Who is going to buy the iPhone X?

edited October 30 in General Vote Up0

Now that the day comes near that the pre-orders are being delivered. Anybody on this forum pre-ordered the iPhone X and are there people on this forum planning the buy the device in the near future? Just curious.

«1

Comments

  • 54 Comments sorted by Date Votes
  • Nah, if I had that sort of money I’d get a new computer. Or a car.

  • I have had like 9 iPhones. This is the first time that I am passing. I got an 8+ and it’s great. I want to see how this 1st gen product plays out.

  • Excited to receive mine. Two week wait boo

  • No headphone jack, no iPhone.

  • I want an iPhone X, because I accidentally f-cked up my iPhone SE. However, I’ll see how things go with the X first, because I don’t want to be stuck with a device that has constant latency issues like my Pro. :D

  • edited October 30 Vote Up0

    @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    I want an iPhone X, because I accidentally f-cked up my iPhone SE. However, I’ll see how things go with the X first, because I don’t want to be stuck with a device that has constant latency issues like my Pro. :D

    R.I.P for your iphone SE.. I`m looking for a iphone that can run these music app,how about iphone SE (in ios 11).? :)

  • My iphone 7+ Is going strong, absolutely no issues and it has a headphone output. Gonna ride it out as long as possible.

  • I got an eight, but I mostly do music on my iPad pro. Basically just using my work device allowance before losing it.

  • @vpich said:
    My iphone 7+ Is going strong, absolutely no issues and it has a headphone output. Gonna ride it out as long as possible.

    Ooh! One of the very rare sevens with headphone out. Cool!

  • @DeVlaeminck said:

    @vpich said:
    My iphone 7+ Is going strong, absolutely no issues and it has a headphone output. Gonna ride it out as long as possible.

    Ooh! One of the very rare sevens with headphone out. Cool!

    Haha whoops! Meant 6+

  • iOS 11 has slowed my iPhone 6 somewhat, but I have no interest in replacing it with the X.

  • Prices start at €1159 ($1350) in the Netherlands and no way in Xibalba am I going to pay that much money for an object that will need to be replaced in three years.

  • CibCib
    edited October 31 Vote Up0

    @brambos said:
    Prices start at €1159 ($1350) in the Netherlands and no way in Xibalba am I going to pay that much money for an object that will need to be replaced in three years.

    But you know the next iPads will exceed that maybe!
    But i agree....for that i will buy a razor blade or something notebook :o

  • @Cib said:

    @brambos said:
    Prices start at €1159 ($1350) in the Netherlands and no way in Xibalba am I going to pay that much money for an object that will need to be replaced in three years.

    But you know the next iPads will exceed that maybe!

    The Pro models perhaps, but not the regular consumer-grade iPads. If anything they're getting cheaper with every generation. And they're plenty fast enough for high end audio work these days.

  • CibCib
    edited October 31 Vote Up0

    @brambos said:

    @Cib said:

    @brambos said:
    Prices start at €1159 ($1350) in the Netherlands and no way in Xibalba am I going to pay that much money for an object that will need to be replaced in three years.

    But you know the next iPads will exceed that maybe!

    The Pro models perhaps, but not the regular consumer-grade iPads. If anything they're getting cheaper with every generation. And they're plenty fast enough for high end audio work these days.

    Not for me :D
    But since the new pro seems sometimes perform worse you might be right.

  • Got me an iPhone 6s 3 weeks ago. Still a model with headphone jack. Now that the 8 and X are out, one can find it for a quite low price.
    My Garage Band projects which I transferred from my iPad are playing nicely on this one, including the AU Plugins Noise and Poison-202.
    The speed of the 6s generally feels good for me. I am still on iOS 10, though.

