Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ElasticFX (from Elastic Drums Developer)

Comments

• @magnum38 said:

@supadom said:
    Also @magnum38 is there a way of assigning a cc number as opposed to midi learn? Midi learn is a nightmare when assigning to a physical x y pad as it is close to impossible to touch x without touching y as well. In case of Elastic effects I also have the issue of the app receiving on off message rather that continuous. Strange because I had it assigned to DubFilter, wow and others without any issues. Thanks

Edit. Actually I have the same issue with Wow but Filtatron and DubFilter work fine. Anyone knows what’s going on?

No there is only midi learn. And actually you do not assign to the XY Pad itself, but to some "dummy" X, Y knobs in the Audio & Midi settings overlay

Sorry maybe I wasn’t clear. I have Korg nano pad with an x y pad and I’m trying to assign CCs to it.

• @supadom ah okay, now I got it. So the midi device itself is problematic when it's coming to midi learn ...

• @magnum38 said:
    @supadom ah okay, now I got it. So the midi device itself is problematic when it's coming to midi learn ...

I just used modstep to send the midi CCs I wanted and now it is working great! But I still don’t get it to recognise IAA sync that Loopy is sending to Elastic effect.

• I just used modstep to send the midi CCs I wanted and now it is working great! But I still don’t get it to recognise IAA sync that Loopy is sending to Elastic effect.

Well, the IAA host has to send the sync data. This works really great with AUM. I haven't tried myself with Loopy, yet. But, if it does not work with IAA, then there is still the option, to get it done with Ableton Link Sync

• edited December 2017

@magnum38 said:

I just used modstep to send the midi CCs I wanted and now it is working great! But I still don’t get it to recognise IAA sync that Loopy is sending to Elastic effect.

Well, the IAA host has to send the sync data. This works really great with AUM. I haven't tried myself with Loopy, yet. But, if it does not work with IAA, then there is still the option, to get it done with Ableton Link Sync

Ableton link is no use if you want all the apps to stop at once.
    I don't know why other apps like Patterning can see Loopy’s clock and Elastic Effect no? Also I’ve just fired up Elastic drums and despite it seeing Loopy and receiving start message (the midi light blinks) the ED sequencer won’t start. Most likely the same issue like with Elastic Effects.

@magnum38 said:
    @supadom ah okay, now I got it. So the midi device itself is problematic when it's coming to midi learn ...

As far as continuous CC message from my nanopad Elastic Effects reads it as an momentary rather than continous. I’m not an expert but at this point of all my Effects only Elastic Effects does that so I don’t think is the issue with the device.

• @supadom Maybe ElFX reads the press and release of the pad instead of the x axis?

• @Korakios said:
    @supadom Maybe ElFX reads the press and release of the pad instead of the x axis?

To be completely honest I’m quite lost in all this. I go as far as toggle and momentary but can’t quite phantom the difference between a knob and an x of an x/y pad. They are tricky to assign via midi learn as it is hard to trigger one without accidentally tapping the other. Once I’ve done it using modstep I was expecting for it to work but doesn’t. It does when I move my finger on modstep’s x Y but not on nanopad.

The frustrating thing is that WOW, frekvens, DubFilter and AUM all work as I expected but Elastic Effects doesn’t, it just goes left and right but not in the middle just like a switch. That’s why the dev tells me there’s something wrong with my controller I get a bit flustered.

I’ll probably end up using DubFilter, frekvens or AUMs built in filter. LP/HP is all I need really.

• edited December 2017

@supadom The Korg editor is very good for the nano series, not on iOS unfortunately but it might help fix this problem. Apologies in advance if you have already tried this.

• @db909 said:
    No AU? No problem. Keep em coming devs, I'll buy them. I came here to get away from desktop like workflows.

this

• So since I have to wait for the universal/iPhone version, anyone wanna share some raw ikaossilator stuff ran through this? pretty please and thank you

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Amazing. i’m still uncovering parts of Elastic Drums a full year later.

Same here.
    "Oh hell, I didn't know it did that!" is pretty frequent when I'm messing with it.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    @supadom The Korg editor is very good for the nano series, not on iOS unfortunately but it might help fix this problem. Apologies in advance if you have already tried this.

Yes, I do use it. I have to say I’m quite puzzled by the x y section of the editor but I had good results with other apps so not sure why exactly Elastic Effects isn’t playing ball.

