Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Caustic 3.2

Comments

• @Korakios said:
    Also another tip is to launch the ftp server inside Caustic and connect with a freeware FTP app. Connect to Caustic and you can share ,upload etc... all inside your iOS device, no PC needed!

FTP server - very useful B)

• Looks really good, bought it and am now perusing it in earnest. SOTMC entry for this month with this rascal ?

• edited February 2017

Full. Joy.

• @srcer said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    What's new in Caustic 3.2:

Merge rack to instrument in Caustic 3.2

SawSynth Tutorial:

New effects for 3.2:

Wave Editor improvements for 3.2:

Scales and time signatures in Caustic 3.2:

Fixed the links. Not even sure how they got mangled like that, but I'm pretty sure a computer is to blame some where

Well done that man with your wildly-fangled wizardry. Appreciated :)

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Full. Joy.

Yeah. Yeah it is. AND a lovely song mode....so Mister @Igneous1 I think an SOTMC anthem/classic is a great challenge.

• Any particular one you recommend?

@Korakios said:

Also another tip is to launch the ftp server inside Caustic and connect with a freeware FTP app. Connect to Caustic and you can share ,upload etc... all inside your iOS device, no PC needed!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Any particular one you recommend?

@Korakios said:

I use Documents 5 by Readdle for this kind of thing.

Documents 5 - File manager, PDF reader and browser by Readdle
    https://appsto.re/us/Vw_Vv.i

• Great update to a great app.

• Stand alone wave editor is amazing!!!
    It has a Auto detect BPM for the file you've imported. This is great for determining Session Band Bpm on exported files.

• Absolutely the most fun app in ages. Just scratching the surface, and it reminds me of my first attempts at Gadget (when everything was Ibiza rave, for some reason). But what's wrong with that?

• Awesome little DAW. Works perfect on iPhone (i'm sure on iPad too) and macOS as well.

• I can safely say caustic is pretty much permanently my new sketch pad while on the go. You can get some surprisingly nice sounds from the machines too. Now if only they'd implement ableton link.....

• I'm really glad Caustic got an update considering that Apple will be removing 32bit apps from the App Store on iOS11. I really dig the workflow on Caustic and the Sampler is one of the best on iOS alongside BM2's sampler. Caustic 3, Korg Gadget and NanoStudio are one of my favourite music production apps on iOS.

• @Cib said:
    Awesome little DAW. Works perfect on iPhone (i'm sure on iPad too) and macOS as well.

Does the AB panel works for you? (For app switching inside AB)

@MusicMan4Christ FTPManager and TurboClientFree both works. I tested Caustic with the first one.

• @Korakios dats wat we wuz sayin> @anickt said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Any particular one you recommend?

@Korakios said:

I use Documents 5 by Readdle for this kind of thing.

Documents 5 - File manager, PDF reader and browser by Readdle
    https://appsto.re/us/Vw_Vv.i

thats my preference too. once you've put caustic in as a network location it remembers it ( as long as yr on the same wifi network, you have to change the last wo numbers if you are away from home ) plus its a good importer exporter to yr wifi drives like Airstash+ or the san disk ones.. n.b. its free.

• Now we just need the skins to be updated for Caustic 3.2.

• Have played with this on Mac but can't seem to gel with it yet. Don't think anyone would be surprised at the app I am comparing it with but the feature that I was most excited to try, the modular synth, is very limited in comparison. The sampling does look reasonable so I may have to see if that provides more inspiration.

• I'm having such a great time with this new version. Caustic was the first iOS composing environment I really clicked with and I never go more than a few weeks without going back to it.

I have to say, though, that I'm now discovering just how many of my most commonly used soundfonts DO NOT use stereo samples! Those that do, like the Ethan Winer soundfonts, sound sooo much better now...

Also -- something not yet pointed out but rather exciting -- the abililty to turn off "Snap Patterns to Grid" in the Song timeline. AKA your patterns don't have to land right on the barline if you don't want them to!

• @JonLewis said:

Also -- something not yet pointed out but rather exciting -- the abililty to turn off "Snap Patterns to Grid" in the Song timeline. AKA your patterns don't have to land right on the barline if you don't want them to!

That sounds really intriguing.

Two questions:
    Possible to preview sounds of different patches before actually switching? That missing feature seems to be a holdover from an earlier iOS era....

Also: It's probably obvious, but how can I set the bar length for recording?

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@JonLewis said:

That sounds really intriguing.

Two questions:
    Possible to preview sounds of different patches before actually switching? That missing feature seems to be a holdover from an earlier iOS era....

Also: It's probably obvious, but how can I set the bar length for recording?

Sound preview (lack of) drives me old-fashioned....

• The recoding length is determined by the pattern length.
    On the pattern Grid there's an option to set how many bars.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

Possible to preview sounds of different patches before actually switching?

Not sure, but there is a shortcut for changing patches from the main synth screen (swiping left/right on the patch name display)

• @ExAsperis99 in the piano roll for the pattern you are going to record to, press the note symbol in the top margin. This will bring up a range of quantization levels by note value, but at the left end of the row, you will see 2 Bar, 4 Bar and 8 Bar -- if you long press one of those, the pattern length will be extended accordingly.

• I'm also confused by not being able to swipe right on (awful) songs and simply delete them....

• @JonLewis said:
    @ExAsperis99 in the piano roll for the pattern you are going to record to, press the note symbol in the top margin. This will bring up a range of quantization levels by note value, but at the left end of the row, you will see 2 Bar, 4 Bar and 8 Bar -- if you long press one of those, the pattern length will be extended accordingly.

Thank you. I was trying to figure out what the icons there meant: A whole note 8x? What is that, a Jeopardy! clue? In retrospect, duh.

• While working on a pattern I often jump to the 8x view for the 'adjusting velocities and pitch values' phase.

• YouTube videos are awesome to get the hang of this beast!

• @JohnnyGoodyear if you long press on a suitably offensive song in the song load list you get all the duplicate and delete options... the swipes come when you are REALLY seriously about trashing yr offspring..

• @RockySmalls said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear if you long press on a suitably offensive song in the song load list you get all the duplicate and delete options... the swipes come when you are REALLY seriously about trashing yr offspring..

Appreciate the tip Boss.

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    YouTube videos are awesome to get the hang of this beast!

True this. Probably the best tutorial stuff for any iOS app