Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who is going to buy the iPhone X?

Comments

• edited November 2017

@Munibeast said:
    I’m holding out for iPhone IX (pronounced 9) or maybe iPhone XS. Or iPhone SEX (pronounced SE10, obviously). Surely they’ll have reintroduced the headphone jack by then. :blush:

iPhone SEX (pronounced SE10, obviously) :) +100

• Definitely getting it. > @CracklePot said:

They need to start leasing iPhones like cars. They are only good for about the same time period for the folks that always look to upgrade.

This is already happening.

• Pre-ordered a 256GB space gray :smiley:

I usually update every second year, and it's time. However the 8 does not have enough appeal, what I really want is the cameras from the 8-plus, but not the size = iPhone X

That, and the fact that this is the anniversary edition. I never had the first iPhone as it was not on sale in my country, so this will be almost as good - call me nostalgic, a fanboy or whatever, but I want a shiny new toy ;)

For music I use my new iPad Pro 10.5" - so the phone will be mainly for other things.

Sure it's expensive, but compared to a 256GB 8+ it's not THAT much more, and I rather have the new tech.

• @Munibeast said:
    Or iPhone SEX (pronounced SE10, obviously). Surely they’ll have reintroduced the headphone jack by then. :blush:

@supadom , this is the one where Siri gives the foot massage.

• @mrufino1 said:

@Munibeast said:
    Or iPhone SEX (pronounced SE10, obviously). Surely they’ll have reintroduced the headphone jack by then. :blush:

@supadom , this is the one where Siri gives the foot massage.

Shit, now other than raising the funds I'll need to find a way to keep the whole thing hidden from my wife. She's not technically minded but can be incredibly (and often wrongly) perceptive.

• edited November 2017

@MonzoPro said:
    Nah, if I had that sort of money I’d get a new computer. Or a car.

>

Maybe both, and a nice Android phone. ;)

• @Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

I’m going to squeeze a couple more years out of this SE, and save up for a new roof :)

• $1100 for a phone?

• Can someone with an iPhoneX please a screen shot of Geoshred and/or Jam Maestro.
    I'm interested to see how much of the playing surface is taken up by the speaker cut out at the top of the screen.

• I'm holding out too, I can only afford (can I even?) to buy a new iphone every other year, and I'll wait until the kinks are worked out. The completely new format will probably break a lot of the apps I use also. :/

• I could have upgraded my 6s plus 128 to the new X but for the same $ amount I picked up a 2017 12.9 iPad Pro 512gb and decided to keep my 6s plus as my primary phone for the next few years. It handles everything I want it to do , plus runs most of my legacy 32bit software since I’m keeping it on iOS 10.

The iPhone 10 is a nice smartphone..love the OLED / AR + larger screen/smaller footprint, but it just doesn’t contribute anything to my music production capabilities. I typically don’t max out the cpu on smartphones, but can use all the cpu Apple throws into an iPad..

• edited November 2017

Can't afford the current price, lol. Would buy in Black Friday. P.S if you were got stuck on how to copy content from the old phone to new iPhone, then this guide provides insights on it.

• My iPhone 6s is still doing excellent, benchmarks near my iPad Pro 12,9.
    And is Rose Gold LoL

• Got my X - it's AWESOME! - put an Apple case on it though - just seems to fragile with all that glass ;-)

• @Peter321 said:
    Got my X - it's AWESOME! - put an Apple case on it though - just seems to fragile with all that glass ;-)

It is awesome because of its great appearance/design - or because of other reasons?

(for your interest: the face ID is hacked now - but still seem to be a bit more safe than fingerprint)

• edited November 2017

@Zen210507 said:

@MonzoPro said:

>

I used to be an Android user. But I wanted to carry along my Garage Band projects on the phone, so I switched to iPhone. Got a 6s which is still good enough for me. And it's got a headphone jack :-)

• @teleb said:
    I used to be an Android user. But I wanted to carry along my Garage Band projects on the phone, so I switched to iPhone. Got a 6s which is still good enough for me. And it's got a headphone jack :-)

Smart move.

• I'm sticking with the simulator.... ;)

• Well, I had to buy a new phone yesterday when my 6s suddenly stopped working a month after buying it at lease end...so I bought a 128gb 6s.

• I have read some people complaining about poor audio from the built-in speaker for apps and speakerphone calls. They say it is super tinny-sounding and crackles like crazy if you push the volume over 50%. But then others argued that their phone is fine in that respect. Could be a bad batch or something, but I was surprised to see that.

• @MonzoPro said:

True. I'd buy a little farm and a couple of horses, and with the rest, I'd buy new Nokia.

