Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Digitakt is amazing!!

Comments

• @syrupcore said:

@rs2000 said:

@kobamoto said:

😅👌

Cenk as y-axis label is pure gold.

Haha, yes, also he's the only guy in the world who feels comfortable using the awkward Digitakt encoder behaviour with some parameters.
    No, don't simply turn that knob. You have to fiddle it as fast as you can.

• @kobamoto said:

Just watched this yesterday. It's interesting how this video and Patterning came out within a year of one another.

• edited December 2019

• @auxmux said:

@kobamoto said:

Just watched this yesterday. It's interesting how this video and Patterning came out within a year of one another.

yeah the patterning circle is like the Fibonacci symbol of the music world.

• edited December 2019

the subtitling throughout this clip rekindled some serious gas for the octatrack which is so funny cause the video by the same guy about what he doesn't like about the octatrack revealed allot of good reasons not to get one

• edited December 2019

@kobamoto said:

Is that @thesoundtestroom Doug doing the intro? :smiley:

The video is basically what I do with the DT and NS2. I use the DT's MIDI tracks to sequence (up to) 8 Obsidian tracks. With the DTs 8 CCs mapped to NanoStudio's macro CCs it's pretty fun!

• just released an album made with digitakt and octatrack. performed it live into a zoom h6 then sent it to mastering ... have a great 2020

https://miandlau.bandcamp.com/album/nutrisco-extinguo

• Proper MIDI Clock slave sync was one of the best BM3 enhancements in 2019.
    I hope that other developers will follow. It opens up a lot of possibilities.

• @mlau
    Such a cool vibe on your stuff. I particularly dug "I Remember the Night" and wanted it to go on for much longer. I never would have said, Oh, that's obviously a Digitakt. My DT stuff is so heavily percussive....
    Nice one.

Care to detail your process at all?

• @ExAsperis99 thanks for the nice words, appreciated... the way i did it is pretty simple. i recorded many sounds with my zoom, then mangled them and rearranged into digitakt and octatrack. i had no idea where i was going, except i wanted to play it live. i got those two devices in december 2018. i just learned as much as i could and then let my ears do the rest. am sorry if this is not of great help but that’s the way i play music. i play an instrument until something pops up 😎

• @kobamoto defenestration ( that’s the name he uses ) loves his octatrack. The video where he describes the “ limitations “ of the OT is pure sarcasm. It was more a reaction to people being negative towards this instrument. Every instrument is limited in a way, but those limits define the instrument itself. That’s what he meant. Inside those limitations, there is so much you can do with the OT, that the word “ limit “ becomes like a joke... If you watch his videos, you’ll see that he spent some time with the OT, lots of time, and he absolutely loves it....

Look at the mixed reactions after the release of @brambos mononoke, it’s funny to watch 😜.... as for me, i can’t stop playing with this new app, inside the ipad, and inside the Octatrack 😎.... have a great sunday

• edited January 2020

@auxmux said:

@kobamoto said:

The guy in the video did his Masters thesis on the layout.

He also did a blog post on the patterning app. He seemed to like it.

https://www.ethanhein.com/wp/2015/user-interface-case-study-patterning/

http://www.ethanhein.com/wp/my-nyu-masters-thesis/

• @SpookyZoo Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

• I Love this thing

make sure you check out Ron' other 3 videos too

• edited January 2020

• Great review! He's listing valid points. Let's see when AKAI updates the firmware, if at all.

• @rs2000 said:
    Great review! He's listing valid points. Let's see when AKAI updates the firmware, if at all.

yep he understands the ethos in question and how to bridge the gap.... of course akai should already understand so hopefully they are already getting each device close enough to the other...

I really hate the size and look of the Force, but the price drop is bringing it dangerously close to no-brainer territory. If I didn't already have a push 2 and wasn't an son of ableton already I'd already have the Force. The Holy Grail feature I'm waiting on though is control over warp marker manipulation via the hardware.... If Ableton allows somebody else to do this before them I will never forgive them, but I will surely cozy up to whomever gets there first.

• @kobamoto said:

@rs2000 said:
    Great review! He's listing valid points. Let's see when AKAI updates the firmware, if at all.

yep he understands the ethos in question and how to bridge the gap.... of course akai should already understand so hopefully they are already getting each device close enough to the other...

I really hate the size and look of the Force, but the price drop is bringing it dangerously close to no-brainer territory. If I didn't already have a push 2 and wasn't an son of ableton already I'd already have the Force. The Holy Grail feature I'm waiting on though is control over warp marker manipulation via the hardware.... If Ableton allows somebody else to do this before them I will never forgive them, but I will surely cozy up to whomever gets there first.

This is very much what I thought. Being an Abletonist and not really missing much in it, the Force would only appeal to me if I was a live DJ and I'm not. And even then I'd probably rather pack my laptop and a launchpad into a bag and be set (already did that at parties and it works well enough).
    I don't mind tweaking warp markers with the mouse or touch pad during preparation, I wouldn't do that live anyway.

• I'm fine with the mouse too but I can just imagine controlling warp markers with a gang of knobs is gonna be so much fun one day, and if ableton makes this possible in a stand alone machine/ ableton controller..... it will be the stuff that dreams are made of hahaha

• @kobamoto said:
    I'm fine with the mouse too but I can just imagine controlling warp markers with a gang of knobs is gonna be so much fun one day, and if ableton makes this possible in a stand alone machine/ ableton controller..... it will be the stuff that dreams are made of hahaha

I'm almost sure this can be done via Python scripting already.

• that would be interesting to see, alas I'm of the scriptless variety myself :)