Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• Thanks, @wim
    I will let it on my wishlist for now.

• edited July 2018

A beautiful preset named ‘Alive’ .. just haa to tweak it a little..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7z5i30g8p16ozg6/Alive Again.arp?dl=0

• Hello ,
    With AU, it seems that velocity does not respond with my synths... is there something I am wrong ? Thank you.

• @Onfray: Don’t you mean “EVER”?

• I answer myself, in. case it can be usefull for others who don t know. Velocity seems to be configured within the synth ( I have checked that with Model D and Poison) so it will work if it is configured.

• ok so, i took a couple days to read through this whole thread. I'm way into this way of working and think this may be for me. @echoopera as you are all about KEW right now I wanted to ask ... are you still finding SPA useful, exciting, etc. @MonzoPro you?

I don't need another flash-in-the-pan purchase. But this one seems really ... special. PS - I really dig your track Between the Signal and the Flame.

• edited September 2018

@kinkujin said:
    ok so, i took a couple days to read through this whole thread. I'm way into this way of working and think this may be for me. @echoopera as you are all about KEW right now I wanted to ask ... are you still finding SPA useful, exciting, etc. @MonzoPro you?

I don't need another flash-in-the-pan purchase. But this one seems really ... special. PS - I really dig your track Between the Signal and the Flame.

Using SPA with KEW has been a whole lot of FUN.

• @echoopera Thanks for the response.
    1) A question that I saw asked several times but not answered in the thread (I don't think) is can you use external keyboard to enter notes or must you use on screen?

2) Would Korg NanoKey Controller (bluetooth) work for number 1) question above?

Thanks!

• @kinkujin said:
    @echoopera Thanks for the response.
    1) A question that I saw asked several times but not answered in the thread (I don't think) is can you use external keyboard to enter notes or must you use on screen?

Thanks!

Let me look into that later today with my nanokey studio setup.

• @echoopera said:

@kinkujin said:

Thanks!

Look forward to your report Captain.

• edited September 2018

@kinkujin said:

Thanks!

Do you ask for StepPolyArp or KEW?
    In SPA you can play notes with NanoKontrolStudio but ARP and Sequenzer you set with the screen.

In KEW you can play notes and chords with NanoKontrolStudio while real-time recording but for step sequencing you need the touchscreen. I found no way to set the step notes with a keyboard (touch or usb/Bluetooth)

NanoKontrolStudio works fine with KEW - IMO 😊

• Yep as @chandroji indicated. Using external keys allows you to play notes but arp setting is just on screen UI

• @chandroji said:

@kinkujin said:

Thanks!

Do you ask for StepPolyArp or KEW?
    In SPA you can play notes with NanoKontrolStudio but ARP and Sequenzer you set with the screen.

In KEW you can play notes and chords with NanoKontrolStudio while real-time recording but for step sequencing you need the touchscreen. I found no way to set the step notes with a keyboard (touch or usb/Bluetooth)

NanoKontrolStudio works fine with KEW - IMO 😊

I was asking strictly about use with SPA as I don't own KEW. Thanks!

• edited September 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@echoopera said:

@kinkujin said:

Thanks!

Look forward to your report Captain.

Me too. Thank you! And as @chandroji also reported on this. Thanks to you both.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kinkujin said:
    ok so, i took a couple days to read through this whole thread. I'm way into this way of working and think this may be for me. @echoopera as you are all about KEW right now I wanted to ask ... are you still finding SPA useful, exciting, etc. @MonzoPro you?

SPA is great if you’re using AUM and AU’s. I use multiple instances of SPA to trigger synths, complimented by Rozeta driving rhythm apps.

Good app.

• @echoopera said:

@kinkujin said:

Using SPA with KEW has been a whole lot of FUN.

How are you doing that? Are you just using SPA to trigger other synths in AUM, and using KEW as an IAA? Acronym overload....

Or is there some amazing way of connecting SPA to KEW I don’t know about yet?

• I just setup both in AUM and point the Midi Channels in SPA to KEW and set Midi to Advanced in KEW.

Synths 1-8 are Midi Channels 1-8
    I believe the drums in KEW are 10...but it might be 9...can’t recall.

• @echoopera said:
    I just setup both in AUM and point the Midi Channels in SPA to KEW and set Midi to Advanced in KEW.

Synths 1-8 are Midi Channels 1-8
    I believe the drums in KEW are 10...but it might be 9...can’t recall.

Oh blimey, right....I’ll try that later!

• purchased. Play tonight and can't wait.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kinkujin said:
    purchased. Play tonight and can't wait.

Load up a few synths, a few SPA instances to control them with slightly different sequences, hit play and enjoy.

Then assign the AUM keyboard to each SPA instance, and trigger instant key changes.

• I> @Dawdles said:

@kinkujin said:

It’s a good’un :)

@MonzoPro said:

@kinkujin said:

Load up a few synths, a few SPA instances to control them with slightly different sequences, hit play and enjoy.

Then assign the AUM keyboard to each SPA instance, and trigger instant key changes.

I feel like now I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous at this point, so tonight will be quite fun. Routings and so on don't intimidate as much so now i can see the possibilties of this more. ApeMatrix was a big help in that and now AUM will be indispensible. Thanks for the help ya'll.

• Having fun using SPA to drive KEW:

• Moody and a touch melancholy...loverly.

• This thing has note subdivisions! Fanriffic! I did not read that. Wow!

• I see SPA as an advanced version of rozeta arpeggiator. I dont use it as much as i should because i still use (and love) xynthesizr as a sequencer despite no au capabilities. But when i do use spa i get enamored and thoroughly enjoy it.

• edited September 2018

@99476598326 said:
    I see SPA as an advanced version of rozeta arpeggiator. I dont use it as much as i should because i still use (and love) xynthesizr as a sequencer despite no au capabilities. But when i do use spa i get enamored and thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm hoping that xynthesizr gets some update. But, it's still great. I am now completely blotto about SPA and I can already see it changing the way I work, or severely supplementing the way I work. Too soon to tell as I have had my thinking revolutionized by the possibilities on ios so many times in the past few months. Brilliant time to be a musician. wow

• Yeah i lov SPA. It just takes compositions into a new domain which i love discovering. It’s always a surprise to my ears and heart.

• @kinkujin said:

@99476598326 said:
    I see SPA as an advanced version of rozeta arpeggiator. I dont use it as much as i should because i still use (and love) xynthesizr as a sequencer despite no au capabilities. But when i do use spa i get enamored and thoroughly enjoy it.

I'm hoping that xynthesizr gets some update. But, it's still great. I am now completely blotto about SPA and I can already see it changing the way I work, or severely supplementing the way I work. Too soon to tell as I have had my thinking revolutionized by the possibilities on ion so many times in the past few months. Brilliant time to be a musician. wow

i highly doubt Yuri will update it again. as long as it stays in the store ill be pleased. its a wonderful sequencer.