Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

WWDC - so its hallelujah day today

Comments

• @powerobject said:

@universe said:
    Intua had a free million dollar advertising spot at the conference. Apple knows a good developer when they see one. Good on them. They deserve it. @mathieugarcia

Not so much as a million dollar campaign. Maybe a couple of thousand bucks of advertising at best if anything. DJ Pro 2 had a better visibility and advertising at the event but still not a million dollar campaign's worth. The effect of advertising does not convert from just one spot - it needs a lot of frequency, remarketing and repeated ads before users notice it and act on the call.

It was a figure of speech as opposed to hard figures :)

• @universe said:

You must live in a parrallel universe.
    >

That is a tempting thought. ;)

The social media generation is scared shitless of offending anyone ? Huh? It’s the complete opposite where anyone says whatever they like about anything or anyone in part due to the annonimity.<

No, sir or madam, you are mistaking trolls and monkey spankers, for the majority, who have succeeded in getting the likes of YouTube to ban what does not fit their agenda.

Have a lovely day!

• @Zen210507 said:

@universe said:

You must live in a parrallel universe.
    >

That is a tempting thought. ;)

The social media generation is scared shitless of offending anyone ? Huh? It’s the complete opposite where anyone says whatever they like about anything or anyone in part due to the annonimity.<

No, sir or madam, you are mistaking trolls and monkey spankers, for the majority, who have succeeded in getting the likes of YouTube to ban what does not fit their agenda.

Have a lovely day!

The internet is a very large place and doesn’t revolve solely around advertiser funded platforms like YouTube. People have many means in order to say whatever they like. And do.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @universe said:

I have my money on trusting that Apple know what they’re doing much more than anyone else here. When some guys on this forum can show they are world class soft and hardware engineers rather than whiny complainers on any step that Apple takes, then I’ll certainly listen.

There’s a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and certainly not just from the amazing devs that frequent it. For the most part, you have no idea what their backgrounds are. We could all do well to listen to all contributors here, whether we agree with their opinions or not.

• The most important thing is that Memoji is available in a static way (of course) in iOS on my iPhone 8 and not a iPhone X only :wink: :smiley:

No to be honest I think this was really a performance Update and I hope some of the annoying stuff is gone / will be gone too.

• @brambos said:

I know right. People are always like "I don't want those silly new features, I wish they'd just fix their current OS". And that's exactly what they did and now those same people are like "yawn, such a boring keynote. Where is the new stuff?". :D

This.

• @Beathoven said:

@universe said:

I have my money on trusting that Apple know what they’re doing much more than anyone else here. When some guys on this forum can show they are world class soft and hardware engineers rather than whiny complainers on any step that Apple takes, then I’ll certainly listen.

There’s a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and certainly not just from the amazing devs that frequent it. For the most part, you have no idea what their backgrounds are. We could all do well to listen to all contributors here, whether we agree with their opinions or not.

Agreed but my point still stands. Particularly since there was a thread somewhere where people actually did state what their day time jobs were etc. and in light of that again I would rather listen to what Apple says.
    There is usually a solid reason behind their decisions. Yes in part financially motivated but are they not entitled too? It’s their business.we are not forced to buy. Developers are not forced to create on this platform. But most do as they maximise profits on this platform over others.

And please don’t put words in my mouth regarding developers. I am the first one to support the dedication and hard work they put into their passion. And most certainly was not referring to them.

• @Dawdles said:

@universe said:

@Zen210507 said:

@universe said:
    A whole thread of users that are about to switch to Android what with all the complaining about Apple ? I just don’t get why people here don’t stop using Apple with so much hate on all the threads. Just don’t use their products. Simple

>

What you don’t get is that people like to discuss Apple, the good and the bad. We used to be able to do that, and in the process provide feedback. No one here hates Apple, and no one making IOS based music would even consider going to the mess that is Android.

It’s only since (anti) social media manufactured a generation scared shitless of offending anyone, that robust discussion became more difficult. ;)

What YOU don’t get is that yes there have been many messages on this forum from people absolutely desecrating Apple on every level imaginable. If I had the time i would dig them out. There’s a huge difference beteeen that and a sound discussion.

The irony is that half of these people were probably the ones who said the iPad was going to fail and no one would buy it as it was just a large iPhone. Probably the same people that before that said the iPhone was going to flop as it had no keyboard and was too expensive, and who would use a phone without a keyboard. And look what happened next.

