Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ElasticFX (from Elastic Drums Developer)

Comments

• Hello, everybody, Elastix FX is released now and I will have a demo out very soon
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/elastic-fx/id1041878154?mt=8&uo=4&at=1l3voJz

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    Hello, everybody, Elastix FX is released now and I will have a demo out very soon

Great looking fwd to the demo.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@thesoundtestroom said:
    Hello, everybody, Elastix FX is released now and I will have a demo out very soon

Same here :)

• @ryanjanik said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

It’s uploading now

@ryanjanik said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@thesoundtestroom said:

It’s uploading now

Looking forward to this...

• Here is my demo for Elastic FX

• Me too. I love the Elastic guys and the apps are wondrous. But their demos tend to be a little — what’s the word? Micro-abrasive? Industro-squelchy? Digichaotic? Looking forward to a more musical performance.

Here is my demo for Elastic FX

THAT was fast. Thank you!

• @Korakios said:

@robosardine said:

@Korakios said:

@robosardine said:
    DFX does have bpm - and the automation can be synced to it.

It doesn't sync to midi clock or Link.
    Or I am missing something ?

It has a bpm setting which allows you to sync to incoming beats- and the automation of the parameters can be set to match the bpm- this is all the syncing that I need. I am not even sure why you would want midi or link in DFX- as midi clock would be to the sender in the chain prior to DFX- as would Link?

I wanted to automatically sync DFX to clock or link for ,but it's not an option for now .
    Where is that bpm setting that 'syncs to incoming beats' ?

What I meant was that if you set the bpm in DFX to say 120 then set the bpm to 120 of the sequenced beats coming in- then effects like delay will be synced in time to your groove. There is a button in DFX to sync it's automation to it's bpm. Press the star shaped button at the top right next to DFX logo.

• edited December 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Me too. I love the Elastic guys and the apps are wondrous. But their demos tend to be a little — what’s the word?

>

Craptastic? :)

Meanwhile, Doug’s video - as is so often the case - has given me pause for thought.

Initially, the two fingers up to AU approach was a turn off. But there are some nice effects here. Useful, even. Hmmm. I just wish it said AU in future plans. Nice price, though....I’m starting to lean towards that Buy button.

• Does sound good :) will definitely pick this up at some point.
    I was going to say it would make a great pairing with Soda dj app.
    But then I realised that Soda only supports AU fx :#

• @Zen210507 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    Me too. I love the Elastic guys and the apps are wondrous. But their demos tend to be a little — what’s the word?

>

Meanwhile, Doug’s video - as is so often the case - has given me pause for thought.

Initially, the two fingers up to AU approach was a turn off. But there are some nice effects here. Useful, even. Hmmm. I just wish it said AU in future plans. Nice price, though....I’m starting to lean towards that Buy button.

I can wholeheartedly recommend it - it's superb. Just had a jam with a load of stuff going through it in AUM and you can easily control the amount of FX going on - from subtle to bonkers, and route them in different ways. It's like an easier to use Turnado. Doesn't seem to use much CPU either - despite having Mood, Ripplemaker, and DM1 all chugging away and all four FX slots used, my CPU was still under 60%, unlike DFX which crackles like a bugger.

Love the automation too - you can make something completely new from a loop by changing the pitch and moving it about.

This has gone striaght into the Monzo fun time toolbox.

• edited December 2017

@MonzoPro said:

>

Oh well, with that kind of recommendation, how can I resist.....and, with fab timing, Mrs Zen has just returned bearing an iTunes card for me!

BTW, ‘Monzo Funtime Toolbox’ should, at the least, be the title of your next album. ;) Our next, is provisionally titled ‘Go-Go Bonobo.’

• Looks like fun. Does it have much that Turnado doesn’t? And without kicking off another debate, I would love to know if the developer plans to take this AU in the future.

Going to watch this one.

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

Oh well, with that kind of recommendation, how can I resist.....and, with fab timing, Mrs Zen has just returned bearing an iTunes card for me!

BTW, ‘Monzo Funtime Toolbox’ should, at the least, be the title of your next album. ;)

Done!

Seriously, this is a brilliant app. I'd recommend mucking about in the Levels/EQ/Compression section - it can add real depth to the output of what you're doing. Some FX can leave the audio sounding a bit thin, but this gives the option to add some shaping to the wet and dry signals. Very powerful tool this one.

