Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Five Gadgets LE Challenge!

Comments

• @Keenan No problem! Thanks for the quick response. B) :)

• @AudioGus Would it be possible for you to upload your track to Alihoopa, SoundCloud, or YouTube? If not, I guess I could install Dropbox. :/

• @LucidMusicInc Wow, you sure got a great, full sounding production from just those 3 Gadget tracks. Your track flows along so effortlessly, I really liked it.
    Ok. I gotta ask. Do you sell a lot of your music on your Bandcamp page? Just wondering, because I can imagine that being the case. B)

• Enigmatic by Lucid Music Inc

Three tracks but, full disclosure, I gave it some DeeMax and some post mix work in Cubasis. Free download for a limited time. Trying to put this together as a five track mix now.

Nice one!

• One thing I decided to do on the track I’m doing at the moment is to put all five effects on the drum channel(s) and a bass channel as a series of compressors. Those channels have five compressors in a row!

Could someone with deemax let me know if it sounds better than five compressor effects in a row?

• @CracklePot said:
    @LucidMusicInc Wow, you sure got a great, full sounding production from just those 3 Gadget tracks. Your track flows along so effortlessly, I really liked it.
    Ok. I gotta ask. Do you sell a lot of your music on your Bandcamp page? Just wondering, because I can imagine that being the case. B)

I'll say a few things about that.

My Bandcamp is relatively new. I started it in January. Somehow I got lucky and sold a few albums!

What I've noticed with my stats is if I'm not actively promoting myself or uploading new albums the listens I get are next to nothing on a day to day basis. So I'm always trying to put a song up there when I can.

I sell my tracks instead of giving them away for free as a thank you to the people at Bandcamp because they take a cut from the sales.

• @u0421793 said:
    One thing I decided to do on the track I’m doing at the moment is to put all five effects on the drum channel(s) and a bass channel as a series of compressors. Those channels have five compressors in a row!

Could someone with deemax let me know if it sounds better than five compressor effects in a row?

I'd be interested to hear what it sounded like with 5 compressors AND a Deemax...

• @PhilW, I see nobody's commented on your submission yet, so let me be the first. I was super-impressed. Standout to me was without question, the bass line. Loved the 16th note triplets you threw in there, and it just overall has an awesome groove. Almost sounded like there may have been a touch of swing? I liked when the bass and the EP were doubling each other around 1:30 when everything else dropped out. Nice hi hat work, especially the parts where it was just the hats kind of "answering" the other instruments. And I surprisingly didn't hate the sax (I usually hate sampled saxes), and I thought the reverb on the sax sounded good. Overall, a great selection to show the versatility of Gadget, and you sure know how to write a bass line!

• Hot. Track.

• @Joel75 said:
    @PhilW, I see nobody's commented on your submission yet, so let me be the first. I was super-impressed. Standout to me was without question, the bass line. Loved the 16th note triplets you threw in there, and it just overall has an awesome groove. Almost sounded like there may have been a touch of swing? I liked when the bass and the EP were doubling each other around 1:30 when everything else dropped out. Nice hi hat work, especially the parts where it was just the hats kind of "answering" the other instruments. And I surprisingly didn't hate the sax (I usually hate sampled saxes), and I thought the reverb on the sax sounded good. Overall, a great selection to show the versatility of Gadget, and you sure know how to write a bass line!

Thanks for noticing it and the kind comments!

• edited March 2018

This was fun...and now I wait for Korg IAP's to go on sale.

• Another iron in the fire:
    https://allihoopa.com/s/sGQCZK0C

I don’t listen to or write techno, and yet here we are somehow. Thanks for the motivation @jwmmakerofmusic

• Almost forgot, it’s one London and 2 Dublins.

• edited March 2018

@tomato_juice said:
    Another iron in the fire:

I don’t listen to or write techno, and yet here we are somehow. Thanks for the motivation

That's killer. Really great groove, @tomato_juice. And you're allowed to modulate the shit out of those Dublins, you know? That's well within the rules!

I like the simplicity of the exercise: removes the angst of Making a Piece of Music for Posterity. It actually inspired me to jump in, although the track quickly grew to seven gadgets over nine tracks.

Two questions for all:
    By posting on Alihoopa, are you offering your project to a community for remixing?
    Does anybody use Deemax? Is it remotely worth it? (I mean, why not just make the whole thing louder and make 10 be the loudest?)

• That's wonderful. (I missed the original rules requiring the use of Brussels! I saw your screenshot and was like, who the hell uses Brussels?? Was that in the rules? And it was!)

What was the koto-sounding thing in the intro? Great piece of music.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@tomato_juice said:
    Another iron in the fire:

I don’t listen to or write techno, and yet here we are somehow. Thanks for the motivation

That's killer. Really great groove, @tomato_juice. And you're allowed to modulate the shit out of those Dublins, you know? That's well within the rules!

