Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looperverse by Retronymns: AB, Link etc

Comments

• man, i'd love to see some of there other apps get on the bus. I think it would they would benefit from it just as much as the users. I already own several of there apps, and I know I barely ever use them because they are not on audiobus. hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    I will hold off for now until the Hardware is available, but will be watching closely with anticipation and keeping an eye out for what feedback any early adopters give.

Hi Andy, feel free to visit our website to view the hardware. www.retronyms.com. - Taylor

• @eross said:

@gmslayton said:
    I bought it. It is interesting to say the least. Could be useful. I do like that is small in size and they are not trying to force us to use pre-made loops and stuff. Initial thought video coming soon.

can you stream you synth apps into the app via audiobus for recording?

Yes! You can use AudioBus or IAA. - Taylor

• @eross said:

@gmslayton said:
    I bought it. It is interesting to say the least. Could be useful. I do like that is small in size and they are not trying to force us to use pre-made loops and stuff. Initial thought video coming soon.

does that keyboard playback the samples loop polyphonically or mono?

Mono, but you can control the portamento. - Taylor

• @Telengard said:
    Just pointing out that if you check back on the forum with each of their releases, they are pretty good in the beginning at responding and then they just seem to disappear especially after negative comments. They have a pattern. I would love to see the pattern broken as I think they are very creative and brilliant.

Please note that these are entirely based upon my observations (flawed or close to target) and I am not saying you are a sucker for buying the new app.

We're always here to answer any of your questions. Happy to respond to your thoughts, and we're always eager to hear what you guys think. I (Taylor) especially love to read through these threads...so fun to see what people are saying. We care a lot about growing and want to know what our users want to see! It helps us develop better products. - Taylor

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    OK. Enough's enough. Where's @kobamoto and his radio flyer full of one line questions?

I'll start the ball rolling until he gets here:

Does it have panning?

Yes. Stay tuned for our tutorial series. We go through every feature in the app and we'll be posting secret features on our social channels over the coming weeks. - Taylor

• @eross said:
    man, i'd love to see some of there other apps get on the bus. I think it would they would benefit from it just as much as the users. I already own several of there apps, and I know I barely ever use them because they are not on audiobus. hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Interesting thoughts. Thanks! We'll be sure to talk about this with our team of developers. - Taylor

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    This looks like a killer looping app. I rely mostly on hardware for this porpoise but am dolphinately eyeballing this app and hardware combo to add to my rig.. anybody know anything about when the hardware comes out?

For hardware info, visit our website. www.retronyms.com - Taylor

• @InfoCheck said:
    Since Looperverse supports Audiobus, I wonder if that means we'd be able to send audio out from Audiobus 3 into Looperverse? You could do this with AUM. It'd be a way to integrate AU apps into a Looperverse workflow since the app currently doesn't have AU support.

Very tempted to buy the app just to encourage Retronyms to add Audiobus support to their apps. It'd be interesting to see some videos of the app in action.

Hi! Good questions. Looperverse is AB3 ready and we're planning to support AU. We're already planning our next update, so all of this feedback is really helpful. - Taylor

• edited March 2017

Is it possible to fix loops quickly if they happen to be just a tiny bit too long or too short? Or nudge the start point?

• @eross said:
    where does this sit in the audiobus chain? input, effects, output? can i put a synth app at audiobus input, and record it into this app?or is it limited to external mic, or lighting port mic input ? that would be awesome.

Good question. It sits at the far right end of the chain. You can record into it with any other app. The app is designed to work with AB, IAA, and Link. We also plan to support AU. - Taylor

• @Retronyms I would like to say, so far, great job on the app. I would like to see the export options to get at least dropbox support or the standard open-in dialog.

• @gmslayton said:

@Retronyms I would like to say, so far, great job on the app. I would like to see the export options to get at least dropbox support or the standard open-in dialog.

Where do you export stems then? Audiocopy only?

• I did actually figure out the next track recording. If you do not select the record icon on a track, it seems to default to next track.

• @ExAsperis99 not sure as I do not have audiocopy installed. It puts them in a folder that allows you to import them into different scenes but no export option. Maybe I will install audiocopy and see what happens.

