Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUFX apps updated. EDIT: one year ago...

124»

Comments

• @wim said:

@oat_phipps said:

@wim said:
    Another thing to think about, is the App Store doesn’t have any mechanism to do what people seem to expect - that is to give recent purchasers a break on a new version. Even if they wanted to work something like that out, they couldn’t.

So what are they supposed to do? Cut off their revenue stream for some arbitrary time frame calculated not to piss off too many people by saying “wait! Don’t buy now because an AUv3 version will be available soon,” in the app description?

They can offer a bundle, which gives a discount if you own the older version. That’s better, but still a lot more impactful to them. They have now significantly reduced the return on investment of their time. That couple dollar decrease costs them WAY more than the piddly savings for the relatively few people that would be miffed. It’s a disproportionate burden on the developer. Just skip supersizing that next fast food order and worry about more important things. 😎

I don’t buy the complaining about not knowing the difference between technologies, and agree that if someone doesn’t know the difference it probably doesn’t matter for them. Whatever happened to people taking responsibility for informing themselves before buying? This makes me kind of sad. Especially at the relatively small “investment” level we’re talking about here.

I’m determined myself to be satisfied with the apps I buy as I bought them unless they’re buggy or misrepresented their features. If AUv3 is important to me (it is) then it’s going to take something extra special to move me off that stance. Patterning 2 is such an app. The new features aren’t of sufficient interest to me at this time to make me want it as a stand-alone app. That could change of course.

Nah I stick with Patterning 1. 2's clunky now with its separate pages if you go over 16 steps. Completely ruined the app, especially for programming while its running to find that perfect groove. The only advantage P2 has is importing files.

That post wuz from a long time ago. I did end up getting Patterning 2. Hardly ever use it though despite its greatness.

Whoops! That was from back before Patterning 2 got ruined!

• Huh? Ruined how?