Your next point is void too. You must live in a parrallel universe. The social media generation is scared shitless of offending anyone ? Huh? It’s the complete opposite where anyone says whatever they like about anything or anyone in part due to the annonimity.

Think what you will but there's plenty to complain about regarding ios and producing music on an iPad. If all the killer ios apps were available on Surface it would be game over for me. It's the 3rd party devs that make ios worth the frustration and hassle. Not Apple. Apple just make everything fundamentally harder than it needs to be in order to guard or maximise their walled garden and profits...

Everyone with complaints paid the same money you did for their products/experience and they're just as entitled to an a opinion, dunno why it bums you out so much tbh? Who cares what other people think really? It's just conversation and doesn't affect your own use. If you're totally happy with apple and ios then just enjoy and go make music..

Agreed. I shouldn’t care. But every now and again I chime in as I get tired of listening to all the bitching. And feel that someone should argue the case for the innovation that Apple provides. I paid my money too as you say. So I am just as entitled. People are never happy. If it wasn’t for Apple this forum would not even exist because there would be no iPad no iPhone and no music mobile production.

• @universe said:

@Beathoven said:

@universe said:

Agreed but my point still stands. Particularly since there was a thread somewhere where people actually did state what their day time jobs were etc. and in light of that again I would rather listen to what Apple says.
    There is usually a solid reason behind their decisions. Yes in part financially motivated but are they not entitled too? It’s their business.we are not forced to buy. Developers are not forced to create on this platform. But most do as they maximise profits on this platform over others.

And please don’t put words in my mouth regarding developers. I am the first one to support the dedication and hard work they put into their passion. And most certainly was not referring to them.

I haven’t put any words in your mouth regarding developers. I was merely making a point that it’s worth listening to everyone’s opinions on this forum, not just the ones who are actively making music apps.

• edited June 2018

@CrazySynthMan said:

@MonzoPro said:

Well they did slow them down. That’s a fact. Whether it was done deliberately to generate sales of new devices is something we’ll never know

It was done when certain iPhone models reported poor and/or failing battery health.

Apple should have explained the issue better when it was first implemented, and there wouldn't have been as much outrage and ignorance about it, but what they did makes logical sense imo.

It’s been an issue since iOS 8, which screwed up a load of devices and left owners of older machines unable to return to the sweet spot of iOS 7.

As for ‘ignorance’, my Air 2 and SE have both suffered battery issues since updating to iOS 11, despite switching off a whole bunch of functionality I’d happily enjoyed before.

Apple can stick their fancy emoticons where the sun don’t shine, I just want a device that runs my apps without crackling or melting into my lap.

• @universe said:
    The internet is a very large place and doesn’t revolve solely around advertiser funded platforms like YouTube.

>

Good lord, who knew! :D

But less faciciously, and back OT, Apple is very clearly a different company today, than in the past. Especially in terms of its iPhone uber alles direction.

I no longer trust Apple to make hardware that ‘just works’ because of things such as;

The trash can Mac Pro (failed design)

Mac Mini’s with soldered in RAM chips, the only purpose of which is to force customers to buy highly overpriced Apple RAM at point of sale.

The crappy butterfly keyboard (now subject of a lawsuit), the touch bar no one wanted, plus removing ports and safety features on MacBooks.

The iPad pencil that charges by stuffing it into the lightning port, which is ‘couldn’t care less’ design.

It’s all still better than Microsoft, who have never even managed to make a quality browser. But Apple could be so much more innovative, if the will and imagination was still there. Sadly, it is emojis that occupy their minds, these days. :'(

• edited June 2018

@MonzoPro said:
    As for ‘ignorance’, my Air 2 and SE have both suffered battery issues since updating to iOS 11, despite switching off a whole bunch of functionality I’d happily enjoyed before.

That sucks, but it's not the norm. I have the same iOS devices. No probs. At all.

I think I charge my SE once every three days or so.

I don't have FB though. 😉

• @Beathoven said:

@universe said:

@Beathoven said:

@universe said:

I haven’t put any words in your mouth regarding developers. I was merely making a point that it’s worth listening to everyone’s opinions on this forum, not just the ones who are actively making music apps.

Fair point. Agreed.

• @MonzoPro said:

@CrazySynthMan said:

@MonzoPro said:

Well they did slow them down. That’s a fact. Whether it was done deliberately to generate sales of new devices is something we’ll never know

It was done when certain iPhone models reported poor and/or failing battery health.

