Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• I used my jump to conclusions mat ;)

:D okok

• @supadom said:

@papertiger said:
    @bcrichards IT WORKS IN PORTRAIT MODE ON THE PHONE?!/!/! 😳😳😳

I thought portrait was default on an iPhone. Anyways, works both ways ;)

It’s not, that’s why I sat up and said, “WHAT?!”

So many apps only work in landscape. So many. 😓 I should know since I commute everyday on the metro and almost never get a seat, so I’m always on the prowl for good ones. Gadget and Koala are solid portrait mode apps but some Gadget UI elements are tiny tiny.

I’m even more excited than I was before.

@giku_beepstreet whatever you need - pizza, coffee, beer, babysitting, four three two one Loco - whatever! 🥳

• AHHHH portrait yesssss, omg. I mean it's awesome it works both ways. Ok cool. I mean yeah ideally I'd have the acreage of an iPad but it's just not in the cards right now. This is fantastic, jeeze.... @bcrichards again man you are a saint with what you're sharing.

• @iammane said:

I used my jump to conclusions mat ;)

• all praise be unto @giku_beepstreet for creating this wonderful tool. The beta-testers shall become the app-less... or worse....be doomed to Android.

• DAMN'BRO DRAMB-OH

• @papertiger said:

Looks fairly usable I think.

• @bcrichards said:
    all praise be unto @giku_beepstreet for creating this wonderful tool. The beta-testers shall become the app-less... or worse....be doomed to Android.

Thanks a lot for the videos. Essential!.

Do you have a video that demonstrate how Drambo will interact with other apps (for example in AUM) ?

• @cuscolima

They are all unlisted right now so the only place you can find them is far back in this thread.

• edited February 2020

how works automation ? Let's say, i add filter and i want to automate cutoff from host App - does parameter of added module instantly appear in host app or there is some predefined set of "macro" knobs in Drambo, to which you assign modela parameter, which are then possible to automate from host app ?

• @papertiger said:

@supadom said:

@papertiger said:

I thought portrait was default on an iPhone. Anyways, works both ways ;)

It’s not, that’s why I sat up and said, “WHAT?!”

So many apps only work in landscape. So many. 😓 I should know since I commute everyday on the metro and almost never get a seat, so I’m always on the prowl for good ones. Gadget and Koala are solid portrait mode apps but some Gadget UI elements are tiny tiny.

I’m even more excited than I was before.

@giku_beepstreet whatever you need - pizza, coffee, beer, babysitting, four three two one Loco - whatever! 🥳

Ah wow. The only iPhone app I ever properly used was impaktor and that’s portrait so thought that was the default.

Must be quite frustrating

• @dendy currently you can modulate parameters externally through CC. So you should be able to send midi cc from external midi track to Drambo, yeah?

Something for @giku_beepstreet to consider though.

• edited February 2020

only CC ? That's unfortunate, it means no automation in NS... That is game changer for me, without automation it's useless for me :-(( Still will buy it, but i was hoping it will be my go-synth no.2 in my projects, but without automation ... :((

@giku_beepstreet what about some generic, let's say 16 "macro" knobs which will be exposed as AU parameters to host app, and to which will be possible to assign parameter of any module ? For sake of simplicity just simple 1:1 mapping ...

• @dendy said:
    only CC ? That's unfortunate, it means no automation in NS... That is game changer for me, without automation it's useless for me :-(( Still will buy it, but i was hoping it will be my go-synth no.2 in my projects, but without automation ... :((

@giku_beepstreet what about some generic, let's say 16 "macro" knobs which will be exposed as AU parameters to host app, and to which will be possible to assign parameter of any module ? For sake of simplicity just simple 1:1 mapping ...

Great idea. 16 macro knobs would certainly make it easier to map stuff in the host.
    One question though: When I'm using automation/parameter locks inside Drambo then it will be saved with the host/DAW project, right?
    For me that would be fair enough.

• You guys are all off with your use cases. i just wanna build Zeeon 2

• @oat_phipps said:
    You guys are all off with your use cases. i just wanna build Zeeon 2

Oh thank you for letting us know - I'm sincerely hoping for @giku_beepstreet that you're not going to be the only one who buys Drambo. Just imagine all the work...
    Guys? 😁

• @rs2000 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Oh thank you for letting us know - I'm sincerely hoping for @giku_beepstreet that you're not going to be the only one who buys Drambo. Just imagine all the work...
    Guys? 😁

I just wanna build Zeeon 2

• edited February 2020

@dendy said:

AU automation module is planned but after release. Internal automation (p-locks) works in a DAW.

• @oat_phipps said:

@rs2000 said:

@oat_phipps said:

Guys? 😁

I just wanna build Zeeon 2

Just curious: What would you like to add to Zeeon?

• edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    AU automation module is planned but after release.

:+1:

• Thanks again for your video work @bcrichards. Might be worth having a masterlist we could share with those later to the party etc.

• Now you’re scaring me, and I’m starting to think this app requires some engineering degree to be able to do something with it. I hope not.

• @bcrichards if you have time, could you show how do instrument presets and module grouping work?

• @JohnnyGoodyear once it’s out I’ll probably make a separate thread, add to wiki, actually list videos etc.

@Callaeci thats the exact opposite intent of showing things off! It’s very intuitive and I think you’ll find it clicks once you have your hands on it (or when someone else explains it).

• @jipumarino although he’s been very gracious with me posting here @giku_beepstreet may want me to wait on highlighting a number of features as there’s still changes being made. A new version of flex sampler is planned and extended functionality for racks is too.

• @bcrichards said:
    @jipumarino although he’s been very gracious with me posting here @giku_beepstreet may want me to wait on highlighting a number of features as there’s still changes being made. A new version of flex sampler is planned and extended functionality for racks is too.

Thank you, there was no need to explain :) I really appreciate what you're doing!

• @bcrichards said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear once it’s out I’ll probably make a separate thread, add to wiki, actually list videos etc.

👍👍

• @Callaeci thats the exact opposite intent of showing things off! It’s very intuitive and I think you’ll find it clicks once you have your hands on it (or when someone else explains it).

You are obviously right, and I appreciate your demos immensely (even your voiceover is pleasant). It was a poor attempt of humour in the face of my ignorance about technical stuff.
    I’m sure I’ll be able to make the same horrible “music” like I do with other apps.

• @Callaeci I've learned a lot about how synths and sound design works through playing with this. But it’s easy enough with out any technical understanding.

This discussion has been closed.