great.. the potential of BM3...

• 100% pure music joy! Sounds freaking amazing! As Mr Brice said, bring us the final results later...

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent

The layout and UI design aspects of SynthMaster One are second to none, well thought out and polished and perfected from experience!! I can give it 4.8 out of 5 for its layout and it could easily gain 5/5 after ironing out a few issues.

My earlier bugs report here:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/502024/#Comment_502024

A few more issues and suggestions:

About section does not show the current major/minor version numbers.

Add Cancel button on Create New Bank dialog.

Rating for Favorites on a scale of 1-3 (Good [default], Better and Best) or scale of 1-5 and color-coding preset background based on their rating (yellow/orange/green) for a visual cue. On tapping the star icon, it could display a little popup with Good/Better/Best options with Good marked as default already. If the preset is already marked as a Favorite, tapping on the star would unmark it as a Favorite.

Use Ratings as filters in the Browser - like the ones we have for Instrument Type, Style, Author, etc (if possible).

Ability to add Tags or assign existing Tags to presets to be able to search/filter them by common tags (if possible).

Show IAP presets in separate banks or provide an option to filter by IAP presets.

Add an ALL Presets bank with NO filters that would display all presets from all banks in one place - without having to visit each bank (suffixed by their bank name for identification). Also offer All User Presets, All IAP Presets Banks.

Graphic Meters for CPU and Voices (see: Cubasis) along with readings - maybe tiny Speedometer graphs with a needle or Bar graphs or a combination of both?

Show preset row number and Indicate favorite star, rating and color-code in the top middle preset display section.

Display the current waveform names in the UI.

On tapping a waveform button, drill down to the correct waveform in the multi-level popup menus and highlight its current waveform.

On changing preset, Mod Matrix should scroll left to mod component # 1.

Mod Matrix / Settings -> use separator lines (like in synth area above) instead of boxes to separate components for neatness.

Tapping on Source and Via items in Mod Matrix is opening the menu on far right/left from its current location incorrectly above another mod component that is misleading to which component the popup menu belongs to. Popup menus should open right above the tapped control.

After changing a value in Mod Matrix, the Source changes to white and does not change back to yellow. Maybe white indicates its changed state but why does it not change back to yellow on undoing the changes?

Show Octave switcher, Expand and Hold buttons when under Mod Matrix so we could use the other 2 keyboards.

Add an On/Off switch to each Mod Matrix component to turn it off/on without losing its settings.

Expand button => on tapping on this button, popup a menu to open:

Top keyboard
    Middle keyboard
    Bottom keyboard
    All keyboards

so we can use a keyboard and also see/use partial synth areas by displaying fewer keyboards such as no Middle or Top keyboard. This would be useful if the bottom keyboard is hidden due to selecting another section such as Mod Matrix. If more than one keyboard is currently displayed, tapping on Expand button should turn off all keyboards except the bottom one. If only the bottom keyboard is currently displayed, tapping on Expand button should display the above popup menu with keyboard options.

Why does the Volume button on the top right turn white at times?

Why are some presets memory hungry/light weight? For instance, PAD Solina Style KS is very light even thought it has 2 oscs, 1 filter, FX and many mods (does not go above 6 voices, CPU under 50% and no issues on Air 2). Other presets are crackling (eg: PAD Supernova, etc) on exceeding 6 voices, CPU above 100% and max out 16 voices!

Preset # 465 SEQ RandFM - only a couple of keys play in octave 4 while others do not play any sound.

Color the background of Oscillator and Filter tabs if they are active for a visual cue - currently, we have to tap them to see if they are active (if the Routing tab is not selected). You could add the Square Light Bulb control to the left of both tabs in these sections so each tab has its own Square Light Bulb control indicating its active status.

Tap Save button > shows the popup menu. Tap Save button again > popup menu closes. This is normal behavior.
    Switch to Browser. Tap Save button > shows the popup menu. Switch to another preset in the browser > popup menu is still visible (relates to the previous preset). Tap Save button again > popup menu does not close. Solution: Close popup menu on switching to another preset.

Pressing and holding on a note is crackling on ARP presets.

