Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Xequence midi sequencer ?

Comments

• Ok... I am ready to write music again.. this time in a more ‘productive way’ ..with Xequence and AB3...

Let’s get it on... release the beast...

Thank You...

• @colonelgeil interesting to know your ob6 uses control change numbers above 119. According to the MIDI specification, only control change numbers 1 thru 119 are "normal" continuous controllers, the rest are reserved for special purposes (0 is a part of Bank Select, and 120 and above are Channel Mode Messages). But I might allow "non-standard" control change numbers with a toggle in Settings in a future update.

• edited August 2018

@colonelgeil I've just looked your device up, and indeed it uses Control Change numbers 120 and above for the standard "reserved" purposes, so I'm not sure why you would want to send those manually?

• @SevenSystems with midi learn and lots of controller, I'm using a lot cc's from 120 to 127...
    I really wish I could set any CC in the biggest range possible. :)

• @SevenSystems : What app developer works harder than you? Excellent job!

• @Telstar5 they, for the most part, all do. @SevenSystems is prob just a lot more communicative.

• The Update is Great !!! Wrote a Review on AppStore, but still Cant See it..
    Kind of Perfect.. the audiobus Integration was Kind of the missing link for me .. now audiobus Can be a Midi and audioworkstation .. simple to Start with a groovebox like iELECTRIBE, Gadget , iSpark or so and add other stuf with xequence..
    a Really good Addition still Would be to Import midiloops into specific Midi-Regions.. that Would make any other Midi-looper obsolete and the Workflow really smooth..as xequence is a nice light and smooth app.. 5;5 mb ..awesome !!!
    Great Job !!!

• @cb1974 just saw your review, thanks a lot!

The "Import MIDI file at current song position and track" is on the todo list.

• edited August 2018

@SevenSystems

I fired up Xequence for the first time today.. and started exploring without the manual. I came quite far, it's easy to understand. I'm sequencing Gadget without a problem..
    I really like the light skin theme... I don't like all those apps with an all dark theme, those are only good to see when you turn the brightness up to full...
    I like the app.. the minimal clean styling is very nice.. I also like the way you move notes around with the slider...

One thing that I can't get to work is chords... I expected that when selecting the 'chords' button (grey highlighted) I could play chords by hitting 1 key.. but it still sends only 1 note to my synth....

Can you help me with that?

• @SlowwFloww said:
    One thing that I can't get to work is chords... I expected that when selecting the 'chords' button (grey highlighted) I could play chords by hitting 1 key.. but it still sends only 1 note to my synth....

Can you help me with that?

Glad you like the app. Yes, the "Chords" button just selects one of the scale categories, it's not really a chords feature. (the category is like "Triads", but with 4 notes per octave instead of 3).

Maybe the category should be renamed to avoid confusion.

(and seriously, this forum is REALLY REALLY buggy on iPhone Safari!)

• @SevenSystems Great update with Audiobus; now any ETA on bank select? :)

• @busker, on the list for the next major update :)

• edited August 2018

@SevenSystems : My crystal ball says airtight very near future integration between this and Audio Evolution if it isn’t there already . So great to see you and Davey on here together ironing out the wrinkles in what could become a truly colossal application, your respective two apps being two parts of a same whole . Bravo . I have them both .

• edited August 2018

@SevenSystems

Damn, the way you select, move and change the lenght of the notes in Xequence (with the sliders) is really, really clever! It prevents you from changing stuff by accident, it gives you great control of your sequence - very important with a portable device like the iPad....It's well thought out, Xequence reminds me of Ableton: minimalistic but good design..

And yeah I know.... I've said this already :)

(one thing I would really really love is a chords feature and arp/note repeat)

• @SlowwFloww thanks very much! And yes, Chord pads are on the roadmap as you probably know :) I don't think an arpeggiator will be added soon, Polyhymnia has this covered quite well (and for note repeat, there's the Fill function)... :)

• Hi @SevenSystems

Only just found Xequence, so have not kept up with all the conversations on here, so I will just ask:

As Xequence does a lovely job of letting you control scales and key, have you considered a possible track to control changes of this? The track could change the scales and key for all instruments, unless an exception key is on in particular tracks.

This would really help people like myself who use scales for onscreen keyboards often due to poor hand coordination these days. Yes, the scale and key would need to be shown so you would know as it changes and it would need to be an optional system.

I’m sure you probably already have a large list of ‘to do’ things buzzing around in your head, so just another idea to mull over lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Hi @SevenSystems

Only just found Xequence, so have not kept up with all the conversations on here, so I will just ask:

As Xequence does a lovely job of letting you control scales and key, have you considered a possible track to control changes of this? The track could change the scales and key for all instruments, unless an exception key is on in particular tracks.

