Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IMPC pro 2 Updated

124»

Comments

• edited July 2019

@Korakios said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:
    One star rated , midi IO broken, ridiculous midi mapping ....
    Fortunately I just got a refund (patiently waited for email support beside here) .
    All good , goodbye :)

Was trying to record Future Drummer into IMPC Pro 2, seems midi input is broken on iPad.. but it works on iPhone..
    A fix is most welcome.. sounds great having FD driving those nice kits..

@RajahP were you trying to trigger future drummer with various iMPC Pro2 pads? Ive been trying this with bm3 into iMPC Pro2 no success.

I’m trying to record FD’s midi output into IMPC Pro 2.. Just did it on the iPad version and it sounded so good.. IPad version don’t seem to work..

Are those EBay 2.5 MPC Software sales ligit.. saw some for like $10.. ?

First launch FD and then on iMPC select the input midi port. Also make sure you mapped the correct note numbers on iMPC ;)

Those are iLock licenses and yes they are legit :)

It don't work for me.. pretty sure it’s broken..

I meant it worked on the iPhone.. but not the iPad..

Thanks... Just might pick up MPC 2.5 as it is supposed to work with any controller..

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:
    Fortunately I just got a refund (patiently waited for email support beside here) .

Was trying to record Future Drummer into IMPC Pro 2, seems midi input is broken on iPad.. but it works on iPhone..

@RajahP were you trying to trigger future drummer with various iMPC Pro2 pads? Ive been trying this with bm3 into iMPC Pro2 no success.

I’m trying to record FD’s midi output into IMPC Pro 2.. Just did it on the iPad version and it sounded so good.. IPad version don’t seem to work..

@RajahP not too sure/sales..I have the mpc studio black & mpc software. I don’t like it. Its way too much going on with the UI. Thats the last desktop software I used. I’am going to sell my mpc studio black & software but not sure how to as its registered to me. Confusing.

Seems AKAI is moving The MPC software faster than Maschine..

Will be nice to do stuff on the iPhone/iPad and transfer to desktop..

Might just worth a look..

• @RajahP said:

@Korakios said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:

First launch FD and then on iMPC select the input midi port. Also make sure you mapped the correct note numbers on iMPC ;)

Thanks... Just might pick up MPC 2.5 as it is supposed to work with any controller..

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:

@RajahP not too sure/sales..I have the mpc studio black & mpc software. I don’t like it. Its way too much going on with the UI. Thats the last desktop software I used. I’am going to sell my mpc studio black & software but not sure how to as its registered to me. Confusing.

what steps did you take to get it working on the phone version?

• edited July 2019

@kobamoto said:

@RajahP said:

@Korakios said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@stormbeats said:

@RajahP said:

@kobamoto said:

@Korakios said:

what steps did you take to get it working on the phone version?

I just connected the IMPC Pro 2’s virtual port and switched IMPC on Future Drummer’s midi output....... and it just worked..

• @RajahP you could try launching midi monitor to check if notes are actually coming to iMPC and also make sure you have NOT enable the hardware mode midi mapping .

• edited July 2019

@Korakios said:
    @RajahP you could try launching midi monitor to check if notes are actually coming to iMPC and also make sure you have NOT enable the hardware mode midi mapping .

Did them both.. The ‘log’ feature in IMPC Pro 2 shows midi activity, but it just won’t play the pads .. strange.

Maybe someone who has Future Drummer can confirm that it’s not working..

BTW, I have been transferring IMPC iPhone projects to iPad.. FD really lights up IMPC, those ratchets/fills etc. makes the app shine.. a fix would be great..

Edit.. Just fired up iMPC Pro ‘1’ and it works like a charm.. so it has to be a bug with midi input in ‘2’..

• edited July 2019

Ok.. installed Both IPhone and IPad versions on my mini 2.. The IPhone version records FD like a charm, the iPad version don’t. So, I can confirm that the iPad version is broken..

• Looks like Akai is planning to launch a few new iMPC 'Propacks' :)

I also do wonder when @Retronyms will add add more sample-rate options to the export features? (24-bit for starters) or is this hindered by the fact that AudioCopy still (for now?) only supports 16-bit 44.1k?

Is there any way to set the 'root note' for AUv3's when using the pads to play them?
    (Would love to see a 'scale' option for the 16-pads mode as well, just like with the 'keyboard').

This is especially annoying when re-sampling AUv3's since it's not possible to use the keyboard to trigger the sounds, only the pads and their root-note is set too high... (It is possible to 'transpose up' by switching banks, A,B,C,D but not down...).

Other 'nice to have' features would be if the grid lines also reacted to the swing value set by time correct option as this would make it easier to align the events with the grid when moving them...

I still have some 'random' crashes when editing samples and these mostly happen after changing the destination folder where the sample will be saved to when pressing done... Feels like the app looses track of the 'temp file' or something...