Drop down FX menu on FX items not working mostly even when its text/FX is empty (- -). How to assign FX to an empty FX slot or change the assigned FX?

Please remember to include Sax, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Flutes, Choirs/Vox and atmospheric/noise/riser sounds in your IAP.

Shekar Reddy

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:
    Revisited this today after not gelling with it at all on release. Feelings are the same. Really baffling design, like the people that made it never actually used it....

Main issues -

• windows close automatically. If I wanna audition LFO shapes it’s an absolute nightmare to open window again, find where I was, audition the next LFO. And repeat. Unusable for anyone without superhuman paience. Windows should stay open until user touches elsewhere on the ui.
    • opening mod matrix kills the playing notes. Wtf? How are you supposed to tweak mod matrix in context when you don’t have an external controller set up???
    • The mod matrix parameter knobs are ridiculously small for fine tuning and there’s no pop up window with more precise numerical digit input for value. Unusable for anything precise.

I’m sure there are more issues but these above have already made me switch it off again. Really terrible design on this synth...

To your surprise, we actually use this software that we designed. As long as you are making constructive criticism, we will do our best to resolve the issues reported. In your case I honestly feel like you are treating our software like junk, but still we will try to fix the main issues above.

Regarding mod matrix kill the notes issue: Press the hold button first so that the notes don't turn off while you are editing the mod matrix.

Regarding small knobs: when editing the knobs/sliders, MOVE AWAY from the control for FINE editing.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

Guys, hold on! Everything will be just fine with this wonderful synth!

Give the developers some time and the most annoying things will be gone forever...

• @tja said:

@jenkweb said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

This reminds me of the Kauldron hype. Massive praise so I purchased. I think it sounds like a turd with a button for random turds. I hope this succeeds though, always nice to get new ios stuff.

People seem to be quite different ;)

My cat l

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Off in a field outside of Dublin and playing this thing in the almost dark for an hour and I don’t know my oversampling from my arse let alone my elbow but it’s an absolute pleasure to noodle with and sounds all kinds of lovely. Well done developer and thank you.

I'm doing the same in the deep dark (in a poetic sense) Oxfordshire and have to say I'm linking the synth and will definitely use it more. This is despite me being completely disinterested in latest synth releases and not being a synth salivator in any sense of the word.

• I’m quite enjoying the synth too

• @supadom said:

@tja said:

@jenkweb said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

This reminds me of the Kauldron hype. Massive praise so I purchased. I think it sounds like a turd with a button for random turds. I hope this succeeds though, always nice to get new ios stuff.

People seem to be quite different ;)

My cat l

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Off in a field outside of Dublin and playing this thing in the almost dark for an hour and I don’t know my oversampling from my arse let alone my elbow but it’s an absolute pleasure to noodle with and sounds all kinds of lovely. Well done developer and thank you.

I'm doing the same in the deep dark (in a poetic sense) Oxfordshire and have to say I'm linking the synth and will definitely use it more. This is despite me being completely disinterested in latest synth releases and not being a synth salivator in any sense of the word.

Haha, I’m my usual sharp and bright self. I wasn’t talking about synthmaster one! I was talking about Audiokit Synth one (what’s with overlap naming?). Don’t know about this one. I’ll likely never find out.

Sorry @tja I didn’t type that reply. Must have been one of the cats visiting my jungle of a garden as I don’t own one myself.

• edited July 2018

@Dawdles said:
    Lol. How did this workflow stuff not bug the hell out of you in use then?!? Baffles me.. Overpriced with all these flaws. Missed my refund window sadly.. And if you're gonna hit forums then grow some thicker skin/swallow some pride when speaking to disgruntled paying customers...

I am glad you asked for your refund. As I said I am always open to constructive criticism, and I frequently hang out on forums. (I am a senior member at KVR). but your attitide is not in constructive criticism category, and I believe I have a right as a developer to criticize that biased attitude.

• The five star preset rating system that people have been suggesting here is a great and really useful idea. Sugar byte synths like cyclops have this and it’s really really useful. Ends up saving a lot of time I’m categorising your presets.

• edited July 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.