Apple should have explained the issue better when it was first implemented, and there wouldn't have been as much outrage and ignorance about it, but what they did makes logical sense imo.

It’s been an issue since iOS 8, which screwed up a load of devices and left owners of older machines unable to return to the sweet spot of iOS 7.

Apple can stick their fancy emoticons where the sun don’t shine, I just want a device that runs my apps without crackling or melting into my lap.

I can assure you the engineering and iOS software teams are not the same teams developing the emoticons ;)

• @Zen210507 said:

@universe said:
    The internet is a very large place and doesn’t revolve solely around advertiser funded platforms like YouTube.

>

Good lord, who knew! :D

But less faciciously, and back OT, Apple is very clearly a different company today, than in the past. Especially in terms of its iPhone uber alles direction.

I no longer trust Apple to make hardware that ‘just works’ because of things such as;

The trash can Mac Pro (failed design)

Mac Mini’s with soldered in RAM chips, the only purpose of which is to force customers to buy highly overpriced Apple RAM at point of sale.

The crappy butterfly keyboard (now subject of a lawsuit), the touch bar no one wanted, plus removing ports and safety features on MacBooks.

The iPad pencil that charges by stuffing it into the lightning port, which is ‘couldn’t care less’ design.

It’s all still better than Microsoft, who have never even managed to make a quality browser. But Apple could be so much more innovative, if the will and imagination was still there. Sadly, it is emojis that occupy their minds, these days. :'(

I’m pretty certain the engineering team are not the same team who make the emojis so their efforts are not being redistributed don’t worry.

The Apple pencil takes seconds to charge. Doesn’t require any additional cables by utilising the inbuilt iPad connection. If that’s the extent of your quibbles I’d say Apple are doing a fine job there.

I’m not going to go through all the other points as really it’s all subjective. You’re never going to please everyone. But looking back on apple’s past with rose tinted glasses is remapping histrionics. They have made many mistakes in the past where people were up in arms over various perceived issues from the chips they used to the slow upgrades to the nonupgradeable hardware. This isn’t anything new. So I’m not clear how Apple are a ‘very different company today’.

• @universe said:

So I’m not clear how Apple are a ‘very different company today’.
    >

Alas, I am unable to make it any clearer.

• @Dawdles said:
    It's the 3rd party devs that make ios worth the frustration and hassle. Not Apple.

Amen to that ! BUT Apple provide the tools and devices these devs use, without these tools and devices the devs wouldn't be able to do what they do.....one cannot exist without the other !

• Very pleased to see a focus on performance improvements and stability. Exactly what the platform needs.

• edited June 2018

The ultimate first world problem: My phone just doesn’t have the right Animoji to selfie-splain our new doggie hat. #GodBlessTheChild

• So there wont be any new announcements during wwdc? In other words definitely no new ipad pro until who knows?

• So iOS apps Running on Mac in 2019? Interesting... how will this influence iOS pricing? Thinking of Audiodamage Mac OS version 80€ iOS version without the zero (8€)...

• @david_2017 said:
    So iOS apps Running on Mac in 2019? Interesting... how will this influence iOS pricing? Thinking of Audiodamage Mac OS version 80€ iOS version without the zero (8€)...

They won't be running just like that. It has to be a Mac build. For now anyway.

• @david_2017 said:
    So iOS apps Running on Mac in 2019?

No, that's not exactly what they said. They said they are making it easier to port iOS apps directly to MacOS. They're still two separate apps, which need to be made and published by the developer on both platforms.

• @brambos said:

@david_2017 said:
    So iOS apps Running on Mac in 2019?

No, that's not exactly what they said. They said they are making it easier to port iOS apps directly to MacOS. They're still two separate apps, which need to be made and published by the developer on both platforms.

Ah I see, we thought about that and discussed... we came up with the idea, that there could be a special kind of upgrade fee one can pay to enable the mac running, or some kind of "ultra universal" for iPhone, iPad and mac os.
    Then I got Tim wrong.

• 2nd biggest takeaway. Seeing the animoji version of Tim Cook highlights how fundamentally ageist all animojis are. Gray-haired cherub. Creep Factor: 11.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    2nd biggest takeaway. Seeing the animoji version of Tim Cook highlights how fundamentally ageist all animojis are. Gray-haired cherub. Creep Factor: 11.

>

Surely, if it’s an emoji of Tim Cook, it’s a grey-haired gay SJW cherub, and therefore composed entirely of virtue signalling delight. :D