Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looperverse by Retronymns: AB, Link etc

Comments

• @Retronyms said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Dear Retronyms:

Please do something about Audiocopy. It's nice that you produce new things that do cool stuff but show some love to the programs people already have and have to use. Maybe we could get some file management, like Audioshare has, with Wifi tranfer and nested folders, batch editing, moving deleting, zipping etc.

Just a thought.

Cool ideas. We are excited release more AudioCopy updates soon!

I have been asking them for this in AudioCopy for the longest while since it was in beta.

• @Retronyms said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Dear Retronyms:

Please do something about Audiocopy. It's nice that you produce new things that do cool stuff but show some love to the programs people already have and have to use. Maybe we could get some file management, like Audioshare has, with Wifi tranfer and nested folders, batch editing, moving deleting, zipping etc.

Just a thought.

Cool ideas. We are excited release more AudioCopy updates soon!

That's a non-answer, and ignores the obvious point in the question. We don't want audiocopy updates. Please add support for other services. Like standard "open in'" sharing at least, if not AudioShare.

• Is it possible to normalize like in AudioShare ?

• @Retronyms said:

@Munibeast said:
    I will try again: can you adjust the timing of loops quickly afterwards if the timing was just slightly off? Can I fine tune the starting point or otherwise move the loop to get it perfectly timed if it's a little late or a tiny bit too long?

Yes! You can adjust the start point and end point. You can stretch the audio if the timing is off. You can adjust the pitch and gain of each recording region. It's quite flexible here.

Thanks @Retronyms, that's great!

• @grego68 said:
    Is it possible to normalize like in AudioShare ?

You can do it in Audiocopy so not sure if that helps you?

• @Retronyms Does this work with ANY midi pedal, IK Blueboard or Line 6 FBV Express for example...obviously these 2 only have 4 buttons each, but I have both so in theory could use them together to get all 6 functions ?
    If so it is worth a punt for me.

• Why would anyone buy something from this company that never updates its buggy apps that crashing all the time.
    Not to talk about improvements.

Hook - last update 23 July 2016
    Tabletop- 11 June 2015

I think responsible thing to do is to buy from active developers. That are not just about marketing.
    Korg, ape soft, imusic album.

• Haha now that IS funny! Responsible, how would that be any fun? We are talking ten dollars, please be real.

• @yonhorizon said:
    Why would anyone buy something from this company that never updates its buggy apps that crashing all the time.
    Not to talk about improvements.

Hook - last update 23 July 2016
    Tabletop- 11 June 2015

I think responsible thing to do is to buy from active developers. That are not just about marketing.
    Korg, ape soft, imusic album.

Korg iElectribe - last update 22nd Dec 2015
    Korg iPolysix - last update 30th Dec 2015
    Korg iMS-20 - last update 22nd Dec 2015
    Korg Module - last update 15th July 2016
    iMusicAlbum Master Record - last update 28th Oct 2014
    iMusicAlbum Audio Mastering - last update 16th June 2015
    iMusicAlbum Midi Pattern Sequencer - last update 18th Mar 2013

Let's be fair here. :)

• ^id love to see korg update the iPolysix and iMS20, 64bit, Link enabled then AU would be nice.

• @gsm909 said:
    ^id love to see korg update the iPolysix and iMS20, 64bit, Link enabled then AU would be nice.

+1

• @gsm909 said:
    ^id love to see korg update the iPolysix and iMS20, 64bit, Link enabled then AU would be nice.

they're both 64 bit already as far as I know, but LINK would be great and has been promised for a long time, I think since day one of LINK
    AU is very unlikely though, the interface is already too small for a full iPad screen ...

• edited March 2017

Guys, why don't you give them another chance? They're launching a very fully featured looper with AB support and universal and are engaging in discussions here. I think they may have learned something already.

• @Tritonman said:
    Haha now that IS funny! Responsible, how would that be any fun? We are talking ten dollars, please be real.

I have the same eopinion as @yonhorizon, the game retronyms are playing again and again is well known here. Always new shiny things with retronymsguys all over the forums, later..., well we all know, cause we've experienced it before.
    If you don't wanna be treated like that by a developer, then don't buy it, if you don't care about the tenner and developer's responsible behaviour, then just go ahead and have some fun (while it lasts). I'm kind of getting tired, though, reading the laments later on, come on, this is happening for the fifth time at least now.
    I would propose: wait, till the first issues arise with the great new thing, and if retronyms are still here by then, actually trying to resolve and communicate, congratulations, go buy it then. THAT would be the moment I'd reconsider my opinions about retronyms, too, by the way.

