Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New iPad Pro 12.9” (2017) - problem with latency and digital noise... SEEMS TO BE FIXED iOS 11.1 b2

Comments

• @nrgb said:
    Has anybody experienced these problems when working in a self-contained app? (Groovebox, Auxy, etc..)

DRC

• This seems to be Software related. Have this on my normal 2017 iPad now with three Apps going. Switching apps will send it to the neverland. Catches up eventually.

• Its an iOS11 thing for me now.

• @o_imseng said:
    Its an iOS11 thing for me now.

Same thing occurs on 10.33

• I had the exact same problem with Gadget. Here’s what I did. Somewhere in there, it fixed it. 1) Backup and Factory reset after 11.0.1. (I like to do this after upgrades in general, with regard to major version changes) 2) Set frame rate at fixed 60fps. 3) Turned off flashy animations.

2017 12 inch big ole iPad pro.

It looks like it was trying to bring some of those flashy animations into gadget, the framerate was causing issues OR the update fixed it

• edited December 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    Yesterday, Apple confirmed an issue that several owners of the new iPhone 8 are experiencing:

From The Verge https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/9/26/16369818/iphone-8-crackling-apple-confirms-fix-coming

"Dozens" of users are reporting online that the earpieces makes a "crackling" or "static" sound that "disrupts the audio" when they make calls.

The problem seems to affect both the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus across different carriers in various regions.

"We are aware of the issue which is affecting customers in a small number of cases. Our team is at work on a fix, which will be included in an upcoming software release," Apple said.

Could this be related to the issues that several owners of the 2017 iPad Pro 12.9 & 10.5 are having? (Latency & crackling audio?)

I don't reckon they will acknowledge the problem...

Recently updated to iOS 11 myself and the latency problem is still there for me also using the 12.9 iPad Pro 2nd gen :(

• edited December 2017
  • @StudioES said:
    It's strange that Apple would quickly acknowledge this issue with the brand new iPhone 8, but seemingly ignore the issues with the 2017 iPad Pros.

Has anyone created a video detailing these issues and posted it online?
    Has anyone sent an email to any of the big technology sites?
    Has anyone created a thread at the Apple forum? The one posted there seems to be written by a child with many misspellings, etc.

I went through similar nightmares with several $3000+ gaming laptops and got shafted in the end. I wouldn't want you guys to go through that.

Cuckoo has made some lengthy comments on the Apple forum but it seems like some usual posters have replied to him and everyone else with the usual 'have you tried this...' comments

Someone should definitely make a video (not using the new video screen capture of course as this could be blamed!).

I've contacted a few developers who have acknowledged the problem - not sure if they've taken this any further with Apple and I've also contacted Tim at Discchord in the hope he'd blog about it to make some noise.

• edited December 2017
  • edited December 2017
  • The iPhone problem does sound similar, I wonder if they get an increased latency in a call.

• I have written to ComputerMusic/MusicRadar/FutureMusic and Ask.Audio to ask them whether they would consider a news item.

Here's hoping.

• Good news. Ask.Audio are interested in running a story.

@ErrkaPetti - check your PMs please.

• @Thelast27 said:
    Cuckoo has made some lengthy comments on the Apple forum but it seems like some usual posters have replied to him and everyone else with the usual 'have you tried this...' comments

This reply had me eyerolling for some reason: "Are you using old-style wired headphones with the 3.5 mm plug?" :o

• @lnikj said:
    Good news. Ask.Audio are interested in running a story.

@ErrkaPetti - check your PMs please.

Done!

• @brambos said:

@Thelast27 said:

This reply had me eyerolling for some reason: "Are you using old-style wired headphones with the 3.5 mm plug?" :o

Same here, I know they're only trying to help, but swimming in quicksand yields more hope.

• I’ve noticed the volume of my SE is lower since the update - listening to music via headphones and on speaker phone.

• @brambos said:

@Thelast27 said:

Haha. Oh dear :(

• Does anybody with an ipad pro 2 get the latency problem when the ipad mic is NOT awake?

• @brambos said:

@Thelast27 said:

Is your essence still bound within an old-fashioned flesh and bone receptacle? Have you not transmogrified into a being of pure technological enlightenment?

• Pro2 users, please see new post in General - growing latency bug study - no discussion, just findings, please.

• I have the new iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 11, no issues. Outputing to an amp with studio monitors, crystal clear.

• @Voicey said:
    Does anybody with an ipad pro 2 get the latency problem when the ipad mic is NOT awake?

Does anyone know if the 3.5mm Jack still carries the mic input?

• @Cugel666 said:
    I have the new iPad Pro 10.5 iOS 11, no issues. Outputing to an amp with studio monitors, crystal clear.

Outputting to the amp through an interface or the headphone port?

This is an issue with the HEADPHONE PORT.

• The ipad mic is definitely involved - the jack too, in that it can be used to correct the problem temporarily. Those who don’t encounter latency, are those who don’t use the mic - is that correct?

• @Voicey said:
    The ipad mic is definitely involved - the jack too, in that it can be used to correct the problem temporarily. Those who don’t encounter latency, are those who don’t use the mic - is that correct?

Very limited test as I have to go out for the day.

12.9" II - Beatmaker 3 (only app running) - Microphone OFF

No latency after 5 minutes of random pad tapping.

You might be on to something here!

• edited September 2017

@lnikj Thanks. Have a nice day. I’m intent on us getting to the bottom of this as Apple seems to need us to put dots on all their ‘i’s. Btw, there is immediate latency from mic input using my cheap BT cans, and plugging unplugging a jack doesn’t help. That particular latency is probably a general BT problem and unrelated.

My study post on our problem isn’t having much success, yet. I suppose not many of us use the ipad mic! I do use it for rough recordings and Impaktor, and generally trying things out.

• edited September 2017

I have the public beta installed on 10.5” hoping feedback will be read by Apple. Not allowed to comment on it publicly. All I can say is that I’m still trying to find what conditions cause the problem which exists in ios 10 and 11