Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUFX apps updated. EDIT: one year ago...

Comments

• Really need to be able to use more than one Eq and Compressor for my projects inside AUM. Why are AUFX not AU? Quite confusing name! Here’s another vote for updates or new AU versions.

• Push, PeakQ and Space after closing and quitting, would make my battery time keep running. Didnt seem to drain the battery, just found it odd. I deleted, problem gone reinstalled and same problem. Ios 11.2.1......Used in Multitrack Daw with iaa. Sorry about the hijack.

• @soundshaper said:
    Really need to be able to use more than one Eq and Compressor for my projects inside AUM. Why are AUFX not AU? Quite confusing name! Here’s another vote for updates or new AU versions.

It’s been years, and there likely will be more years...focus elsewhere :D

• I just can’t find another compressor with side chain that works as well as AUFX:Push but I need more than one instance.

• Maybe @j_liljedahl should change the names just so people won’t expect audio units support. Or better add AUv3 :blush:

• @Munibeast said:
    Maybe @j_liljedahl should change the names just so people won’t expect audio units support. Or better add AUv3 :blush:

Or both. No, wait…

• Would be great if they went AU
    I am missing a couple, would be a nice Easter egg if these go on sale

• I’d pay again or you’ve know, IAPs, I’d like both though, not just AU, having a jam with my band last night, AUs can be so impractical in an improv setting, sometimes a full screen app is handy and keeps you focused without accidentally swiping away, or having to search around for the right copy of the effect on a particular channel.

The AUFX are still the best.

• @soundshaper said:
    I just can’t find another compressor with side chain that works as well as AUFX:Push but I need more than one instance.

now I’m really curious about what you’re using more than one sidechain instance for.

• @gleandibson said:

@soundshaper said:
    I just can’t find another compressor with side chain that works as well as AUFX:Push but I need more than one instance.

now I’m really curious about what you’re using more than one sidechain instance for.

Have you tried Audio Damge Pumphouse? Not really true side chaining, but more of a rhythmic audio dampener or signal level reducer. It may work for you if you don’t need super precise side chaining, but check the reviews before you jump in as I seem to recall this possibly being one of the few problematic plugins from Audio Damage, similar to when Axon was released. Axon has been fixed since then, but not sure about the status of Pumphouse.

• @Calverhall said:
    I’d pay again or you’ve know, IAPs, I’d like both though, not just AU,

Yes to all of the above.

The AUFX are still the best.

Very yes. I still use Dub and Space as my semi-permant send effects in AUM, even though there are plenty of other good'uns in the stable. Love them.

• @gleandibson said:

@soundshaper said:

Ideally I prefer to adjust the amount of sidechained compression on each track that I want to be affected, typically the kick drum as the side chain source for all of the compressors. For instance, the bass will have just a little “ducking”, the lead melody a little more, sustained pads and effects even more.

@CracklePot said:

@gleandibson said:

@soundshaper said:

Have you tried Audio Damge Pumphouse? Not really true side chaining, but more of a rhythmic audio dampener or signal level reducer. It may work for you if you don’t need super precise side chaining, but check the reviews before you jump in as I seem to recall this possibly being one of the few problematic plugins from Audio Damage, similar to when Axon was released. Axon has been fixed since then, but not sure about the status of Pumphouse.

Yes we have Pumphouse, but for sidechaining with live drumming and complex rhythms it’s not so useful. Now if it had the ability to be triggered by a MIDI note rather than just the 16 step sequencer it would be perfect. Especially considering how lightweight it is.

• @Munibeast said:
    Maybe @j_liljedahl should change the names just so people won’t expect audio units support. Or better add AUv3 :blush:

Believe it or not, I do plan to make AUv3 of them. Just need to clear the table first... :/

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

Believe it or not, I do plan to make AUv3 of them. Just need to clear the table first... :/

Make new versions and charge for them. These people will pay! :D

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

That's music to my ears! Take your time, there's no hurry but it's great to know it's coming :smile:

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

Thank you 😊 so much !

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

BTW, @j_liljedahl HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!! :smiley:

• @j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

Just let me get a grip on that tablecloth, and PULL!!!!
    :)

• @Audiojunkie said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

BTW, @j_liljedahl HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a fantastic day!! :smiley:

Say what? Happy Birthday J Lilla! I got you a grip of J Dilla instrumentals. Good for coding. Or watching birds.

• @syrupcore said:

Say what? Happy Birthday J Lilla! I got you a grip of J Dilla instrumentals. Good for coding. Or watching birds.

Woooooooo
    This is perfect for work right now. Thanks for this gem.

• @syrupcore said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@Munibeast said:

Thanks!! :)

• @j_liljedahl How do I choose the input to use for the sidechain source in Push? I have a kick drum source plugged into input 4 on my interface that I want to use to trigger the compressor on my pad sound.

• @soundshaper said:
    @j_liljedahl How do I choose the input to use for the sidechain source in Push? I have a kick drum source plugged into input 4 on my interface that I want to use to trigger the compressor on my pad sound.

The sidechain input port is only available via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. To route a hardware input into the sidechain input, you'll need a flexible host that supports multichannel interfaces and that kind of routing, for example my own app AUM.

• @j_liljedahl said:

@soundshaper said:
    @j_liljedahl How do I choose the input to use for the sidechain source in Push? I have a kick drum source plugged into input 4 on my interface that I want to use to trigger the compressor on my pad sound.

The sidechain input port is only available via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus. To route a hardware input into the sidechain input, you'll need a flexible host that supports multichannel interfaces and that kind of routing, for example my own app AUM.

Yes, I’m using AUM, it’s awesome! But I guess I still need Audiobus to do the routing? I’d like to use a channel in AUM to feed the sidechain input of the compressor that is inserted on another channel in AUM.

I cannot overstate how incredibly useful AUM is for using my MIDI foot pedal to control synth and effect parameters. Would love to get the sidechaining working too so I can assign a footswitch to activate that as well. By the way, it would be really cool to have effect bypass as a MIDI Ctrl destination/option as well (basically would slide it over to the left into partial eject mode).

• @soundshaper said:

@j_liljedahl said:

@soundshaper said:

Yes, I’m using AUM, it’s awesome! But I guess I still need Audiobus to do the routing? I’d like to use a channel in AUM to feed the sidechain input of the compressor that is inserted on another channel in AUM.

You can do that directly in AUM, exactly as you described. Put the AUFX:Push main fx node in one channel, and the sidechain in another channel. The source of each channel can be anything, hardware inputs, other apps, synth plugins, or even a mix bus coming from AUM itself.

I cannot overstate how incredibly useful AUM is for using my MIDI foot pedal to control synth and effect parameters. Would love to get the sidechaining working too so I can assign a footswitch to activate that as well. By the way, it would be really cool to have effect bypass as a MIDI Ctrl destination/option as well (basically would slide it over to the left into partial eject mode).

Thanks! Yeah, MIDI control over bypass will probably come in a future update.

• Before AUFX:Push I didn’t really know how to do sidechain. Now... simple! It works great in AUM or Audiobus either way. Very useful, flexible, and just easy to make it do what you want.

• Lots of love for Aum and the AUFX apps. Every time I see the first half of this thread title I do a double-take. :)

• Is it that long ago? Oh wait, it was today.

• edited June 2018

Still no AU support , don’t think developer is so keen on adding AU

• @djjuniorpops said:
    Still no AU support , don’t think developer is so keen on adding AU

It will happen eventually. He is just really busy with other things, I believe. He was on here last week asking for feedback on some new Midi routing system in AUM.