Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IK Multimedia Syntronik

Comments

• @ikmultimedia said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@gusgranite said:
    Did the stuck notes get fixed?

I believe so, would be best to update in order to get all of the fixes available. If a problem persists for you, please reply to any support ticket you may have open for such an issue.

What’s the word on iPhone support?

The devs said the iPhone version is being worked on too (along with AU support)

INSTABUY!!! Thanks for letting me know!!! :smiley:

• @Lacm1993 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Lacm1993 said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@gusgranite said:
    Did the stuck notes get fixed?

I believe so, would be best to update in order to get all of the fixes available. If a problem persists for you, please reply to any support ticket you may have open for such an issue.

What’s the word on iPhone support?

How about we get one version right first?. Jaja. Let’s get the iPad app running flawless and with all the features, then we can get to the iPhone app. I rather see bugs squashed and features added first Then the iPhone as a nice little bonus.

Oh sure! (rolls eyes). Let you iPad users have all the fun while we sit in the cold and eat the scraps that fall from the banquet table..... (angry look)

j/k ;-)

Jajaja, Whaaaaat?, iPad users?

We are all iOS users.

Really funny.
    I get mobile vs PC but now this?, what’s next... watch users?... jajaja

(Seriously, I wasn’t even thinking about people that only have a phone But honestly I rather see all the bugs squashed first rather than keep adding new things. Most IK multimedia apps could use some maintenance updates for bugs that have been there forever...)

Hehe!! :wink: No worries!! While I DO prefer the iPhone platform and wish the iPhone wasn’t ignored with so many fantastic apps, I wasn’t really angry in my response. “J/K” means “Just Kidding” and ;-) is the ASCII version of :wink:

• @ikmultimedia Hi - I'm random guy and my mission in life is to ask for a button called Random that scrambles all parameters and effects.

Kthxbye... :smile:

• ooo love this app on ipad, but am really excited to hear it will be on iphone soon :)

• @ikmultimedia will the iPhone version be a universal update to the iPad app like Sampletank? Thanks.

• i spent several hours going through every preset and making favorites and saving the arps from presets. loving it

• I have this on my computer, where it cost me about $70 (with Jam Points), so I debated whether I wanted to spring for the $40 for this. Why? The computer one has 2000 presets and the iPad has 1200 . The computer one has 300 multis and the iOS one has 200. etc. So why would I do it?

Well first, I think Syntronik is a great deal in any format. And second,I have never taken the time to really explore all those presets and multis on my computer in depth. And now that I have the full version on my iPad I am exploring it and saving my favorites.

I think it will prove to be like a lot of my music apps on my iPad: a way of exploring ideas that later on I will finish on my DAW.

For @ikmultimedia I have a request. Can you add a favorites star to the Multis screen? Everything you starred could turn up in a favorites folder in the Multis dropdown menu.

• Not sure if this has been posted here yet. It's IKs video overview of the 'multis' feature plus the Program Change setup to select them via MIDI.

• @VerbaLee said:
    @ikmultimedia will the iPhone version be a universal update to the iPad app like Sampletank? Thanks.

Yes, I've verified with the product manager that this is the plan.

• @Reid said:

For @ikmultimedia I have a request. Can you add a favorites star to the Multis screen? Everything you starred could turn up in a favorites folder in the Multis dropdown menu.

Will do!

• @ikmultimedia said:

@VerbaLee said:
    @ikmultimedia will the iPhone version be a universal update to the iPad app like Sampletank? Thanks.

Awesome news and thanks for the quick reply @ikmultimedia

• @VerbaLee said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@VerbaLee said:

You're welcome. Hoping that the next update is quick too :smile:

• Anyone else getting a lot of crashes? Using it alone with a 5th gen iPad (using Launchkey midi controller) and it’s crash city. Only have one IAP so far. Holding off on buying more until I can figure out the crash cause.

• @ipadthai said:
    Anyone else getting a lot of crashes? Using it alone with a 5th gen iPad (using Launchkey midi controller) and it’s crash city. Only have one IAP so far. Holding off on buying more until I can figure out the crash cause.

All good here on iPad Air 2 iOS 11.0.2

• I am using Syntronik in AUM and everytime I open AUM to use it although in settings it says I am in a specific midi channel (3 in my case) it receives midi on all channels. I then have to scroll through the midi channels back round to 3 and then it behaves correctly. Not a real pain but annoying - don’t know if this is a bug or just an issue I have. It seems like each time I open it although it says it’s receiving only on channel 3 it behaves as if it’s in omni.

• @Lurcher said:
    I am using Syntronik in AUM and everytime I open AUM to use it although in settings it says I am in a specific midi channel (3 in my case) it receives midi on all channels. I then have to scroll through the midi channels back round to 3 and then it behaves correctly. Not a real pain but annoying - don’t know if this is a bug or just an issue I have. It seems like each time I open it although it says it’s receiving only on channel 3 it behaves as if it’s in omni.

I would say this issue is more specific inside AUM as I just connected Syntronik to channel 3 in other apps and all played good.

• edited October 2017

it drives me crazy that the keyboard shifts and rests every time you change patches. i want to run the arpeggiator as i browse and have to adjust everything over and over. even when scroll is off and the arp is locked

• edited October 2017

There was a post here asking if anybody knew about an iOS app that worked like a Reason Combinator. I decided to experiment with Syntronik.

if you load up a Multi and then use MIDI learn so that turning a knob on Synth A changes the resonance
    You can go to Synth B and set it up so that it changes the resonance too.
    When you save it as a new Multi it will remember the MIDI assignments.

