Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auxy Future Plans.

Comments

• Probably one of those things I’ll sign up for over the summer when I’m out and about working on tracks. Actually, that makes me wonder, do you have to be online to get access to the sounds? Hmm, might be a no go for me then.

• @db909 said:
    @ExAsperis99 yeah I had the same initial reaction. But it’s actually pretty reasonable. It’s a subscription for a new service within the app basically, not the basic app functions itself

Haven't fiddled yet, but interesting they are trying to find a new way to slice and dice the money cat.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:
    @ExAsperis99 yeah I had the same initial reaction. But it’s actually pretty reasonable. It’s a subscription for a new service within the app basically, not the basic app functions itself

Haven't fiddled yet, but interesting they are trying to find a new way to slice and dice the money cat.

If you do not download the update, the cat is both sliced and unsliced.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@db909 said:

If you do not download the update, the cat is both sliced and unsliced.

I hear you Erwin....

• Subscription is not what I was hoping for, I don’t like that approach with software these days. I’d prefer to pay one off fee for each ‘feature’ and be done with it.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2018

@d4d0ug said:
    meh no import without subscription......ah well. i'm sure there will be some other new releases and updates coming soon for other apps.

i'd be happy with IAP for just the import feature.

do understand developers need a revenue stream tho. i get that.

Innit mate I’d pay for that, maybe price that feature alone just abit more as an IAP, atleast people have a choice? With Subcription I think what if I don’t use the app for a few weeks, feels like I’m wasing my money otherwise.

• The problem I have with Auxy, is the constant changes to the thing. The original version, with the IAP’s I bought was brilliant, then it was all change, then free, then a separate version, then another big change, now subscriptions.

I can’t invest in something that might be completely different again in 6 months time. Particularly when the latest version isn’t as good (IMHO) as the original.

• Damn. I updated. If I hadn’t I probably could have just bought all the rest of the packs and then updated. Then I could use all those packs without subscribing.

After you update you cannot buy sound packs individually. You keep the ones you had but if you want more it’s all or nothing.

Werent sound packs $10? That means supposing they had made sound packs at a decent rate and you liked them, you could have bought one every couple months even if they hadn’t done the subscription model. And it you would have spent the same. It remains to be seen how much you get for your money. They say one new stuff every month (but not stuff you necessarily use). But that is defrayed by being able to import.

So…I’m not saying $50 a year (best case—year paid in full) is a bad deal, but it is a commitment to using the app a lot. I think committing to things despite limitations is generally a good thing for creativity even if it’s arbitrary. The hard thing about computers and iPads is it’s hard to limit yourself and just suffer a little for your art. It’s discipline. Good art is work too.

lol Auxy never made me suffer tho. Dunno. It’s a tough call.

• @MonzoPro said:
    The problem I have with Auxy, is the constant changes to the thing. The original version, with the IAP’s I bought was brilliant, then it was all change, then free, then a separate version, then another big change, now subscriptions.

I can’t invest in something that might be completely different again in 6 months time. Particularly when the latest version isn’t as good (IMHO) as the original.

Totally agree with you there matey.
    Not going to have my pants pulled down agian by them. :D

• @SealTeamSick sound packs have always been 4.99. They might have had a bundle once for ten or something

• edited January 2018

Well one cool thing is you can import from other apps directly. The “copy to Auxy” thing shows up. Max sample length is 10 secs. And they don’t have it set up for importing and sequencing melodic samples only Drums now but apparently that’s coming. Also the sounds now all have both tone and shape controls where previously it was one or the other. Goddammit i just really wish it had a playing surface and live recording. New sounds are cool. But if you make your music by jamming, Auxy is automatically a compromise

• Shame it’s still a standalone app

• Beat Hawk.

Yep.

Highest quality samples on iOS and one of the most well done apps ever.

Could be actually.

• edited January 2018

@Sebastian
    Ok, now the update is here. Remembering your statement about it “beeing significant for the whole mobile ecosystem” can you elaborate? Functionalities and possible uses of the app, the quality of the sound packs something else? The subscription model?
    I’m genuinely curious about your thoughts on this one.

• @DeVlaeminck said:
    @Sebastian
    Ok, now the update is here. Remembering your statement about it “beeing significant for the whole mobile ecosystem” can you elaborate? Functionalities and possible uses of the app, the quality of the sound packs something else? The subscription model?

As am I. This update didn’t immediately strike me as that significant

• @db909 said:

@DeVlaeminck said:
    @Sebastian

As am I. This update didn’t immediately strike me as that significant

It's the subscription stuff. If this works for the Auxy team, it means that they found a viable long term way to fund development of a creative music app, without having to rely on releasing new SKUs, IAPs, or other monetisation methods that are flawed in one way or another.

• Well, how about paying for updates? Like taking your Skoda to a mechanic.

Much better than subscription service. I know it sounds ‘wrong’ but after a little thought I rather like the idea of paid app ‘servicing’. It probably isn’t very different than subscription but somehow doesn’t take away the ownership of the app.

