Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IMPC pro 2 Updated

Comments

• edited February 2019

@kobamoto said:

@kobamoto Not to be cruel but I cannot stop laughing . This dude is out there in the cosmos. Very rushed presentation just like their released iMPC “PRO’s” I was afraid to watch the video because it might have bugs creeping out my ipad..come on Retronyms

• Respect due to Louis though as he has always answered my emails

• @stormbeats said:
    Respect due to Louis though as he has always answered my emails

Just realised a large number of my previous creations are all playing silent (no sound comes out, but the mixer/volume display indicates that the app thinks sounds are playing). Which email address is best to send these tech issues to?

• @Longskatedeath said:

@stormbeats said:

Just realised a large number of my previous creations are all playing silent (no sound comes out, but the mixer/volume display indicates that the app thinks sounds are playing). Which email address is best to send these tech issues to?

Please contact us at [email protected] Thanks -Niki

• @Longskatedeath said:

@stormbeats said:

@Longskatedeath If you have any IAA Effects on the output and the Settings/Microphone is switched off for that effect that maybe the prob and it will not load into impc hence muting of audio though I doubt or if you used that IAA that you may have deleted ..never know though most likely the word “bug” comes to mind

• @stormbeats said:

@kobamoto said:

@kobamoto Not to be cruel but I cannot stop laughing . This dude is out there in the cosmos. Very rushed presentation just like their released iMPC “PRO’s” I was afraid to watch the video because it might have bugs creeping out my ipad..come on Retronyms

As far as Namm presentations go this was fine. They probably talk to hundreds of people a day hence the 30 second pitch.

• @Retronyms said:

@Longskatedeath said:

@stormbeats said:

Please contact us at [email protected] Thanks -Niki

Will do, thank you!

@stormbeats said:

@Longskatedeath said:

@stormbeats said:

@Longskatedeath If you have any IAA Effects on the output and the Settings/Microphone is switched off for that effect that maybe the prob and it will not load into impc hence muting of audio though I doubt or if you used that IAA that you may have deleted ..never know though most likely the word “bug” comes to mind

No, I don’t tend to use IAA with iMPC because it’s tended to crash in the past.
    I hope it’s fixable, whatever the cause - there were some good ideas in these tunes that I’d like to work on further.

• New update :

Version: 2.1

Here are the latest features and fixes of Pro 2! If you have questions, email us at [email protected]. If you’re enjoying the update, we’d love if you rate the app!

FEATURES:

• Export your mute groups to MPC Desktop.
    • Customize the name of your project with emojis and other special characters.
    • AU features include higher octaves and general AUv3 improvements for stability.
    • Users can seek in Timeline and Tracks view by tapping the ruler. One tap sets the restart point. Drag for fine adjustment. Tap stop while already stopped to reset it, or simply tap on the left-side of the ruler.

FIXES:

• Spotify playlists may now be accessed again.
    • Inter-app works at correct pitch on 48khz-based iPads (newer models).
    • Fix bug in which Audio track automation could be lost.
    • Sound Editor: Fix bug when trying to select first slice in certain auto-sliced sounds.
    • Sound Editor: Fix buzz when holding down audition pad after performing certain edits (amplify, fade in/out, etc).
    • Fix bug where new tracks could pick up a previous track's Mute and Solo settings.
    • Gain is scaled properly for MPC Desktop exporting.
    • Fixed FluxLink buzzing/crashing during overdub.
    • Disallow deleting the entire sound in the sound editor (use the Tweak workflow for replacing/removing sounds).
    • Fix bug in which all AUv3 parameters would appear in Timeline>Params if one automation lane was added.
    • Fix crash when going from page to page during MIDI learn.
    • AUv3s which perform disk buffering now render correctly during Mixdown and Stems bouncing.
    • AU keyboard can now go to higher octaves.
    • Projects now warn the user when a project is loaded with a missing AudioUnit.
    • Fix crash on cancelling AudioCopy export.
    • Fix crash caused by toggling between AUTO/GRID slicing when in the middle of an edit.
    • Fix unicode-related crash when exporting to MPC Desktop.
    • MPCPro Pack selector automatically dismissed when switching from drum track to another type.
    • Fix unresponsive note grid pulldown in audio tracks.
    • Strict enforcement of monophonic pad behavior in 16 levels mode.
    • Audio tracks no longer echo the old recording as you record over it
    • Last remaining sequence in song is cleared if user attempts to delete it.
  • @White Thanks for letting us know. I've been thinking about reinstalling this, hopefully that will now be a less buggy experience. Fingers-crossed.