And please, when the Audiocopy.app update finally drops let it access all the sound packs (iPhone and iPad) on both devices. I can't see the sound packs I unlocked with the iMPC Pro iPhone version in the AudioCopy.app when I run it on an iPad but I can see the packs unlocked by the iPad version on the iPhone...

To end this post with a positive tone, I do like iMPC Pro 2 on my iPhone but do wish that the 'waveform' would get more space to make it easier to edit... (squash the buttons vertically, they don't need to be as tall as they are).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Looks like Akai is planning to launch a few new iMPC 'Propacks' :)

I also do wonder when @Retronyms will add add more sample-rate options to the export features? (24-bit for starters) or is this hindered by the fact that AudioCopy still (for now?) only supports 16-bit 44.1k?

Is there any way to set the 'root note' for AUv3's when using the pads to play them?
    (Would love to see a 'scale' option for the 16-pads mode as well, just like with the 'keyboard').

This is especially annoying when re-sampling AUv3's since it's not possible to use the keyboard to trigger the sounds, only the pads and their root-note is set too high... (It is possible to 'transpose up' by switching banks, A,B,C,D but not down...).

Other 'nice to have' features would be if the grid lines also reacted to the swing value set by time correct option as this would make it easier to align the events with the grid when moving them...

I still have some 'random' crashes when editing samples and these mostly happen after changing the destination folder where the sample will be saved to when pressing done... Feels like the app looses track of the 'temp file' or something...

And please, when the Audiocopy.app update finally drops let it access all the sound packs (iPhone and iPad) on both devices. I can't see the sound packs I unlocked with the iMPC Pro iPhone version in the AudioCopy.app when I run it on an iPad but I can see the packs unlocked by the iPad version on the iPhone...

To end this post with a positive tone, I do like iMPC Pro 2 on my iPhone but do wish that the 'waveform' would get more space to make it easier to edit... (squash the buttons vertically, they don't need to be as tall as they are).

Cheers!

Those packs are not new. They came out the same time as the mpcX and live if I'm not mistaken they're already in the Audiocopy store.

• edited August 2019

@hansjbs said:

Those packs are not new. They came out the same time as the mpcX and live if I'm not mistaken they're already in the Audiocopy store.

Ok, so Akai is just sloppy updating their page since it still says 'coming soon' :)
    I do hope all our beloved 'sampler apps' get well deserved updates in near future.

Getting 'fed up' with small issues in all of them that kinda kills all the creativity...

• edited August 2019

@Samu said:

@hansjbs said:

Ok, so Akai is just sloppy updating their page since it still says 'coming soon' :)
    I do hope all our beloved 'sampler apps' get well deserved updates in near future.

Getting 'fed up' with small issues in all of them that kinda kills all the creativity...

Nope I was wrong. They released urban instruments, essential club and a different set of EDM and future for iMPC. These been coming soon for a while now and they came as extra with my MPCX almost 2 years ago so I’m mixing the two.

I’m on a Telegram chat with everyone from Retronyms. I can hook you if you want :D :D . Maybe more people telling them will help. Actually i’m gonna copy and paste this into the chat and tag JP and Nikki.

• @Samu said:

Cheers!

I'm wondering how they are going to work as far as Essential Instruments go? With MPC desktop software Essential Instruments are KeyGroup programs, not Drum Programs. If Retronyms added Keygroups and an auto sampler like the desktop version it would be a game changer, especially for those of us who want to export from IMPC Pro to MPC desktop software. I would love to be able to auto sample au instruments and play them that way and then export to the desktop version, especially since we don't have the same au available on desktop as IOS for the most part.
    I would gladly pay an iap for keygroups, an auto sampler and a higher sample rate. As an MPC Desktop user that would make IMPC Pro my main IOS Daw, that and stability. inserts for each track in the mixer so we can use au fx would be killer too, like 4 inserts a track. Maybe IMPC Pro 3 will have all that stuff?

• @Strizbiz said:

@Samu said:

Cheers!

I'm wondering how they are going to work as far as Essential Instruments go? With MPC desktop software Essential Instruments are KeyGroup programs, not Drum Programs. If Retronyms added Keygroups and an auto sampler like the desktop version it would be a game changer, especially for those of us who want to export from IMPC Pro to MPC desktop software. I would love to be able to auto sample au instruments and play them that way and then export to the desktop version, especially since we don't have the same au available on desktop as IOS for the most part.
    I would gladly pay an iap for keygroups, an auto sampler and a higher sample rate. As an MPC Desktop user that would make IMPC Pro my main IOS Daw, that and stability. inserts for each track in the mixer so we can use au fx would be killer too, like 4 inserts a track. Maybe IMPC Pro 3 will have all that stuff?

That is what I was wondering to and suspected an update to iMPC Pro 2’s are in the works.
    And the two mentioned packs are NOT yet present in the AudioCopy.app like someone here mentioned...

Soe yeah, I still hope an update will pop sooner rather than later :)

• can you load midi aufx and record them in impc pro 2?

• @reasOne said:
    can you load midi aufx and record them in impc pro 2?

No, you can’t load any audio unit fx at all