• Welcome @Retronyms looks like a great app :)
    Thanks for adding Audiobus support and answering our questions.

When you say support AU, do you mean as a host or will Looperverse have it's own AUv3 extension which you can use in other hosts?

• edited March 2017

@Retronyms said:

@Telengard said:
    Just pointing out that if you check back on the forum with each of their releases, they are pretty good in the beginning at responding and then they just seem to disappear especially after negative comments. They have a pattern. I would love to see the pattern broken as I think they are very creative and brilliant.

Please note that these are entirely based upon my observations (flawed or close to target) and I am not saying you are a sucker for buying the new app.

We're always here to answer any of your questions. Happy to respond to your thoughts, and we're always eager to hear what you guys think. I (Taylor) especially love to read through these threads...so fun to see what people are saying. We care a lot about growing and want to know what our users want to see! It helps us develop better products. - Taylor

Awesome! I have just one question about your previous apps as I have a few of them (apps). Can you tell me some of the long term plans for them or are they finished in your eyes?

• edited March 2017

@ExAsperis99 said:

@mannix said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@mannix said:
    Yet another looper and price about the same as the other looper apps (except Loopy HD which is of course still an absolute bargain) Curious what the reviews say before I hit buy.
    AB3 ready?

The intro video is aiming clearly on a hipster audience :)

Hipster?

Check the vid ;)

If that's your idea of a hipster, you'll want to stay well away from Brooklyn.

:)

btw what's your idea of hipster?

• @mannix said:

• @Retronyms said:

That's nice to see, and I hope it holds true, but Telengard is right -- history tells a different story. Retronyms has a history here of hit and run. I will say that your iProphet dev Jay / @mana seemed like a good guy, but he was only around for a couple of months.

Time will tell, I suppose, and I understand people come and go at companies. But as the saying goes, "The internet doesn't forget."

• Wow, this looks awful nice. Thanks for AB support @Retronyms!

Is it easy to record tracks of different lengths? And easy to set those lengths on the fly? Thinking in particular about Loopy's 2x, 4x, etc buttons. Can you trim and shift a track?

Looking forward to the videos.

• @syrupcore said:
    Wow, this looks awful nice. Thanks for AB support @Retronyms!

Is it easy to record tracks of different lengths? And easy to set those lengths on the fly? Thinking in particular about Loopy's 2x, 4x, etc buttons. Can you trim and shift a track?

Def. need to see videos to see what this brings, either different or collected in one place, to the looping and otherwise party.

• Question about pitch shift:

• Can you pitch shift via midi multiple loops independently at the same time ?
  • edited March 2017

@telecharge said:

@mannix said:

Haha. That's closer. Oh, man.
    (Desperately tries to see what album sleeve that is....it's on Capitol, it looks like...and...)

• @Retronyms Taylor. What about iMPC Pro. Will it support audiobus 3 and will we see an update soon.

• This shit is insane!!

Exactly what I needed for the composition side of things.

I have all the loopers for performance and remixing, but I needed a "DAW" styled looper that would be simple yet fundamental in song forming.

The IAA and AUDIOBUS COMBO is sweeeeet

So awesome to see Retronyms on audiobus!

GOING TO GET IT NOOOOOWWW!!

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@telecharge said:

@mannix said:

(Desperately tries to see what album sleeve that is....it's on Capitol, it looks like...and...)

OK, now I'm seriously obsessing. Could that be "Band of Gypsies"? Damn!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@syrupcore said:
    Wow, this looks awful nice. Thanks for AB support @Retronyms!

Def. need to see videos to see what this brings, either different or collected in one place, to the looping and otherwise party.

Looks nice, clean UI and I like the zooming and whatnot. Just wondering what benefits this offers over using say, Auria or even GarageBand in loop mode.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@telecharge said:

@mannix said:

that's no hipster that's a crate digger

• edited March 2017

@telecharge said:

@mannix said:

Would call that an Uber Hipster :)

Would be more easier and tougher to use a vinyl killer. But of course you can only enjoy that with others and not all by yourself with a headphone