Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WWDC - so its hallelujah day today

1356

Comments

  • This will be very welcome, assuming it happens, and applies to iPads too:

    “Older phones will see vast performance increases with the new software, it said. It had focused particularly on those phones, which have often drastically slowed down when new operating systems are released.”

    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ios-12-iphone-new-software-update-latest-features-ipad-performance-a8383261.html

  • @eddielovesyou said:
    Setting the stage for MacBooks with touchscreens, I'm guessing.

    not before they get 3D Touch working on big displays > @rrc2soft said:

    @Samu said:
    Boooring! Can't even find any interesting sessions in the full schedule...
    https://developer.apple.com/wwdc/schedule/

    Oh, I know, let's make more stupid Animojis!!!

    No music sessions anywhere, only labs :s .

    5070

  • I figured there’d be next to no music creation news in the keynote but hoped for maybe a little GarageBand update in the App Store afterwards. No dice, I guess.

    Seems like the downloadable sound packs should be more frequent, IMO.

    I’d also like a “master track” available like the desktop version.

  • All that imaginary build up and excitement just to be handed a glass of cool vinegar!
    I’m being over dramatic because at least it makes me feel alive

  • @syrupcore said:
    From https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/04/live-from-wwdc-2018/

    10:43 am Voice Memo app reworked, and coming to the iPad for the first time.

    But still no native Calculator app on the iPad, LOL

  • edited June 2018

    @Beathoven said:

    @eddielovesyou said:
    Ability to port iOS apps to macOS in 2019

    Making it easier to port the other way would probably benefit me more, but I guess it’s not about me.

    iOS is a subset of macOS (and then some) and so, it is impossible to port apps the other way (macOS => iOS)
    tvOS and watchOS are a subset of iOS (and maybe some more)

  • edited June 2018

    .

  • so new ipads in fall with that Neural engine

  • @Max23 said:
    so new ipads in fall with that Neural engine

    Haven’t they frayed our nerves enough

  • @Arpseechord said:

    @Max23 said:
    so new ipads in fall with that Neural engine

    Haven’t they frayed our nerves enough

    no, we are missing mickey & goofy

  • @MonzoPro said:
    This will be very welcome, assuming it happens, and applies to iPads too:

    “Older phones will see vast performance increases with the new software, it said. It had focused particularly on those phones, which have often drastically slowed down when new operating systems are released.”

    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ios-12-iphone-new-software-update-latest-features-ipad-performance-a8383261.html

    I love how excited we get for "improvements" to things they messed up.

  • If performance improvements are made on macOS, Dark Mode is worth upgrading. Not sure why they waited on it for decades? Time to bring back those black MacBooks (I still have one from 2007 in my trunk) for matching colors :smile:

  • edited June 2018

    .

  • Everything was a ZZZzzzzzz - sleeping pill.... ZZZzzzzzzzz.....

  • @SpookyZoo said:

    @ErrkaPetti said:
    Todays n:o one release in WWDC18 will be Affinity Designer from Serif Ltd...

    Now I’m didsapointed this didn’t happen.

    Yeah... Nooooo... :-(
    Hmmm... It must be a new line of iPads around the corner that will be released simultaneously...

  • A whole thread of users that are about to switch to Android what with all the complaining about Apple ? I just don’t get why people here don’t stop using Apple with so much hate on all the threads. Just don’t use their products. Simple

  • @universe said:
    A whole thread of users that are about to switch to Android what with all the complaining about Apple ? I just don’t get why people here don’t stop using Apple with so much hate on all the threads. Just don’t use their products. Simple

    they wanted to see the new shiny, but only got software :D

  • @Max23 said:

    @universe said:
    A whole thread of users that are about to switch to Android what with all the complaining about Apple ? I just don’t get why people here don’t stop using Apple with so much hate on all the threads. Just don’t use their products. Simple

    they wanted to see the new shiny, but only got software :D

    Seeing as it was a software developers event um that was probably not unexpected

  • @lukesleepwalker said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    This will be very welcome, assuming it happens, and applies to iPads too:

    “Older phones will see vast performance increases with the new software, it said. It had focused particularly on those phones, which have often drastically slowed down when new operating systems are released.”

    https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/ios-12-iphone-new-software-update-latest-features-ipad-performance-a8383261.html

    I love how excited we get for "improvements" to things they messed up.