I might just give it another try. Thanks

• @db909 said:
    So since I have to wait for the universal/iPhone version, anyone wanna share some raw ikaossilator stuff ran through this? pretty please and thank you

I have made a wav in AudioShare with a random racket using them both for you. If you want to pm me with your email address I shall send it to you.

• @magnum38 Apologies if it's been asked, but can I slave elastic fx to MIDI clock? It's my only option for sync with the table of crap I use.

• @Processaurus said:
    @magnum38 Apologies if it's been asked, but can I slave elastic fx to MIDI clock? It's my only option for sync with the table of crap I use.

No Midi Clock is not supported yet

• @supadom said:

@Korakios said:
    @supadom Maybe ElFX reads the press and release of the pad instead of the x axis?

To be completely honest I’m quite lost in all this. I go as far as toggle and momentary but can’t quite phantom the difference between a knob and an x of an x/y pad. They are tricky to assign via midi learn as it is hard to trigger one without accidentally tapping the other. Once I’ve done it using modstep I was expecting for it to work but doesn’t. It does when I move my finger on modstep’s x Y but not on nanopad.

The frustrating thing is that WOW, frekvens, DubFilter and AUM all work as I expected but Elastic Effects doesn’t, it just goes left and right but not in the middle just like a switch. That’s why the dev tells me there’s something wrong with my controller I get a bit flustered.

I’ll probably end up using DubFilter, frekvens or AUMs built in filter. LP/HP is all I need really.

Had the same "problem" with kp3 as controller to other apps. The trick is to press first the xy pad , move to the bottom right. Then press midi learn on the iPad ( without releasing your finger on the pad ) and swipe to left on the pad . This way you capture x axis ;)

• @magnum38 said:

@Processaurus said:
    @magnum38 Apologies if it's been asked, but can I slave elastic fx to MIDI clock? It's my only option for sync with the table of crap I use.

No Midi Clock is not supported

Is Link supported ? Generally speaking are there any bpm based effects that need sync ?

• @Korakios said:

@magnum38 said:

@Processaurus said:

Is Link supported ? Generally speaking are there any bpm based effects that need sync ?

Yes, Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio sync are supported. Right now, it's only the PanDelay that can be played in sync (but more of that will follow), when use the effects without automation. AND the automation (==your XY manipulations of the effects) itself will be played in sync

• @magnum38 said:

@Korakios said:

@magnum38 said:

@Processaurus said:

Yes, Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio sync are supported. Right now, it's only the PanDelay that can be played in sync (but more of that will follow), when use the effects without automation. AND the automation (==your XY manipulations of the effects) itself will be played in sync

Thank you very much for the feedback :)

• @realdavidai said:

@supadom said:

@realdavidai said:
    Oh cool. We are AU lover shaming now.

My first thought is to empathise with the dev checking this thread and instead of excitement finding a bunch of disillusioned AU aficionados bemoaning the lack of it.

If you observe Christmas trads I hope you all get grey socks for your prezzies.

I’ve corresponded with this and other developers privately in the past. They are not that fragile :D

:-)

• This looks interesting, but, FWIW, I’m going to hold off until there’s an AU version.

• Easily my favorite FX release of the year: a Perfect combination of features x interface oozing sounds I've never heard before. Total gem and Thank You @elasticdrums

• @whiteout said:
    This looks interesting, but, FWIW, I’m going to hold off until there’s an AU version.

I think he'd have to do a complete rewrite, so...

• @elasticdrums said:

@Processaurus said:

No Midi Clock is not supported yet

Plus one to another sync type other than LINK.

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite fx apps on IOS!

• Does it have Audiobus state saving?
    Planning to pick this one up soon.

• @Korakios said:

@supadom said:

@Korakios said:

Had the same "problem" with kp3 as controller to other apps. The trick is to press first the xy pad , move to the bottom right. Then press midi learn on the iPad ( without releasing your finger on the pad ) and swipe to left on the pad . This way you capture x axis ;)

Great trick, thanks. I've just successfully assigned both wow and EFX to nanopad :D

• @Carnbot said:
    Does it have Audiobus state saving?

Nope, not yet. Goes on the ToDo list

• @elasticdrums said:

@Carnbot said:
    Does it have Audiobus state saving?

Nope, not yet. Goes on the ToDo list

Great, thanks :)