A more creative way to use it would be to assign knobs to like resonance and cutoff to the sounds like pads and leads,
    And then for an arp sound, use a knob to control the velocity, length or swing.

This also works on the effects, so you can assign a knob to control, for example, the wet/dry balance of an effect. It even works on the volume of each synth, so if you have enough knobs, you could change the relative volume of each synth from your keyboard.

This doesn't have the simple interface of a Combi, but if you had a standard way of doing it, it would work on all the multi patches you create.

I think this has the potential to raise Syntronik to a whole new level. :)

@ikmultimedia it would be cool if you could add a page that has some knobs on one page like Res A, Res B, Res C Res D, Cutoff A, B, C, D, etc. That would make it faster to set up. Or maybe something with a few preprogrammed knobs like SampleTank.

• @Trueyorky said:

I would say this issue is more specific inside AUM as I just connected Syntronik to channel 3 in other apps and all played good.

You may well be right. Another factor may be that in this instance I am using external hardware into the iPad namely midi keyboard (channel 3 to syntronik) and beatstep pro (channels 1,2 & 10) all via iRig midi. Before latest update using patterning for example would trigger midi on syntronik (on different midi channels obviously) - but since update it is only the beatstep pro which still triggers the syntronik midi upon initial start up. Patterning etc. no longer do so unless I want them to so internal to iPad all works correctly now. I will investigate further.

• Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but are the synth parameters going to get midi learn so I can automate them? Thanks.

• @lnikj said:
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but are the synth parameters going to get midi learn so I can automate them? Thanks.

MIDI learn is already there :)

• @Trueyorky said:

@lnikj said:
    Apologies if this has been asked and answered already, but are the synth parameters going to get midi learn so I can automate them? Thanks.

MIDI learn is already there :)

D'oh. Senior moment. Bottom left. Thanks.

• edited October 2017

Again, apologies if this has been answered before.

Regarding the difference between the IOS and desktop version, the ratio of 1200:2000 presets, 3:5, does not equate to the difference in content sizes 5Gb:50Gb, 1:10.

What is missing in the IOS version apart from 800 presets?

• @lnikj said:
    Again, apologies if this has been answered before.

Regarding the difference between the IOS and desktop version, the ratio of 1200:2000 presets, 3:5, does not equate to the difference in content sizes 5Gb:50Gb, 1:10.

What is missing in the IOS version apart from 800 presets?

My guess would be lots and lots of samples. To trim the space, they've probably had to go from sampling every key to sampling every few keys (or something like that).

• Thanks. Could be missing keys and could be missing round robin samples. Could be something else. I'm hoping the IKM rep will confirm.

• edited October 2017

Feature Request:

Modulation. The mod wheel is hardwired to vibrato unless I'm missing something, would be great to be able to assign any destination to it while making new sounds. Preferably multiple destinations, including FX parameters. Sliding your fingers up and down the on-screen keys is another modulations source (well could be), rework how moving the keys works now perhaps, make the keys x/y sources for modulation, look at how it's done in Nave. Again, multiple destinations here as well. Take advantage of the touch screen, so many devs completely miss this part. When I made sounds on the Analog Keys I could assign 20 destinations to the joystick, 5 for each direction, same for aftertouch with 5 destinations and vel. I'm not saying go nuts with adding mod matrixes and whatnot, but it's such a great app and spending more work on using the touch interface (xy on the keys etc) as part of the instrument, would add another dimensions to it all.

• Just a reminder, that today is the last day to get the full bundle at intro price.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@VerbaLee said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@VerbaLee said:

You're welcome. Hoping that the next update is quick too :smile:

Getting strange behaviour in multis. Like voice stealing. Listen to the release stage of the vox humana layer of this patch. It alternates between the setting of smooth release and instant cut. Also when in au if I alter fx setting on one of the synths in a multi, like switch off a reverb, then I go to another synth in the multi, when I return to the first one, the fx changes I made have reverted.....whole thing seems very buggy really. A shame because it sounds good and I would buy extensions if not for these problems. Here’s a video of the voice stealing -

• Explored further. Seems that when a patch is brought in to a multi it can often lose its polyphony and become monophonic? In spite of keyrange settings spanning the entire octaves and all mapping settings being totally open.

And the AU parameter issue isn’t exclusive to Multis. Open a patch in BeatMaker 3. Go to fx and bypass them. Go back to main synth parameter page. Return to fx page and see all fx are re-enabled.

Also finding things very clicky. The Moog for instance, a lot of clicks with various settings that shouldn’t result in these constant artefacts. It isn’t a result of synth envelope or level settings and such. Some problems in the mechanics with the sample triggering envelopes or something similar I assume?

Hope IK can improve things. Mostly unusable in its current state.

• @ipadodds said:
    Explored further. Seems that when a patch is brought in to a multi it can often lose its polyphony and become monophonic? In spite of keyrange settings spanning the entire octaves and all mapping settings being totally open.

And the AU parameter issue isn’t exclusive to Multis. Open a patch in BeatMaker 3. Go to fx and bypass them. Go back to main synth parameter page. Return to fx page and see all fx are re-enabled.

Also finding things very clicky. The Moog for instance, a lot of clicks with various settings that shouldn’t result in these constant artefacts. It isn’t a result of synth envelope or level settings and such. Some problems in the mechanics with the sample triggering envelopes or something similar I assume?

Hope IK can improve things. Mostly unusable in its current state.

Have you reported this to the support team at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/ios-apps/ ? They will be able to assist you and get the right information to the developers based on the troubleshooting.