Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Who is going to buy the iPhone X?

13»

Comments

• I'm using a 6S Plus. I don't think I'll upgrade until it literally doesn't work anymore. I think mobile devices have already reached the same plateau as traditional computers. As long as it works I don't even think about upgrading. I remember being excited by each hardware refresh and I hardly care at all anymore.

• @Matthew said:
    I'm using a 6S Plus. I don't think I'll upgrade until it literally doesn't work anymore. I think mobile devices have already reached the same plateau as traditional computers. As long as it works I don't even think about upgrading. I remember being excited by each hardware refresh and I hardly care at all anymore.

This....almost about everything today.
    I‘m saturated about everything, computer, smartphone, TV, even my old car.
    Also the same with plug-ins and apps.
    There is very few i need/want to buy now.
    I use everything until it is really broken. It could be lots of years with some of them.....good so!
    I can say i escaped finally this G.A.S.

• I did get it. I was disoriented a bit for the first day. But now it’s taken over from my iPad Pro as my most used device. The screen, new gestures, speed, FaceID are all far better than I expected.

• If you do buy the X be really careful. I hear the back glass replacement is over $500.

• @philowerx said:
    If you do buy the X be really careful. I hear the back glass replacement is over $500.

Same for iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Still see a lot of users that don't use a backcover...

• edited February 2018

1 year later I still hate the X form factor and lip. Couldn’t get past it, returned in two weeks for 8plus. Same processing and battery power, bigger phone, no lip.

Xplus and Xpads are on the way. Apple typically addresses first gen design hiccups pretty quickly. That “busted lip” right smack on the face of the device gots to go.

• I don't know

Fucking TMobile and their lying jump on demand program is a scam now

So not sure what to do

Have an 8

• Someone, who shall remain nameless, dropped their phone down the pan. Then proceeded to wash it under the tap :hushed: So, being ever so gallant, I donated my iPhone 6S and was forced to get an X.

Shockingly good phone. I get 2 days battery life (unless using Gadget) at the moment. Screen and speed is lovely.

• edited February 2018

Check out Xfinity Mobile if available in your area @RUST( i )K. Whether or not you decide to upgrade, they make it easy and affordable.

I pay just $32/month for my 8plus + $12 for the 1 gig data I use streaming music/videos while on the beach which is the only place that doesn’t have free WiFi in my city.

They are currently offering a $200 rebate for upgrading to X in my area. I did. Then returned it for my 8plus. They even waved the restocking fee because of how many 8 Plus they had in stock because of the rush toward X.

• Doh, I just caved and got mine today. Very nice so far, looking forward to putting it through it's paces properly tomorrow with some music apps.

• edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2018

Best phone i've ever owned. Screen/speed/audio/speakers/new gestures/camera ------->all top notch (pun intended). But seriously, i don't mind the notch at all, i forgot it's there.

Not using it fully as a music making tool though since i got the new iPad Pro 12.9 for that. Mainly as a daily driver for pretty much everything + being an awesome camera to shoot my music related videos with.

• Just replaced the battery on my 4S, good as new.

• edited March 2018

The iPhone x is the ugliest, dumbest design I've ever seen

• edited March 2018

@Max23 said:

@Peter321 said: (and the hack seems like very academic, sure you can do it, but it's not going to be practically possible unless you have the cooperation of the "victim" in which case you could just have them unlock the phone).

my 2 friends hold you in tight grip,
    I finger your phone out of your pocket, point it at your face
    phone unlocked, nothing academic about that
    you don't need to be Einstein to figure this out
    and you didn't need to cooperate ;)

I wonder what people will do with the ar stuff
    besides the Ikea shopping thing
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/03/02/iphone-x-optical-illusion/
    this stuff will look amazing on iPads, the phone screens are just to small

Lol I just tried to unlock iPhone X with one eye closed in the other slightly peaking. No go until I opened both eyes completely . So you might need a 3rd friend to pry the victim’s eyes open

• edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Max23 said:

@realdavidai said:

@Max23 said:

@Peter321 said: (and the hack seems like very academic, sure you can do it, but it's not going to be practically possible unless you have the cooperation of the "victim" in which case you could just have them unlock the phone).

my 2 friends hold you in tight grip,
    I finger your phone out of your pocket, point it at your face
    phone unlocked, nothing academic about that
    you don't need to be Einstein to figure this out
    and you didn't need to cooperate ;)

I wonder what people will do with the ar stuff
    besides the Ikea shopping thing
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/03/02/iphone-x-optical-illusion/
    this stuff will look amazing on iPads, the phone screens are just to small

Lol I just tried to unlock iPhone X with one eye closed in the other slightly peaking. No go until I opened both eyes completely . So you might need a 3rd friend to pry the victim’s eyes open

are you ticklish? ^^

Unfortunately

• Here’s some thoughts on the iPhoneX, at least compared to the iPhone7 I was upgrading from:

• The notch. I read a lot that people just seem to find themselves not even noticing it in day to day use, and thought it was BS. But I have to say, after only 24 hours I barely even see it in most apps since it’s usually up where the header is in a lot of them.