  • For me too the 6S plus is the most "versatile" iOS device. On iPhone i won't run big projects, just self contained apps like NanoStudio or synths like Zeeon (soon) and Mitosynth.
    It has a headphone jack, knobs and keys are more usable than iPad apps on the iPad mini and it has 3D touch which makes it a million times more expressive if you play on screen.
    I considered to build me a rack with a macbook and 2 iPhones connected as midi controller and/or sound source. I wonder if i can connect 2 iOS devices at the same time with a mac since i would put that in a self made chassis and i just have to power the macbook.

  • @brambos said:
    Prices start at €1159 ($1350) in the Netherlands and no way in Xibalba am I going to pay that much money for an object that will need to be replaced in three years.

    Quite weird to have got to the point where a mobile phone, can now cost over three times the value of the old banger car I drive on a daily basis (about four hundred quid). Though at least I can increase its value considerably by filling it with diesel.

  • edited October 31 Vote Up0

    Three things that I don't like about the iPhone X is that bezel with the cameras and sensor at the top of the phone that intrudes on the screen meaning a small part of any images, UI and videos on the display are cutout and having to use face ID to unlock the phone and the outrageously expensive price. I wonder what faults this new iPhone will have once it is released. I think I will pass on this because I am still happy with my iPhone 6S Plus.

  • I had an iPhone for years but I do my music making on my iPad Pro and couldn’t get on with music making on such a small screen. So my last phone upgrade was to a Samsung Android phone and I have to say I don’t miss my iPhone at all. In fact there are things I love about the new phone that I couldn’t do with my iPhone, like I have added cheap memory so that I can now fit my whole music collection on my phone, which I could never do on my iPhone. Horses for courses.

  • I might get a 64GB iPhone 8+ at some point when my old 5 gives up completely and/or no longer gets any app updates...

    I don't mind bezels on the regular 8/8+ but the 'upper lip' on the X is just 'wtf were they thinking with'?!
    One doesn't even get the full 'full screen experience' when parts of the screen are 'blocked'...

  • I would only use it for texting and playing as a glorified iPod, so no way am I spending that money on a phone!

  • Too damn expensive for a phone

    I'm waiting for SE 2. Hope they won't remove the headphone jack

  • They need to start leasing iPhones like cars. They are only good for about the same time period for the folks that always look to upgrade.

  • edited October 31 Vote Up0

    1150 or 1320 Euro for an iPhone?? With face identification technology. And 50 percent profit for Apple.

    LOL!!

    A really nice used iPhone 7 with 128 GB will cost me 550 Euro or less. If i use it for two years and then sell it again, i will get 200 Euro or such for it.

    In the end of the day a nice iPad is more important to me. I can live without any issue even with an iPhone 4s.

  • Also, for those buying the new iPhone X... be extra careful. A cracked screen replacement will set you back $279

    https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/10/27/16556934/iphone-x-screen-repair-costs-out-of-warranty

  • Only if Siri now can do foot massage.

  • edited October 31 Vote Up0

    @Looping_Loddar said:
    1150 or 1320 Euro for an iPhone?? With face identification technology. And 50 percent profit for Apple.

    LOL!!

    A really nice used iPhone 7 with 128 GB will cost me 550 Euro or less. If i use it for two years and then sell it again, i will get 200 Euro or such for it.

    In the end of the day a nice iPad is more important to me. I can live without any issue even with an iPhone 4s.

    When talking prices. The X is nearly twice as expensive as the iPad Pro 10.5 for that you get more or less the same tech specs and much better speakers.

  • Nope. There are so many iOS things I would rather have than a $1200 iPhone. A grid of used iPhones to use as motion controllers... a row of 9.7 iPads for MIDI control... or an iPad pro... Or some new hardware! A sub 37... That iPhone x is nonsense when you think about what else you could have for about the same price.

  • edited November 1 Vote Up0

    I’m holding out for iPhone IX (pronounced 9) or maybe iPhone XS. Or iPhone SEX (pronounced SE10, obviously). Surely they’ll have reintroduced the headphone jack by then. :blush:

Sign In or Register to comment.