Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Five Gadgets LE Challenge!

13»

Comments

• @syrupcore said:
    Went to give this a go. Phone at 25% battery. New project, made three mixer tracks and inserted the three allowed instruments. Switch to London and tried three kits and pop up "Battery at 10%. Low power mode?" 5 minutes total, max. 7% by the time I said forget it (6 minutes, max). Guess I'll try again lat

Haha.

...er.

• edited March 2018

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:
    Went to give this a go. Phone at 25% battery. New project, made three mixer tracks and inserted the three allowed instruments. Switch to London and tried three kits and pop up "Battery at 10%. Low power mode?" 5 minutes total, max. 7% by the time I said forget it (6 minutes, max). Guess I'll try again lat

Haha.

...er.

The battery drains faster when it's at a lower percentage. You probably had all your network services running and other background apps. I've left Gadget on for days at a time with insignificant power loss but I'm running it on an iPad in airplane mode with medium latency and background audio off.

Is it a drainer at times? Yes, but there are a lot of things a you can do to get better performance and less power u

• edited March 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

Haha.

...er.

The battery drains faster when it's at a lower percentage. You probably had all your network services running and other background apps. I've left Gadget on for days at a time with insignificant power loss but I'm running it on an iPad in airplane mode with medium latency and background audio off.

Is it a drainer at times? Yes, but there are a lot of things a you can do to get better performance and less power u

I have Gadget on 5 different mobile devices and on each one it eats battery life more than any another app. Regardless of whether the device is in airplane mode and only app open. It also heats the device like crazy.

Great app, but the device definitely has to work hard to run it.

Not saying you’re wrong @LucidMusicInc but this is my experience.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

@SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

Haha.

...er.

I have Gadget on 5 different mobile devices and on each one it eats battery life more than any another app. Regardless of whether the device is in airplane mode and only app open. It also heats the device like crazy.

Great app, but the device definitely has to work hard to run it.

Not saying you’re wrong @LucidMusicInc but this is my experience.

Indeed, same here. Been struggling with the problem for a while now and tried every possible setting to make it less cpu/battery heavy.
    Frustrates me a lot, cause I loved to compose in Gadget for hours in the past :'(

• @jwmmakerofmusic great track, captures that disco feel.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@syrupcore said:

Haha.

...er.

Ta for getting my dad humor.

• edited March 2018

cheated a little on this one with 25 tracks... :smile:

Thanks to Fruitbat for the Shoom patch!