• FaceID is great. I thought I’d really miss the fingerprint method of before, but this is almost as fast and makes unlocking when wearing gloves (something I do a lot on my bike) MUCH easier. So far it’s never NOT unlocked when I wanted it to, and trying to trick it by having my wife hold it sorta close to my face when I wasn’t paying attention hasn’t worked, nice. There are times I wish I could just unlock it AND go to my home screen using FaceID, without having to swipe up still. Minor crit so far.

• Gestures. The new way you navigate your apps and access things like Control Center is intuitive and personally something I like a lot. Especially being able to swipe sideways on the home slider thing to switch apps. Apple put a lot of emphasis on this phone being the direction of the future, and it makes sense having used it more and seeing how much more fluid navigation is now.

• Size. This is a weird one for me. Just looking at it, I feel like it’s not much bigger than the iPhone7 was. But it does weigh more and is thicker too, so a lot of times I feel more like I’m holding a Plus version of an iPhone even though it’s smaller and lighter. Also, while the screen is a lot bigger than the 7 was, it’s mostly just LONGER/TALLER I feel like. So it’s a little less one-handed in in use for some things. Typing is still easy enough luckily.

• Build quality. Strangely, one thing I really like is the new glass back. I thought my matte black iPhone7 was dead sexy, but it was a freaking nightmare to use without a case of some kind. Way too slippery for me, it’s like they intended it to be accident prone ;) The new glass back is MUCH easier to hold securely though, even when my hands are dry. It’s a fingerprint magnet for sure though. That said, for now I’m going to use a leather case with it just to be safe. Sadly it adds to the thickness some of course, making the X about as thick as I’d want to carry day to day. I may ditch the case at some point and take my chances.

• Screen. The new super retina display is certainly nice, but I wouldn’t say it’s a HUGE upgrade over the last couple of iPhone versions. Also, it’s a touch less bright than I would expect, though I’m gathering this is due to the change to OLED. I realized I’m really used to the faster refresh rate on the 10.5 iPad Pro too, as scrolling on the iPhoneX is noticeably less smooth here.

• Sound. Speakers are working fine here, and are better sounding by a good bit compared to the 7. Definitely sounds like more stereo separation, if that matters on such a small device. Headphone listening sound identical to me compared to my 7, as it should considering the DAC is in the adaptor or external anyway.

Battery is improved for me quite a bit, though last phone was a couple years old so maybe not the most fair comparison. CPU is noticeably faster, I can definitely run more tracks or instruments in my iOS music apps before the phone starts getting warm or the audio breaks up. I haven’t done a side by side for exact numbers, but it’s definitely something you can notice easy enough in use.

All in all, it’s a nice upgrade but certainly not essential. Really looking forward to seeing where AR kit goes though, and glad I have a compatible device now once this starts taking off more.

• As regards the battery, I have been trying to use mine responsibly, so running the phone until the battery goes dead for each charge. At first I was getting about two days before I needed to charge, with reasonable but light usage. This week I charged my phone around 6pm on Sunday evening. Here I am approaching 6pm Wednesday evening and my battery has 13% charge left. Gobsmacked.

• edited March 2018

@Keepitsimple said:
    Best phone i've ever owned. Screen/speed/audio/speakers/new gestures/camera ------->all top notch (pun intended). But seriously, i don't mind the notch at all, i forgot it's there.

Not using it fully as a music making tool though since i got the new iPad Pro 12.9 for that. Mainly as a daily driver for pretty much everything + being an awesome camera to shoot my music related videos with.

I will not purchase an iPhone X (or 8(+)) because the awful camera rendering of the X. Apple screwed really up this time, too much contrast, too much saturation and blown up highlights. Pink becomes brown and brown becomes black in conditions I take most of my pictures. I do not know why everybody says the camera is super. It really produces shitty colors compared to earlier iPhone models.
    It seems that everybody is in some kind of reality distortion field when you get to the X camera. All big media blogs and websites seem to "oversee" the awful color camera issue. And you have to dig really deep to find reviews with some sincere critique. Probably nobody dares to critize Apple afraid that they don't get invites to the big next Apple events. And peopel rhar paid big bucks for their iPhones just will play the game along. It's like the new clothes of the emperor.

Just have a look a theVerge long review of the best camera phones. You note that the iPhone X pics are shit but still they say they are the best after the Pixel 2. Unbelievable.

"As one who made their living for two decades developing software for scientific image processing... In fact, if someone gave me images from the iPhone X, I would have told them "go back to your processing software and dial back the saturation and contrast, you've blown out the image, it's unusable."
    Ted Inoue

If you want to see how awfull the pics are on the X check out this review (with examples)
    https://www.androidcentral.com/heres-how-iphone-camera-stacks-against-pixel-2-real-world

btw the camera's of the 6, 6s and 7 produce way better pictures (when talking about right exposure, etc.) and with much more realistic colors. Of course the X has better lenses and produces sharper pictures than earlier models. But something is not quite right with the camera on the X. Somehow Apple decided saturated colors is the way to go :(

• is that looking at pictures on or off screen?

• My contract is up in November, I’ll see what the contracts are like then. Seems to be a bit marmite with the users here, some love, some hate....

• @greengrocer

Android phones also have an option to change the color scheme from normal to extra colorful like on a TV. But the most important is that it won't bend wearing a skinny jeans. :smiley: