Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ruismaker FM 1.01 update in the AppStore

Comments

• @brambos said:

@skiphunt said:
    @brambos Bought it. Like it. :) Really does compliment the original Ruismaker very well.

FYI: You list (iPhone5s and up) as the most legacy iPhone device supported. I have an iPad Air 2, but my iPhone is still and iPhone5. It intalls on the iPhone5 and I tested it in Garageband and it works fine. I also loaded it into AUM on the iPhone5 and sequenced it with Xynthesizr and it also works just fine. No issue at all.

Hah! That's awesome!

It's actually Apple who list the 5S as the lowest supported iPhone model, I just took their word for it (and I'm a little hesitant to advertise it as compatible with iPhone 5, as Apple giveth and Apple taketh away as they please... :# ).

I was pretty sure it would work just like the first one did. Figured I'd pass it on for anyone else who has an iPhone5 and wants to play with your Ruismaker apps. They work fine with everything I've tried them out on via the iPhone5. :)

Moog Model 15 says the minimum is iPhone 5s too. I wonder if that means it will also actually run on an iPhone 5? Likely not very well if it does I reckon. That's likely pushin' it a bit too far. ;)

• Bought! So sweet! Amazing job and thank you for making this!

• @brambos said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Thanks. No, I just need to figure out how to use it. I'm battering away at the black notes on AUM's keyboard and I'm sure there is a slinkier way of doing things :)

I can recommend some Patterning goodness to go with it ;-)

I really would love Patterning to get an AU update

• Thanks. No, I just need to figure out how to use it. I'm battering away at the black notes on AUM's keyboard and I'm sure there is a slinkier way of doing things :)

Using Patterning to sequence Ruismaker/FM while hosted in AUM already works a treat.

• @brambos said:

Thanks. No, I just need to figure out how to use it. I'm battering away at the black notes on AUM's keyboard and I'm sure there is a slinkier way of doing things :)

Using Patterning to sequence Ruismaker/FM while hosted in AUM already works a treat.

That's the way I use it!
    And the best part is cuz it's AU I can layer a couple instances with different effects!

• Bought it without even turning on my brain first. Because I had already read about it and am a fan of the first Ruismaker!

• @jbvdb said:

@brambos said:

That's the way I use it!
    And the best part is cuz it's AU I can layer a couple instances with different effects!

Could you give those of us without any clue (OK, me) a screen shot of how this is setup? Would be v. grateful.

• I'm definitely taking this app on the mobile music cruise!

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jbvdb said:

@brambos said:

Could you give those of us without any clue (OK, me) a screen shot of how this is setup? Would be v. grateful.

@JG, it's all in this post,
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/14253/patterning-dueling-ruismakers-a-drum-playground-how-to/p1

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/247401/#Comment_247401
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/244409/#Comment_244409 (might be a little bit wrong ... can't remember, but gives the general idea.

Those should get you started.

Tender Heart Warning: contains posts from our lost friend @Kaikoo2. :'(

• @wim and @gsm909

Thank you both muchly. I shall go study. Still getting to happy grips with recording ST's strat via G-Capo into AP :) Now I just need some drums...

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jbvdb said:

@brambos said:

That's the way I use it!

If you tell me how to take a screen shot maybe

AUM 3 tracks
    1, 2 are ruismaker on the same midi channel, different insert effects
    3 is sometimes iSEM or Animoog on midi channel 3
    Track 1 through 6 are set to the black keys corresponding to ruismaker voices
    Track 8 is set to channel 3 at any note I want to play and I use the coarse pitch to sequence notes
    Works great

• @jbvdb said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@jbvdb said:

@brambos said:

That's the way I use it!

If you tell me how to take a screen shot maybe

AUM 3 tracks
    1, 2 are ruismaker on the same midi channel, different insert effects
    3 is sometimes iSEM or Animoog on midi channel 3
    Track 1 through 6 are set to the black keys corresponding to ruismaker voices
    Track 8 is set to channel 3 at any note I want to play and I use the coarse pitch to sequence notes
    Works great

Looks good. And thanks.

For future reference, if you press your on/off switch on top/left/right and then at the same time press the circular home button on the middle/side -just on and then off- your system will snap whatever's on your screen and save it in your photos area....

