Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Beepstreet Drambo

Comments

• it only does soundscapes if you have a subscription, other wise you are limited to house music and tempos above 140

• I grew up on magazine subscriptions so the idea doesn’t bother me. I think an annual subscription with a reminder just prior to renewal time is not unreasonable for certain apps.

• @AtticusL said:
    I wouldn’t mind a subscription, I found when I subbed to Auxy it made me actually use it and I produced quite a lot of music for a change.

Is it possible to have the option of a subscription (that includes all IAPs) as well as buying the app + buying IAPs?

Funny, the Auxy subscription had an opposite effect on me. Never touched it again.

• I think there reason many people are concerned about subscriptions is because they own so many apps- what if they all went subscription? - that would be quite a bill at the end of the month 😗

• @anickt said:
    I grew up on magazine subscriptions so the idea doesn’t bother me. I think an annual subscription with a reminder just prior to renewal time is not unreasonable for certain apps.

Sure but with a magazine subscription, when you cancelled it, some guy didn’t show up and take your magazines.

• @drez said:

@anickt said:
    I grew up on magazine subscriptions so the idea doesn’t bother me. I think an annual subscription with a reminder just prior to renewal time is not unreasonable for certain apps.

Sure but with a magazine subscription, when you cancelled it, some guy didn’t show up and take your magazines.

🤣 couldn’t have said it better

• @drez said:

@anickt said:

Ha!!! So true

• @iammane said:

@drez said:

@anickt said:

Ha!!! So true

Ah but if I was canceling I probably wasn’t that interested anyway. 😆

• @reasOne said:
    it only does soundscapes if you have a subscription, other wise you are limited to house music and tempos above 140

Underrated comment. Would subscribe to more of this content.

• @anickt said:

@iammane said:

@drez said:

@anickt said:

Ha!!! So true

Not so! Maybe you couldn’t afford to keep the subscription but still enjoyed rereading your back issues of, oh, I don’t know, Sound on Sound...? 🤔😆

• @papertiger said:

@anickt said:

@iammane said:

@drez said:

@anickt said:

Ha!!! So true

Not so! Maybe you couldn’t afford to keep the subscription but still enjoyed rereading your back issues of, oh, I don’t know, Sound on Sound...? 🤔😆

They’re all online anyway! 😆

• Not when I was in high school they weren’t!

Get off mah lawn!

• @papertiger said:
    Not when I was in high school they weren’t!

Get off mah lawn!

That’s right! All kidding aside, I grew up with no computers, no internet, no cable, etc. etc.
    It’s amazing where we’ve gone and not always for the better IMHO.
    Now you get off my lawn! 🤣

• Subscriptions should stay where they belong, a stash in the woods.

• @drez said:

@anickt said:

Good thing is they won’t delete your Soundcloud posts.

• The subscription discussion may be a diversion to stop us hassling the dev for a release date. 😉

• So in short what % of functionality does this app share with an octatrack? I haven’t had chance to watch the full video yet but I’ve seen people mention a lot of crossover features. Always wanted a sort of octatrack app. This is obviously more than that with the synthesis but I’m interested in the sampling

• Both are grooveboxes, use step/p-lock style sequencer, have samplers and scene morphing. 20% ;)

• J_BJ_B
    edited February 2020

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Both are grooveboxes, use step/p-lock style sequencer, have samplers and scene morphing. 20% ;)

Thanks for the quick response! Do you go over samplers in the long video or is it focused on synthesis? Also how many tracks does it have? It sounds like it shares more than 20%, but then goes way beyond with its own features. can it do things like LFO/scene to slice? I don’t want to spam you with questions, if it’s easier for me to watch the video feel free to just say 🙂 just unsure if it goes into samplers on there

• edited February 2020

@J_B said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    Both are grooveboxes, use step/p-lock style sequencer, have samplers and scene morphing. 20% ;)

Thanks for the quick response! Do you go over samplers in the long video or is it focused on synthesis? Also how many tracks does it have? It sounds like it shares more than 20%, but then goes way beyond with its own features. can it do things like LFO/scene to slice? I don’t want to spam you with questions, if it’s easier for me to watch the video feel free to just say 🙂 just unsure if it goes into samplers on there

Watch the videos @bcrichards has posted in this thread.

And search in YouTube for the very very short sampler videos @giku_beepstreet has posted.

• @papertiger said:

@J_B said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Watch the videos @bcrichards has posted in this thread.

And search in YouTube for the very very short sampler videos @giku_beepstreet has posted.

Oh cool I’ve only stumbled on the 30 minute video, the threads quite massive. I’ll have a dig around

• only difference is... one exists the other is a myth

• I’m planning on waiting to do a video focusing on the samplers. Giku is updating the one of the current samplers and that will likely bring some extra functionality I’d want to include.

• edited February 2020

Here’s some other stuff with the Flex sampler, which I think Giku is going to update.

Doesn’t get into the actual slicing abilities.

• Thanks for that, sure looks fun and intuitive!

• @bcrichards said:
    Here’s some other stuff with the Flex sampler, which I think Giku is going to update.

Sweet, please do make that video! Yeah I was curious about slicing, I noticed there’s a start slice parameter on there but no idea about how it’s all implemented. Think I kind of get it now, so the pads at the bottom trigger your track and each track is it’s own modular thing which includes samplers, and I’m guessing the keys button at the bottom means you can play each track chromatically. If that’s right this thing looks insane and I totally get the hype

• edited February 2020

Flex sampler, Giku can explain more about his plans, but currently it has a few slice modes, a loop mode, and a scratch mode, where offset acts as a playhead. Its fun to modulate this. You can record into Flex sampler, and I believe in the future you will be able to set slice points ahead of time and then record in, similar to Octatrack. This video shows how you set slice points. One play mode for both Flex sampler and regular Sampler allows you to play slices with different notes.

• Can any of the sample playback modules do time stretching?

• Wow what is this... i guess I need to pick one up as soon as this drops. Impressive work

• @bcrichards said:

Another insightful video. Thanks for making these!

This discussion has been closed.