Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Multimedia Syntronik

Comments

• Is this app not universal? I paid for the full version yet my iPhone won’t restore purchases? Anyone else

• It should I have it on my iPhone SE latest. Have you tried rebooting?

• i have bought it on my iphone as was able to update my ipad no problem

• @Shazamm said:
    Is this app not universal? I paid for the full version yet my iPhone won’t restore purchases? Anyone else

Check with support at the link below. This does sound odd.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

• Is it at all possible to share presets between devices? I want to transfer some presets from IPad to iPhone.

I can’t see anyway to do it in the app but I could be missing something. Or maybe there’s some behind the scenes way to do it!

Thanks!

• I have the free version on my iphone. I cannot seem to find a way to change the octave range. Is this a limitation of the free version, or is there a way to do it and I am just not seeing it?

• @Ws205 said:
    I have the free version on my iphone. I cannot seem to find a way to change the octave range. Is this a limitation of the free version, or is there a way to do it and I am just not seeing it?

Click on keyboard icon in the left, and set scroll on. You will be able to change octave by swiping keyboard.

• @Ws205 said:
    I have the free version on my iphone. I cannot seem to find a way to change the octave range. Is this a limitation of the free version, or is there a way to do it and I am just not seeing it?

I think there are no limitations in the free version, just not as many synths/presets. Maybe iPhone differences though, but not any limitations that I am aware of.

• Hello @ikmultimedia - I just purchased the desktop version of Syntronik to be used as VST in Cubase. I have the full iOS version as well. Can I share presets between iOS and desktop versions, or at least share a preset created on iOS to desktop? That was my intended workflow. Thanks! (Also - off topic - the GUI resizing in the VST in Cubase is not working: I initially could enlargen it but it now I cannot make it smaller anymore)

• @MichaelRocketship said:
    Is it at all possible to share presets between devices? I want to transfer some presets from IPad to iPhone.

I can’t see anyway to do it in the app but I could be missing something. Or maybe there’s some behind the scenes way to do it!

Thanks!

@gosnote said:
    Hello @ikmultimedia - I just purchased the desktop version of Syntronik to be used as VST in Cubase. I have the full iOS version as well. Can I share presets between iOS and desktop versions, or at least share a preset created on iOS to desktop? That was my intended workflow. Thanks! (Also - off topic - the GUI resizing in the VST in Cubase is not working: I initially could enlargen it but it now I cannot make it smaller anymore)

Unfortunately, presets will not be transferable between platforms at this time. I will however be more than happy to pass along your feedback here.

As for your issues with GUI resizing @gosnote, check with support to see what could be up here.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/

• edited November 2018

Seems to be on sale, along with IAPs(?).

• Such a great sounding app.

• all ikmultimedia apps and IAPs are 50% off right now

• edited November 2018

Gotta say I feel a little bit like I was mislead after spending $5, only to discover it hardly comes with any sounds at all (I knew it was limited but the app store made it sound like it had more than only 25 sounds by by default). Turns out the IAPs are not showing up as being on sale in the app.

EDIT: Put in for a refund (I rarely do this)

• @Janosax said:

@Ws205 said:

Click on keyboard icon in the left, and set scroll on. You will be able to change octave by swiping keyboard.

Ipad here, and same problem. I cannot change octave range, Scroll on feature won't do anything. Account says that my app is registered. What's happening?

• @Sergiu said:

@Janosax said:

@Ws205 said:

Ipad here, and same problem. I cannot change octave range, Scroll on feature won't do anything. Account says that my app is registered. What's happening?

When scroll is on, you gotta drag the tip-top edge of the KB. It should display a thin grey bar and be scrollin’ away.

• CS just got an update but it looks like it’s just for adding a subscription. I haven’t updated it because I’m not positive I won’t lose my purchases

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    CS just got an update but it looks like it’s just for adding a subscription. I haven’t updated it because I’m not positive I won’t lose my purchases

Just updated mine, didn’t lose anything. I have not the CS but the full.
    I think it is just an option to rent those synths you haven’t bought yet.

• @GLacey said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    CS just got an update but it looks like it’s just for adding a subscription. I haven’t updated it because I’m not positive I won’t lose my purchases

Just updated mine, didn’t lose anything. I have not the CS but the full.
    I think it is just an option to rent those synths you haven’t bought yet.

Okay cool, thanks I just updated mine and still have my previous synths I bought. Huzzah!

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Okay cool, thanks I just updated mine and still have my previous synths I bought. Huzzah!

Just for curiosity, can you see how much is the subscription?

• edited July 2020

@GLacey said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:

Just for curiosity, can you see how much is the subscription?