I like the simplicity of the exercise: removes the angst of Making a Piece of Music for Posterity. It actually inspired me to jump in, although the track quickly grew to seven gadgets over nine tracks.

Two questions for all:
    By posting on Alihoopa, are you offering your project to a community for remixing?
    Does anybody use Deemax? Is it remotely worth it? (I mean, why not just make the whole thing louder and make 10 be the loudest?)

Thanks comrade, that’s nice of you to say.

You know, I have no idea of the legalities with alihoopa, or what their whole deal is. Personally, I’d think twice and check the fine print before uploading an Important Work, but as far as Play’s concerned, it’s nice to share.

DeeMax - I reckon it depends how much you’re finishing within Gadget itself, and what other options you might already have. Exporting stems to AUM/Auria etc. might be a chore, or it might be preferred. Everything within Gadget makes sense too but you might want to wait for a sale if you do drop for it. Also, be aware that FabFilter’s Pro-L 2 is coming to the Auria store soon, which is best in class.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:
    Alrighty that was fun, maddening limitations!

That's wonderful. (I missed the original rules requiring the use of Brussels! I saw your screenshot and was like, who the hell uses Brussels?? Was that in the rules? And it was!)

Thanks! Heh, yah I very rarely ever used Brussels.

The Koto sounding bit is the Shamisen in Marseille with the Grainshift effect.

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

That's wonderful. (I missed the original rules requiring the use of Brussels! I saw your screenshot and was like, who the hell uses Brussels?? Was that in the rules? And it was!)

If I may work blue for a moment:
    That was fucking cool.

Well done.

• edited March 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

That was fucking cool.

Well done.

Aww thanks again. :)

Here are some tunes I did in 2015 mostly using Gadget along with some DM1, Animoog and Alchemy at times running through a Korg Mini KP2, all mixed in Samplitude.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwyveeg10snk7ze/Audiogus-GadgetTunes-2015-converted.m4a?dl=0

• @AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

That was fucking cool.

Well done.

Aww thanks again. :)

Here are some tunes I did in 2015 mostly using Gadget along with some DM1, Animoog and Alchemy at times running through a Korg Mini KP2, all mixed in Samplitude.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rwyveeg10snk7ze/Audiogus-GadgetTunes-2015-converted.m4a?dl=0

Good stuff. I'm a fan.

• @AudioGus said:

Man alive, there’s some incredible stuff happening around the 16 minute mark. Colour me impressed.

• @AudioGus Still no SoundCloud or YouTube? I wanna listen too. :s

• @CracklePot said:
    @AudioGus Still no SoundCloud or YouTube? I wanna listen too. :s

Remembered my password! :)

• @tomato_juice said:

@AudioGus said:

Man alive, there’s some incredible stuff happening around the 16 minute mark. Colour me impressed.

Thanks tomato juice, now that I listen to it again it sounds like I used Orphion at that point.

• R_2R_2
    edited March 2018

@AudioGus said:

I like the processed guitar instrument.
    Nice ‘open’ sound. Did you also limit it in Gadget?

• edited March 2018

@R_2 said:

@AudioGus said:

I like the processed guitar instrument.
    Nice ‘open’ sound. Did you also limit it in Gadget?

Yes, I used the Master Limiter. I was hoping to post the project file here but it looks like you can no longer read them in itunes or ifunbox... i guess because they added alihoopa maybe.

• Went to give this a go. Phone at 25% battery. New project, made three mixer tracks and inserted the three allowed instruments. Switch to London and tried three kits and pop up "Battery at 10%. Low power mode?" 5 minutes total, max. 7% by the time I said forget it (6 minutes, max). Guess I'll try again lat

• edited March 2018

https://allihoopa.com/s/yCkrwg4o

So I finally got my own thing done. It’s a neo-disco cover of one of the background tracks from the Shinobi arcade game. I did one small cheat. I used the “autowah” on a piano sound from Marseille, because it’s more “disco” sounding.

I humanised a lot of this track. The only instrument that doesn’t have varying velocities and timing imperfections is the bass. The strings have timing imperfections only as I don’t recall mellotrons being velocity-sensitive. The koto, drums and “wah” piano have varying velocities and timing imperfections. I plan to expand upon this track a bit more in the future, so keep an eye out for that. :) Cheers.

(By the way, I’ll be listening to your creations tonight and tomorrow as well and complimenting and such.)

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:

So I finally got my own thing done. It’s a neo-disco cover of one of the background tracks from the Shinobi arcade game. I did one small cheat. I used the “autowah” on a piano sound from Marseille, because it’s more “disco” sounding. I plan to expand upon this track a bit more in the future, so keep an eye out for that. :) Cheers.

• @u0421793 said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:

So I finally got my own thing done. It’s a neo-disco cover of one of the background tracks from the Shinobi arcade game. I did one small cheat. I used the “autowah” on a piano sound from Marseille, because it’s more “disco” sounding. I plan to expand upon this track a bit more in the future, so keep an eye out for that. :) Cheers.

???