• @Looping_Loddar said:

@Peter321 said:
    Got my X - it's AWESOME! - put an Apple case on it though - just seems to fragile with all that glass ;-)

It is awesome because of its great appearance/design - or because of other reasons?

(for your interest: the face ID is hacked now - but still seem to be a bit more safe than fingerprint)

FaceID rocks, it's like having a phone without a password (and the hack seems like very academic, sure you can do it, but it's not going to be practically possible unless you have the cooperation of the "victim" in which case you could just have them unlock the phone).

The swipe gestures work very well (except control center which is now hard to reach).

Speed and cameras are great - awesome to have plus-type cameras in a small form factor.

The screen is just lovely to look at, and the battery life is good.

I don't use it for music (although I have Gadget on it, but mainly for mixing stuff made on my iPad).

• @Peter321 said:

@Looping_Loddar said:

@Peter321 said:

FaceID rocks, it's like having a phone without a password (and the hack seems like very academic, sure you can do it, but it's not going to be practically possible unless you have the cooperation of the "victim" in which case you could just have them unlock the phone).

The swipe gestures work very well (except control center which is now hard to reach).

Speed and cameras are great - awesome to have plus-type cameras in a small form factor.

The screen is just lovely to look at, and the battery life is good.

I don't use it for music (although I have Gadget on it, but mainly for mixing stuff made on my iPad).

Just make sure to put it in a protective case because the rear seems to be rather fragile from what I heard.
    Stiftung Warentest called it the most fragile iPhone of all times.

• @Munibeast said:

Just make sure to put it in a protective case because the rear seems to be rather fragile from what I heard.

Already bought an Apple Leather case for the same reason - I normally carry my phones naked, but I'm gonna rock a case for this one. Also it works very nicely with the camera bump, as it's one combined element now, so the case fits very close around it and it looks good.

• You can get complete information about Where to Buy iPhone X, iphone 8, and 8 plus unlocked in USA from here. https://www.howtoisolve.com/where-to-buy-unlocked-iphone-x-in-usa/

• @Peter321 said:

@Munibeast said:

Already bought an Apple Leather case for the same reason - I normally carry my phones naked, but I'm gonna rock a case for this one. Also it works very nicely with the camera bump, as it's one combined element now, so the case fits very close around it and it looks good.

Only thing that puts me off is the screen burn issue on iPhone X

• edited November 2017

I was reading an article about the iPhone X

http://bgr.com/2017/11/21/iphone-x-review-speed-vs-oneplus-5t/

The thing that really caught my attention was this bit:

"On its surface, iOS 11 has been a pretty terrific update. There are new features and refinements abound, and iOS 11 on the iPhone X introduced a slew of smooth new gestures that further enhance the user experience. But beneath the surface, iOS 11 has also been marred by issues with RAM management.

You wouldn’t know it considering how well the iPhone X has performed thus far in speed tests against rival Android phones, but the phone is actually being held back right now by issues with its operating system. Apple is working to address these issues, but there is currently no fix in place in the latest release build of iOS. As a result, a new champ snuck in and stole the iPhone’s speed test crown."

I wonder if this is the cause of the crackley audio glitches we are experiencing.

• @CracklePot said:
    I was reading an article about the iPhone X

http://bgr.com/2017/11/21/iphone-x-review-speed-vs-oneplus-5t/

The thing that really caught my attention was this bit:

"On its surface, iOS 11 has been a pretty terrific update. There are new features and refinements abound, and iOS 11 on the iPhone X introduced a slew of smooth new gestures that further enhance the user experience. But beneath the surface, iOS 11 has also been marred by issues with RAM management.

You wouldn’t know it considering how well the iPhone X has performed thus far in speed tests against rival Android phones, but the phone is actually being held back right now by issues with its operating system. Apple is working to address these issues, but there is currently no fix in place in the latest release build of iOS. As a result, a new champ snuck in and stole the iPhone’s speed test crown."

I wonder if this is the cause of the crackley audio glitches we are experiencing.

Hopefully and it gets patched soon

• edited December 2017

@jwasdfweiofggskfsic said:
    I want an iPhone X, because I accidentally f-cked up my iPhone SE. However, I’ll see how things go with the X first, because I don’t want to be stuck with a device that has constant latency issues like my Pro. :D

Me too, i am going to buy a New Year's gift for myself after Christmas, i have been using Samsung for 5 years, it is old , I've been preparing for iPhone x for 3 months , we have got a method to switch Samsung to iPhone from Google,

• My prediction is that there’ll be an iPhone X Plus at some stage, and it’ll be bigger than the 6+/7+/8plus, and effectively remove the requirement for an iPad mini to be in the range. Now, if it could work with the Apple Pencil then that’d be worth the extortion.