Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audio Evolution Mobile DAW

Comments

• @dwrae left five stars and a nice short review for this awesome - since day one - app

• @audiblevideo said:
    @dwrae left five stars and a nice short review for this awesome - since day one - app

Thanks!

• @dwrae
    Is it possible to send the midi input for the au fx as a modulator using midi learn?

• @bargale said:
    @dwrae
    Is it possible to send the midi input for the au fx as a modulator using midi learn?

I have no idea what you mean, so that's probably a 'no'. :)

• @dwrae said:

@bargale said:
    @dwrae

For instance, on a midi track I loaded Rozetta LFO and it is sending out midi cc,but using midi learn to map it to an au parameter for modulation doesn’t work.

Nonetheless, great update.

• @bargale said:

@dwrae said:

@bargale said:
    @dwrae

For instance, on a midi track I loaded Rozetta LFO and it is sending out midi cc,but using midi learn to map it to an au parameter for modulation doesn’t work.

Ah, ok. Well, it's only accepting MIDI input from the iOS MIDI system, not internal MIDI.

• edited January 2023

@dwrae said:

@bargale said:

@dwrae said:

@bargale said:
    @dwrae

Ah, ok. Well, it's only accepting MIDI input from the iOS MIDI system, not internal MIDI.

So it is not possible to send MIDI cc data between channels? For example, i set one midi auv3 plugin (midilfo) and sending midi cc data to different synths and effects on different channels.

• @soundsgoodbro said:

So it is not possible to send MIDI cc data between channels? For example, i set one midi auv3 plugin (midilfo) and sending midi cc data to different synths and effects on different channels.

Nope.

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5.5.8 for iOS has been released:

• When an AUv3 effect or instrument crashes, the effect is now removed and should not take down the entire app anymore.
    • Added the automation touch/read button to the effects and AUv3 instrument display.
    • Tempo markers can now be locked.
    • The 'Use MIDI timestamp' option would always show as active when opening the settings. Solved.
    • Tempo markers couldn't be added anymore. Solved.
  • @dwrae said:
    Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5.5.8 for iOS has been released:

• When an AUv3 effect or instrument crashes, the effect is now removed and should not take down the entire app anymore.
    • Added the automation touch/read button to the effects and AUv3 instrument display.
    • The 'Use MIDI timestamp' option would always show as active when opening the settings. Solved.

Great 🤗

• @dwrae said:

Niceeee
    Where's the tip jar? Lets get it moving

• @dwrae said:

Great. That’s a lot more immediacy for automation recording (and not forgetting touch automation recording is still on).

• I am thinking about buying AEMS, there are a number of questions, please answer those who use the program. Thank you.

• is it possible to use multiout auv3 in plugins such as Sitala, koala, etc.?
    • are there effect buses where you can send and control these buses completely separately, like a normal channel?
    • is it possible to use plugins like Rozeta midilfo to control the dynamics in auv3 plugins and effects?
    • is there a MIDI Learn for plugins and effects?
    • is it possible to access all parameters of auv3 effects, synths and plugins at once for automation?
    • what is the limit for the number of plugins on the bus? How many midi effects can I have per channel, how many effects can I have per audio track, how many effects can I have per master channel?
      Thanks for that.
  • I’ll give it a try..

@soundsgoodbro said:
    I am thinking about buying AEMS, there are a number of questions, please answer those who use the program. Thank you.

No. My workaround is to first create with the plugin on one track, then duplicate that track as many times as I would use multi-outs and then on each track solo a different instrument/out on every duplicated track.

• are there effect buses where you can send and control these buses completely separately, like a normal channel?

I’m not sure I understand your question but AEM has extended audio routing, FX (parallel routing) and FX sends capabilities.

• is it possible to use plugins like Rozeta midilfo to control the dynamics in auv3 plugins and effects?

AEM has only one MIDI AU slot per track. For more complex MIDI routing I set up the MIDI chain I want in AUM and direct that to an AEM track. If you need sync I use AEMs MIDI clock out (which via Audiobus can also give you Ableton Link with start/stop).

Every exposed AU parameter can be MIDI remote controlled/learned.

• is it possible to access all parameters of auv3 effects, synths and plugins at once for automation?

I don’t know what you mean with at once, but you can record touch automation with AUs (also multiple parameters simultaneously). I found it very reliable. The editing is a bit rudimentary and there’s no loop recording. But being able to easily/immediately set the playhead to where you want helps.

• what is the limit for the number of plugins on the bus? How many midi effects can I have per channel, how many effects can I have per audio track, how many effects can I have per master channel?

One MIDI AU per track, but see above. I think the only limit on the number of FX is your CPU.

Thanks for that.

Answered to the best of my knowledge, but please also consult the manual..

