Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yep it's really versatile, arp, drum sequencer, chord sequencer, CC modulator etc :)

Have you got it working with the Ruismakers? Can't seem to get it to trigger those.

It should be pretty easy. Just set each Lane to the specific note you want for ruismaker.

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:
    Yep it's really versatile, arp, drum sequencer, chord sequencer, CC modulator etc :)

Have you got it working with the Ruismakers? Can't seem to get it to trigger those.

It should be pretty easy. Just set each Lane to the specific note you want for ruismaker.

Think I’ve sussed it, I didn’t have the GM button activated in Ruismaker.

To be honest I doubt I’ll use SPA for drums, as Rozeta has that covered, just nice to know it’s there.

• @MonzoPro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

To be honest I doubt I’ll use SPA for drums, as Rozeta has that covered, just nice to know it’s there.

Agreed on that front :)

• edited June 2018

The biggie for me with SPA is the ability to sequence long and short notes easily. Just had Mitosynth and ThumbJam producing a droney atmospheric thing. And then you can quickly change key just by pressing a note on the keyboard. Though I did have a total audio cutout at one point, and had to reboot. Probably a CPU thing.

It’s got me thinking about Apematrix now...adding some automated modulation into the mix would be a fine thing...

• @gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

True, but it has some advantages over Rozeta. for example it can have a different mappings per pattern. :)

• @Carnbot said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@gonekrazy3000 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

True, but it has some advantages over Rozeta. for example it can have a different mappings per pattern. :)

You could just use an instance of step poly arp to trigger Rosetta pattern changes....

• Is there an easy way to set all the velocity for each note to say 50%?

• @JudgeDredd said:
    Is there an easy way to set all the velocity for each note to say 50%?

As far as I know there's no easy way to set precise values but the '2 finger' line-draw(tap on first step and then last while holding down the first finger) thing works quite well. I would love to have a way to 'set' the values on the boxes (max, 100 and min) and also edit the velocities of the individual notes on the same step.

• @Samu said:

@JudgeDredd said:
    Is there an easy way to set all the velocity for each note to say 50%?

As far as I know there's no easy way to set precise values but the '2 finger' line-draw(tap on first step and then last while holding down the first finger) thing works quite well. I would love to have a way to 'set' the values on the boxes (max, 100 and min) and also edit the velocities of the individual notes on the same step.

Thank you Samu, I missed the two finger feature somewhere. This at least gets me in the region of where I would like to be.

Thanks again.

• StepPolyArp Unit is glorious. Right up there with Rozeta. Things really took a huge step forward with iOS 11 and MIDI FX AUs.

• I’m enjoying it immensely. I’m guessing there will be frustrations when I’m aiming for more precision, but for now I’m having a great time creating song snippets with ease.

It’ll get used all the time, this one.

• edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Would anybody else want the option for the arp to stop on latch mode when you stop the transport?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MonzoPro said:
    I’m enjoying it immensely. I’m guessing there will be frustrations when I’m aiming for more precision, but for now I’m having a great time creating song snippets with ease.

Glad it worked out for you. It did seem like a natural fit with what you described you wanted. Great complement to Rozeta.

• @DCJ said:
    Would anybody else want the option for the arp to stop on latch mode when you stop the transport?

I must admit, this got me the other day. I had set up 3 SPA feeding 3 synths’s, I had Rozeta cells set up to feed all three SPA’s. One of them I had inadvertently tapped the latch. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why one synth was still playing after I had stopped the transport. Then going back trough things, it hit me in the face. I really can’t think of a reason why you might want it to continue to run without transport.

• Nice micro tutorial from Laurent Colson:
    Learn how to memorize notes in "StepPolyArp Unit" sequencer mode.

• @White said:
    Nice micro tutorial from Laurent Colson:

Ok, that's pretty cool. Just moved a notch up my list. Thanks! :)

• @White said:
    Nice micro tutorial from Laurent Colson:

That's quite cool, but I do wonder if we'll ever see an option to 'record' the sequence using the keyboard as it would make note-entry a bit smoother :)

• @MonzoPro said:
    I’m enjoying it immensely. I’m guessing there will be frustrations when I’m aiming for more precision, but for now I’m having a great time creating song snippets with ease.

So glad this worked out for you @MonzoPro - didn't want to steer you wrong with the recommendation!

• @JudgeDredd glad to know I’m not alone. :D

@Dawdles exactly what Dredd mentioned is a good example. But say I’ve got an arp pattern where the first few slots are blank, I’d use latch so the the pattern doesn’t restart every time it receives a new note. Otherwise nothing would get triggered. But with latch on, and a jam going, there’s not way to stop the sequence without going into the AU and hitting latch again. When I hit stop on the transport of the host, I expect everything to stop just I would expect everything to start when I hit play. Not a dealbreaker for SPA, but just means there are certain things I wouldn’t use it for. I’ll probably message the dev but just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same first.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

Glad it worked out for you. It did seem like a natural fit with what you described you wanted. Great complement to Rozeta.

@Daveypoo said:

@MonzoPro said:

So glad this worked out for you @MonzoPro - didn't want to steer you wrong with the recommendation!

Thanks guys, and appreciate everyone’s patience in answering my questions.

• So apologies if this has been covered in the last 14 pages...

I have saved my original SPA presets to iCloud how do I access them in SPA AU?! Thanks.

• @Artefact2001 said:
    So apologies if this has been covered in the last 14 pages...

I have saved my original SPA presets to iCloud how do I access them in SPA AU?! Thanks.

You should be able to find them in the presets directly. It worked for me. Are they not showing up?

• @ALB said:

@Artefact2001 said:

You should be able to find them in the presets directly. It worked for me. Are they not showing up?

No luck so far, here they are in iCloud, but not in SPA :/

• Just got SPA triggering VST’s on the Mac via USB/Midimux. Lovely.

• edited June 2018

@Artefact2001 said:

@ALB said:

@Artefact2001 said:

No luck so far, here they are in iCloud, but not in SPA :/

Did you try ‘Setup>Storing Presets on ICloud’?i

• @RajahP That’s it! Thanks! :)

• Having too much fun with this wonderful app tonight...

“...and unhinged the dreamer became as slow mutating pulses emerged and unfolded into an existence the dreamer never considered until tonight...breathe, relax...consider the improbable and let it emerge into the light...it will be...for eternity...if you will it...”

• @echoopera said:

Well - I'd like to come round and play :smile:
    I also do the cooking. That looks nice!

On topic: I do enjoy SPA Unit since I bought it!