Of course, everybody do as they wish, horses for courses and all, just my 2c.

• @telecharge said:

@supadom said:
    Brexit, Trump and now THIS?!!!

Great news! Welcome!

You missing your old buddy Nikersov? Let's keep it clean. o:)

No aggression intended in my comment but I do understand you're jumpy, Retronyms generally doesn't have the best response record on here. That's not only from one or two people. We're talking consensus.

Anyway, I'm sure everyone including me welcome the positive move Retronyms have made. Once again. Welcome!

• i decided to give it a go. It's kind of awesome. it's kind of what i had hoped loopersonic would have turned into. hopefully by the fact that they are integrating this app on the audiobus; means that there is a shift in thinking/development at retronymns, and they are realizing ,to work in this market place ,they need to integrate their apps with the workflows of the ios music community. I hope so and I hope that they keep up with updates and upgrades. now back to looping.

• edited March 2017

So how well does actually integrate in Audiobus. Which slots does it fit into? What about state saving? Audiobus remote ?

• @eross said:
    i decided to give it a go. It's kind of awesome. it's kind of what i had hoped loopersonic would have turned into.

Tell us more about the app please. What makes it so good ?

• Success usually requires failures first.....

• @eross said:
    i decided to give it a go. It's kind of awesome. it's kind of what i had hoped loopersonic would have turned into. hopefully by the fact that they are integrating this app on the audiobus; means that there is a shift in thinking/development at retronymns, and they are realizing ,to work in this market place ,they need to integrate their apps with the workflows of the ios music community. I hope so and I hope that they keep up with updates and upgrades. now back to looping.

Can you record multiple tracks at once via IAA eg multitrack recording?
    And is there a set recording length?

:)

• @Carnbot said:

@eross said:
    i decided to give it a go. It's kind of awesome. it's kind of what i had hoped loopersonic would have turned into. hopefully by the fact that they are integrating this app on the audiobus; means that there is a shift in thinking/development at retronymns, and they are realizing ,to work in this market place ,they need to integrate their apps with the workflows of the ios music community. I hope so and I hope that they keep up with updates and upgrades. now back to looping.

Can you record multiple tracks at once via IAA eg multitrack recording?
    And is there a set recording length?

:)

Does it cope with recording while another app is changing tempo ?

• @Retronyms said:

@Tritonman said:
    Still, 64 bars over 16 tracks could get quite large if bouncing ability is present. Vids tomorrow :p all shall be revealed soon.

Looperverse has Sound-On-Sound mode. This means you can mix into a track while recording. Yes, it does support bouncing!

So there is a bar limit or not?

• multiple tracks at once. --- no not that i can see
    set recording length--- you can set
    it at whatever you want
    I've been starting a session by using audio paste and inserting a loop on track on, then i set my loop braces to loop the length of that first track. the. i just set it up as the output of audiobus, and record any synth or vocal, drums, anything it can think of directly in. it has a nice long count in so i can get to my other app and start playing before recording starts. also it has a audio in detection to start recording, but i haven't figured that one out yet.

• does anyone know how to setup and use the "audio triggered record" option?

• @eross said:
    does anyone know how to setup and use the "audio triggered record" option?

never mind i figure it out. whooo cool function!!

• @supadom said:

No aggression intended in my comment but I do understand you're jumpy,

Eh, call me what you want, Dom, but your comment was wide open to interpretation.

I, like many others here, would rather keep politics out of the forum. It's not a big ask.

@supadom said:

Retronyms generally doesn't have the best response record on here.

Dunno if you missed my other posts, but I said the same exact thing.

• @eross said:

@eross said:

Thanks for the report, shame about no multitracking yet, but still looks good.
    Can you "open in" via Audioshare?

• edited March 2017

Really need the basic show and tell on this one. Surprised that Ret. didn't have something ready to go in the video department. I am STILL encouraged that this is on the AB side of the fence. I take that as a partial policy shift and one I'm pleased about.

• @Carnbot said:

@eross said:

@eross said:

Thanks for the report, shame about no multitracking yet, but still looks good.
    Can you "open in" via Audioshare?

i don't see it, i just use the general copy and then paste it into looperverse

• @Carnbot Does not appear that open in via audio share is an option. Seems you have to use AudioCopy