• edited January 2023

@janpieter said:

No. My workaround is to first create with the plugin on one track, then duplicate that track as many times as I would use multi-outs and then on each track solo a different instrument/out on every duplicated track...

Thank you very much for the information, I will wait for the implementation of multiout, this is the most critical for me.

• @soundsgoodbro said:
    I am thinking about buying AEMS, there are a number of questions, please answer those who use the program. Thank you.

No but there’s a workaround with koala as it can export stems and aem allows importing multiple audio files simultaneously

Please rephrase the question, what are you tryin to achieve?

No, only with an external midi controller or by using a work around, sending midi to aem from an external host like aum

Yes for both, you can also save your mapping as a preset

Please rephrase the question, unsure what you mean

Midi au - 1, in the future it will have more although there’s no eta for this from the dev

Thanks for that.

• @bargale said:

@soundsgoodbro said:

Please rephrase the question, what are you tryin to achieve?

I mean, unlike cubesis, which doesn't have full-featured buses, or auria, which has a limited number of them, does AEM have full-featured buses? For example, can I do a side-chain to an effects bus?

Please rephrase the question, unsure what you mean

Is there access to all possible parameters? Cubasis doesn't have access to the effect and synth parameters, you have to write automation first to have access to them, which is terribly inconvenient. And what about parameters in MIDI effect?

• edited January 2023

@soundsgoodbro said:
    I mean, unlike cubesis, which doesn't have full-featured buses, or auria, which has a limited number of them, does AEM have full-featured buses? For example, can I do a side-chain to an effects bus?

There are unlimited number of busses, you can use fx sends from tracks to send to busses or set the output of a track to a bus. You can side-chain between tracks and side-chain to an effect bus, but you cannot side-chain between busses since that could cause audio loops.

Is there access to all possible parameters? Cubasis doesn't have access to the effect and synth parameters, you have to write automation first to have access to them, which is terribly inconvenient. And what about parameters in MIDI effect?

All parameters are available directly for automation and in the MIDI parameter control dialog, you can also access them all, given they are AUv3 units, not IAA. You cannot do this for AU MIDI effects.

• @dwrae said:
    All parameters are available directly for automation and in the MIDI parameter control dialog, you can also access them all, given they are AUv3 units, not IAA. You cannot do this for AU MIDI effects.

Do I understand correctly that I cannot control the automation for MIDI effects?

• @soundsgoodbro said:

@dwrae said:

Do I understand correctly that I cannot control the automation for MIDI effects?

Midi effects can’t be used as a modulation source.
    They only send notes + pitchbend/mod wheel.

• @bargale said:

@soundsgoodbro said:

@dwrae said:

MIDI effects have their own CC parameters and you can automate them in AUM. It's not about modulation source, it's about controlling MIDI effect parameters.

• @soundsgoodbro said:

@bargale said:

@soundsgoodbro said:

@dwrae said:

MIDI effects have their own CC parameters and you can automate them in AUM. It's not about modulation source, it's about controlling MIDI effect parameters.

Ok. Got it.
    Nope, it can’t.
    Midi learn is for instruments or fx only.
    That’s true for now, no clue if it’s planned to evolve.

• Audio Evolution Mobile Studio v5.6.3 for iOS is rolling out:

• Added 'Import using the Files app' to the Project menu, using which you can select one or more audio/MIDI files to import from outside the app's private storage space.
    • Added a Settings option 'Pixel range to cancel action'. This value determines how much you may move your finger or stylus before the app switches to scrolling instead of popping up a menu or adding a note in the piano roll editor etc.
    • Solved a problem with stereo tracks in Vocal Tune Studio that could sound like a phase issue.
    • Solved a crash that could occur when adding/modifying automation points during playback.
    • Importing multiple files at once using the Files app did not always work. Solved.
  • I am sorry I have to say that I had to remove my apps from the store because of a f*ck up by Apple that causes all purchase verifications to fail. In-app purchases will probably have stopped working as well:

https://developer.apple.com/system-status/

• Could someone who has done effect in-app purchases inside AEMS (so not Audio Units) check if it still works or has reverted to trial state?

• @dwrae said:
    Could someone who has done effect in-app purchases inside AEMS (so not Audio Units) check if it still works or has reverted to trial state?

Tried vtp and it reverts back to trial

• edited February 2023

@bargale said:

@dwrae said:
    Could someone who has done effect in-app purchases inside AEMS (so not Audio Units) check if it still works or has reverted to trial state?

Edit: do you mean VTP stand-alone or VTP inside AEMS?

• @dwrae said:

@bargale said:

@dwrae said:

Aem
    Both vtp and vts

• @bargale said:

@dwrae said:

@bargale said:

@dwrae said:

Aem
    Both vtp and vts

can confirm

• Ok, I'll need to take down everything. This also means all your IAP's won't work. I am truely sorry, but this is beyond my control.