Digitakt is amazing!!

This is the sweetest most amazing and fun piece of gear I’ve ever owned !!! I’ve only had it one day and I’m in love!! Using my iPhone and iPad to sample into it!!!!

This thing is so great!

«1345

Comments

  • Yep. It is pretty amazing.

  • Fill a brother in. What is it? Too lazy to Google.

  • Elektron digitakt. Drum sampler. Literally the best.
    I’ve been wanting to try elektron gear for awhile but it’s been prohibitively expensive. Plus I heard the workflow is tough to grasp.
    Well. Either I’m just really good or my brain just clicks with the elektron workflow. It’s so inuitive to me. Obviously I haven’t remastered the thing yet but I’m really feelin the workflow.
    Octatrack is 100% coming next.
    Using my iPhone for a sampling source is awesome too!!!
    I am in love with this thing.

  • Same here. Got mine two days ago and I fell instand in love. The workflow is so amazing. Sampling all the iPad goodies into it.

  • @TheoVoid said:
    Elektron digitakt. Drum sampler. Literally the best.
    I’ve been wanting to try elektron gear for awhile but it’s been prohibitively expensive. Plus I heard the workflow is tough to grasp.
    Well. Either I’m just really good or my brain just clicks with the elektron workflow. It’s so inuitive to me. Obviously I haven’t remastered the thing yet but I’m really feelin the workflow.
    Octatrack is 100% coming next.
    Using my iPhone for a sampling source is awesome too!!!
    I am in love with this thing.

    How do you use the phone?

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @TheoVoid said:
    Elektron digitakt. Drum sampler. Literally the best.
    I’ve been wanting to try elektron gear for awhile but it’s been prohibitively expensive. Plus I heard the workflow is tough to grasp.
    Well. Either I’m just really good or my brain just clicks with the elektron workflow. It’s so inuitive to me. Obviously I haven’t remastered the thing yet but I’m really feelin the workflow.
    Octatrack is 100% coming next.
    Using my iPhone for a sampling source is awesome too!!!
    I am in love with this thing.

    How do you use the phone?

    If there was ever a hanging softball....

  • I'm a huge fan! Love it! So quick it make groovyness. I need to start using the midi tracks.

  • Is it EASY to use?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Is it EASY to use?

    Like cutting butter.

  • It’s like the Octatrack’s little brother. A gateway drug!

  • You guys make me nervous. Not that I'm not OK with what I have, but I'm so much into this kind of toys, man, I guess I should try one.

    Looking into future: Say, Groove Rider GR-16 would be able to sync to Midi Clock from Digitakt so you can run it controlled by a hardware box like Digitakt and add chords, melodies etc. on GR-16, would that be a good combo in your opinion, guys?

  • Digitakt sends velocity, note pitch, program change, pitchbend, aftertouch, modwheel and breath control via midi. These parameter can be controlled with the eight hardware encoders. Parameter lock and trig conditions can be used as well.

    Midi channels are poly (four voices)

    Loads of possibilities with our beloved ios apps (as long as they support the parameters)

  • Talking of the big brother, I love this video:

    Especially the razor.

    I don't have the money (today), but I may have to start washing cars and baking cakes.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear look around for a minty Octatrack mk1! You can do everything Knobs does in that video with the Dark Octopus

  • @Gaia.Tree said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear look around for a minty Octatrack mk1! You can do everything Knobs does in that video with the Dark Octopus

    I know it's all just accumulated noise (whatever machinery, hard or soft, you use to produce it), but there's something tangible for a man to hold onto there....

  • @Gaia.Tree said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear look around for a minty Octatrack mk1! You can do everything Knobs does in that video with the Dark Octopus

    Yeh I saw a used mki OT go for £640 a few months back?! Only £100 or so more than a DT. Insane prices. Guessing they've calmed now the mkii frenzy is over? Might still find a bargain tho :)

  • edited January 2018

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Talking of the big brother, I love this video:

    Especially the razor.

    I don't have the money (today), but I may have to start washing cars and baking cakes.

    Don’t exclude washing tractor trailers there’s a lot of cash to be made there :)
    And of course I’ll state the obvious...I WANT ONE TOO!

