Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looperverse by Retronymns: AB, Link etc

Comments

• Taylor that's so awesome!!!
    Will iMPC Pro get AB support?

@Retronyms said:

@Love3quency said:
    Wow...a retronyms app with Audiobus...

Yep! We're excited to be joining this community. - Taylor

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    The crazy thing is: if it exports stems, that means you could export stems to AudioShare. Which is another way of saying "not Audiocopy."* Where are those awesome tutorial videos these guys usually do?

*unless you want it, I guess.

Tutorial series starts tomorrow. :) - Taylor

• @Retronyms said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    The crazy thing is: if it exports stems, that means you could export stems to AudioShare. Which is another way of saying "not Audiocopy."* Where are those awesome tutorial videos these guys usually do?

*unless you want it, I guess.

Tutorial series starts tomorrow. :) - Taylor

Fantastic, thank you.

• edited March 2017

Are we gonna do this loop again? I would wait until they address the issues with all the other apps. They seem to fire and forget and if you have a problem, they just tell you that's the way it works so you must be doing something wrong. I think they could have some of the best apps on the iOS music scene if they would just go back and listen to what the musicians want from the existing apps. They really have a creative ability to come up with interesting apps, it just seems they quickly get bored of them and move on.

• I bought it. It is interesting to say the least. Could be useful. I do like that is small in size and they are not trying to force us to use pre-made loops and stuff. Initial thought video coming soon.

• @gmslayton said:
    I bought it. It is interesting to say the least. Could be useful. I do like that is small in size and they are not trying to force us to use pre-made loops and stuff. Initial thought video coming soon.

I do hope that you can write this off! You're a hero to us all. And your videos are excellent.

• @gmslayton said:
    I bought it. It is interesting to say the least. Could be useful. I do like that is small in size and they are not trying to force us to use pre-made loops and stuff. Initial thought video coming soon.

can you stream you synth apps into the app via audiobus for recording?

• @eross said:

@gmslayton said:

can you stream you synth apps into the app via audiobus for recording?

This

• @gmslayton said:

does that keyboard playback the samples loop polyphonically or mono?

• @ExAsperis99 Thanks. I figured you have to spend money to make money. So hopefully I can eventually make enough off of Youtube ad revenue to cover the cost of the apps I purchase.

@eross @db909 Yes, you can use audiobus to stream audio into it.

• @eross Seems to be mono, it takes where ever your playhead is and pitches it up or down. It could be a useful tool.

• Instead of hoping for doom from this I will optimistically hope for a more positive outcome. Usually works better that way as long as you keep reasonable expectations.

• edited March 2017

Yet another looper and price about the same as the other looper apps (except Loopy HD which is of course still an absolute bargain) Curious what the reviews say before I hit buy.
    AB3 ready?

The intro video is aiming clearly on a hipster audience :)

• First promo-vid is out :)

• @mannix said:
    Yet another looper and price about the same as the other looper apps (except Loopy HD which is of course still an absolute bargain) Curious what the reviews say before I hit buy.
    AB3 ready?

Hipster?

• edited March 2017

@Retronyms said:

@Littlewoodg said:

@Carnbot said:
    This Link might work better
    Looperverse – Multitrack Loop Recorder by Retronyms Inc
    https://appsto.re/gb/5H6Tfb.i

Thanks! Same thing:
    This AppStore listing for Looperverse, with a link to "Developer Website" takes you to the Retronyms main page, with Hook, iMPC pro and Wedge, nothing about today's release...it's cool, the link from Looperverse on the AppStore to their new app page must not be sorted yet.

Going to their main page directly does the same thing, no Looperverse...and their blogs last entry is from the 16th when iMPC pro for android went live...

Stay tuned for a new webpage, videos, tutorials, etc for all things Looperverse! - Taylor

Thanks for checking in Taylor, Im looking forward to this, looks like a win all around

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@mannix said:
    AB3 ready?

Hipster?

Check the vid ;)

• @mannix said:

@ExAsperis99 said:

@mannix said:
    AB3 ready?

Hipster?

Check the vid ;)

If that's your idea of a hipster, you'll want to stay well away from Brooklyn.

• edited March 2017

Hipster in a good way is what is being conveyed ,not a bad thing. I took it as a positive comment . We are all certainly hip here as is shown daily.

• @Telengard said:
    Are we gonna do this loop again? I would wait until they address the issues with all the other apps. They seem to fire and forget and if you have a problem, they just tell you that's the way it works so you must be doing something wrong.

I understand your skepticism, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They seem to be trying to engage here lately, and not just advertising.

• edited March 2017

@telecharge said:

@Telengard said:
    Are we gonna do this loop again? I would wait until they address the issues with all the other apps. They seem to fire and forget and if you have a problem, they just tell you that's the way it works so you must be doing something wrong.

I understand your skepticism, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They seem to be trying to engage here lately, and not just advertising.

I have that same vibe from them . Still looking forward to the videos all the same.

• Hey. It's AB. Big step. @gmslayton looking forward to you stroking your beard over this one...

• @Love3quency said:
    Wow...a retronyms app with Audiobus...

This is actually pretty significant, as retronyms formally has stated that it avoided audiobus for stability.

So, it either means that they now consider audiobus stable, or that they have changed strategy.

Either way, I have never begrudged the decision has some have. Though, I would actually love to see Phase84 as an AU.

• Hey everybody, have you heard?
    Well if your in the game,
    Then the strokes the word.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Not being fooled by iOS loopers again. I'm convinced that for me the only way to go is a hardware pedal. Too fidgety on iOS when playing guitar, and most don't have a count in.

Loopy hd and blocs wave does have count in(and there arent really much other proper loopers, except maybe this one). You can also midimap pretty much anything on loopy, so with a midi foot controller, you would have much more functionality and same usability in it than any hardware looper that im aware of.

• edited March 2017

Just pointing out that if you check back on the forum with each of their releases, they are pretty good in the beginning at responding and then they just seem to disappear especially after negative comments. They have a pattern. I would love to see the pattern broken as I think they are very creative and brilliant.

Please note that these opinions are entirely based upon my observations (flawed or close to target) and I am not saying you are a sucker for buying the new app.

• edited March 2017

OK. Enough's enough. Where's @kobamoto with his Radio Flyer full of one line questions?

• edited March 2017

I'm sorry guys but I think I'm going in. This looks very good indeed. Universal too.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    OK. Enough's enough. Where's @kobamoto and his radio flyer full of one line questions?

I'll start the ball rolling until he gets here:

Does it have panning?

• edited March 2017

I may have to get this purely for the audio record on input option. I absolutely hate count ins on iOS. Especially when its midi that could easily have a record on input option ahem Gadget