• edited January 2018

Just launched Auxy... without the subscription there seems to be an extremely limited amount of content. Only two drum sample sets? There just seem to be so many other options, especially if the aren’t supporting MIDI out. It’s rare for me to uninstall an Audio App, but this one is gone.

I always wonder how developers decide on the pricing of their apps. When the Ulysses app wemt subscription I was bummed, but accepted their reasoning that it would allow usuage on all devices (Mac and iOS), but a subscription model for Auxy... hmmn, not sure how I reconcile my desire to support developers with my dislike of (in my opinion) over prices subscription. When my monthly Evernote cost is ¥480 yen it is extremely hard to pay ¥550 for something like Auxy.

• Auxies will outlive all of us. It has a fortunately young user base which is paying for Spotify where a pretty decent playlist of music made on Auxy is present. I don’t think those youngsters will mind paying a little fee to be enabled to create music with ease within a pretty lively community which is very much interested into making music rather than discussing on viable market decisions. The next Martin garrix will much probably come from Auxy forums rather then from this very one. And it will push the whole platform as MG did for FLS. And no, it is not about if we like EDM or not but rather if somebody will be making something mainstream out of here.

• DCJDCJ
    edited January 2018

@mschenkel.it said:
    Auxies will outlive all of us. It has a fortunately young user base which is paying for Spotify where a pretty decent playlist of music made on Auxy is present. I don’t think those youngsters will mind paying a little fee to be enabled to create music with ease within a pretty lively community which is very much interested into making music rather than discussing on viable market decisions. The next Martin garrix will much probably come from Auxy forums rather then from this very one. And it will push the whole platform as MG did for FLS. And no, it is not about if we like EDM or not but rather if somebody will be making something mainstream out of here.

Whitney Houston said it best:

“I believe the children are our future.”

• Well I’ll say this: if you’ve already bought some sound packs, you get a free trial of the new sound subscription, and if you’ve been looking for great drum samples to use anywhere, this is a GREAT DEAL. It’s still a great deal for 4.99 if you need some Drums. You can use stem export to rip 20 samples at a time cause they upped the track limit to 20. Can always cancel after youve got what you want. And there’s A TON to choose from.

• @db909 said:
    Well I’ll say this: if you’ve already bought some sound packs, you get a free trial of the new sound subscription, and if you’ve been looking for great drum samples to use anywhere, this is a GREAT DEAL. It’s still a great deal for 4.99 if you need some Drums. You can use stem export to rip 20 samples at a time cause they upped the track limit to 20. Can always cancel after youve got what you want. And there’s A TON to choose from.

Don't think I can be bothered/need to rip, but as I have a few packs I would get a couple of months 'free'. Might try it, but the question -as ever- would be would I use it sufficiently? As has been mentioned the psychology of the clock ticking (or the meter running) is very different to that lazy Friday night purchase etc.

Thinking maybe I should use it exclusively for a few weeks, commit to making something for SOTM perhaps using only Auxy and then see how I feel about a sub. Real problem is I have so many pretty fish in my (purchased) pond now. If I had nothing else/there was nothing else I'd join up for 4.99 a month without a qualm, but those days are long, long gone....

• @JohnnyGoodyear yeah I hear ya. I already cancelled my free trial so it wouldn’t renew. I got 2 months and I think the trial period varies based on how many you already owned. The good news is it was VERY easy to cancel. It just takes you straight to iTunes from within the app where it lists the subscription and then it’s one click.

• edited January 2018

They’ve gone subscription? How very disappointing. I will now delete this app.

As for their comment

Quite frankly, we haven't heard any track made in any other mobile app that comes anywhere close to what you guys are releasing.“

Are these guys living in a bubble. We could all point them at very good quality tracks made with IOS based apps, that sound a lot better than anything made with Auxy.

• @DCJ said:

>

Someone who (allegedly) burned their way through 100,000,000 dollars in drugs may not be the best source. :)

• @Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said:

>

Someone who (allegedly) burned their way through 100,000,000 dollars in drugs may not be the best source. :)

Wow. First rap now Whitney... I’m sensing a theme here.

• edited January 2018

@DCJ said.

>

Seriously. Anyone can make a mistake, but WH kept making the same mistake until it ruined her, and ultimately contributed toward her senseless death. This is not a ‘victim’ of anything other than her own skanky lifestyle.

As for rap, there are some great acts, actually saying something, from Gil Scott-Heron up the line of time to Kate Tempest. Then there are the complete waste’s of space pretending that preaching hatred and debauchery is a culture!

• @Zen210507 said:

@DCJ said.

>

Seriously. Anyone can make a mistake, but WH kept making the same mistake until it ruined her, and ultimately contributed toward her senseless death. This is not a ‘victim’ of anything other than her own skanky lifestyle.

As for rap, there are some great acts, actually saying something, from Gil Scott-Heron up the line of time to Kate Tempest. Then there are the complete waste’s of space pretending that preaching hatred and debauchery is a culture!

The preacher has spoken. Let us all now pray...

• @DCJ said:
    The preacher has spoken. Let us all now pray...

>

Not biting.

Tried to make a point, fairly. If that doesn’t work for you, have a lovely day.