• Yes all true- it is totally brilliant. The effects sound superb. Dead easy to use. Loving the stutter and gate type effects. I'm a big Turnado fan-there is definitely enough about this to justify buying it if you already have Turnado. In fact I (like you probably) have a basketful of iOS effects - this has already gate crashed my favourites pile.
    It has great sounding effects. It has four at a time. It has different routing options. It has automation. But best of all it has immediacy- you are finding great sounds very quickly- it's great for experimenting. You know how sometimes (often?) you buy an app then later wish you hadn't- it ain't happening here.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Zen210507 said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

>

I can wholeheartedly recommend it - it's superb. Just had a jam with a load of stuff going through it in AUM and you can easily control the amount of FX going on - from subtle to bonkers, and route them in different ways. It's like an easier to use Turnado. Doesn't seem to use much CPU either - despite having Mood, Ripplemaker, and DM1 all chugging away and all four FX slots used, my CPU was still under 60%, unlike DFX which crackles like a bugger.

Love the automation too - you can make something completely new from a loop by changing the pitch and moving it about.

FENCEMAN SAY BUY!

• Man I wish it were on iPhone. Oh well

• edited December 2017

I love the automation. Interested in how the effects are being routed. How can you use this with Cubasis?

• .CPU friendly or not ?

• Hi guys, you already know Elastic FX is out now !!!

Here are all 3 existing video:

EFX is a 4 channel multi-effects processor that’s easy and intuitive to play, but also offers complex options to shape your sound and route the audio effects stream.

It's for iPad only yet, but I already started with iPhone version. And it will be universal, so one price for all your devices.

It supports Inter-App Audio, Audiobus and Ableton Link BUT NOT AUv3.

There are 2 reasons for no AUv3 support yet:
    a) design reason: The app is created with people in mind (like myself), who use one input app (or even hardware) and one effect app
    b) technical reason: We use PureData for the audio engine and PureData is not ready yet for multi instances, which is needed for AUv3

So AUv3 support might come in the future, but it won't be the near future, to be realistic.

I hope you enjoy the app apart from this.

Cheers,
    Oli

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

FENCEMAN SAY BUY!

I already had a nose in this one as I was a fan of the Elastic Drums FX section, particularly the pitch stuff, and always wished I could hoik it out and use it with other stuff, and here it is. I didn't even climb up on the fence boss.

It's so up my street, they might as well have called this The Monzolator.

@Korakios said:
    .CPU friendly or not ?

Yeah. Surprising considering what it's doing.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Korakios said:
    .CPU friendly or not ?

Yeah. Surprising considering what it's doing.

• @magnum38 said:
    Hi guys, you already know Elastic FX is out now !!!

Here are all 3 existing video:

EFX is a 4 channel multi-effects processor that’s easy and intuitive to play, but also offers complex options to shape your sound and route the audio effects stream.

It's for iPad only yet, but I already started with iPhone version. And it will be universal, so one price for all your devices.

It supports Inter-App Audio, Audiobus and Ableton Link BUT NOT AUv3.

There are 2 reasons for no AUv3 support yet:
    a) design reason: The app is created with people in mind (like myself), who use one input app (or even hardware) and one effect app
    b) technical reason: We use PureData for the audio engine and PureData is not ready yet for multi instances, which is needed for AUv3

So AUv3 support might come in the future, but it won't be the near future, to be realistic.

I hope you enjoy the app apart from this.

Cheers,
    Oli

Thanks for explaining, Oli!

• When is it going universal?- the App Store is asking me to pay again for my second iPad

• not showing up on my iPad Mini's app store

• @gkillmaster said:
    not showing up on my iPad Mini's app store

Follow the link at the top of the thread. Search didn't turn it up for me, either.

• Looks like a poor mans’ Turnado...

• @soundklinik said:
    Looks like a poor mans’ Turnado...

Nah. It’s on a par. Pros and cons for both. While it lacks the depth of Turnado’s editing controls, it makes up for it in playability and low CPU footprint. Sounds better too if you fiddle with the EQ and levels.

• @MonzoPro said:

@soundklinik said:
    Looks like a poor mans’ Turnado...

Nah. It’s on a par. Pros and cons for both. While it lacks the depth of Turnado’s editing controls, it makes up for it in playability and low CPU footprint. Sounds better too if you fiddle with the EQ and levels.

Damn it, damn it damn it damn it.... I was wanting you to say just the opposite. Now I have to go get it... Yes @MonzoPro I was waiting for your opinion. Well, the grand-kids really didn't need gifts this year and now its all on you my friend. :)