    Crumbs from the table.

  • @Max23 said:
    meet for snacks here.

    Wasn’t much snacks from apple, so thanx.
    I don’t want a new macOS, I want drivers for the last one...
    Apple is updating faster then 3rd party developers can handle

  • edited June 2018

    @ErrkaPetti said:
    Everything was a ZZZzzzzzz - sleeping pill.... ZZZzzzzzzzz.....

    I thought for a minute I had swallowed my wife’s sleeping pills... instead of my ABCD-Vitamin

  • The crowd was enthusiastic enough.... californication

  • If those performance increases materiaize for us that’s pretty good news though. It means they added at least another year of usable life to all current devices. That’s something, right?

  • At least they featured Audiobus prominently on the "grid of apps" at the beginning, wonder why that hasn't been mentioned at all! :)

  • Every year the same thing, and people expect to hear something different. iOS devices are designed for many purposes, with music-making miles down the list. Accept it or be forever frustrated. And until some company makes a mobile device that's better for what we do, enjoy what's possible on iPads and iPhones.

  • @Looping_Loddar said:
    What i found remarkable:

    • starting/closing of apps up to 40 percent faster
    • ARKit 2 (i told you so...)
    • AI/personalisation in spotlight - more spotlight suggestions
    • AI in photos app: "For you" suggests photos for you
    • Siri improvements, and yes, more AI for Siri (suggesting apps etc.)
    • new app "shortcuts"
    • improvement for news app - can be concentrated to trustworthy origins
    • improved stocks app integrates news app
    • digital wellness/screen time/app limits/child control
    • more animojis, new memojis
    • groupchats for facetime (incl. animojis and memojis)
    • name for new Mac OS: "Mojave"
    • galeries in finder with file previews
    • voice memo syncs via iCloud with end-2-end-encryption
    • better privacy controls (still possible in iOS and Mac OS: if you have installed facebook app and whatsapp, then facebook can read and transmit your whatsapp communication before it gets encrypted via app2app communication - with other words: you still have no privacy at all if you use the facebook app)
    • better tracking protection within Safari (for IOS and Mac OS)
    • new Mac OS app store with patronizing AI suggestions instead of better search functions or better categorisation (small developers will hate it) - new rating/review API (this is good if you ask me)
    • better metal / metal API
    • AI: "create ML" for better/faster training of machine learning data bases
    • 2019 or 2020 portability of iOS apps for Mac will improve

    Final thought: The WWDC2018 should be named: "The desert"...

    Thanks for the summary Looping_Loddar... very helpful for anyone that didn't watch.

    It was a presentation for developers.

    Sometimes they introduce new products but with Mac OS, tvOS, watch OS and our favorite IOS they have seem to have enough hardware to develop on. The capabilities between platforms is where most of the work is going. Running IOS Apps on my MacBook might be useful.

    I discovered how powerful IDAM is when I wanted to play a Piano Product that I needed to record on my MacBook Pro. Worked like a dream and I'm sure I just scratched the surface with whatt IDAM can do for me with 2 IOS devices on hand (tho' 1 of them is probably too old to work but I could plug it into the mic port).

    Makes me feel better about the iPad 2018 I bought in early May tho' cause I was afraid a new 12" Pro would be announced today and make me cringe.

  • @SevenSystems said:
    At least they featured Audiobus prominently on the "grid of apps" at the beginning, wonder why that hasn't been mentioned at all! :)

    That's very cool. I must be blind though. Still not seeing it here. Or was it a different grid of apps?

    @Masanga said:
    Spot the music app in the stage backdrop:

  • @syrupcore: It was definitely visible during the live stream, in the upper right corner. However, they've put up the wrong "Watch the keynote" link now, showing some strange mini-event from Chicago. Oh dear... they'll probably fix it soon or someone will upload it to YouTube.

  • There was movement. The Audiobus icon slided slowly right out of the frame. Saw it too. In fact it was the first thing i saw of wwdc
    No iPads. Booh , but whatever...

Sign In or Register to comment.