Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is there anything better than AudioStretch on iOS for slowing down audio for ambient audioscapes?

13»

Comments

• How does Auria Pro's Elastic Pro strech, "Best" quality set, stack up against the options discussed here? I just stretched a vocal region tenfold and it didn't sound grainy at all.

• @theconnactic said:
    How does Auria Pro's Elastic Pro strech, "Best" quality set, stack up against the options discussed here? I just stretched a vocal region tenfold and it didn't sound grainy at all.

Now try it at 800 fold :wink:

• thanks for the tips

• I don't have Ipulsaret, I suppose you can do the same thing with idensity?

• @Proto said:
    For ambient soundscapes Ipulsaret is your best friend. Load/import a sample and slowdown the speed (0,10 or lower) and adjust the grain lenght/duration (100ms and higher values works best) and adjust the density till you dont hear any stutters/grains anymore.

Natural high guaranteed. ;)

Hey, can you tell me why the grain length dial is greyed out with some presets and some not? How do you activate it when it appears deactivated?

Thanks!

• edited June 2017

@kobamoto said:
    does anybody have Group the loop, is it possible to do syrupcore's idea with that app as well... ?

I have it.
    By default the lowest BPM is 30, Max 320. Perhaps run it twice. On the other hand, there is audio stretch algorithm that is correcting the lenght vs pitch and could ruin the plot. Check this out: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/15198/group-the-loop-update

I haven't processed it myself, but it could shed some light on it for you and/or contact the developer. Unfortunately I can not perform tests tonight to find out.

• @skiphunt said:

@Proto said:
    For ambient soundscapes Ipulsaret is your best friend. Load/import a sample and slowdown the speed (0,10 or lower) and adjust the grain lenght/duration (100ms and higher values works best) and adjust the density till you dont hear any stutters/grains anymore.

Hey, can you tell me why the grain length dial is greyed out with some presets and some not? How do you activate it when it appears deactivated?

Thanks!

C, grainlet and switch off. Around 75 cycles is the magic number for the grainlet part for a smooth constant sound. Its an alternative method.

• @kobamoto said:
    I don't have Ipulsaret, I suppose you can do the same thing with idensity?

The difference is you can play chords using ipulsaret.

• edited June 2017

So can you play chords using the slowed down audio as content?

• @Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

Thanks!

C, grainlet and switch off. Around 75 cycles is the magic number for the grainlet part for a smooth constant sound. Its an alternative method.

Thanks! I'm rediscovering iPulsaret anew. I bought it a long time ago before I even knew what I wanted to do.

IPulsaret would be cool with this same dev's arpeggiator from his new Mood synth.

• @skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

@skiphunt said:

@Proto said:

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm rediscovering iPulsaret anew. I bought it a long time ago before I even knew what I wanted to do.

IPulsaret would be cool with this same dev's arpeggiator from his new Mood synth.

Agree and like Mood a lot, but its a pain to import presets including samples into the au version.
    Another nice trick to create slow evolving sounds using Ipulsaret's synth engine is by assigning slow speed lfo's to the "wave" x and y axis or the partial and chroma bars from the "trainlet" section. Keep the length (B part) around 300ms for best result.

@Mayo

Yes you can play chords using samples and this is exactly why you can create super rich textures using slow downed audio files.

• Playing chords with super slowed down audio sounds like a right good time. Can you use the y axis to start at a different part of the sample per note?

• Still curious if any iOS apps are demonstrably closer to Paul Stretch's output than Loopy.

• @syrupcore said:
    Playing chords with super slowed down audio sounds like a right good time. Can you use the y axis to start at a different part of the sample per note?

:) who needs a erebus when you can use sam cooks voice slowed down

• well, probably both of us but that's not the point

• @kobamoto said:
    well, probably both of us but that's not the point

Dammit.

• @syrupcore said:
    Still curious if any iOS apps are demonstrably closer to Paul Stretch's output than Loopy.

Have you tried Caustic?

• @anickt said:

@syrupcore said:
    Still curious if any iOS apps are demonstrably closer to Paul Stretch's output than Loopy.

Have you tried Caustic?

Not for extreme stretching purposes. How would you say it fairs against other known iOS stretchers?

• @syrupcore said:

@anickt said:

@syrupcore said:

Have you tried Caustic?

Not for extreme stretching purposes. How would you say it fairs against other known iOS stretchers?

I don't have it on my iPad right now. Doing the 16 GB shuffle. Haven't used it in a while due to moving house. As I remember it worked pretty well but I wasn't pushing it. I may get back to it next weekend.

• Thanks for the tips and info @Proto,
    glad someone has put in the homework on iPulsaret.
    I have iDensity - but will have to get iPulsaret and put in the hard yards.

with SO many apps coming our way, sometimes its really hard to put the time into them all to see what can be achieved

• @Mayo said:
    with SO many apps coming our way, sometimes its really hard to put the time into them all to see what can be achieved

Yes. I get things, full of enthusiasm and having an idea how I'd incorporate an app... then forget I have it as the next glittering thing appears.

• edited June 2017

ha ha - we are like bees and apps are flowers :p