  • edited January 2018

    Digitakt is a fun machine but Octatrack MK1 prices have gotten so low that they can be found at the same or lower price than the Digitakt. I might splurge on one and try it out.

    The things that appeal to me on the Octatrack that the Digitakt doesn't have are the crossfader (a huge plus in my book), the looper, live sampling, time stretching, longer sample lengths, more inputs/outputs, and the ability to backup projects. The one thing keeping me away from the Octatrack was the lack of conditional trigs, but it got that now with the new firmware update. Looks a bit more complicated too of course and I heard some of the effects weren't as good as the Digitakt, mainly the reverb.

  • @ipadthai said:
    Digitakt is a fun machine but Octatrack MK1 prices have gotten so low that they can be found at the same or lower price than the Digitakt. I might splurge on one and try it out.

    The things that appeal to me on the Octatrack that the Digitakt doesn't have are the crossfader (a huge plus in my book), the looper, live sampling, time stretching, longer sample lengths, more inputs/outputs, and the ability to backup projects. The one thing keeping me away from the Octatrack was the lack of conditional trigs, but it got that now with the new firmware update. Looks a bit more complicated too of course and I heard some of the effects weren't as good as the Digitakt, mainly the reverb.

    Yes and to add even more dilemna digitakt is getting overbridge
    soonish the which Octatrack will probably never get...

    I'm torn as well :@)

  • @ipadthai said:
    Digitakt is a fun machine but Octatrack MK1 prices have gotten so low that they can be found at the same or lower price than the Digitakt. I might splurge on one and try it out.

    The things that appeal to me on the Octatrack that the Digitakt doesn't have are the crossfader (a huge plus in my book), the looper, live sampling, time stretching, longer sample lengths, more inputs/outputs, and the ability to backup projects. The one thing keeping me away from the Octatrack was the lack of conditional trigs, but it got that now with the new firmware update. Looks a bit more complicated too of course and I heard some of the effects weren't as good as the Digitakt, mainly the reverb.

    People exaggerate quite often about how complicated OT is. For doing DT style stuff it's not hard to learn at all. And then the added depth/possibilities you can just learn as and when you want/need it. Super deep machine though. I still have new ideas of different things to do with it even after 3 years....

    Reverb might not be as 'good' to some tastes but I'll always take insert reverb per track over one send reverb. FWIW I really like the spring reverb. Shitty but in a good way. And it has other, less lofi ones too ;)

    Slices, mem card storage vs 1gb, Arpeggiator and stereo samples are other big selling points that weren't on your list of pros over DT. Scenes/Fader is the clincher tho like you mention. Best feature on OT for me too ;)

    Both good boxes but really not that similar at all in practise except for p-locks and trig conditions.

  • @Iostress said:

    @ipadthai said:
    Digitakt is a fun machine but Octatrack MK1 prices have gotten so low that they can be found at the same or lower price than the Digitakt. I might splurge on one and try it out.

    The things that appeal to me on the Octatrack that the Digitakt doesn't have are the crossfader (a huge plus in my book), the looper, live sampling, time stretching, longer sample lengths, more inputs/outputs, and the ability to backup projects. The one thing keeping me away from the Octatrack was the lack of conditional trigs, but it got that now with the new firmware update. Looks a bit more complicated too of course and I heard some of the effects weren't as good as the Digitakt, mainly the reverb.

    People exaggerate quite often about how complicated OT is. For doing DT style stuff it's not hard to learn at all. And then the added depth/possibilities you can just learn as and when you want/need it. Super deep machine though. I still have new ideas of different things to do with it even after 3 years....

    Reverb might not be as 'good' to some tastes but I'll always take insert reverb per track over one send reverb. FWIW I really like the spring reverb. Shitty but in a good way. And it has other, less lofi ones too ;)

    Slices, mem card storage vs 1gb, Arpeggiator and stereo samples are other big selling points that weren't on your list of pros over DT. Scenes/Fader is the clincher tho like you mention. Best feature on OT for me too ;)

    Both good boxes but really not that similar at all in practise except for p-locks and trig conditions.

    I hear there's a 'pre-sell your body to science' program here in Austin and mine is very large after all, if they pay by the pound. Think I'm going to have to look into it.