This would really help people like myself who use scales for onscreen keyboards often due to poor hand coordination these days. Yes, the scale and key would need to be shown so you would know as it changes and it would need to be an optional system.

I’m sure you probably already have a large list of ‘to do’ things buzzing around in your head, so just another idea to mull over lol

Hi and glad you're enjoying the app. It is possible to use several different keys / scales in a song, however it is kind of a workaround and may not be immediately obvious. There's a section in the manual about it:

• @SevenSystems said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Hi @SevenSystems

Hi and glad you're enjoying the app. It is possible to use several different keys / scales in a song, however it is kind of a workaround and may not be immediately obvious. There's a section in the manual about it:

Thanks. Good work around for slow building of track, but could be quite confusing when I build tracks live. I often ‘Jam’ my tracks live and will be switching instruments really quick, playing a few notes and then switching again. It’s a habit I’ve got from when I used to have racks of synths in my home studio. Now my hands simply struggle to keep up and my mind is much slower to react lol.

That’s one of the reasons I’m taken with Xequence - it’s so easy to use the onscreen keys on the fly and helps take me into a zone where I’m concentrating on note input and not worried about the synths themselves. Most apps though leave me with the choice of having to use the full keyboard or use scales (much easier for my stiffening up hands).

I shall try your workaround, it at least will help to some degree. Also, I shall endeavour to read the manual sometime (I know I’m just lazy).

Best regards
    Fruitbat1919

• @SevenSystems I was wondering even though you stated it wasn't planned at all if there is a chance we might get a tempo track in the future? Because I think it's the only feature missing in your app.

• tjatja
    edited September 2018

@Norbert said:
    @SevenSystems I was wondering even though you stated it wasn't planned at all if there is a chance we might get a tempo track in the future? Because I think it's the only feature missing in your app.

I do miss Chords more

• edited September 2018

@tja said:

@Norbert said:
    @SevenSystems I was wondering even though you stated it wasn't planned at all if there is a chance we might get a tempo track in the future? Because I think it's the only feature missing in your app.

I do miss Chords more

Come on, learn some music theory and write chords yourself. No need of a feature for that :)

• @Norbert said:

@tja said:

@Norbert said:

I do miss Chords more

Come on, learn some music theory and write chords yourself. No need of a feature for that :)

Haha :) I think it's more about the inconvenience of accurately playing chords on a touchscreen, even if you're Beethoven himself ;)

A tempo track is really cumbersome to add because of (intentional) limitations of the engine, but if some day the million euros start flowing from Xequence sales and I get the time to implement whatever I want, then I'll reconsider! Until that happens, I unfortunately have to concentrate on features that promise to give at least a trace of ROI.

• @Norbert said:

@tja said:

@Norbert said:

I do miss Chords more

Why should I desperately try to exactly hit multiple keys on an onscreen-keyboard, when there are lots of Apps doing that for me?

Even many DAWs have this implemented.

But Xequence is reducing or even removing my need for a DAW and I also could love to get rid of additional Apps to play Chords, when Xequence finally supports them.

• @tja and others -- can you point me again at some apps that in your opinion are particularly good at chords? Just trying to get an overview...

• @SevenSystems said:
    @tja and others -- can you point me again at some apps that in your opinion are particularly good at chords? Just trying to get an overview...

Navichord

• I just made a drum map for the TR-09. Is it something that could be a preset?

• @NTKK said:
    I just made a drum map for the TR-09. Is it something that could be a preset?

If you email the drum map (it's a .xeqdrums file in Xequence's folder) to me, I can probably include it in the next update! Cheers!

• @SevenSystems said:

@NTKK said:
    I just made a drum map for the TR-09. Is it something that could be a preset?

If you email the drum map (it's a .xeqdrums file in Xequence's folder) to me, I can probably include it in the next update! Cheers!

I’m sure the BM3 map will be appreciate as well - you could do BM3 x16 and BM3 x64.

• edited September 2018

Will do. I’ll make the TR-08 later - but not today:)
    Is recorded midi a little slower than programmed midi - when editing?

• @NTKK said:
    Will do. I’ll make the TR-08 later - but not today:)
    Is recorded midi a little slower than programmed midi - when editing?

Do you mean that the editor (zooming, scrolling etc.) is more sluggish? That could happen if you have lots of controller data in the controller editor. You can always use the "Reduce" function from the Magic Wand menu.