Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• to me all aesthetics should be in the sound the instrument makes, nothing else matters.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @[Deleted User] said:
    to me all aesthetics should be in the sound the instrument makes, nothing else matters.

I vote for sound and aesthetics. We are sensual beings - I personally fire on more than one cylinder. Great visual design can enhance ease of use and appeal. Thereby making the user (this user at least) want to come back and dig in again.

• Lack of attention to aesthetics gave us the cakewalk spreadsheet. They never recovered 💀

• @realdawei said:
    Lack of attention to aesthetics gave us the cakewalk spreadsheet.

Sometimes done on purpose, like with the questionable trend of "Brutalist Web Design"...
    http://brutalistwebsites.com/

• Drambo already looks perfectly aesthetic to me but as long as it doesn't crackle and pop I'm not that fussed.

• My love goes to NI :)

• I think the placement and size (and color) of knobs will go a long way toward making different modules stand out - I've never used vcvrack and have only seen the various Mutable Instruments modules on modulargrid but I immediately picked out Clouds and Rings in that screenshot, for example.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    My love goes to NI :)

Not bad :)

Waves on iOS isn’t too shabby either

• Yes> @giku_beepstreet said:

My love goes to NI :)

Good, this approach seems to be a good fit for your app.

• @realdawei said:

Waves on iOS isn’t too shabby either

After installing the Pro-Q 2 AUv3 every EQ without a live-histogram feels like a big boohoo....
    (Waves Q10 could use one for sure).

• edited July 2018

It is said: “music is the only art-form we cannot see” having some 'beautiful' visual to go with it (music/sound) is only a good thing for me.

We are talking about apps, but take music videos for example, how many hit songs were made 'hit songs' because of the visual aid/help of the video..
    Yeah sounds good on the radio, but that video maaaaaaaan! (Feelings)

Similar with apps, if all my apps looked like msdos or were all black and white or were all just 2 dimensional flat boring interfaces, truss me, I wouldn’t even have them to talk about, unless that was the norm and we had no choice. But it’s not the norm, and we do have choices.

Remember SynthMaster Player's look when it first came to iOS..
    Now look at it, don’t hear interface complaints anymore.
    And for me when I load SMP up, the interface (psychologically) makes the app sound better (although it sounds exactly the same it reality)

“What one person desires, isn’t necessarily what another desires, but the desire is there, and needs to be fulfilled”.

King

—————

“... needs to be fulfilled” within that person.

• @giku_beepstreet knows what he’s doing. I have no advice to give. Just very excited for this release.

• My love about GUI goes to this:

• @KING777 said:
    It is said: “music is the only art-form we cannot see” having some 'beautiful' visual to go with it (music/sound) is only a good thing for me.

We are talking about apps, but take music videos for example, how many hit songs were made 'hit songs' because of the visual aid/help of the video..

Similar with apps, if all my apps looked like msdos or were all black and white or were all just 2 dimensional flat boring interfaces, truss me, I wouldn’t even have them to talk about, unless that was the norm and we had no choice. But it’s not the norm, and we do have choices.

And for me when I load SMP up, the interface (psychologically) makes the app sound better (although it sounds exactly the same it reality)

“What one person desires, isn’t necessarily what another desires, but the desire is there, and needs to be fulfilled”.

King

I'm just into the sound really.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@KING777 said:

King

Cool! 👊🏼

———

But we (myself included) must never forget that others have dreams n desires n reasons too.

I have faith in @giku_beepstreet, but no man is an island.

Each one, teach one!

✌🏼

King

• @KING777 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@KING777 said:

King

Cool!

But we (myself included) must never forget that others have dreams n desires n reasons too.

✌🏼

King

Peace dude :smile: I live on a desert island and have gone a little mad hence posting on forums. Don't mind me.

• edited July 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@KING777 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@KING777 said:

King

Cool!

>

Each one, teach one!

✌🏼

King

Peace dude :smile: I live on a desert island and have gone a little mad hence posting on forums. Don't mind me.

We’re good man, all is well, truss. ✌🏼

———

@giku_beepstreet you make some brilliant apps, continue using your gift (or one of) in this way, we appreciate it.

👌🏼

King

• Beepstreet has proven himself with Zeeon, so I don't care how this looks, but I will say I won't buy something from an unknown developer if it looks ugly. For reference, I'm also the same guy who couldn't use Patterning 2 (beta test) until the drab new colors could be replaced with the original palette. GUI goes a long way for me.

• @gusgranite said:
    @giku_beepstreet knows what he’s doing. I have no advice to give. Just very excited for this release.

True and my participation wasn't meant to imply otherwise. I'm pretty excited about Drambo too.

• @kinkujin said:

@gusgranite said:
    @giku_beepstreet knows what he’s doing. I have no advice to give. Just very excited for this release.

True and my participation wasn't meant to imply otherwise. I'm pretty excited about Drambo too.

Sorry, I sounded a bit pompous. :blush:

I hadn’t had my cup of tea...

The back and forth is all good and why we check back in to this forum. Just don’t distract @giku_beepstreet too much! Lol 😝

• edited July 2018

Btw: “... apps looked like msdos or were all black and white or were all just 2 dimensional flat boring interfaces...” - was absolutely nothing to do with DRambo or any beepstreet app (or any apps in particular) it’s just some reference points for illustrational purposes.

Cool

King

—————

I’m constantly re-reading my post to make sure they come across as intended..

• Coming along nicely..

King

• @gusgranite said:

@kinkujin said:

@gusgranite said:

Sorry, I sounded a bit pompous. :blush:

I hadn’t had my cup of tea...

The back and forth is all good and why we check back in to this forum. Just don’t distract @giku_beepstreet too much! Lol 😝

No, not at all and I didn't take it that way. All good friend. :)

• What you see is just a conceptual UI, but I bet it wont differ too much in the final version. Testing dark background mode.

• edited July 2018

@giku_beepstreet said:
    What you see is just a conceptual UI, but I bet it wont differ too much in the final version. Testing dark background mode.

Yep!

—————

Btw: those ^ screen grabs were for peeps who haven’t or won’t click the Dropbox links to the vids.

King

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    What you see is just a conceptual UI, but I bet it wont differ too much in the final version. Testing dark background mode.

Dark background mode would be nice I think. Hope it works out

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Great news! Already looks pretty darn good!

• @Dawdles said:

Sorry but yeah, can see what’s going on in that vcvrack pic, that’s a big part of its appeal to me personally. Everything is right in front of me, can see what sequencers are sequencing what modules, which lfos are modulating which modules, the audio routing, Mults, can instantly swap a cable source or destination and try anything that comes to mind....can’t think of a better solution really than to have connections visible :/ But on an iPad workflow maybe it’s not so simple as that and there’s a better way to find an overall balance.

I wish VCVRack worked on ipad. I don't use it because I don't like mousing it. It would be amazing on the touchscreen.

This discussion has been closed.