  • edited January 2018

    Yeah the fader has been my “holy shit this machine is awesome” moment over and over. Then you get into those LFOs and assigning an LFO depth to the Fader which modulates another LFO which modulates another LFO and things can get real crazy awesome real quick.

    Also in regards to the Reverb it’s really not that bad. Dark Reverb sounds pretty good most of the time. And the Lofi suite of fx is REALLY good. The sample rate reduction especially.

    Keep your eyes peeled for deals. I got my OT mk1 brand new for 850, right when they discontinued them. I am definitely seeing them for 750-850 used regularly.

    (BM3 and Samplr and Thumbjam all make greeeeeat food for the OT)

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @Iostress said:

    @ipadthai said:
    Digitakt is a fun machine but Octatrack MK1 prices have gotten so low that they can be found at the same or lower price than the Digitakt. I might splurge on one and try it out.

    The things that appeal to me on the Octatrack that the Digitakt doesn't have are the crossfader (a huge plus in my book), the looper, live sampling, time stretching, longer sample lengths, more inputs/outputs, and the ability to backup projects. The one thing keeping me away from the Octatrack was the lack of conditional trigs, but it got that now with the new firmware update. Looks a bit more complicated too of course and I heard some of the effects weren't as good as the Digitakt, mainly the reverb.

    People exaggerate quite often about how complicated OT is. For doing DT style stuff it's not hard to learn at all. And then the added depth/possibilities you can just learn as and when you want/need it. Super deep machine though. I still have new ideas of different things to do with it even after 3 years....

    Reverb might not be as 'good' to some tastes but I'll always take insert reverb per track over one send reverb. FWIW I really like the spring reverb. Shitty but in a good way. And it has other, less lofi ones too ;)

    Slices, mem card storage vs 1gb, Arpeggiator and stereo samples are other big selling points that weren't on your list of pros over DT. Scenes/Fader is the clincher tho like you mention. Best feature on OT for me too ;)

    Both good boxes but really not that similar at all in practise except for p-locks and trig conditions.

    I hear there's a 'pre-sell your body to science' program here in Austin and mine is very large after all, if they pay by the pound. Think I'm going to have to look into it.

    Is that what you call “ Selling England by the Pound”?

  • I am definitely hooked ! I’m loving the elektron workflow and haven’t been this excited and satisfied with a piece of gear in a longboard time.
    I’ll be at work fantasizing about what I’m gonna do with the digitakt when I get off. Lol.

    An octatrack is my next purchase for sure ! I’ll prob get an MKI if I can find an insanely low price !

    It’s insane what can be done to a loop when using p-locks and trig conditions.
    Eternally evolving and ever changing sounds.

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:

    @Gaia.Tree said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear look around for a minty Octatrack mk1! You can do everything Knobs does in that video with the Dark Octopus

    I know it's all just accumulated noise (whatever machinery, hard or soft, you use to produce it), but there's something tangible for a man to hold onto there....

    Everybody's getting kitted up: jaq le haq, the sound restroom... Looking for a set of instructional goodness from Mr mcgoodyear

  • Does the octa have anything similar to the control all feature, that's the one I couldn't live without?

  • @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Talking of the big brother, I love this video:

    Especially the razor.

    I don't have the money (today), but I may have to start washing cars and baking cakes.

    That was confusing, actually. In my pea brain, digitakt=animoog and octatrack=Model 15. I know the M15 is more powerful and better in every way. But it frightens me and makes me feel inadequate. And i’m a bit of a stable genius, so that’s saying something.

  • @ExAsperis99 said:

    @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Talking of the big brother, I love this video:

    Especially the razor.

    I don't have the money (today), but I may have to start washing cars and baking cakes.

    That was confusing, actually. In my pea brain, digitakt=animoog and octatrack=Model 15. I know the M15 is more powerful and better in every way. But it frightens me and makes me feel inadequate. And i’m a bit of a stable genius, so that’s saying something.

  • @kobamoto said:
    Does the octa have anything similar to the control all feature, that's the one I couldn't live without?

    No it's just a Digitakt feature.

Sign In or Register to comment.