$9.99 a month for all 22 synths
    Vs.
    $99.99 one time fee

• edited July 2020

@Ryan_IK
    I'm so confused right now. How is this version different than the Original version? I own all the synths from the Original Syntronik iOS app, but I notice it hasn't been updated in over a year.

What exactly is the Syntronik CS version...and why are there two versions of this app? The App description doesn't really help make that clear to existing owners.

Thanks for the info in advance.

• @echoopera said:
    @Ryan_IK
    I'm so confused right now. How is this version different than the Original version? I own all the synths from the Original Syntronik iOS app, but I notice it hasn't been updated in over a year.

What exactly is the Syntronik CS version...and why are there two versions of this app? The App description doesn't really help make that clear to existing owners.

The regular version come with a few more synths than the CS version. I think CS is free to download and only comes with a couple model d patches and a couple Waldorf ones. It used to be that you could buy individual synths for like $10 but now it looks like it’s either subscription or a all or nothing purchase for $100

• @echoopera said:
    @Ryan_IK

They are the same, regarding full content.
    The original Syntronik was free, with access to about 17 synths (all of them at the time).
    You could use any, and save presets, too.
    If you purchased the unlock of any synth, you received a lot more ‘Presets’, but I always had the impression these Presets also included extra Osc samples of different Osc states, so you could build off the additional content and have access to more sound design potential.
    Maybe I am mistaken, and these really are just expensive presets.

Anyway, Syntronik CS came out and became the free version, with a much limited selection of free stuff. The original went to like $15 or something, with the same limited access to all the synths (now 22).

Both versions can be upgraded to the same Full version, content-wise. But they are still 2 separate apps, obviously, because of the different AppStore names.

Original Syntronik owners that had upgraded to the Full version were later met with an additional add-on of 5 more synths that were released a while after the original app launched.
    This was an additional IAP, for me.

I think by waiting for the sales, I ended up spending about $50 upgrading the original Syntronik to the full 22 synth version.

• edited July 2020

Hrmmm...this kind of sucks. I dropped a good amount on the original and it hasn't been updated in over a year, while this CS version is 19hours fresh. I wonder what they are trying to do....make us buy it all over again?

Such an odd product move.

Honestly I hadn't used the app in a long while cause of performance issues...so maybe I should suck it up and live with my poor buying decision.

Honestly, they should have just changed the pricing model on the original app. So confusing to have 2 apps with the same synths be priced differently. The fact I can't even move my owned synths over to the new version is just dumb. It's not even a new SYNTH app. It's the same...just a different pricing scheme. Uggghhh

If subscription was their plan, they should have just switched it over to that in the original app, and let those of us who purchased synths retain what was purchased.

• I wouldn’t sweat it.
    The last significant upgrade to both was the same upgrade, a year ago.

The latest upgrade for CS is just dealing with subscription, which doesn’t apply to the original.
    Well, they added a in-app synth manager to CS, too. That could be useful if you want to delete some synths to clear device storage space.
    I never tried to delete synths from the original, though. Maybe it isn’t hard, I just never had the need to, so never tried.

• @CracklePot said:
    I wouldn’t sweat it.
    The last significant upgrade to both was the same upgrade, a year ago.

The latest upgrade for CS is just dealing with subscription, which doesn’t apply to the original.
    Well, they added a in-app synth manager to CS, too. That could be useful if you want to delete some synths to clear device storage space.
    I never tried to delete synths from the original, though. Maybe it isn’t hard, I just never had the need to, so never tried.

Yeah...you're probably right. Just a bone headed product move IMHO...especially since it isn't a different app.

• You're not going to lose anything you already have, and subscription is only an option added. If there are issues that anybody feels need addressed in an update, please let us know via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure the team will work on them.

• edited July 2020

@ikmultimedia said:
    You're not going to lose anything you already have, and subscription is only an option added. If there are issues that anybody feels need addressed in an update, please let us know via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support and I'm sure the team will work on them.

Thanks for the reply.

But what's the difference between the two apps? Are Syntronik and Syntronik CS the same apps and the only difference is the pricing scheme?

• edited July 2020

@CracklePot said:

$9.99 a month for all 22 synths
    Vs.
    $99.99 one time fee

Thanks! For those who can’t decide whether to buy the deluxe package it is a good option to subscribe for a month and test.
    However if IK Multimedia’s goal is to make an alternative to the one time fee business model in order expand the user base then 4.99 would be a better fit to the concept. I feel 9.99 is a bit much compared to the 99.99 one time fee. For the ones who find 99.99 too expensive for an iOS synth the 9.99 monthly fee will be also too expensive.
    Having said that I absolutely didn’t regret buying it for full price, I find it amazing.