• edited June 2019

Only a couple crashes while loading sound packs. 🤔

Reminds me of an old MG with a new wax job...sooner or later the cassette deck will eat the tape and a puff of smoke will emerge...business as usual. 🤨

• @echoopera said:
    Only a couple crashes while loading sound packs. 🤔

Reminds me of an old MG with a new wax job...sooner or later the cassette deck will eat the tape and a puff of smoke will emerge...business as usual. 🤨

This made me laugh. It’s like some of my old hardware - had a mind of its own. I kind of have to give Retronyms a lot of leeway though as when you get in touch with them, their effort at customer service is way above that of many companies. Nikki has always gone that extra mile to try to help out. I’ve been fobbed off so many times by customer service within some companies, but while people give them stick, Retronyms and Apple have always given great service to myself :)

• iMPC Pro 2 is on sale

• Hope they'll get around to 'copy' the code for input selection and monitoring from the audio tracks to the sampler where it could be really handy.

Still hoping that the 'samples and programs' from original iMPC and iMPC Pro 1 could be made available to iMPC Pro 2 :)
    (Sure I can 'rip out' the individual samples from the *.ipa's but I'd have to re-create all the kits/programs bohoo...).

• edited June 2019

@Retronyms I just posted..lots of my IAA are not appearing in the IAA sampling window. No AudioShare or Audiocopy !!!!! Anyone else?

• edited June 2019

@Samu ,they added an “Archive for iMPC Pro 2” function before dropping the iMPC v1.
    It's not one click solution, but per project, still useful.
    Still , it would be cool to export iMPC classic projects too...

I am really tempted now (on sale) ,since (edit: IMO) BM3 is dead , but I fear a new mpc version will come making V2 obsolete

• Is BM3 really dead? Isn't is just, you know, complete?
    (And if it is dead, can somebody extract the sampler and make it a standalone app?)

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is BM3 really dead? Isn't is just, you know, complete?
    (And if it is dead, can somebody extract the sampler and make it a standalone app?)

Mr. Praline: Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

Shop Owner: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

• He's pining for the fjords.

• edited June 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Is BM3 really dead? Isn't is just, you know, complete?

Nope, just sharing my humble opinion after watching BM3 since launch (and almost a year before in beta)

Far away from complete, yesterday I redownload it made some cool sounds using tones of modulators and decided to change the sample...boom... Goodbye, all gone .I knew it was happening with broken midi learn, but was not expecting that... changing sample resets everything... one of many offtopic examples

• edited June 2019

I think the most powerful sampler exists on desktop and it's called Renoise. Ableton comes in second IMO. IOS is great for synths but for whatever reasons, file management, memory management, etc. we just aren't there in terms of capabilities for sampling.

NS2, on one hand, while it doesn't sample internally, is excellent. But the developer wisely left out the IAA sampling.

As far as BM3 goes, they definitely bit off more than they could chew, too many incomplete features. Had they scaled back a little and focused more on stability, instead of promising a million different things all at once (iPhone, Mac OS, time stretching, infinite banks etc..) things would have gone better for them.

I have no respect for Retronyms until they do something about Audiocopy, which will never happen.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

I have no respect for Retronyms until they do something about Audiocopy, which will never happen.

Hehe I hate AudioCopy too, uninstalled it......I did this once I found that it’s possible to copy samples in impc pro2 by dropping them in a folder using files app.

Thanks for that tip. I HATEHATEHATE AudioCopy....

• Oh well must be just me then, I can’t summon up the energy to passionately HATE HATE HATE any app at all.
    iTunes and AudioCopy sometimes slightly miff me but that’s about it.

• It’s not the app itself that I hate. It’s a good looking app. But for whatever reason (corporate greed) the developers of the app make it connect to the internet before it can complete its task of copying an audio clip, which is a waste of time. And if it can’t connect, you can’t copy your clip.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    It’s not the app itself that I hate. It’s a good looking app. But for whatever reason (corporate greed) the developers of the app make it connect to the internet before it can complete its task of copying an audio clip, which is a waste of time. And if it can’t connect, you can’t copy your clip.

I don't like to MUST do things (authority issues etc etc).

• edited June 2019

@d4d0ug said:

@BiancaNeve said:
    Oh well must be just me then, I can’t summon up the energy to passionately HATE HATE HATE any app at all.
    iTunes and AudioCopy sometimes slightly miff me but that’s about it.

Ok HATE is a bit strong, I agree. I’d rather not be forced to use it. But fortunately you don’t need to if you want to copy your own samples in using files app.