• Is there a way to transfer sounds created in regular ruismaker to fm?

• Is there a way to transfer sounds created in regular ruismaker to fm?

That's not possible, unfortunately, as the synth engines internally are completely different. But since it's an AU plugin you can simply run them side by side in as many instances as you like.

• I'm hopong Cubasis 2.0 drops soon and includes auromatic plug-in delay compensation so the frozen/recorded ruismaker clips are spot-on the grid instead of coming too early :D

• Hellz yea! Just bought it, Ruismaker is fun on its own, but the possibilities with the FM sound design in an AU is wonderful! Thanks @brambos!

• Both these Ruismakers makes me wan't to write a 'Dear Korg' letter to include the Ruismakers as Gadgets...

Considering the already nice 'track-record' of quality stuff it's easy to conclude that what ever @brambos releases will end up on the instabuy list!

I dub the next unknown 'thing' to something like Ruis(ad)Lib ;)

• RuisSimpler

• @NTKK said:
    RuisSimpler

That would be nice too...
    I'm still waiting for something similar to Renoise Redux to hit iOS...
    http://www.renoise.com/products/redux
    (I'm still more than pleased with just 'Renoise' on my MacBook Air).

• Can I get Launchpad to drive RuisMaker FM under AUM. Just tried what I thought were the right settings, and no joy.

• Thanks for the kind words, @all!

Indeed, I think that Audio Units should share a similar design philosophy to Gadgets, in the sense that they should be instantly accessible, agnostic of the sequencer that drives them (i.e. it should work equally well with a pianoroll as with a grid type sequencer or something yet to be invented) and a design that focuses on its core-task. On the iPad even more so than in a desktop environment.

Korg were onto something when they designed Gadget (although credit for that should probably also go to Propellerhead Reason) ;-)

• I've been playing with Ruismaker in midiSteps. Shame midiSteps only has 4 AU slots :p

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I've been playing with Ruismaker in midiSteps. Shame midiSteps only has 4 AU slots :p

I guess we should remind Art about Link link-support too as Apple did not change so much with iOS when it comes to midi :)

• @Samu said:

@NTKK said:
    RuisSimpler

That would be nice too...
    I'm still waiting for something similar to Renoise Redux to hit iOS...
    http://www.renoise.com/products/redux
    (I'm still more than pleased with just 'Renoise' on my MacBook Air).

Ahhhh if they made Renoise or Redux for iOS I would be so stoked! Having their amazing sampler and the tracker for midi, AUX, and samples would just be the bees knees. Those are the two things I sorely miss when producing music on my iPhone.

• @t0dk0n said:

Ahhhh if they made Renoise or Redux for iOS I would be so stoked! Having their amazing sampler and the tracker for midi, AUX, and samples would just be the bees knees. Those are the two things I sorely miss when producing music on my iPhone.

I consider SunVox to be 'Renoise Light' and in some cases it goes beyond :D

• @t0dk0n said:
    Ahhhh if they made Renoise or Redux for iOS I would be so stoked! Having their amazing sampler and the tracker for midi, AUX, and samples would just be the bees knees.

FT2 used to be my weapon of choice for a long time (after learning the ropes on Octamed on Amiga). I wonder if I would ever be able to become as comfortable with the tracker paradigm again as I used to be. But even out of nostalgia I'd like to dive back into it for a bit.

• @brambos said:

@t0dk0n said:
    Ahhhh if they made Renoise or Redux for iOS I would be so stoked! Having their amazing sampler and the tracker for midi, AUX, and samples would just be the bees knees.

FT2 used to be my weapon of choice for a long time (after learning the ropes on Octamed on Amiga). I wonder if I would ever be able to become as comfortable with the tracker paradigm again as I used to be. But even out of nostalgia I'd like to dive back into it for a bit.

Milkytracker is for recovering FT2 addicts...
    Renoise and SunVox are in a completely different league :)

• Anyone tried the two Ruismakers in Zmors Modular yet? How did you get on?

• RuisSampler - with multi layered samples that blend properly on velocity rather than just switching at a set level would make the Ruis series meet all my drum and percussion needs forever :)